Read-only
Total: 509
That1User
Debates: 12
That1User
-->
@drafterman
That1User - sheeping Danielle

If you're not prepared to lynch someone, you shouldn't vote them.
I was VTNL until persuaded by Danielle's logic to claim pressure Speed in post #348, we need info in this massively confusing game. Switched my vote to Corey (now you) because of Speed's vote, both were willing to noob pressure and I voted to noob pressure.  My motivation for voting is to pressure claim and you should vote to pressure them, the goal is to narrow down who to VTL and for that you need info, claim pressuring gains info
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Vote Count

Speedrace [2/7] iLikePie5, Danielle
Danielle [1/7] Lunatic
drafterman [1/7] That1User
VTNL [1/7] seldiora 
warren42[1/7] whiteflame
MisterChris [1/7] drafterman
whiteflame [1/7] Speedrace

MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Vader
This is quite the vote spread. 

Drafter did unvote me btw
That1User
That1User
-->
@whiteflame
Unvote
VTL whiteflame for claim
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
With this vote spread this DP is irrecoverable. Thanks, Mikal
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@That1User
See, I expected Speed to push me to claim, but you pushing me is pretty rich considering that we’ve been on the same page for much of our choices throughout this game. I’m not sure what suddenly has you suspicious of me, but every reason I can think of applies equally well or better to you. If anyone’s been bandwagoning much of this game with limited logic to explain it, that would be you. Not sure why Speed is ignoring that in his choice to vote for me, but that’s his choice.

In general, I liked the idea of getting more claims this DP when there were several noob wildcards that we wanted to nail down. In their absence, I’m willing to seek one or two, but I don’t think we stand to gain much by outing too many people at this stage. We don’t have much information yet, so I can understand seeking some, though.
Vader
Vader
Vote Count

Danielle [1/7] Lunatic
VTNL [1/7] seldiora 
warren42[1/7] whiteflame
whiteflame [1/7] Speedrace, That1User

Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
I townread speed even more than I did before.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Vader
I unvoted a couple of posts back.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Vader
Did we get a DP extension?
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
Hi I haven't read shit and won't be able to before end of day, I'll keep up with what happens here on out.

1. Sup?
2. AMA
3. Anyone feel generous enough to give me a brief recap?
Vader
Vader
Vote Count

Danielle [1/7] Lunatic
VTNL [1/7] seldiora 

Vader
Vader
Due to the new replacements that are occurring in game, the oddity of the modkill, and to give time for future replacements, the lengthy activity pause, etc, the DP has been extended by 2 hours. The DP now ends 12/11/20 7PM CST.
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@warren42
3. Anyone feel generous enough to give me a brief recap?

there are basically two halves of the dp, the first is mikal going insane over flawed discord logic and then modkilling himself as a town power role...? then the next half of the dp is everyone either defending or shitting on speed for one reason or another. you can look over like the past 10 pages to see if you think speed is sus or not, but tbh, looking at the votespread, i don't think this speed stuff is really getting us anywhere...

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@warren42
Mikal claimed to see me typing in Discord due to some weird glitch, I denied it and said I hadn't been on Discord in like an hour or so, he thinks I was typing in scum chat, then he pastes in his role PM and Supa modkills him b/c he explicitly told him not to paste it, then people told me to claim because of the Discord stuff and because Mikal's PM said he was town, I refused to based on principle that using Discord stuff to scumread him isn't right, I continued to get pressured by Dani, whiteflame, That1, Pie and Chris, I character claim (Lucy Heartfilia) but don't role claim, everyone besides Dani gets off of me, two inactives get replaced by drafter and you, and yep that's pretty much it
drafterman
drafterman
Oh shit the DP is almost over.

VTNL
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
has dp ended? I don't see a reason to lynch anyone rn
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Sorry about being AWOL guys. I’ve been studying for my Econ Final since yesterday because I have to take it this evening.

My vote still stands cause Speed is being anti-town if he’s town, or is scum.

I still don’t get why we’re VTNL when we’re gonna have to waste a lynch on Croc anyways in the future when we probably have information that will generate better lynches.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Danielle
First of all, literally nothing about the link you shared to your post indicates any hypocrisy of mine. I'm not sure if you gave the wrong link or not, but nowhere from that page did I say "Discord logic" is a bad reason to pressure someone. I have always said that it's completely fair game and reliance on it is partially why the town sucks without theme analysis or considering outside game clues. We use it way more often than we should. I have complained about this multiple times in the last few weeks. That's why I said I wouldn't have agreed with Mikal to pressure Speed about it had I been online at the time. Which brings me to the next point that I am only going to repeat one final time:  

I am not voting for Speed because he refused to claim per Mikal's bullshit Discord logic. 

In regards to the link and your last line, exactly! That's my point. The link I posted shows me actively resisting pie wanting me to claim, because there is like 0 behavioral basis for the claim. Likewise with mikal's discord logic. You have said multiple times that the discord logic is dumb too, so where you seem to disagree is that refusing to claim in general is scummy. I am showing you how that isn't consistent with your past views in regards to me doing the same thing in Avatar Mafia.

You really can't feign ignorance to it either, because it was kind of a big event. I refused to claim because there was no reason for it other than pie wanted me to. And pie resisted claiming the next phase in defiance and actually let himself get lynched over it. The difference was that there was behavioral reason for pie in dp2, where he never made an argument for me. You defended me on this stance in the endgame, and me and you both lectured pie for it. It led to the meme of you voting pie at the beginning of every day phase. That you are acting ignorant to my point here is baffling.

This is going to be the last thing I say about the subject, but just FYI in that game Luna posted, it was where Luna said he thought scum was one of the people who "liked" his post. That is arguably a ridiculous reason to pressure someone first (PRESSURING SOMEONE WHO WAS ONLINE AT THE TIME SOMEONE LIKED HIS POST) and Speed said so BUT I WENT ALONG WITH IT BECAUSE IT WAS DAY PHASE 1.  I said that we had nothing else to go on so it gave us a place to start.  Please just read this entire page of my posts from that game.

We were right about the person to pressure first for that "BS" reason and btw I was town. So Luna is completely 100% making up that I am somehow exemplifying hypocritical logic. Now I want to FOS him for lying because that whole exchange was very memorable. And that's all I have to say about that. 
Your argument is all over the place; If  you agree that the discord logic was bas just like the liking post logic was bad, but were okay with me not claiming, why aren't you equally okay with speed not claiming from bad logic? All this is kind of pointless to your FOS since speed actually DID character claim his character before you went into the larger part of your tirade anyway, unless your honestly expecting a full claim from this. If that's the case, your case isn't just all over the place, it's straight in the toilet lol.

I have said in each and every game that we have to start somewhere on DP1. Every DP1 someone whines and throws a hissy fit and refuses to claim because "why should they." THERE IS NO GOOD REASON MOST OF THE TIME. We literally make one up and that's why you completely ignored the example I gave re: Pie voting for whiteflame, because in each and every game you'll find a random or arguably BS reason to pressure someone first. Why should Elminster claim when you pressure him first? What if you voted for him and 4 people hopped on just cuz they figured why not, but he refused to claim because "why should he?" It's straight up anti town to not claim when you have a wagon even if the wagon is built on bullshit. That's how you play the game. 
I agree and dis-agree at the same time. I do not think people should automatically claim upon first receiving pressure. And when I pressure people it isn't usually for a claim unless I already think their behavior is lynchable and let them use the claim to potentially change my mind. As you said, I RVS voted elminster, but I never asked him for a claim. If he's willing to claim, we can look into that behaviorally; Why did he claim so willingly? Noobs tend to crack under pressure sooner, which is why you see them claim so early. I don't expect a person like you or drafter to claim simply because you have a few votes on you. Especially if you are a power role. In fact in live mafia you tend to hold out on claiming more than literally everyone, often making it into the later stages and holding onto results. If you do something scummy enough to demand a claim, and multiple people seem to agree at least enough to pressure you to claim, then you claim. Speed does not fall under this circumstance. Speed also was never at risk of being lynched either, if he would have claimed I guarantee you half the people on his wagon would have been like "why did you claim a power role bro you barely had any pressure" and further scum read him for claiming lol. Speed's resistance to claiming feels 100% townie in this circumstance.

You are also lying about me wanting to "mislynch Speed." I don't want to lynch Speed. I'm telling him to claim so he doesn't get lynched and at the same time keeping my promise that I will absolutely vote to lynch someone who refuses to claim when they have a sufficient wagon
Speed has already claimed. Why do you need a role claim from him? I am not lying about anything. I don't know your motivations, I can only interpret that they would be to take advantage of a contentious on and off wagon while the tea pot is still hot. I interpret that as you looking for a mislynch. You throw around the word lying way to easily lol.

I don't cow tow to big personalities who dictate how the game is played by saying "this is what's going to happen," i.e. YYWs style. In Discord Mafia a few weeks ago, Mikal was screaming at me over and over to do something and I literally just said NO you aren't going to get me to listen just because you "said so." 
Good for you I guess.

Speed saying "yeah I'm not claiming no matter what - lynch me" is reminiscent of that smug, condescending personality that I can't stand. That's why I'm voting for him. It's a team game. I agree Mikal's reason was nonsense but a wagon started and Speed said he wasn't going to claim regardless of whether or not he had the votes. If you force the mislynch of a townie when you're town solely because you refuse to claim (like Pie did in that game where I ripped him a new asshole) then you're a loser and deserve ridicule. The fact that you think I would yell at Pie and others over this behavior but not Speed is dumb. I'm not going to let him control how the game goes. That's how he makes a fool of everyone all the time.  I am perfectly fine lynching a townie who plays like that and I have maintained this exact same position in each game. So no this is not me trying to "mislynch" Speed; I'd unvote him if he claimed. And you haven't proven anything about my alleged hypocrisy. I already said I'm not claiming and don't care if you lynch me for it. That's how we play on DART now. 
It's interesting you see him as being smug and condescending, I see none of that. I see someone who is completely justifiable floored by being voted for complete nonsense. I would say "fvck you" to those pressuring me in this circumstance as well, and have before. Regardless of him stating this his frustration with the reason for his FOS he did actually comply, unlike pie in your example. This is why speed is town, and the fact that he claimed despite having no good reason to suits your own argument for why he should be town. The only reason your vote would still be on him at this point is if you were trying to take advantage of the drama and hope for a mislynch. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
My vote still stands cause Speed is being anti-town if he’s town, or is scum.
The dude claimed, what more do you want from him? A role? If so your gonna need a lot more of a case to justify that other than the piss poor discord logic, which didn't even really justify a character claim to begin with lol
warren42
warren42
Yeah I feel like this is dumb, but whatever.

Speed probably isn't scum for the reasons Mikal thinks he is, if he's scum at all.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Anime Waifus Mafia
This can't possibly have a non-hilarious outcome. Someone please link me to this endgame lol.
whiteflame
whiteflame
Well, guess it doesn't matter much anymore, but VTNL because it looks like this DP is going nowhere.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Lunatic
Vader
Vader
Vote Count

Danielle [1/7] Lunatic
VTNL [2/7] seldiora, drafterman

~45min remain

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@drafterman
lol

Vader
Vader
the thread will close in 35minutes...if a flip were to occur, it will be posted later tonight. I have to attend to an extremely important business matter.
Speedrace
Speedrace
I have to attend to an extremely important business matter.
LOL
Speedrace
Speedrace
Supa told me to close the thread, submit actions guys