Debates: 12
That1User
-->
@Danielle
You awake?

Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
Good morning! I need to read the DP quickly before my calls start coming in. I'ma skim cuz 14 pages is a lot and then go back and re-read if I need to. 
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Speedrace
No use, I am not claiming. If you're voting me it's to lynch me.

I haven't finished reading the DP yet but I want to be clear that I have absolutely no problem lynching you for refusal to claim. Ask Pie. 
That1User
That1User
-->
@Danielle
I haven't finished reading the DP yet but I want to be clear that I have absolutely no problem lynching you for refusal to claim. Ask Pie. 
The lynch on Speed died, only Pie remains, looks like you agree with his logic here
Danielle
Danielle
So I can already tell this is gonna be a frustrating game. In the Sign Up thread I actually made a post that said I might back out if the mod let noobs play. I think you should have to play Beginner games first because these people definitely have no idea what DDO Mafia is. It's different from other site Mafia assuming they have even done that. I would bet my LIFE that they are talking about the game outside the game with that1user (their friend/bf who invited them to play) which is just in bad spirit of the game cuz it gives things away, and/or that at LEAST one of them is in a mafia PM. Otherwise there's no way for them to have any clue what to do. And furthermore we don't be able to read them for shit because everything will be written off as n00biness. So I actually almost backed out just because I didn't want to read a million posts explaining to them how the game works or trying to figure out what to do with them. But yeah before I give me reads/thoughts I just wanna say that I'll prob be voting for a claim from Crystal and Corey at some point just because we'll have absolutely no idea what to do with them. Similarly seldiora hasn't played before but he may have seen the game on DART. 

Anyway so this was my first concern going into the game - now I'm just annoyed at childish behavior and thinking there might be bastard modding. Speed looks like he's trying to get himself lynched and if there's a Jester I'm going to lose even more interest in the game. The only time the Jester role was cool IMO was when drafter made whiteflame and I need to both get lynched in order to win. I was actually thinking Speeed and Elminster had that same win con like WF and I did but now I think Elminster is really the bodyguard. 

BRB still typing.  
Danielle
Danielle
Hold on I got a work call but I still wanna give my reads brb in like 15 mins or so. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Danielle
. I would bet my LIFE that they are talking about the game outside the game with that1user (their friend/bf who invited them to play) which is just in bad spirit of the game cuz it gives things away
We have had siblings play together in the past. I will not expose who unless they want they to come out, but they were respectful to the game and keeping integrity. I talked to both sides and they agreed to play fairly. As a mod, I can assure I am keeping an eye out for cheating.
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@That1User
Btw don't take anything I said personally. It's not a knock on you or them at all. I just know based on experience what to expect. The only reason I deleted that post from the Sign Ups is cuz I felt like people would call me out for bringing my friend Magic to DDO Mafia but I felt like that was an exception cuz I prepared her and she's smart, so I knew she would get it right away (...not that your gf isn't smart... forget it I'ma stop talking... but anyway I was concerned about them is all because I think it will be a distraction and just people we won't be able to read at ALL). That said brb again I'm still gonna respond to the DP so far. 
Vader
Vader
Vote Count

Speedrace [1/7] iLikePie5
Coreyinthehouse [1/7]  Lunatic
VTNL [3/7] Speedrace, That1User, Lunatic

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Vader
I appreciate that. Just for the record I'm not saying you can't play with your sibling, partner or friend. Obviously that happens all the time. I just think that for their FIRST GAMES it's hard not to ask them questions. Not sure if you remember when I brought my friend to play on Discord and he asked me a hundred questions about the game even though he's played Mafia before (albeit a different version). I refused to answer him and he thought I was scum because of that. I was actually town but felt dirty he even asked lol I'm pretty big on integrity. I digress though. Thanks for looking out. 

Vader
Vader
-->
@Danielle
 I just think that for their FIRST GAMES it's hard not to ask them questions. Not sure if you remember when I brought my friend to play on Discord and he asked me a hundred questions about the game even though he's played Mafia before (albeit a different version). I refused to answer him and he thought I was scum because of that. I was actually town but felt dirty he even asked lol I'm pretty big on integrity. I digress though. Thanks for looking out. 

I'll talk more about this in endgame but I was supposed to start a beginners series but there was a low interest for newbies to play
That1User
That1User
-->
@Danielle
 I would bet my LIFE that they are talking about the game outside the game with that1user
I see your concern is geniune, only things that were discussed is the basic mechanics of mafia (like nps), explained it as the OG Among Us, links to Earth's and drafter's mafia guides, and confusion over sussing someone over Discord DMs, at that point I said we're not allowed to discuss the game and the convo ceased, at this point they get the basics of the game now. The invite was because of an interest in anime and mentioning mafia b4
That1User
That1User
-->
@Danielle
Btw don't take anything I said personally.
I don't, thank you for your honesty 
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Speedrace
Reads: 

Speed is playing as if he wants to get lynched. In post #113  him declaring Mikal the Jester was nonsensical. Mikal has played to this same exact shitty ass meta in the last ~5 games and he was town in all of them with the exception of last game when he was scum. Why that behavior would suddenly indicate "Jester" is beyond me. I can't even remember the last time a Jester was used in a DDO/DART game so that seemed completely out of left field. Speed, explain why you think that. 

Chris seems town considering how out of his way he went with multiple people to test the Discord thing (seems like a waste of time if mafia). Not sure how to read Luna's assessment of Speed. I agree with it but feel like as maf he would be pointing out the same thing and kinda buddy Speed. It's obvious a lot of people are going to want a claim from him and if he's gonna pull that "just lynch me then" nonsense I will literally just lynch him even if it means losing to the Jester. Big deal. Not sure why Speed thinks he's somehow above having to claim when it applies to every other player but yeah no he doesn't get a pass just because he's a good player.

I'm not confident enough in my ability to read most players here so I'm looking for tells and slips. The Discord convo was a massive waste of time but I think it's fair game. I also tend to give it a pass on DP1 because we have nothing to go on. Gut is telling me Speed threatening to quit over it means he really was caught in a PM on Discord. I believe Mikal is town cuz Supa mod killed him so the PM was copypasta was legit. 

FOS on Croc from post #126 and 128. He seems too confident that Mikal is town, and no offense but Croc doesn't strike me as someone who is active + confident enough to have a solid read on Mikal (of all people) like that. He said "Mikal wouldn't pressure for a blatant mislynch like this" when Croc has played in the last ~5 games where yes Mikal has absolutely done that and blatantly asked for a mislynch of himself every single time.

Not sure if I wanna vote for Speed, a noob or Croc so might as well vtl Pie. 
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Danielle
Not sure if I wanna vote for Speed, a noob or Croc so might as well vtl Pie. 

Ah, the bulletproof fallback
Danielle
Danielle
Just kidding. I detest splitting the vote count so I'm not gonna vote for Pie, but in looking at the vote count I can tell you that I'm definitely NOT voting No Lynch without even trying to get something out of the DP. We have 13 players  - we can afford to get a claim. DP1 is the biggest likelihood for a scum slip depending on if the mod gave fake claims. If he only gave 1 that leaves 1+ scum person SOL trying to figure something out.  Especially after I literally just spelled out why we have absolutely no idea how to read 3 people who have never played before, on top of Speed yeah I'm not voting No Lynch. I'll unvote and vtl Speed unless someone wants to help me pressure a noob. 

Speedrace [2/7] iLikePie5, Danielle 
Coreyinthehouse [1/7]  Lunatic
VTNL [3/7] Speedrace, That1User, Lunatic

That1User
That1User
-->
@Danielle
Your logic is sound, best to claim pressure here
Unvote
VTL Speed
That1User
That1User
-->
@Speedrace
Claim
Vader
Vader
Vote Count

Speedrace [3/7] iLikePie5, Danielle, That1User
VTNL [2/7] That1User, Lunatic

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Danielle
I'm with you on Speed trying to get lynched, which generally seems strange to me because I can't figure out how this behavior makes sense for him unless he's a TP, especially if he's a mime like we were. He's clearly being pretty guarded about having to claim, which, if I assume he's town, suggests to me that he has a power role that he doesn't want to reveal. I'm still tempted to push for at least a partial claim from him. How does everyone currently on the vote feel about just getting the character claim, or would people not be satisfied with anything short of a full claim?
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
@That1User
Question above directed at you two as well.
That1User
That1User
-->
@whiteflame
How does everyone currently on the vote feel about just getting the character claim
I'd be good with a character claim/partial role-claim
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@whiteflame
He's clearly being pretty guarded about having to claim, which, if I assume he's town, suggests to me that he has a power role that he doesn't want to reveal. 

Yeah or he's a vanilla townie trying to trick the mafia into killing him by pretending he has a power role. The only thing is that's completely unnecessary cuz Speed, Luna and myself are gonna be the most obvious mafia night targets given how many noobs and inactives are playing. Plus this risks being lynched in the day per his refusal which he doesn't seem to care about despite hurting town if he's town. There's just no way to read this behavior and a claim is warranted. But I'm open to a claim from the noobs cuz I really don't expect much contribution from them, so. 
Danielle
Danielle
Plus this risks being lynched in the day per his refusal which he doesn't seem to care about despite hurting town if he's town. 
Speed was against Mikal's behavior when he played like a brat - now he's gonna do it? Doesn't make sense. The ONLY thing I can think is that he's a vanilla trying to draw the NK but again he expressed willingness to be LYNCHED meaning he isn't even trying to make it to the night phase. None of this is town motivated. I don't know if I care enough to try and figure out if he's got a weird TP role. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Just woke up
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Danielle
+1
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
I'm with you on Speed trying to get lynched, which generally seems strange to me because I can't figure out how this behavior makes sense for him unless he's a TP, especially if he's a mime like we were. He's clearly being pretty guarded about having to claim, which, if I assume he's town, suggests to me that he has a power role that he doesn't want to reveal. I'm still tempted to push for at least a partial claim from him. How does everyone currently on the vote feel about just getting the character claim, or would people not be satisfied with anything short of a full claim?
I’m not unvoting until there’s a full claim 
That1User
That1User
-->
@ILikePie5
Just woke up
Just in time, we're having Speed for breakfast, want a character claim or a full/partial role claim?