Would you rather

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 62
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
I just think that expecting the rest of the World to be exactly as we want it to be, is unreasonable.
And immature. A trait I have concluded is necessary for atheism.

Though people think it the same, "expecting the rest of the World to NOT be exactly as we DON'T want it to be, is just as unreasonable and immature.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
I love my country England...
The same one you called a shithole right? Uh huh.

Yes that one. The one that is going to the dogs and being turned into a third world backwater  shithole of a country because of mass legal immigration by cultures alien and incompatible to English /western society.  But I wouldn't expect even the lowest of  cretinous contrary dickheads   to understand that.   Just pray (for what its worth) that what is happening here don'st happen over there princess. . Because its coming to a town near you.

Let's all hope you never become president where you could bomb all those poor wretched African souls to death to "end" their suffering. With enough bombs, we could end suffering!

"the lord" did to Five cities in Mesopotamia killing 1.5 million souls.

Eze 18:4 - Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sins, it shall die.

How proud you must feel. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Was  that was just argument for the sake of argument?

Or are you implying that  it is mature to dictate to and suppress people who do not fit with your stereotype of a good guy?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
I don't know where you get your implications, but it isn't from me.

Complaining because God didn't do things the way you would have liked them done, is childish, and the basic core argument of every militant atheist here.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
How proud you must feel. 
To be a servant to His Beatific Excellency, King Jesus? I'm bursting! That the Great and Mighty King would even be mindful of me, a flea offering only dirty rags!

You better believe I'm proud to be His!
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Well I obviously wouldn't do that, as I don't believe in a fantasy GOD......That's your department.

You were assuming that I was immature....And so I assumed, that you also must assume that you are mature.....Therefore as you were clearly not in agreement, the implication would obviously be the antithesis of what you regarded as an immature statement.....Basic Inference. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Well I obviously wouldn't do that, as I don't believe in a fantasy GOD......That's your department.
You do a good job of pretending the opposite then. I wonder what lengths you would go to if you did believe this God existed!

You were assuming that I was immature....
Well, it wasn't an assumption.

And so I assumed, that you also must assume that you are mature.....
Compared to militant atheists? Toddlers are comparatively mature to militant anti-theists.

Therefore as you were clearly not in agreement, the implication would obviously be the antithesis of what you regarded as an immature statement.....Basic Inference. 
You may think you're too old for critical thinking classes, but I would encourage you to take the course anyway.

Just suggesting. ;  )

Jarrett_Ludolph
Debates: 4
Jarrett_Ludolph
-->
@zedvictor4
"Life is better than not being alive....Do you have evidence to substantiate this claim?

Sounds like an assumption to me."

Life is better because death brings the end to your very existence, and death is the end. If you stop living, you will not have any more family or Friends, thus it is worse. Plus, there's still a chance the child could live out some meaningful existence, killing them would rob the child of that meaning.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Jarrett_Ludolph
Not being alive, is not the same as death.

If you had stated that life is better than death then I would have agreed.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
What about militant theists?......All those Syrian Jihadists for example.

Your paranoia is almost palpable.

Did your Dad drum into you,  to trust no one other than good ole American Christians.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
England should have trusted Chamberlain.

I trust Jesus Christ, the only person worthy of trust.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
What about your specific GOD......Do you not trust that?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
What about your specific GOD......Do you not trust that?
Jesus Christ IS God. And no one owns God. He isn't MY God or YOUR God in the possessive sense. He is just God. Just one God. And God of all.

And He doesn't need your approval or agreement.

(That's one of the many reasons I dig the cat.)
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Jesus was the son of GOD.....The proxy idol of one of the branches of the Abrahamic based faiths.....Funny how theists forget this.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@ethang5
I wouldn’t nuke Africa, as this is a painful way to die, but those who are being shot should have a say in the matter.

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@ethang5
Also, bombing Africa would cause many non suffering people to die.  I don’t know a better way to get Africa free or relatively free of its suffering.  I think trade could work to some extent.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Jarrett_Ludolph
They often are going to die anyways, and often within a year.  It’s I think better to end the pain and suffering of dying from hunger.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Trying to debate with you about what the bible says would be silly, not only because you don't know what the bible says, but also because you think you do.
ethang5
ethang5
I wouldn’t nuke Africa, as this is a painful way to die, but those who are being shot should have a say in the matter.
Would you ask whether they would like to be shot? Will you also have an answer if one of them asked you where your authority to shoot them comes from?

I don’t know a better way to get Africa free or relatively free of its suffering.  I think trade could work to some extent.
Lol. If I posted my actual response here, I'd be justifiably banned.

When I lived in Africa, believe it or not, some white people actually suggested similar to the "non-suffering" Africans there! And were befuddled at their negative reaction.
Jarrett_Ludolph
Jarrett_Ludolph
-->
@TheUnderdog
then we just simply disagree, I think the child might have something to live for, even if it's not much, and you think the child has nothing to live for.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Jarrett_Ludolph
What would the child live for except for dying an extremely painful death by starvation?  Better to end their pain, even if it means a merciful death.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@ethang5
When I lived in Africa, believe it or not, some white people actually suggested similar to the "non-suffering" Africans there!
What did they suggest be done to those who weren’t starving and suffering?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
The Bible was and still is an ongoing mish mash of translation and reinterpretation.....Who knows what was chiselled onto those first tablets of stone?

And Jesus wasn't GOD....Only a representative of GOD......Worshipping Jesus as such is just the Christian way of doing things....Just like Catholics have their GOD proxy....Saves bothering GOD directly I suppose.

At least Syrian Jihadists worship the big fella.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@TheUnderdog
Sorry, since you seem to think you can skip my questions and just keep expecting your questions to be answered, I need to alert you to a basic truth. If you don't answer my questions, don't bother asking me any of your own.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
The Bible was and still is an ongoing mish mash of translation and reinterpretation.....
The bible isn't. And never was. Your opinion is not truth.

Who knows what was chiselled onto those first tablets of stone?
Many know. We know because of how the bible came to be. Which of course accounts for why the bible has been so persuasive to so many cultures and ethnicities over the years.

And Jesus wasn't GOD....Only a representative of GOD......
Jesus said He was God. And I hold Him as far more credible than you.

Worshipping Jesus as such is just the Christian way of doing things....Just like Catholics have their GOD proxy....Saves bothering GOD directly I suppose.
Catholics also believe Jesus is God. Perhaps you are confusing doctrines?

At least Syrian Jihadists worship the big fella.
Those who worship God must do so in spirit and truth. This is what God Himself says. So you can pick out any group you like and slap on them the label "worshipping the big fella", and it will carry no more weight than your uninformed opinion.

God is a person, not a concept, or a formula, or an algorithm. A person, as such, He is distinct, not interchangeable with others. But I do agree that you and Syrian Jihadists worship the same person.

You will say you worship no one, but we both know that is untrue.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Fixations hey.....We all have them...Though sometimes we probably don't realise it's a fixation.

I might think that you have one, and you will probably think that I have one.....Such is ongoing.

And Jesus thought that he was a GOD....Now that's one heck of a fixation. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Jesus didn't just "think" He was God. He IS God. As His resurrection attests. But notice that 2,000 years later, Jesus isn't on Amy Z-man forum yakking about you.

Hmm? We all have fixations, true. But some fixations are much less healthy than others.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Nope. Jesus is dead.

And you said that he said....So we only have one persons word for it........Would be thrown out of court.....Lack of evidence.

Jesus who?....On your donkey buster.

Blimey must go.

Looking forward to your response tomorrow.....Maybe Mr J, might get in touch.....Miracles happen don't they?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Nope. Jesus is dead.
History is littered with the dweebs who thought this.

He is alive Z-man. Alive and in charge.

Maybe Mr J, might get in touch.....Miracles happen don't they?
It wouldn't be a miracle, it would just be a kept promise.

16 days later

Jasmine
Jasmine
I rather let them stave, because I could never murder someone.