XMAS 2020 Mafia - Day Phase 1

Author: Danielle

Read-only
Total: 524
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Im struggling to decide whether I feel like bullish thinks his line of investigatitve questioning is contrived to look pro town, or if he actually is town and thinking he's got leads with piss poor reasoning. Hmm..
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Bullish
That1 is sus for bring up jester. Bringing up 3rd parties is a classic scum tell.
Is this a joke? If not explain please.

whiteflame's words sound very sus
Based on him answering supa's already answered question in regards to my initial game comments? Or some other reason you are not wanting to get into for some reason? Generally if you scum read someone, it's followed up by an explanation of why you scum read them, or at the very least explaining it as a gut tell.

did u end up getting food with Mikal or nah / would ur wife approve
Didn't you just vote pie for fluff posting?

Why would u ask if speed softclaimed? If he wanted town to know he softclaimed he'd tell us. Otherwise you're either 1) letting mafia know Speed softclaimed, or 2) ur sucm trying to fish for a claim with no pressure.
Alternatively, wouldn't scum have more of an incentive to be quiet about having picked up on a soft claim so as not to alert protective roles if they sought to eliminate said power role? Shouldn't this read as more town?

Bullish feels pretty contrived to me atm.

vtl bullish.
Lunatic
Lunatic
If whiteflame was publicly guessing at speeds role tried saying that he thought he was a power role or soemthing, that would be different. This was more theoretical discussion in defense of speed not being a christmas character in the off chance he was joking. I don't see an incentive for mafia to get rid of a potential mislynch by defending someone.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@WaterPhoenix
the links link to profiles
Aggggg you're right but my point still stands
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
Bullish feels pretty contrived to me atm.
I agree on this
Lunatic
Lunatic
I struggle with bullish because in south park mafia i remember him leading this wild goose chase of a lyn h on drafter based on a behavior from a game of his from years ago on DDO. Bullish was extremely cocky and confident leading that lynch. Similarly in live mafia he tends to get on some lynch trains with pretty insubstantial logic, and he tends to tunnel it and not listen to reason.

He will be hard to read on this one for sure due to bad logic, however the perception of being an open minded investigator here doesn't follow his town meta in live mafia of sticking to one thing and tunneling it so I am actually pretty sus of bullish here.

LikeMagic
Debates: 0
LikeMagic
-->
@Lunatic
Upon double checking, it seems you claimed it in your second post. I was under the impression for some reason it was 3 or 4 posts in, so I will drop that particular point.
cool. 
LikeMagic
LikeMagic
My reads so far:

TOWN
  • oromagi
LEANING TOWN
  • Luna
NULL
  • Supa
  • Pie
FOS
  • whiteflame / bullish
  • WaterPhoenix / Speedrace
  • drafterman 
  • that1user 

LikeMagic
LikeMagic
-->
@Lunatic
I struggle with bullish because in south park mafia i remember him leading this wild goose chase of a lyn h on drafter based on a behavior from a game of his from years ago on DDO. Bullish was extremely cocky and confident leading that lynch. Similarly in live mafia he tends to get on some lynch trains with pretty insubstantial logic, and he tends to tunnel it and not listen to reason.

He will be hard to read on this one for sure due to bad logic, however the perception of being an open minded investigator here doesn't follow his town meta in live mafia of sticking to one thing and tunneling it so I am actually pretty sus of bullish here.
I think one of Whiteflam or Bullish is likely scum, but not both. White because he's contributing regularly in a non-contributory way. It feels forced, like he's playing narrator without actually hunting scum. He echos obvious observations or statements and anything remotely novel he says he seems willing to backdown from immediately as almost a gut reaction to realizing he's drawn attention to himself. I have never played with White before, so this is based on no prior information. Conversely, if White is town, I think Bullish is scum because he jumped on White so fast and almost came across like he saw White as an easy target. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@LikeMagic
I think one of Whiteflam or Bullish is likely scum, but not both. White because he's contributing regularly in a non-contributory way. It feels forced, like he's playing narrator without actually hunting scum. He echos obvious observations or statements and anything remotely novel he says he seems willing to backdown from immediately as almost a gut reaction to realizing he's drawn attention to himself. I have never played with White before, so this is based on no prior information. Conversely, if White is town, I think Bullish is scum because he jumped on White so fast and almost came across like he saw White as an easy target. 
I would say your general analysis of whiteflame is correct, however he does play similarly in just about every game he has played in. Mikal was pretty frustrated trying to read him in MCU weapons mafia and pretty much highlighted what you said as the same reason. However whiteflame was town in that game. Whiteflame so far as I know, has only been scum in forum mafia once, in my The Stand mafia. I think behaviorally he played pretty similarly to this meta but was caught by scum results. He further implicated himself as scum by making a pretty crazy role claim of seer, which no townie would do. So that's the only way I know how to read whiteflame as scummy, is if he cracks easily under pressure like that. Though even then I doubt he would make that mistake again as scum.

I think as the game progresses there will be more things to read into his behavior. He can get aggressive as town when he thinks he is right, as evidenced in the last game (though not as aggressive as I would have liked, as he didn't really try to convince other townies so much as try to convince the person he was scum reading). If Whiteflame continues to play indecisively I will probably scum read him as well.
LikeMagic
LikeMagic
I have reason to suspect everyone, so it was a matter of whoever was getting pushed because, as I learned the hard way in a couple of the previous games, playing passively gets us nowhere and trying to push a lynch that no one's going to join doesn't accomplish anything. That being said, Speed would usually be my choice as well. Too much experience with him as scum.

I'm in perfect agreement. I think we have enough information, and that seeking more at this stage would be overzealous and could provide too much information to mafia. To some extent, I understand the efforts to push other people to act and respond to issues perceived in their analysis, but I would not seek another character or role claim, and thus,

What's your deal. First you want Supa's claim, and say you were willing to jump on any bandwagon to get more claims (though lots of claims were already out for scum to see). your defense of this tactic is "not playing passively?" Then when I push back on you a little more with that strategy you complete 180, are in "perfect agreement" and VTNL, the epitome of passivity.
Lunatic
Lunatic
caught by cop results*
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@whiteflame
@LikeMagic
What's your deal. First you want Supa's claim, and say you were willing to jump on any bandwagon to get more claims (though lots of claims were already out for scum to see). your defense of this tactic is "not playing passively?" Then when I push back on you a little more with that strategy you complete 180, are in "perfect agreement" and VTNL, the epitome of passivity.
Magic makes a good point here, I would like to see whiteflame respond here. 
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@Speedrace
Sounds like scum water not knowing how to play with an inno townie, because he played in MY game as town with an inno child and had 0 problems
yo speed just caught scum

UNVOTE

VTL Water
LikeMagic
LikeMagic
-->
@Lunatic
Right now White is my biggest scum read. I went back and reread his posts and he comes across like someone who is self-reflecting and second guessing how they appear from the outside. The two posts I highlighted above were posted within 40 minutes of each other and couldn't be more incongruous. He seems like he is trying very hard to not fall on anyone's radar. I don't like it. 
That1User
Debates: 12
That1User
-->
@LikeMagic
Conversely, if White is town, I think Bullish is scum because he jumped on White so fast and almost came across like he saw White as an easy target. 
Do you think the inverse is true, if Bullish is scum then White is town?
LikeMagic
LikeMagic
-->
@That1User
Do you think the inverse is true, if Bullish is scum then White is town?
Good question. I think no. The reasoning is not applicable in reverse. The interactions between Bullish and White were initiated almost entirely by Bullish. 

What are your reads? I think you've posted 3 times. 
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@LikeMagic
I agree with all of this except the part where I'm scum. Why wouldn't I jump on an easy target even as town? The objective of the game is to lynch.
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@Lunatic
or if he actually is town and thinking he's got leads with piss poor reasoning. Hmm..
It was like 100 posts into DP1, who's reads aren't piss poor?

I asked white some questions and found his response satisfactory.

If I'm gonna tunnel anyone now it's water.
LikeMagic
LikeMagic
-->
@Bullish
I am focused on White. I will either lynch him or VTNL. I think either speed or water is scum; I  do not have a  town read on speed yet. 
LikeMagic
LikeMagic
-->
@Bullish
That is not true. The objective of the game is to catch scum. The objective of scum is to mislynch and avoid being caught.
LikeMagic
LikeMagic
VTL WHITE
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@LikeMagic
That is not true. The objective of the game is to catch scum. The objective of scum is to mislynch and avoid being caught.
To paraphrase a player I respect, if I could lynch everyone I would. Because if I lynch everyone then I win.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Bullish
It was like 100 posts into DP1, who's reads aren't piss poor? I asked white some questions and found his response satisfactory. If I'm gonna tunnel anyone now it's water.
I didn't say reads, I said leads. On page 5 you come off as trying to hard to sell yourself as a master investigator, with little to no follow through. The statements about that1 theorizing about 3rd parties meaning she is scummy, without substantiating it or clarifying whether it was a joke. If that1 mentioning a 3rd means she is scum, why water over her?

Bullish
Bullish
-->
@LikeMagic
If you think Water has a solid chance of being scum then I'd much rather lynch water. Speed just caught a very good scumslip.
That1User
Debates: 12
That1User
-->
@Lunatic
@LikeMagic
I personally think we potentially have a TP Whiteflame with us, he acted really erratically, jumping all over the place (ie refusing to claim) as mime with Danielle in Paranoia mafia, a game they both won in

Bullish
Bullish
-->
@Lunatic
come off as trying to hard to sell yourself as a master investigator
That's some big bs
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Bullish
That1 is sus for bring up jester. Bringing up 3rd parties is a classic scum tell. 
You haven’t played with That1 enough lol
Danielle
Danielle
Vote Count

SupaDudz (oromagi) --1/7 votes 
Water (Pie, Speed, Bullish) -- 3/7 votes 
No Lynch (that1user, whiteflame) -- 2/7 votes 
Bullish (Lunatic)  -- 1/7 votes
whiteflame (LikeMagic) -- 1/7 votes 

ILikePie5
Debates: 2