Author: Danielle

Read-only
Total: 524
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@WaterPhoenix
i mean, we already have an anti town role (innocent child) the chances of having a 3rd party right now aren't as low as the chances of having a two anti town roles.
I think you need to get sober my friend 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WaterPhoenix
can you character claim, i want some more information before going any further with my theory.
I highly disagree. We don’t need to be giving mafia any ideas for fake claims. 
Bullish
Debates: 0
Bullish
-->
@Lunatic
The statements about that1 theorizing about 3rd parties meaning she is scummy, without substantiating it or clarifying whether it was a joke
How do you not know about this, hunting for 3rd parties is classic classic scum tell that goes all the way back.

When you're scum and you can't fake a scum read on town and you don't want to scum read a buddy, you try to hunt for TPs because it looks genuine.

Last friday's Star Wars mafia I was harping on Airmax for his PGO + Jango fett claim the whole game as probably TP. And guess what I was scum that game.

And look, JUST as I make this post that1 is talking about TPs again!
LikeMagic
LikeMagic
-->
@Lunatic
@Bullish
You both need to focus. It is in fact possible that all three of them are scum. Do not clutter the DP with a flamewar. You're both big brain and if you're both town, then we are going to win this game. I think the scummiest player behaviorally is White and his lynch gives us info on Bullish's affiliation. Let's lynch white. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@LikeMagic
why would you want a third claim? Unless you have reason to suspect Supa, giving more info to scum is not helpful. Speed would be my only exception in this regard. ;-)
Is he going after character claims just like last game🤦‍♂️. Literally didn’t help us one bit
That1User
Debates: 12
That1User
Ooo spooky I must be the NIghtmare Before Christmas!

I think the meta's changed, jester/mimes TP team is something we've seen recently and can win the game as they have before, I'm not afraid to use them to make scum lose though
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@WaterPhoenix
I want water to explain his lying ass self, and when I am not satisfied with his explanation I want him to full claim.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
but you pre-empting the argument that danielle had to have randomized gives credence to the theory that you pre-empted the argument.
Danielle said roles were randomized in OP
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Didn't you just vote pie for fluff posting?
+1 lol. Didn’t even let me talk about my books
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@LikeMagic
I really don't get this. What part of my behavior is unclear? In no previous game have I ever sought to lynch someone in DP1. That was a given in this game as well. The only thing I wanted out of this DP was information. I pushed for it and got it, so I felt no need to continue putting on pressure and try to get a lynch off. It was never my aim to pursue a lynch, and as you said and I agreed, I don't want to reveal so many roles that we end up giving mafia way too much information to work with. If you somehow see that as inconsistent, then you're welcome to rally others around the cause and push for me to claim. You were the one who said that it was dangerous to give them too much information this early, but hey, don't let me stop you from being inconsistent yourself. 
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@Lunatic
Didn't you just vote pie for fluff posting?
That wasn't fluff posting btw, that was creating a comparison between how whiteflame responds to awkward everyday situations vs how he response to awkward in game situations. I've used the same strat in live mafia, some of you may remember my line of questioning toward NothingSpecial.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@LikeMagic
I think one of Whiteflam or Bullish is likely scum, but not both. White because he's contributing regularly in a non-contributory way. It feels forced, like he's playing narrator without actually hunting scum. He echos obvious observations or statements and anything remotely novel he says he seems willing to backdown from immediately as almost a gut reaction to realizing he's drawn attention to himself. I have never played with White before, so this is based on no prior information.
You’re in the ballpark of his regular meta. His only game as scum was when he was the Lone Wolf in MCU I think.

Conversely, if White is town, I think Bullish is scum because he jumped on White so fast and almost came across like he saw White as an easy target. 
When did Bullish jump on Whiteflame? 
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Bullish
How do you not know about this, hunting for 3rd parties is classic classic scum tell that goes all the way back. When you're scum and you can't fake a scum read on town and you don't want to scum read a buddy, you try to hunt for TPs because it looks genuine.
I've never heard of this as a classic scum tell before. I definitely don't see it as an SOP thing either, townies have reason to be paranoid of third parties as well. Hell, we've had two very recent 3rd party wins between drafters game and pie's game. Also it's early DP1, scum have no reason not to be able to mislynch anyone but the innocent townie...

Last friday's Star Wars mafia I was harping on Airmax for his PGO + Jango fett claim the whole game as probably TP. And guess what I was scum that game.
I was town that game, and I am pretty sure I was the first person to mention that airmax was probably 3rd party that game. So moot point.

That kind of hurts your point more though.

1. If you are publiclly discussing that hunting 3rd parties is a scum tell, and she continues to hunt for 3rd parties, she's obviously not worried about being scum read, which indicates that is more likely a genuine town sticking with her reads.

2. Again if this is such a scum tell why aren't you pushing her harder for it and focusing on water?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@LikeMagic
You both need to focus. It is in fact possible that all three of them are scum. Do not clutter the DP with a flamewar. You're both big brain and if you're both town, then we are going to win this game. I think the scummiest player behaviorally is White and his lynch gives us info on Bullish's affiliation. Let's lynch white. 
I am focused, my bigger scum read is on bullish atm, so I want to her his answers. If they end up being satisfactory I will change the subject to someone else. I'd like to hear white's response, I don't think the hypocrisy argument was big enough to justify his lynch yet. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@That1User
Ooo spooky I must be the NIghtmare Before Christmas!
Is this a soft claim? If not I really don't get the reference here.
LikeMagic
LikeMagic
-->
@whiteflame
I really don't get this. What part of my behavior is unclear? In no previous game have I ever sought to lynch someone in DP1. That was a given in this game as well.
I said your behavior IS clear, not that it isn't. It is clearly scummy. 

The only thing I wanted out of this DP was information. I pushed for it and got it, so I felt no need to continue putting on pressure and try to get a lynch off. It was never my aim to pursue a lynch, and as you said and I agreed, I don't want to reveal so many roles that we end up giving mafia way too much information to work with. If you somehow see that as inconsistent, then you're welcome to rally others around the cause
I have cited the inconsistencies and how you are behaviorally playing as someone scared to fall on anyone's radar, even when you fall on it non-threateningly

and push for me to claim.
Scum has come unknown amount of fake character and role claims, so this would not help me sort your affiliation. Behavior seems to be the best way in this game. And as articulated, your behavior is of an overly introspective scum
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Bullish
i think i've done a decent job of explaining myself over the past few pages. i don't think i've lied once yet. also, please answer why you think this:
That1 is sus for bring up jester. Bringing up 3rd parties is a classic scum tell.

LikeMagic
LikeMagic
-->
@Lunatic
*eye roll*
LikeMagic
LikeMagic
I agree with Bullish that bringing up TP's can be a scum tactic. Essentially, bringing up any baseless game mechanic is a scum strategy for distracting the town and throwing suspicion on a townie that otherwise appears town (because they are genuinely hunting scum). I cannot believe we are spending this much time on this comment, which is commenting on a scum tactic I have seen used in something like 70% or more of games I have played. 
That1User
That1User
-->
@Lunatic
2. Again if this is such a scum tell why aren't you pushing her harder for it and focusing on water?
Looks like Bullish is doing a scattershot approach, going after me, you, and Water all at once, erratic af. If Bullish is scum then we have a valueable scum catch

Unvote
VTL Bullish
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@LikeMagic
*eye roll*
I mean you are doing the same thing with whiteflame. His answer seems satisfactory to me, but you don't think so. You have a different lead then me, sorry. We all see the game through a different lens sometimes common ground between townies is rare until it's crunchtime and a phase is ending. 
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@Lunatic
I've never heard of this as a classic scum tell before. I definitely don't see it as an SOP thing either, townies have reason to be paranoid of third parties as well. Hell, we've had two very recent 3rd party wins between drafters game and pie's game.
Yes town CAN hunt for TP but as I just explained scum have more incentive to. I pushed airmax as TP harder than anyone else. Scumtells don't have to pin someone as scum to be useful. This is also why I'm pushing Water cause his scum slip is a lot more serious.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@LikeMagic
So, my behavior somehow only makes sense if I'm mafia? 

Please, feel free to go back and read any of the previous games I've played on the site, or ask anyone here who has been in games with me before. You'll find that their experience has been pretty similar to this one: I don't tend to get too involved in DP1, and where I do, I tend to follow others' leads. My behavior, and again you can ask anyone this, is ALWAYS introspective. I'm rather self-conscious about my playstyle regardless of the game I'm in, so thank you for pointing that out. Really appreciate leaning on that insecurity.

And great, so you'd rather lynch me on the basis of a behavioral tell that a majority of the people here could tell you is entirely normal for me than seek a claim. Guess you know best, despite not being able to convince anyone else that your behavioral tell is anything different than my normal. You talk about other people wasting time, but this is just absurd.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@LikeMagic
I agree with Bullish that bringing up TP's can be a scum tactic. Essentially, bringing up any baseless game mechanic is a scum strategy for distracting the town and throwing suspicion on a townie that otherwise appears town (because they are genuinely hunting scum). I cannot believe we are spending this much time on this comment, which is commenting on a scum tactic I have seen used in something like 70% or more of games I have played. 
I somehow doubt this 70% statistic you probably pulled out of your @ss is true. That said, I am not saying that it can't be a scum tell for some, but assuming townies have no incentive to be wary of third parties, is why we had 2 very recent third party wins. I can understand someone being wary in light of that. Also the crux of his argument is that it's used when you can't find a good reason to push a mislynch on someone who reads town, and this is early dp1. This is probably the best point for scum to push a mislynch on just about anyone that's not oro.
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@WaterPhoenix
i think i've done a decent job of explaining myself
Are you joking, you have literally not explained yourself.

Why is your play with an IC totally different this game, and why did you lie about "no one mentioned supa being innocent child last game", despite speed allegedly having FIVE posts where supa being IC was directly mentioned to you.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@That1User
Looks like Bullish is doing a scattershot approach, going after me, you, and Water all at once, erratic af. If Bullish is scum then we have a valueable scum catch
To be fair, bullish didn't go after me, just responded to my FOS on him. Also can you answer about whether or not you were soft claiming a nightmare before christmas?
LikeMagic
LikeMagic
-->
@Lunatic
Your basis for suspecting Bullish is silly. Do you know how many games i have been in where scum said, in response to a valid role claim of an otherwise non suspicious townie, "oh but could be X twist to the role, or could be TP, or could be totally random game mechanic," just to undermine the townread in hopes of a mislynch. So someone randomly without basis saying could be TP is something that should be looked at suspiciously. You and Bullish are just two  big personalities, whom by your nature feel the need to define yourselves as in opposition to the other. So you're just doing scum a favor (ignoring scummy behavior) and cluttering the DP with your battle while distracting from legitimate leads. I am rarely confident in my reads, I am confident in this one, and I am going to continue to put all my cards out with my reads, since I will be killed early and you will have my reads as a townie as my only contribution after my death. 
Danielle
Danielle
Vote Count

SupaDudz (oromagi) --1/7 votes 
Water (Pie, Speed, Bullish) -- 3/7 votes 
No Lynch (whiteflame) -- 1/7 votes 
Bullish (Lunatic, that1user)  -- 2/7 votes
whiteflame (LikeMagic) -- 1/7 votes

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Bullish
Yes town CAN hunt for TP but as I just explained scum have more incentive to. I pushed airmax as TP harder than anyone else. Scumtells don't have to pin someone as scum to be useful. This is also why I'm pushing Water cause his scum slip is a lot more serious.
I don't agree that scum have more incentive to hunt for 3rd parties at all. I've refuted your points as to why. As scum in the star wars game, you were pushing for the easiest mislynch target because you don't know what roles town does or doesn't have. Mafia will tend to jump on a scummy claim to push a mislynch, but it could have just as easily been town for all you knew at the time.
That1User
That1User
-->
@LikeMagic
Essentially, bringing up any baseless game mechanic is a scum strategy for distracting the town and throwing suspicion on a townie that otherwise appears town (because they are genuinely hunting scum).
It's not baseless, there are indicators that you and WF are potentially TP (mimes), WF's mime behavior aligns with his current behavior, pushing for your own lynch is also a good mime tactic, you yourself said you wouldn't discount any twists in this Danielle game, both Danielle and WF were mimes and won together so it could be a nod to that. You also said WF is not helping by being indecisive, this makes sense if you're talking about yourself though