Author: fauxlaw

Total: 69
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@fauxlaw
My topic is Biden. Trump is off topic.

IIRC you were the one who brought up Trump. See for yourself https://ibb.co/album/jydCTw

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
You are all missing the point
Biden has a well advertised speech impediment which he owns fairly honestly.  Like all stutterers, Biden is going to stumble  in public speech.  If you're going to go after Biden for this impediment, you will run the risk of looking  like you are exploiting his disability for political advantage. 

My point in quoting Trump is that you would never hold Trump to the high standard you apply to Biden. 

If Trump said "one horse pony" instead of "one trick pony" it would be a good news story at the White House because at least it wasn't a lie, or an unwarranted attack, or a felony.  Certainly, we know that nobody worries about Trump fucking up a few words because he's already fucking up American lives on an epic, unprecedented scale and to worry about misspeaking one word seems like petty bullshit.  This smacks of the same sort of two-facedness as Rubio complaining about being called a motherfucker generically when he was the guy who tried to disqualify Trump on the basis of cocksize in the final 2016 presidential debate.   Why do standards only apply to Democratic administrations?

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Death23
Sorry, your iirc is incorrect. Where in my post #1, or #3, do I mention "Trump?" My first mention of "Trump" is in my #9, after drafterman and HistoryBuff have already misguided the string by mention of him. 
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@fauxlaw
Sorry, your iirc is incorrect.
I see. I didn’t read drafterman’s reply to your post. I only read your reply to mine. I said nothing about Trump before you did. Now after you mention Trump for comparative purposes, Oromagi then posts many times when Trump either lied or misspoke. It is relevant to the conversation. It is not changing the subject because the subject was already changed by the time he got here, and you seemed to go along with it until now. A little late to raise the objection.
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@oromagi
So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it's ultraviolet or just a very powerful light — and I think you said that hasn't been checked because of the testing, and then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're going to test that, too.  I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning?  As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."

I think this is what he was talking about 

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Sum1hugme
I think this is what he was talking about 
Welcome to the power of the media
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Stuttering doesn’t lead to misspeaking. My brother has a stutter and he’s never said anything remotely close to what Joe has said. My childhood friend also has a stutter and he hasn’t done that either.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@fauxlaw
You didn't answer the question. Did Biden misspeak or not?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Stuttering doesn’t lead to misspeaking. My brother has a stutter and he’s never said anything remotely close to what Joe has said. My childhood friend also has a stutter and he hasn’t done that either.

If you are properly woke, you can pass any indiscretion off as being oppressed by something.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Death23
In reply to your #23, you imply that someone cannot intentionally misspeak. Biden does frequently. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Death23
To your #34, the string changed in post #2, before either you or oromagi entered the string. Unfortunately, using a second person to excuse a first only says that others may misspeak, or intentionally lie, but that does not succeed in negating the incident of the first person's tongue-tied condition, does it?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@drafterman
You didn't answer the question. Did Biden misspeak or not?
Nor have you answered my question, raised in my #1. Yours in just #2. So, answer my question first. How many horses does a pony need? Biden seems very concerned about that, and Trump has naught to do with it. The question to Biden by peter Doocy had naught to do with Trump. So, try to leave Trump out of it.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@fauxlaw
Biden's an idiot.

What's your point?
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@fauxlaw
I don't know the answer to the question because it's nonsensical.

So, I answer your question, now answer mine.

Did Biden misspeak or not?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@3RU7AL
As you said. I've no argument with that.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@drafterman
You don't know? Your answer is not satisfactory. You seem to be convinced Biden misspeaks. You've answered you own question to your satisfaction. You will dismiss any other answer as I have dismissed yours.
By the way, the answer, of course, is two. Failed anatomy? 
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@fauxlaw
You don't know? Your answer is not satisfactory. You seem to be convinced Biden misspeaks.
You're not?

You've answered you own question to your satisfaction. You will dismiss any other answer as I have dismissed yours.
By the way, the answer, of course, is two. Failed anatomy? 
I haven't dismissed anything. I just want to know if you believe Biden misspeaks.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@drafterman
No, I am not convinced Joe Biden merely misspeaks. He utters these gems with such frequency, I believe he has them fully formed in his head, and utters them with the skill of a mimic, like a parrot, which has no comprehension of what is said, but can say it with perfection of lunacy.

I give you, as evidence, the multiple utterance of the word string, "I am running for U.S. Senate." Said once, that's a misspeak. Said multiple times, that's a lunatic who does not know the office for which he runs. Another: multiple reference to "the Harris administration." Though not repeated, he manages to confuse his wife with his sister. Makes for interesting sleeping arrangements, don't you think? I'm sorry, but your candidate is a lunatic.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@fauxlaw
Ok, I didn’t say anything about “merely” misspeaks, just misspeaks, no qualifier. Do you think he misspeaks? As a reminder, misspeaking is when you say one thing but mean another. Does Biden do this?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@drafterman
I repeat: "No, I am not convinced Joe Biden... misspeaks. He utters these gems with such frequency, I believe he has them fully formed in his head, and utters them with the skill of a mimic, like a parrot, which has no comprehension of what is said, but can say it with perfection of lunacy."

Or, for the uninitiated: NO. JOE BIDEN DOES NOT MISSPEAK. IT IS INTENTIONAL
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@fauxlaw
If it's not misspeaking, then what makes it a gem. When you say "Joe Biden did it again" what "again" are you talking about?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@drafterman
It is saying something he believes is perfectly rational that absolutely is not, such as "I'm running for US Senate" when a presidential candidate, reference to "the Harris administration" when he's te presidential candidate, "I will beat Joe Biden" when he is not running against Joe Biden, or, in the media's apology for "beating," he is to have said "I will be Joe Biden," which is a worse statement, because if he wasn't Joe Biden when that was said, who was he? Or confusing his wife with his sister. or talking about kids rubbing his hairy legs. Or..., or...., or....
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@fauxlaw
It is saying something he believes is perfectly rational that absolutely is not, such as "I'm running for US Senate" when a presidential candidate, reference to "the Harris administration" when he's te presidential candidate, "I will beat Joe Biden" when he is not running against Joe Biden, or, in the media's apology for "beating," he is to have said "I will be Joe Biden," which is a worse statement, because if he wasn't Joe Biden when that was said, who was he? Or confusing his wife with his sister. or talking about kids rubbing his hairy legs. Or..., or...., or....
But if he thinks it's perfectly rational but it's not, then what he is saying something other than he intends which is misspeaking. You've clearly said he isn't misspeaking, so you can't go down that route. Either he believes it is irrational and is saying it anyway, or he believes it's rational and it is. Which is it?

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
Lol!

Putting Trump off topic makes the TDS sufferers have nothing to say.

I'd love to do a test one day to see if there is any topic the TDS sufferers cannot turn to Trump.
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@fauxlaw
The next four years will be, if anything, entertaining. All I need say is, "Joe did it again," and y'all will know what I'm taking about.

In reply to a question to Joe Biden posed by Peter Doocy, Joe replied 'You're a one-horse pony."

Will one of you more familiar with Joe's euphemisms please tell me how many horses ponies are supposed to have, since Joe's reply was clearly an insult? While you're at it, tell me what face a lying pony soldier should have. And, tell me why Joe is fixated on horses, because his commentary certainly compares to what comes from their backends. Is it that they're hairy?
Obviously he is referring to monogamous ponies in interracial equine relationships.

Where the pony says things like "You're the only horse for me, darling. I'm a one-horse pony."

Obviously.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@drafterman
To Biden, it is rational, therefore, not a misspeak. To me, it is irrational, but intentional
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@ethang5
I'd love to do a test one day to see if there is any topic the TDS sufferers cannot turn to Trump.
I'd say their five year track record [since 2015] says they cannot avoid it. trump has their button, and pushes indiscriminately. In that regard, Trump says "Jump;" they don't even ask; they just do it. Like over a cliff.
Well, that's consistent, anyway. The human extinction line starts over there, on the left.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Castin
Congrats. The only post [other than mine] with an answer to the original question. I don't entirely agree, but, it's still an original answer. Well done.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Castin
Obviously he is referring to monogamous ponies in interracial equine relationships.

Where the pony says things like "You're the only horse for me, darling. I'm a one-horse pony."

Obviously.
Well stated.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@drafterman
But if he thinks it's perfectly rational but it's not, then what he is saying something other than he intends which is misspeaking.
sO, what you're saying is, "every religious person is just misspeaking"?