Well, looks like DebateArt will be over-run by left wing censorship.

Author: triangle.128k

Total: 153
triangle.128k
Debates: 0
triangle.128k
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
this but unironically
Unbannable
Unbannable
-->
@bsh1
get REKT, faggot!
Unbannable
Unbannable
Petition to coup bsh1

- triangle.128k
- spacetime
- timespace
- Bsh1isaFaggot
- The_Multi_King
- Unbannable

thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
I feel kind of bad that everyone is bullying bsh bc he’s a nice guy. He’s just way too rule obsessed. As far as I’m concerned he got sufficiently owned by the Virgin vs chad meme that he’s square again 

I hope bsh studies Airmax’s moderation style and takes it to heart. It wasn’t perfect obviously but he was relatively lenient and because the user base was so small he judged things on a case by case issue. DDO was great BECAUSE it was so rough and tumble, especially towards the beginning. This is a different site but it’s basically the spiritual successor to DDO with the same user base so trying to stamp out the aggressive arguing/trolling culture is a recipe for disaster. There’s nothing wrong with an occasional insult during a heated debate, and even less so when it’s banter among friends 
thett3
thett3
Idk if the issue will ever be resolved with a leftist moderation team though (Airmax being the most committed and biggest brained centrist of all time) 

leftists in genera have really, really terrible views on free speech. The word “tranny” doesn’t dehumanize anyone. It’s a word. That’s it. It only has the power that you give it 

when did tranny become the new n word btw, I didn’t even know it was considered offensive 
Romanii
Romanii
I feel kind of bad that everyone is bullying bsh bc he’s a nice guy. He’s just way too rule obsessed. As far as I’m concerned he got sufficiently owned by the Virgin vs chad meme that he’s square again 
He isn't a nice guy. He's an arrogant jackass -- he's only a "nice guy" to people who never disagree with him, e.g. Tejretics, Hayd, 2014 Romanii.

I hope bsh studies Airmax’s moderation style and takes it to heart. It wasn’t perfect obviously but he was relatively lenient and because the user base was so small he judged things on a case by case issue. DDO was great BECAUSE it was so rough and tumble, especially towards the beginning. This is a different site but it’s basically the spiritual successor to DDO with the same user base so trying to stamp out the aggressive arguing/trolling culture is a recipe for disaster. There’s nothing wrong with an occasional insult during a heated debate, and even less so when it’s banter among friends 
Prediction: he won't take any of what you said to heart. He will keep doing the same shit, over and over again, because that's just who he is.
Romanii
Romanii
Petition to coup bsh1

- triangle.128k
- spacetime
- timespace
- Bsh1isaFaggot
- The_Multi_King
- Unbannable
- Romanii

Romanii
Romanii
-->
@bsh1
You're gonna hafta IP ban me, buddy.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@thett3
Yeah I mean I don't hate bsh but its ridiculous to ban people for saying things like 'tranny'. Or even really 'faggot'. 'Nigger' has a history in the US tied to slavery, so yeah that has some deep historical baggage behind it. But faggot originated to make fun of sissy men for doing old woman work and 'tranny' is literally a truncated version of the word 'transexual'. The 'bad words' are becoming more and more absurd.
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
The words are prohibited because of how they are often used: as deeply offensive tools to dehumanize and mock whole swathes of people. These are just a few words, representing a minuscule fraction of words in the language, and they are fairly clearly understood. It's not like it's some kind of ambiguous group that I am just arbitrarily defining. I can't agree that it's absurd to ban their use.
Castin
Castin
Should I feel bad that I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.
BezosFuturist
BezosFuturist
Petition to coup bsh1

- triangle.128k
- spacetime
- timespace
- Bsh1isaFaggot
- The_Multi_King
- Unbannable
- Romanii

-BezosFuturist

thett3
thett3
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
they just want to feel oppressed by meming tranny into their own version of the n word, but it just doesnt work. Lame that you can get banned for it 
thett3
thett3
Btw bezosfuturist wasn’t a space time multi so he shouldn’t have been banned 
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@thett3
Whoops! Fixed.

@Bezos - my apologies. 
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@bsh1
what does 'dehumanize' even mean in this context? Someone can be both a human and a sissy and/or tranny. I can see 'nigger' maybe because it was historically used in the US to mark people as property, which is dehumanizing (it's a very strong word). But being a sissy/having gender dysphoria doesn't rob you of your humanity, it's just a small negative character trait. Everyone has a few of those. The word is being reflexively applied to situations that just aren't as serious as the original case. The only case in which it could be perceived as 'dehumanizing' is if you turn dysphoria/sexuality into your whole personality, in which case criticisms of those attributes are construed as an attack on the self. But that's on the people who have developed an unhealthy fixation on one aspect of their personality, not people who are just using words. If I started calling stamp collectors 'stampies' and mocking them for having no life, only a nutjob would consider that 'dehumanizing' because our society is still capable of realizing that treating that as the center of your humanity is just nuts. Unfortunately, we've passed that point when it comes to who you fuck and what you want to hang between your legs.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
what does 'dehumanize' even mean in this context?

The words have evolved beyond their historical roots. They have taken on more a meaning of the n-word towards those particular groups. I think that's sufficient grounds to preclude their use.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@bsh1
In regards to the regular ole users spreading PM's of others i'm a bit ambivalent. I don't think one should befriend someone than stab them in the back by spreading private stuff they got in confidence. So... i'm with you there. Other than that it wouldn't be a problem anyways. Mods should be held to a different standard which you are saying they are... that's a good thing. But to expect someone to give you a heads up once you've done something to offend them is a little too much. Think about it... he's super mad you did that, but you want him to say "hello, i'm going to share this now." That just sounds unrealistic to me. You shouldn't say anything that would embarrass you anyways. If you are afraid of them sharing your PM, it just sounds like to me you have something to hide. That is why i found it to be a weird request.

In regards to your just giving him a heads up. You should know that you are a mod. You can punish people on this site for what they write. If you would have sent me that message, i would have thought it's serious even if it's not. That's the effect you have, it's your position. I don't want to tell you how to do your job, but i urge you to warn people when it is serious... when you don't, it looks like you''re flexing your muscles and power. Unless of course the user is your friend and you just want to give him/her a heads up. But in this case it doesn't look like you two are on the level of friendship. Anything you say comes off as a warning even if you say it isn't. You are the mod of this site that has the power to have people banned. In my humble opinion, you didn't use that responsibly in specific regard that you don't seem to understand how others view your position on this site. It was insensitive ironically, since you may have thought you are doing him a favor... that's just not how it works.  

bsh1
bsh1
But to expect someone to give you a heads up once you've done something to offend them is a little too much...You shouldn't say anything that would embarrass you anyways.
The purpose of the rule to require notice is not to avoid my own embarrassment. As I said to Death earlier in this thread, "The purpose is to give a moderator time to marshal a response (which the user may also do themselves) or to preempt the disclosure ONLY in the event that such a disclosure would jeopardize the safety or privacy rights of another user." Additionally, if users can't control their anger enough to tell me in advance, that is, as far as I am concerned, on them.

In regards to your just giving him a heads up. You should know that you are a mod. You can punish people on this site for what they write. If you would have sent me that message, i would have thought it's serious even if it's not. That's the effect you have, it's your position. I don't want to tell you how to do your job, but i urge you to warn people when it is serious
By indicating that it wasn't an official warning, I believe I did just that. But, at the same time, I wanted the message to be taken seriously to the extent that if he continued down the trajectory of insulting classes of people, he would eventually violate the COC. I did also note several times already in this thread that I could be clearer about the purpose of such messages moving forward, however.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@bsh1
Wow didn't know that trans people were being bred like farm animals, sold to pay off debts, beaten, illiterate, and living in inescapable squalor instead of, you know, pampered enough to spend thousands on mercedes medical transition plans. Or they're just societally priveleged enough to have taxpayers pay for it, while the working poor die like flies in the twilight years of an obscenely prosperous empire.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@bsh1
"The purpose is to give a moderator time to marshal a response
You shouldn't have to think of a response. You should have already done that before the warning. And now you are saying if someone is mad that they were treated unfairly it's on them... that's insensitive man.

By indicating that it wasn't an official warning, I believe I did just that. 
I can't believe you aren't getting my whole point... it isn't just that, it will never come across as just that. For you to even have thought that sentence needs a warning has me concerned at this point bc it really looks like it personally offended you which is why you thought to say something. This is a precedent you think is okay to set?
bsh1
bsh1
You shouldn't have to think of a response
I am saying that the moderator should have a chance to gather data from what may be an extensive conversation to present coherently in reply to the public post. Furthermore, that was not even the most important reason, which you passed over entirely. That reason was: "to preempt the disclosure ONLY in the event that such a disclosure would jeopardize the safety or privacy rights of another user."

And now you are saying if someone is mad that they were treated unfairly it's on them... that's insensitive man.
That's obviously not what I am saying. I am saying that users--and people in general--should be able to control their anger. Rage is not an excuse for misconduct. Period.

I can't believe you aren't getting my whole point... it isn't just that, it will never come across as just that. For you to even have thought that sentence needs a warning has me concerned at this point bc it really looks like it personally offended you which is why you thought to say something. This is a precedent you think is okay to set? 
I am getting your point. I don't think you're getting mine--in fact, you fundamentally misconstrued what I said regarding triangle. I was not warning triangle about that post, I was cautioning triangle to avoid making future posts like it which could naturally evolve into COC-violating hate speech. Moreover, no official warning was ever issued, precisely because I did not believe it necessary--as I have already said literally dozens of times. Have you read all my posts in this thread? I suggest you do, because I have answered most of your questions several times already, including this misconception you are continuing to hold on to despite my previous clarifications.

Castin
Castin
-->
@bsh1
go fuck yourself.
Dude, trust me, I already do--it's called a vibrator. Y'all straight men should try them sometime; they're hella fun.
Are you kidding me? A troll gets Fun Bish but all the rest of us get is Robot Bish? Rule Reciting Bish? Articulate But Boring Bish? Only Says Safe Things Bish? I actually follow the rules and all I see is your annoyingly unfaltering Vulcan impression, but oh, of course, someone comes in and trolls for four pages and suddenly you're cracking wise about gay vibrators. This is bullsh*t.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Castin
It's pon farr and the lube is flowing...I couldn't keep myself clenched up anymore...It just slipped out of me, ya' know?
Castin
Castin
-->
@bsh1
Exactly how many times do I have to tell you to go f*ck yourself to trigger the Robot Bish to Fun Bish metamorphosis? One? Two? Ten? Thirty? Is it thirty go-f*ck-yourselfs, bish? I can even form a choir of eager volunteers and we can sing it in a round, with harmony. Like whatever gets that lube flowing.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
LGBT people have always dealt with violence and persecution, and continue to deal with hate crimes today around the world, including in the US.

Amnesty International estimates that 5,000 gays and lesbians have been executed there since the 1979 Iranian revolution.
Nor has any action been taken to shut down groups that openly go after LGBT people, such as Occupy Pedophilia, a national network of Russians who torture gay men, and then post hugely popular videos of their acts online.
In Baghdad and the middle of Iraq the violence is actually more visible from groups supported by the government, who do killing campaigns. The latest one was in January – we knew several people who were killed but there were rumours there was a list of 100 names
The country threatens 14 year prison sentences for homosexual acts, and under a law passed in 2013, any Nigerian who belongs to a gay organisation can also be liable for a 10 year jail term. These laws, along with Sharia law in Muslim areas of the country mean it’s not safe to publicly identify as LGBT in many parts of Nigeria.
Beginning in 1933, gay organizations were banned, scholarly books about homosexuality, and sexuality in general...were burned, and homosexuals within the Nazi Party itself were murdered. The Gestapo compiled lists of homosexuals, who were compelled to sexually conform to the "German norm." Between 1933 and 1945, an estimated 100,000 men were arrested as homosexuals, of whom some 50,000 were officially sentenced. Most of these men served time in regular prisons, and an estimated 5,000 to 15,000 of those sentenced were incarcerated in Nazi concentration camps...scholar Rüdiger Lautmann believes that the death rate of homosexuals in concentration camps may have been as high as 60%.
More than 40 men have been arrested in Nigeria over the weekend for performing homosexual acts, police say.
Being physically harmed—whether by a sexual or romantic partner, a client of sex work, or a group of people on the street—is a risk many transgender people live with daily.
2,343 reported killings of trans and gender-diverse people in 69 countries worldwide between 2008 and 2016...The Inter-American Commission on Human Rights documented 770 killings and seriously violent attacks against LGBT persons between Jan. 1, 2013, and March 31, 2014, including 594 hate-related killings of LGBTI people in Brazil.
On June 12, 2016, Omar Mateen, a 29-year-old security guard, killed 49 people and wounded 53 others in a terrorist attack inside Pulse, a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, United States.
news broke of a wave of terrifying, state-sponsored violence in Chechnya against men perceived to be gay or bisexual. In scenes that would not have been out of place in Nazi Germany, innocent men were rounded up and removed to illegal detention centres. Men like Maxim Lapunov, who spent 12 days in a blood-soaked cell just because he is gay...Men like the pop singer Zelim Bakaev, who disappeared last August during the round-ups and has not been seen since. Prisoners were held in appalling conditions: starved, humiliated, beaten and subjected to extreme torture. Some who were rounded up did not get out alive. The authorities also outed many of the men to their families, directly inciting relatives to carry out honour killings against their sons, brothers and fathers. Ramzan Kadyrov, the Chechen leader, has both denied the existence of LGBT people in his country and said that gay people should move to Canada “to purify our blood”

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Castin
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? I'll never tell, but I've certainly got the juices flowing ;P
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Castin
In all sincerity, I've been reigning my lascivious self in a bit now that I am a mod. I want to be more professional and restrained, as becomes the position. That said, I don't mind loosening up a bit on occasion, and in certain situations. Besides, all that testosterone--Spacetime was clearly flirting with me.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@bsh1
So? Hysterical people used to burn herb women and midwives, that doesn't mean that it's 'dehumanizing' to make fun of someone for being a weird cat lady. I can find more regimes that murdered (and are murdering) people for being Catholic than you can find ones which murdered them for screwing other men, but it's not 'dehumanizing' for people to call me by silly names. Did fucked up things happen to Catholics? Yeah. But with the exceptions of some slaves under the Ottomans and in North Africa, (and some actions of the English in Ireland) people didn't treat us like livestock because we were Catholic. Dehumanizing is a powerful word because it's specific. It's not about telling you who you can stick your dick in or even trying to control you religious expression, its about telling you that 'you aren't human'. It's about ignoring your basic human instincts, like love for your offspring or the right to own anything that you create. Hence the name. If you say that someone is 'dehumanizing' a man by calling him a tranny or telling him to put on a pair of pants instead of a dress, then the word loses a bit of the raw power meant to describe specific, uniquely horrific acts like chattel slavery, large-scale extermination, crushing totalitarianism, or sadistic torture.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
The objections against my moderation come down to three things:
If you pretend to ignore me, drafter, and triangle.

1. You have an unhealthy tendency towards power. You are overly attracted to it and are too easily corrupted by it.

2. Our CoC means nothing with your moderation. You operate by whim, only after which you try to get the CoC to fit your whim. This site should not be bsh1art.com

3. The way the site has been structured allows you to abuse users at will and with no consequence.

4. The way the site has been structured makes an abusive mod less likely to stop abusing, and allows no solution to an abusive mod. As if such a thing could not exist.

5. It is OK that you are a leftist social justice warrior. But it is obvious you intend to impose your leftist views on the site. Who decided which words and behavior were "offensive"?

With all the power, absolutely no oversite, and not even the owner able to curb your power grab, why keep pretending? You hate Trump, and you hate anyone who likes him. You love homosexuality, and you hate anyone who doesn't love it.

You've been a poor oppressed gay guy all your life, but now you're gonna show them! You're going to make dartangeles the social justice utopia you dreamed of as a youth when mean old conservatives were oppressing you and all your leftist kin.

But never mind. The mod says it boils down to only 3 things. So it does. I feel safe.