Well, looks like DebateArt will be over-run by left wing censorship.

Author: triangle.128k

Total: 153
spacetime
Debates: 3
spacetime
-->
@bsh1
wtf you fucking dyke stop deleting my posts!!!

drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@thett3
lahz ay fare
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@thett3
No, you can't, and I don't think that's overbearing. Terms like that go beyond mere insult--they are extremely insulting and potentially dehumanizing. Restricting the use of a handful of words, less than 1/1000th of the English language, is not, IMO, unreasonable or overdemanding.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@spacetime
You mean this one?
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@spacetime
Until you provide notice, as required, posts from our PM will be deleted. You were so informed. Posts containing slurs and which are not aimed at me will also be deleted.
ResurgetExFavilla
Debates: 0
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@drafterman
he deleted this too lmao

spacetime
spacetime
-->
@bsh1
You're incredibly quick at deleting posts, I'll give you that much.
Castin
Castin
-->
@ethang5

It's times like this I breathe in the fresh air and think about how relieved I am that I'm not in leadership.
Oh, to be free once more...
Yet you keep slurping up to the mod of whatever site you find yourself, until you are "in" with him.

Sure you long to be free.
I really don't understand hunger for power. It's like hungering for a near constant headache. Yeah, be a moderator, who wouldn't want to deal with an unending symphony of:

"You're being too lax!"
"YOU'RE BEING TOO STRICT."
"You have power. That is suspicious. That is f*cking suspicious right there. Why don't I have power? WHAT IS YOUR GAME?"
"Why have you done nothing about those disgusting atrocities I did not report?"
"I just discovered your personal political leanings disagree with mine and will now interpret everything you do as if it's coming from Hitler."
"You're f*cking temp banning me for calling Member X a lying moron? BUT HE IS. I'm telling everyone you're anti-truth."
"I don't like Member Y. Why have you not kicked Member Y out? You're not doing your job."
"I can't tell the difference between explained prohibitions I disagree with and deliberate tyrannical oppression of my personal freedom."
"You are LITERALLY the Lidless Flaming Eye of Sauron. LITERALLY. Watching us from your evil tower, always watching, whispering to your One Ring, pulling your evil f*cking strings from Mordor so you can one day conquer all of Middle Earth and enslave the races of men, elves, dwarves, and hobbits! That's your plan isn't it. ISN'T IT?!!"

For the record I've been the "you're being too lax" one. Also whenever I'm confronted with authority there's a little voice in the back of my head that whispers pretty much everything in #3 (so, normal for an American).

It's also probably just random chance that I'm not guilty of #5. If bish had happened to be super conservative, I would have been uncomfortable just like right-wingers are now, whether I admitted it or not. That's just the truth and it's bullsh*t to deny it, imo. You can't really help it. This is someone who stands against your beliefs and is in power. That is unsettling. It also makes you much more prone to suspicion and conspiratorial thinking.
spacetime
spacetime
"i will be a fair mod and not be overbearing"

1 month later

> u can't say "tranny" guys

spacetime
spacetime
-->
@DebateArt.com
It is clear what must be done. Remove bsh1 as moderator.

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
I deleted it because it included an offensive slur, but, when Thett reposted it, I figured that it really ought to remain up insofar as it goes to moderation issues. I am on a hair-trigger in terms of those slurs due to the recurring use of them in this thread.

spacetime
spacetime
-->
@bsh1
I deleted it because it included an offensive slur, but, when Thett reposted it, I figured that it really ought to remain up insofar as it goes to moderation issues. I am on a hair-trigger in terms of those slurs due to the recurring use of them in this thread.

hahahaha. get real. you are on a hair-trigger in terms of everything. you are a bad mod. go fuck yourself.
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@bsh1
What is the purpose of imposing an advance notice requirement for posting the contents of moderation PM's?
bsh1
bsh1
The objections against my moderation come down to three things:

- that I cautioned a user against going down a road which could eventually lead to a COC violation
- that I deleted a mildly offensive, but non-COC-violating comment which was reported
- that I am enforcing--strictly--the COC's prohibition against hate speech in the form of slurs

Neither the first nor the last of these are in any way unreasonable; indeed, they are, in terms of the COC, prudent and required, respectively. I would do either of those things again, and will continue to do so. The middle action was a mistake which I admitted to. The hubbub over these is incredible, and is not proportional to what actually transpired.

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Death23
The purpose is to give a moderator time to marshal a response (which the user may also do themselves) or to preempt the disclosure ONLY in the event that such a disclosure would jeopardize the safety or privacy rights of another user.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@spacetime
go fuck yourself.
Dude, trust me, I already do--it's called a vibrator. Y'all straight men should try them sometime; they're hella fun.
triangle.128k
triangle.128k
Petition to coup bsh1

- triangle.128k

spacetime
spacetime
Petition to coup bsh1

- triangle.128k
- spacetime

spacetime
spacetime
Neither the first nor the last of these are in any way unreasonable; indeed, they are, in terms of the COC, prudent and required, respectively. I would do either of those things again, and will continue to do so.
Both are eminently unreasonable. Your code of conduct is fucking insane. 

The middle action was a mistake which I admitted to.
It's a mistake that reflects very poorly upon your judgment as a moderator.

The hubbub over these is incredible, and is not proportional to what actually transpired.
We're overreacting because you're a faggot.
bsh1
bsh1
Both are eminently unreasonable. Your code of conduct is fucking insane. 
Obviously, I disagree. Not all users are aware of the specific provisions contained within the COC, and cautionary notes like that can serve to inform users about the COC in order to facilitate their compliance with it. It is simply an attempt to promote understanding, not, as I understand it, a moderation action.

In terms of prohibiting hate speech, that is certainly not unreasonable. Any user can easily avoid using such deeply derogatory and dehumanizing language. Such rules exist on many sites, including DDO, and will be enforced.

It's a mistake that reflects very poorly upon your judgment as a moderator.
Perhaps, but it is only a mistake. I think it is more indicative of the fact that I am new to this kind of position, but only time will tell. In the interim, I will not be stepping down over this incident.
timespace
timespace
-->
@bsh1
Any user can easily avoid using such deeply derogatory and dehumanizing language. 

No, it's impossible. When speaking to a faggot, I feel obligated to refer to him as such.
timespace
timespace
Tbh I'm really mad all those other posts got deleted. I was proud of them.
timespace
timespace
Petition to coup bsh1

- triangle.128k
- spacetime
- timespace

Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@bsh1
TBH I think the user's post was a violation of the CoC. It was invective against a class. There's nothing in the CoC indicating a specific threshhold for how insulting something is before it becomes a violation. "Idiot" is an offensive insult, albeit a common one. I don't understand the hesitancy to characterize it as invective.

Anyway, some users have pointed out that there should be some exceptions to the hate speech restrictions, and I think I agree with that. There are some topics that are inherently offensive (e.g. discussing racial IQ gaps is probably the most offensive one, but others as well like achievement gaps, standardized testing gaps, etc.). Occasionally facts themselves can be offensive. Then there may be policy debates surrounding those issues; You know, what should be done about these sorts of things. These are topics I sometimes would fancy discussing dispassionately. The CoC contains no explicit exception for those things. On DDO I talked to Airmax about that before and he said he would be lenient about it. Not sure what's going on over here though.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Death23
Anyway, some users have pointed out that there should be some exceptions to the hate speech restrictions, and I think I agree with that. There are some topics that are inherently offensive (e.g. discussing racial IQ gaps is probably the most offensive one, but others as well like achievement gaps, standardized testing gaps, etc.). Occasionally facts themselves can be offensive. Then there may be policy debates surrounding those issues; You know, what should be done about these sorts of things. These are topics I sometimes would fancy discussing dispassionately. The CoC contains no explicit exception for those things. On DDO I talked to Airmax about that before and he said he would be lenient about it. Not sure what's going on over here though.
I have explained already--in several posts--that discussing and debate topics like the IQ gap are in no way prohibited. What is prohibited is using the n-word. Offensive facts are not hate speech either--facts are facts.
Bsh1isaFaggot
Bsh1isaFaggot
-->
@bsh1
STOP BANNING ME OR IM GONNA RIP YOUR FUCKING ARMS OFF AND BEAT YOU TO DEATH WITH THEM
Bsh1isaFaggot
Bsh1isaFaggot
Petition to coup bsh1

- triangle.128k
- spacetime
- timespace
- Bsh1isaFaggot

ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
Virgin bsh vs. Chad Airmax