Well, looks like DebateArt will be over-run by left wing censorship.

Author: triangle.128k

Total: 153
Smithereens
Debates: 2
Smithereens
-->
@bsh1
The words have evolved beyond their historical roots. They have taken on more a meaning of the n-word towards those particular groups. I think that's sufficient grounds to preclude their use.
You really have to be a highly privileged white dude to believe this. Outside of liberal culture exists the minorities that don't tie self value to the words you use to describe them. This phenomenon is very unique to the West and specifically the Western left. I've noticed this BS seeping into the Australian far left from the US and I'd wish it'd just stay in the US. Convincing minorities that they need to be cuddled, babied and protected from the mean, nasty words that can be used on them is the basis of a culture of de-empowerment that creates victims out of classes and attempts to convince those classes that they are individually powerless before the systems of oppression that rule them.
triangle.128k
Debates: 0
triangle.128k
-->
@bsh1
That is some rookie persecution, we need to pump those numbers up!
triangle.128k
triangle.128k
You know, it's very ironic that bsh1 is so damn insensitive about using the word "tranny" but then proceeds to crack open vulgar jokes.

Castin
Castin
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
So? Hysterical people used to burn herb women and midwives, that doesn't mean that it's 'dehumanizing' to make fun of someone for being a weird cat lady. I can find more regimes that murdered (and are murdering) people for being Catholic than you can find ones which murdered them for screwing other men, but it's not 'dehumanizing' for people to call me by silly names. Did fucked up things happen to Catholics? Yeah. But with the exceptions of some slaves under the Ottomans and in North Africa, (and some actions of the English in Ireland) people didn't treat us like livestock because we were Catholic. Dehumanizing is a powerful word because it's specific. It's not about telling you who you can stick your dick in or even trying to control you religious expression, its about telling you that 'you aren't human'. It's about ignoring your basic human instincts, like love for your offspring or the right to own anything that you create. Hence the name. If you say that someone is 'dehumanizing' a man by calling him a tranny or telling him to put on a pair of pants instead of a dress, then the word loses a bit of the raw power meant to describe specific, uniquely horrific acts like chattel slavery, large-scale extermination, crushing totalitarianism, or sadistic torture.
I agree. Especially with that last sentence. I don't think this is a word we should risk watering down.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@bsh1
That's obviously not what I am saying. I am saying that users--and people in general--should be able to control their anger. Rage is not an excuse for misconduct. Period.
Basically you're saying everyone needs to be like you. Besides that your just not getting it. If someone is mad at you, even if it isn't rage just mad, it is a weird request for them to give you a respectful message. Really, all you have to do is be respectful and mindful and you'll never run into this again. But if you do... don't expect someone you offended to be cordial.  

"to preempt the disclosure ONLY in the event that such a disclosure would jeopardize the safety or privacy rights of another user."
You can't stop this from happening if it's going to happen. I would agree with you that a ban should ensue if someone does this. That's all you can do. Not expect someone mentioned above will be cordial. Everything else you can do once you see the thread. And since you are responsibly warning people, a rebuttal to their concern should be easy. You know you have time to respond once you see it right? A heads up makes no sense and only comes off as i'm in charge so do my bidding. It's abuse of your position. 

I am getting your point. I don't think you're getting mine--in fact, you fundamentally misconstrued what I said regarding triangle.
God here you go again, no you're not getting it. I am not misconstruing what you said. I'm telling you even if you make it known it wasn't a warning... to a user that isn't your friend... it will always come off as a warning. In this case, a bias one at that. So you think micro-managing is a good precedent? Do you have time to warn everyone that says "idiot" ... no i don't think you do and what happens is you start choosing people you disagree with. I don't respond to this stuff when i don't see a problem, there is def. a problem with this precedent. 
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Outplayz
Basically you're saying everyone needs to be like you
Insofar as everyone ought to be in control of their anger, then yes, I am. Rage is not an excuse for misconduct--ever. That said, I am not asking them to be respectful; I am asking them to give me notice.

You can't stop this from happening if it's going to happen. I would agree with you that a ban should ensue if someone does this.
If they state their intention to do it, in spite of a warning not to, then, depending on the severity of user rights in play, a moderator might justifiably preemptively ban a user intending to violate the privacy or safety rights of another user.

In this case, a bias one at that....there is def. a problem with this precedent. 
I disagree that advising a user of the content of the COC to preempt potential future violations--which I deem likely to occur based on that users current and prior behavior--is in any way a bad precedent.

That I am a liberal does not mean that every time I take some action against a non-liberal that I am acting out of bias. I can live with appearances of bias (those will happen no matter what); I could not be content with actual bias.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@bsh1
Me, me, me... your inability to understand where i am coming from and take responsibility speaks volumes about your personality. All i see is excuses to justify why you are allowed to micro-manage. I'll just let others judge you for that, i'm done. You know where i stand. And here is my notice... if i ever get "talked to" for saying something is stupid or idiotic... i will make that public in protest to micro-managing and a push to turn this site into being called RateGDebates... Alright children behave.   
Username
Debates: 9
Username
"wahhhh stop censoring me" 

said the fascist

Username
Debates: 9
Username
My opinion of @spacetime has radically decreased due to this.

SamStevens
SamStevens
-->
@Castin
Should I feel bad that I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. 

This entire thing is comical lol

Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
Sorry Im late, what I miss? 
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Imabench
Trolling and rulesperging, mostly.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
I don't mind the bias.
TheHammer
TheHammer
Bsh always had a tendency to ignore his more skilled challengers during arguments in the fora, instead electing to go after people he thinks he can beat. It's nice to see some things never change.
RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
Bsh1 make me your enforcer and you'll see real fear and respect in your people. Stop pretending you owe them the shit on your shoe and start making it clear that democracy implies the majority know a damn thing about how to lead.  

Be kind unto the benevolent and ruthless unto the malevolent. Stop this laissez faire aim you have, be an oligarch and be a damn good one.

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Outplayz
Me, me, me... your inability to understand where i am coming from and take responsibility speaks volumes about your personality.
I think I acknowledged concerns along the lines you were making in this thread, but if that's incorrect, let me know. In post 109, for example, I acknowledged that I need to communicate the non-threatening nature of my posts better, to correctly apprise users that the outreach is informational, and not meant as a warning. I have apologized for deleting triangle's post and acknowledged that I could do better in being clear in my messages to users. Frankly, the effort at making this thread a character indictment is absurd, in light of those facts, and in light of the fact that I, as a moderator, have been open to wide, particularly harsh public criticism, and have respected users rights to say things to me that would not be tolerated towards other members. I am doing all I can to live up to my best standards, and irrespective of what others happen to think, I can take pride in the fact that I am striving to be the best mod I can.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Imabench
Oh, the usual. Drama, hullabaloo, foul ups, and multis banned left and right. Just an average day in an online debate site.
Castin
Castin
So is this a sort of catch-all bish bashing thread now.

I can't tell, I'm seeing legitimate criticisms mixed in so thoroughly with pure personal dislike. Can't see where one ends and the other begins, and some people seem to have both, it's all confusing.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Castin
Hey, it rhymes! Bish-bashing :) 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@bsh1
I didn't read your other posts. I was only focusing and what you were discussing with me. That is where my observations came from. If you did apologize... that is something uncomfortable to do so good job. 

I can take pride in the fact that I am striving to be the best mod I can.
As long as you listen to every side's concerns. My concern was in regards to micro-managing... that is usually correlative to abuse of power. That's all i was trying to get across. I'm sure this incident gave you some things to think about... and if you do think about it, you're doing good. I mean no ill will only to show you a point of view that may not have been in your purview.   
bsh1
bsh1
I mean no ill will only to show you a point of view that may not have been in your purview.  
I appreciate that. I do have lots to mull on.

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Outplayz
My concern was in regards to micro-managing... that is usually correlative to abuse of power. That's all i was trying to get across.

Micromanaging has gotten a bad rap. I have noticed my subordinates perform better when I do it, and oddly enough have better morale. Hell, the only time they actually work like a team is when I micromanage.
Smithereens
Debates: 2
Smithereens
-->
@Imabench
Sorry Im late, what I miss? 
does censorship of "hate-speech" constitute acceptable mod practice.

spacetime
Debates: 3
spacetime
-->
@Username
My opinion of @spacetime has radically decreased due to this.
Sad!
Castin
Castin
-->
@bsh1
In all sincerity, I've been reigning my lascivious self in a bit now that I am a mod. I want to be more professional and restrained, as becomes the position. That said, I don't mind loosening up a bit on occasion, and in certain situations. Besides, all that testosterone--Spacetime was clearly flirting with me.
- You were Fun Bish on DDO.
- I've never seen you be fun because I did not know you on DDO like these others.
- This makes me a disadvantaged minority.
- Your own ethics demand that you not discriminate against me as a disadvantaged minority.
- Withholding Fun Bish is discrimination.
- If you withhold Fun Bish you are a BIGOT who HATES MINORITIES.
- Checkmate, mic drop.

Jhhillman
Debates: 1
Jhhillman
-->
@bsh1
You are awesome. 
1harderthanyouthink
1harderthanyouthink
You should be allowed to post mod PMs unless they disclose information about other people. Discretion over rules is fair game, full stop. This is a debate site.

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@1harderthanyouthink
You should be allowed to post mod PMs unless they disclose information about other people. 
You are.

402 days later

Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@triangle.128k
I don't recall any right wingers getting banned for hate speech on the site.  The only people I know that got banned for misconduct were type1 and mustardness, and they are left wing.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Alec
I don't recall any right wingers getting banned for hate speech on the site.  The only people I know that got banned for misconduct were type1 and mustardness, and they are left wing.
I am mustardness and I dont recall my ever being banned from DArt ergo based on my memory, I believe you{ Alec }.

I have both left and right wings in tact and fly freely to search for and find the truth and facts, wherever they may exist.

66 lines-of-relationship  { Ebuc } formerly Mustardeness who asked moderator{s) to close my former account because of some issues I was having with internet.