RIP My Username

Author: Undefeatable

Total: 12
Undefeatable
Debates: 64
Undefeatable
well, it seems like MisterChris managed to contradict my namesake. It was nice while it lasted.
seldiora
Debates: 158
seldiora
was bound to happen some day or another. At least it was one of the top 5 of the leaderboard and not a nobody
Undefeatable
Undefeatable
-->
@MisterChris
what's your personal thoughts on slaying my username? I'll admit, it's a bit arrogant, but again, most people on this site aren't too difficult to defeat with a ton of research and analysis. I'm pretty impressed that Oromagi managed to defeat you, even if that topic wasn't exactly in your favor.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Undefeatable
I'll just be here, sadly slinking...
Undefeatable
Undefeatable
-->
@Theweakeredge
haha, I'll admit, you almost had me. Honestly, I think our trains of thoughts were similar (too confident in our points). I thought it was useless to even mention intentions because libertarianism always wins. I also thought Chris was winning on the clarity point so I stabbed myself in the foot. You thought it was pointless to mention exactly why the determinism gets rid of the free will. So we both lost a crucial point that could've boosted us to victory. 
Undefeatable
Undefeatable
I guess I'll just have to win 99 debates in a row to make up for it 
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Undefeatable
To win the war, battles may be lost.

You are not "defeated" until you surrender.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Undefeatable
You challenged a topic on the master of it. I guess you are asking for it.

Sorry if my words feel harsh to you, but if your goal is to stay undefeated, never challenge a master on its specialty.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Intelligence_06
Based on who he’s faced so far, I’d say that that hasn’t been Undefeatable’s goal. Theweakeredge and MisterChris are both talented debaters in their own rights, and each of those debates is HoF worthy. It’s impressive to see someone step up to the plate and take on difficult opponents on challenging topics. Undefeatable wants to prove himself, not just to win. That’s admirable.

MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Undefeatable
what's your personal thoughts on slaying my username? I'll admit, it's a bit arrogant, but again, most people on this site aren't too difficult to defeat with a ton of research and analysis. I'm pretty impressed that Oromagi managed to defeat you, even if that topic wasn't exactly in your favor.

I don't think it's particularly important that I ended your win streak because it doesn't seem to be super important to you (other than a reminder to try your hardest and push yourself). Like Whiteflame said, if your only goal was maintaining that win streak you wouldn't be challenging me directly, nor would you be challenging Theweakeredge. That's not to say you aren't very capable (you could've beaten me had you played your cards right), just to say that you would be unnecessarily risking your goal. 

It seemed to me like you wanted a challenge, and so I gave it to the best of my ability, and we had a very good debate. That about sums up my opinion on it. 

Also, regarding the Oromagi debate, I definitely want to rematch with him at some point on a more even topic. I was choosing topics that were the most fun (in fact, I was doing devil's advocate), not the most even. The flood topic is very skewed towards CON. Plus, it hurts that I wasn't nearly as good of a debater then as I am now, 38 debates later. 
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@MisterChris
I was choosing topics that were the most fun (in fact, I was doing devil's advocate), not the most even.
Have you considered the idea of a "back-to-back" debate?

Where each participant has to argue either PRO or CON in the first 3 rounds and then they switch sides for another 3 rounds.

In order to "win" you must score the highest in BOTH halves of the debate (or at least win one and tie in another).

The idea is kind of like when setting an official land-speed-record, you must get the same (or better) time UP the track AND on your way back DOWN the track.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@3RU7AL
That could be fun, I've also considered setting up a team debate template (that actually works)