Warning: Do Not Vote

Author: 3RU7AL

Total: 53
McSloth
Debates: 3
McSloth
-->
@Plisken
We aren't talking about the post itself, if you simply went back and read his post then you would understand why I brought up democrats at all. And I'm not asking him to explain why I brought up democrats, I'm asking him to explain why he is connecting democrats and the Soviet Union/People's Republic of China. 
McSloth
McSloth
-->
@Mopac
I'll be completely honest here Mopac, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I'm I the communist? If so why did you use the plural form? More importantly how the hell did you come to the conclusion that I must be a communist? Because I asked you a question about logic and reasoning? You're gonna have to answer some of these questions if you want to continue this conversation. 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@McSloth
I don't know what you are talking about either. It sounds to me like you associate the democratic party to the soviet union or peoples republic. Commie business.

You said it, not me. I said I don't vote because either way I have to live with other people's bad decisions.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Mopac
Well, I guess we all know who the communists are, so why say any more?
Who protects human (and civil) rights?

The ACLU.

Who hates the ACLU?

The conservatives.

I'm not sure what might make you think the ACLU (or the party that overwhelmingly supports them) has anything at all to do with Soviet style Communism.
Plisken
Debates: 0
Plisken
-->
@McSloth
 I did go back and read the post, which is why I stated there is nothing for Mopac to explain because that post does not indicate what you say it does.  The post is reserved, ending at the rationale for choosing a side. The implication you drew exists in your mind, and not mine.  It is safe to assume that YOU came to your own conclusion, that  YOU are connecting democrats, because I can see that the post you replied to did NOT so you must have inserted your notions from somewhere else.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@3RU7AL
You are the one defending the party you have already made the communist association with.

So as I said before, it looks like we all know who the communists are.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Mopac
So as I said before, it looks like we all know who the communists are.
Who do you think the communists are?

Apparently there is quite a bit of confusion over what appears to be a rhetorical question.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
ACLU doesn't protect the civil rights of Americans. ACLU promotes rights of illegal aliens at the expense of the civil rights of American citizens to protect their property and live in a safe neighborhood.

ACLU stands for Alien's Civil Liberties.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@3RU7AL
Well, the secretary general of the UN is a commie, and so are a lot of other really high ranking officials in the UN.

I'm pretty sure they didn't have an election among the people to put this guy in charge.

Sounds like soviet union business to me.

Personally.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Mopac
What has the UN actually done that you disagree with?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
What specifically has the ACLU done that you disagree with?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
Specifically?

Its current quest and mission to extend Constitutional rights to non-US citizens is the big one; although advocating for open borders and de-enforcement of existing immigration laws ranks a close 2nd. US citizens have a constitutional right to not have government agencies impede with their liberties by forcing people at gunpoint to pay for and tolerate illegal invaders into their country.

A 3rd concern is the current politically motivated support by the ACLU for hate speech laws that attempt to curtail the 1st amendment. This one is particularly saddening, as the ACLU 20 to 30 years ago was the forerunner in protecting the 1st Amendment, even when the speech was controversial.
McSloth
McSloth
-->
@Mopac
@Plisken
Mopac I can't tell if you're being serious or just trolling us all, if it's the latter then I blame myself completely for getting caught up in something that has become so ridiculous. If you are being serious though, again I ask you to answer the questions I proposed in my pervious comments. 

Plisken, I can see where the confusion is coming from and hopefully I'll be able to settle this issue. Here is the post in question in it's entirety. 

Democrips or Rebloodicans?

Well, I hate to take side, but....

I really don't want to live in Soviet Union/People's Republic

Based off what was said by Mopac, it is obvious that Mopac is making a choice, and that he doesn't want to pick the side that will lead him to "live in Soviet Union/People's Republic" Considering Mopac's pervious comments on other forms, the fact that the Democrats are the only party that people argue lead to communist governments, and just good old fashion logic, it's safe to assume that Mopac is saying he is going to vote Republican to avoid a communist government. I just want him to explain his reasoning, that is all. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@McSloth
You sure are jumping to a lot of conclusions. I can tell you for one that there are authoritative expansionist government policies in both parties, but you will have to do a lot of fact twisting to make the argument that the Democrats are closer in line to the Libertarian party than the Republicans. The Libertarian party is of course the least authoritarian party in existence today without being anarchist, and a polar opposite to a centrally planned state. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@McSloth
 it's safe to assume that Mopac is saying he is going to vote Republican to avoid a communist government.
I religiously abstain from voting.

That apparently makes me part of the problem.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
Its current quest and mission to extend Constitutional rights to non-US citizens is the big one; although advocating for open borders and de-enforcement of existing immigration laws ranks a close 2nd. US citizens have a constitutional right to not have government agencies impede with their liberties by forcing people at gunpoint to pay for and tolerate illegal invaders into their country.
The link you provided only mentions enforcement of minor crimes, I'm not seeing anything about "extending Constitutional rights" or "open borders" or "de-enforcement of existing immigration laws" or "forcing people at gunpoint".

I'm just asking where you are getting these ideas.

As strange as it might seem to you, illegal immigrants do actually have certain (human) rights, and should not simply be loaded into trucks and dumped at the border.

And you might find it interesting that about half of all illegal immigrants in the US arrived by plane.

And, 

"Canadians lead U.S. immigrants in unauthorized visa overstays, according to first-ever estimates from the Department of Homeland Security. Just under half of all immigrants in the country illegally are Mexican nationals, according to Pew Research. That share may decrease in the coming years, as Central American migrants to outpace Mexican in unauthorized land-based border crossings. But what about immigrants who come to the U.S. legally with a business, tourist or student visa? Most are from Canada, not Mexico, and more are from Germany than all Central American countries combined."

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL

The link you provided only mentions enforcement of minor crimes, I'm not seeing anything about "extending Constitutional rights" or "open borders" or "de-enforcement of existing immigration laws" or "forcing people at gunpoint".

It's literally in the Headline and 1st paragraph. You have to be consciously blocking out words to not see it.

Please don't troll this thread and joke claim that the ACLU respects immigration laws and never advocates for Constitutional rights for non-citizens.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
Please don't troll this thread and joke claim that the ACLU advocates for Constitutional rights for non-citizens.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
You're such a partisan hack, lol. But entertaining nonetheless.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
THE RIGHTS OF IMMIGRANTS

In decisions spanning more than a century, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that the Constitution's guarantees apply to every person within U.S. borders, including "aliens whose presence in this country is unlawful." On the other hand, the Court has said that when the federal government uses its broad powers to supervise immigration into this country, it can exercise those powers in ways that discriminate on the basis of "alienage." In other words, the government has the power to decide who to let into the country and under what circumstances. But once here, even undocumented immigrants have the right to freedom of speech and religion, the right to be treated fairly, the right to privacy, and the other fundamental rights U.S. citizens enjoy.

Since immigrants don't have the right to enter the U.S., those who are not here legally are subject to deportation. The Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) has the authority to question "any person believed to be an alien as to his right to be in the United States." But in a 1903 case called Yamataya v. Fisher, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the INS could not deport someone without a hearing that meets constitutional due process standards. Since then, procedural rights for undocumented immigrants have evolved so that today, in spite of Congress' attempts to curtail these rights, most people facing deportation are entitled to:

1. a hearing before an immigration judge and review, in most cases, by a federal court;  
2. representation by a lawyer (but not at government expense);  
3. reasonable notice of charges, and of a hearing's time and place;  
4. a reasonable opportunity to examine the evidence and the government's witnesses;  
5. competent interpretation for non-English speaking immigrants, and  
6. clear and convincing proof that the government's grounds for deportation are valid.
Plisken
Debates: 0
Plisken
-->
@Greyparrot
I think realistically referring to certain illegal aliens as something resembling invaders would require an official declaration by Congress for some sort of vested authority in the executive branch in recognition of credible threats to the nation.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Plisken
They are invaders because they are illegally trespassing. It's the very definition of an invader. An uninvited person. Any other interpretation requires either a view of open borders or the elimination of the concept of a nation.
Mopac
Mopac
Doors are a sign of oppression.