Absolutely. 

Totally self-evident. 

EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@n8nrgmi
what is the purpose of human life? 

To experience life on this planet, within creation. That might seem like an obvious answer but its that simple. We are here for the experience...Each soul (which inhabits human bodies) will have many experiences here and in other parts of creation and so each soul is on a very long journey through many, many experiences. Along the way each soul begins to learn about itself, improve itself through various cause and effect consequential situations and eventually come to learn who they really are and where they originate.

God exists in an alone state, and so God knows that as conscious beings (souls) it is good for us to have opportunity to express what it is we desire within worlds God creates for us. God also has access to each soul, and God can observe everything you observe and experience. The investment God has in this is that God can have more than one observation point, giving God also opportunity to experience something other than existing in a singular state of existence.
Don't fool yourself though and think that this one planet is all we got lol, that's not even close to the truth. This is only one temporary experience out of endless places to exist, this is where parallel planes of existence come into play. When you leave the physical body that's when the fun really starts.
And this is all just for you and I to have virtually endless experiences. Each souls journey is much different than others and so each experience is tailored for each soul. 

SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@Tradesecret
Absolutely
Well, there's our disconnect.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@EtrnlVw
So why did God create dinosaurs?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@zedvictor4
So why did God create dinosaurs?

Creativity, testing the environment and how it would affect physiology.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@EtrnlVw
So, then this version of god isn't omniscient and didn't know how it would "affect physiology" beforehand?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
So, then this version of god isn't omniscient and didn't know how it would "affect physiology" beforehand?

Correct, God can know what is knowable but God tests creation when outcomes are not yet knowable. I don't care about this "omniscient" baloney, that's not my argument. God is a maximal Being and knows all that is knowable, and the Creator is the epitome of all accumulated knowledge. These terms humans create don't always reflect what is true. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
Get creative guys, lets see some unique and interesting questions! If God and the soul exists, imagine the implications of that.....we haven't even dug deep yet. 
gugigor
Debates: 41
gugigor
-->
@EtrnlVw
what do you think of Neitzsche's famous passage "God is dead"?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@gugigor
what do you think of Neitzsche's famous passage "God is dead"?

Presumptuous, boring and unprovable. Oh....and generic. More over it makes no sense, it is a nonsensical statement. God either exists or does not exist, if God does indeed exist there's no such thing as death. Death is only relevant to created bodies.

Now back to the topic, assuming God does exist, what questions would you have pertaining to that?

gugigor
gugigor
-->
@EtrnlVw
actually, Neitzsche does assume God may exist in some form -- his death is in a metaphorical sense (https://1000wordphilosophy.com/2018/02/13/nietzsche-and-the-death-of-god/)

So I ask the same question, if God exists, what do you think of Neitzsche's symbolism of the enlightenment overcoming the uncertainty that God originally offers to explain?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@EtrnlVw
I thought that GOD was omniscient.

So why the need for testing?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@gugigor
So I ask the same question, if God exists, what do you think of Neitzsche's 

"Nietzsche’s claim, however, is that “God” is a fiction created by human beings. Thus, God “dies” when there is no good reason to believe that God exists. "

Nonsensical, irrelevant.

According to Nietzsche, the idea of God was created to help people handle widespread and seemingly senseless suffering.

Presumptuous

From antiquity to today most people turn to God when awful tragedies happen

Boring

God is a psychological fabrication created to soothe distress, ease trauma, and provide companionship in the face of suffering.

LOL, oh....and generic?

Now that we have affirmed that Nietzsche begins with the assumption that God is fiction, let me know if you have any unique questions regarding the existence of God, the soul or anything related. Thanks.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@zedvictor4
Post #36 and 37
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
Is this the best you guys got? I find the existence of God to be one of the most fascinating questions one could ponder! the implications of course are infinite, if I were an unbeliever or even a Theist who's views of God were restricted to a very limited source and someone was taking questions about God of any kind I would be all over it.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@EtrnlVw
Why should anyone believe what you say on this topic?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
Why should anyone believe what you say on this topic?

They're not required to obviously. But "if" I know something someone may have not known or have no way of knowing now would be a good time to ask anything they'd like. Is there any reason not to consider my answers?

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@EtrnlVw
 Is there any reason not to consider my answers?
You seem to be presenting yourself as some sort of expert, yet you have never demonstrated the veracity of any of your claims.  If you want to just blather your theories about various heavens and what gods exist or don't exist and what properties they have, you don't need anyone asking questions to prompt you. Without demonstration, you're just a guy with a sandwich board harassing passers by with "the end is nigh!" pronouncements and wondering why people are not engaging you. The reason not to consider your answers is because there's no reason to believe any of them to be correct. They're your opinions and they weigh about as heavily on people besides you as whatever you think is going to happen in the NFL playoffs. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
 you're just a guy with a sandwich board harassing passers by with "the end is nigh!"

Lol no one has forced you to be here. I'm just here trying to present something different and interesting to break up the monotony you don't have to be an azz. 

I've paid my dues as a believer, I've submitted to just about any teaching you can find on spirituality and have applied it to myself. I have no biases towards any sources of knowledge, I consider scientific sources the same as any fanatic as well. I've learned, applied, observed, studied, experienced and put in endless hours thinking and sifting through information to be able to relay God's knowledge about creation efficiently and accurately. I don't peddle or proselytize religion, rather I give them all a fair shot by studying as much as I can so I have no agenda or ulterior motives to convert anyone to anything other than to at least consider the existence of God as a real thing. This of course doesn't mean I know everything but it does mean I know quite a bit and I've never seen a question that I haven't seriously thought about and applied all my knowledge to to solve the issue.

I'm not indoctrinated, mentally ill, biased, or a wishful thinker. I don't personally care about what I want or what anybody else claims when it comes to understanding what is most likely true or simply true. My conclusions are based upon my own observations and experience of the world...logic, commonsense, good rationale, evidence, cross referencing and I've considered every side of the equations. Needless to say I qualify as someone to be trusted and considered. If anything it's good to have someone who can answer questions unbiased and from a wide range of information and facts.

gugigor
gugigor
-->
@EtrnlVw
what do you think God would say about the following moral theories? Would he consider them sinners due to their beliefs, or would he accept them?

Kantian ethics

Utilitarianism

Contractarianism

Virtue ethics

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@EtrnlVw
I've paid my dues as a believer, I've submitted to just about any teaching you can find on spirituality and have applied it to myself. I have no biases towards any sources of knowledge, I consider scientific sources the same as any fanatic as well. I've learned, applied, observed, studied, experienced and put in endless hours thinking and sifting through information to be able to relay God's knowledge about creation efficiently and accurately. I don't peddle or proselytize religion, rather I give them all a fair shot by studying as much as I can so I have no agenda or ulterior motives to convert anyone to anything other than to at least consider the existence of God as a real thing. This of course doesn't mean I know everything but it does mean I know quite a bit and I've never seen a question that I haven't seriously thought about and applied all my knowledge to to solve the issue.
I'm not indoctrinated, mentally ill, biased, or a wishful thinker. I don't personally care about what I want or what anybody else claims when it comes to understanding what is most likely true or simply true. My conclusions are based upon my own observations and experience of the world...logic, commonsense, good rationale, evidence, cross referencing and I've considered every side of the equations. Needless to say I qualify as someone to be trusted and considered. If anything it's good to have someone who can answer questions unbiased and from a wide range information and facts.
Great, so what exactly can you prove to someone other than yourself? 

Which religions are definitely WRONG? 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@gugigor
what do you think God would say about the following moral theories?

The Creator doesn't give a pimple's puss about people's "beliefs" or religions regarding what is morally acceptable and ethical in God's created worlds. Lets get that straight from the get go, they have nothin to do with morality unless of course the beliefs themselves aspire harm on nature or people. Creation is driven by cause and effect laws both for the natural world and also less observable...the moral experience. Moral laws have nothing to do with people's preferences or what they accept as their beliefs or cultural traditions as long as each individual acts within the constructs provided for them, and even if they don't they are held accountable by their own actions in the form of their future experiences.
So all people's are under the same laws of cause and effect regardless of their lifestyles, political backgrounds or preferred method of honoring the Creator.
As long as the following hold up under the principles of negative and positive there should be no issues.
The universal laws of cause and effect are based upon the impact of a persons thoughts, intentions and of course their actions. And while most ethical propositions might not deal with intentions or thoughts the laws of God's creation indeed reach that far. 

Kantian ethics
"Kant's construction of the moral law is the categorical imperative, which acts on all people, regardless of their interests or desires."
"bound to the moral law by their own will"
"His principle of universalizability requires that, for an action to be permissible, it must be possible to apply it to all people without a contradiction occurring."

This seems to fit fine within the parameters set above!

Utilitarianism
"the doctrine that actions are right if they are useful or for the benefit of a majority."
"the doctrine that an action is right insofar as it promotes happiness, and that the greatest happiness of the greatest number should be the guiding principle of conduct."
 "a doctrine that the useful is the good and that the determining consideration of right conduct should be the usefulness of its consequences"

Nothing wrong about this concept! this is a universally acceptable principle...

Contractarianism

This one is a bit irrelevant and vague to be considered as anything significant. What cultures and political movements decide what to do within their boundaries are theirs to decide, but again if what is determined has any negative impact on one's environment or culture (people) the same universal laws apply, so it is essential for any governing authorities to remain wise and smart about what they enforce otherwise they reap the consequences.
For example, if any authoritative figure imposed ethics or laws that inflict a negative outcome on its people or land the consequences of their actions will be much greater. When a persons actions or intentions effect numerous people the return for that person is much more severe so in essence, the consequences reflect what was perpetrated, the outcome correlates with the type of crimes against humanity were inflicted.

Virtue ethics
"Virtue ethics are normative ethical theories which emphasize virtues of mind, character and sense of honesty. Virtue ethicists discuss the nature and definition of virtues and other related problems that focus on the consequences of action. These include how virtues are acquired, how they are applied in various life contexts, and whether they are rooted in a universal human nature or in a plurality of cultures"

Again this is in line with universal laws and principles, very useful models IMO!

All in all these seem to be well thought out and I see no harm in relation to God's overarching policies. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
Great, so what exactly can you prove to someone other than yourself? 

The objective here is not to prove anything but to show that there are answers available and they may help in assisting someone make their own assessments, draw their own conclusions from the information supplied. 

Which religions are definitely WRONG? 

One's in which would have any negative impact on it's people, culture, land or nature. Religions are mans expressions towards the Creator and they help create a means of collective purpose and cultural belonging they really have no basis in what's deemed right or wrong until such beliefs perpetuate negative outcomes. 
Each religion may have both useful information and information not so useful. They may reflect reality accurately or inaccurately or both depending on what information is being conveyed. 
Not all religions are right and not all wrong it depends on their levels of observations/revelations whether or not they reflect any truth. 

People have needs both individually as well as collectively and you can see people's passion across the world in relation to their ancestral backgrounds and their patronage to their lands and religious beliefs. God knows this, and so God accommodates this and their experiences extend beyond this physical world. The Native Americans seem to have a good understanding of this and it is reflected in their spiritual beliefs. This makes creation much more exciting and interesting and people should learn that variance is not a negative thing but a beautiful aspect of creation and God's creative desires. 

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@EtrnlVw
We could ask  questions until we were all blue in the face, and never get a factual reply....Such is the subject matter.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@EtrnlVw
Which theist on this board do you find yourself disagreeing MOST with? 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
Which theist on this board do you find yourself disagreeing MOST with?

Well there's not much to pick from lol, they are mostly fundamental Christians or Catholics with a couple of "outsiders" here and there. I'm not really one who judges what people choose to embrace as their beliefs and how they see best expresses their feelings about God. I wish we had a lot more of a variety, I'd love to see some eastern religious thought around here, and certainly some Native American spirituality. But I would have to say Mopac, mostly due to his constant pointing fingers at other Theists, whining about protestants all the time and how other believers are heretics and all that bull crap. Those are my least favorite types of Theists because they sow so much discord.

Catholicism (Roman or Orthodox) just happens to be my least favorite faction of Christianity as well so it doesn't surprise me the guy I disagree with most fits in that category, to me Catholicism is just distorted nonsense and is unrecognizable to the Gospels of Jesus and His teachings. Ironically they always parade themselves as the only body of Christ and their teachings are the only authority when in reality it couldn't be any further from the truth.
This is not meant to be construed as an insult, I'm just answering your question. If I have a problem with a poster I would just confront them directly as I have in the past. Generally speaking I have no issues with people who happen to be Catholic.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@zedvictor4
We could ask questions until we were all blue in the face

If this is not an interesting subject matter for you maybe you shouldn't be here? 

and never get a factual reply

As long as you assume facts can't be obtained I guess you'll never know.

I guess if you go to a Doctor to get your problems diagnosed you'll never know if their diagnoses are factual?

How does a Doctor begin to gain understanding and knowledge of your human body that they may diagnose it?
Through source material and the study of a body of work that correlates with that subject...

How does a Doctor become someone who you can rely on for a factual diagnoses?
Through a rigorous process of applying that body of work and research to real life.

How does a Doctor become someone you would rely on more than any other Doctor?
Through years of study, application, practice with years of hands on experience and observations culminating in a wealth of wisdom and becoming a Master of their trade.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@EtrnlVw
Yep. Sounds like me....60 years of study and observation, and a master of Atheism and Skepticism.

And doctors acquire facts, by studying facts.

And theists acquire speculation by studying speculation.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@EtrnlVw
Does it ever bug you to know that the theists on this board almost to a person believe you're going to at best be deleted when you die, at worst you'll be thrown into a pit of fire to be tortured for eternity for believing as you do?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
Does it ever bug you to know that the theists on this board almost to a person believe you're going to at best be deleted when you die, at worst you'll be thrown into a pit of fire to be tortured for eternity for believing as you do?

I don't presume to know what others think or believe until I ask them. Honestly even if they thought that it wouldn't surprise me any and I also wouldn't care much. I've been around religious people my entire life of all kinds so I'm very familiar with all their nonsense and judgmental attitudes. 
Much of what I share are pretty basic Theistic premises though, nothing too out of the ordinary but I don't limit knowledge to any one book because to me that's not a very bright idea. I'm not against Christianity and in many ways support it so there's no real reason for anyone to make such an assumption. My foundation is Christianity, I've applied all those teaching to myself since I was a kid on my own accord and still do.
Jesus came along and changed the face of religion by preaching truthful ideas that were not commonly accepted during that time. There's no harm in sharing truth that may extend beyond what is normally thought, and not everything is in the Bible.
I'd have to giggle though if I found out there were Theists here that don't have a concept of the soul (or hasn't heard of it). The soul never gets "deleted" that is basic as you can get. If there's one thing I know of for sure without any doubts is that the soul exists independent of the physical body. Everybody can bank on that fact, if you don't believe it you'll see for yourself at some point in the distant future. Too bad I won't be around to hear all the doubters say....."holy shyt! that crazy EtrnlVw dude was right!".