Corrupt rating system, Mike is corrupt to the core no question.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 39
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@RationalMadman
Yes it should.
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
If you entertain people as a poor debater, your rating should be low. Vice versa.
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@DebateArt.com
This is the system used on DDO. I think it would work well on DART as well.

All debaters start off with 2,000 elo when they enter DDO. Elo is changed after a debate's voting period ends. The equation is calculated by the users to be C = 100 (W+9L) / 10W, where C =change, W =winner's original Elo, and L =loser's original Elo.

Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@Vader
... Well okay then. File that away... note to self: do not go off on a developer in Sup's presence.
It is isn't about the developer, it is about the hard work he does for the site, constantly updating it. If he sat around doing nothing not appointing moderators and having bad glitches, I would be 100% on the wagon
I was thinking the thread title was hyperbole. None of his actual posts in the thread match the intensity of the title. 
He has a way of "clickbaiting" his titles. I don't like this because if a new member clicks on the site, the clickbait thing is "CORRUPT RATING SYSTEM, MIKE IS CORRUPT TO CORE" he is clearly extra salty
I don't know why I didn't respond to this earlier. That you lost your temper < why you lost your temper.

Yeah I get you. Mike does a lot of hard work which we benefit from daily. The title was just so over the top that taking it seriously wasn't my first instinct.

But if Rash hadn't made this thread we would never have gotten that "oh for God's sake" post from Mike so I maintain it was 100% worth it.

P.S. Backlogging your feelings has a way of blowing up on you later. I'm not sure it's the better option.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@bsh1
Yeah, it's pretty much the same formula from the ELO wiki and we already have it, just with some custom coefficients. We just need to readjust it for the edge cases when, for instance, nobody has voted. 
Castin
Castin
-->
@Wylted
Punishing ties is fine. It's what people deserve for debating things that bore people.
My frequent boredom when browsing debates wants me to agree with this so bad.

But it ain't right.

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Wylted
What we want to change is not to prevent punishing for ties, that's how ELO works and if you tied with a player that has much lower rating than you, you lose your rating and the other way around, but we want to kinda disable this when there are no votes, so it's simple as that.
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
Your reply to wylted is ridiculous as he was only referring to the no-vote scenarios and mocking the people who have no-voted debates for being boring debaters.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@RationalMadman
Oh...