United States House of Representatives Mafia DP1

Author: ILikePie5

Read-only
Total: 540
Bullish
Debates: 0
Bullish
I am the electrician able to see anyone who visits me whether it is scum or town. my justification is because my representative is big in the energy field.
ok i buy that
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
Unvote Speed

so mafia can't easily hammer overnight

WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
i just finished skimming over the dp so far and the drafter vs elminster thing is stupid. and the fact that we're wasting a vig on it is even more stupid. drafter, why didn't you just leave elminster alone so he wouldn't feel like he's getting "tunneled" or whatever, welp too late now...

lunatic said he couldn't get roleblocked so if he or elminster doesn't die this np then next dp he'll be pretty sus next dp. also, seeing how natural the conversation between lunatic and elminster has been i think a scum team between them is very unlikely.
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Greyparrot
I am the electrician able to see anyone who visits me whether it is scum or town. my justification is because my representative is big in the energy field.
this makes sense

WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Greyparrot
wait why did you not instantly full claim this game? it doesn't really matter cause you do it as town or scum but why didn't you do it this game
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Speedrace (4/6) - Greyparrot, Lunatic, Elm, Drafter
Greyparrot (2/6) - Speed, Whiteflame

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@WaterPhoenix
some people were mad so I just started with a name claim
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@WaterPhoenix
drafter, why didn't you just leave elminster alone so he wouldn't feel like he's getting "tunneled" or whatever, welp too late now...
You looking for answers or is this rhetorical?

WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@drafterman
sure answer me
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Because this is a game where it is a matter of course that we will pressure other people. If a person cannot handle a single person voting them and is threatening to rage quit, this isn't a person anyone should want in a game. And Elminster has done this three times and has already threatened to do it this game.

So what's the solution? If anyone votes Elminster he'll throw a fit and rage quit. So we just don't vote him? Ever? He get's a free pass because his skin is approximately 1 mm thick?

Meta-wise it's a fairly neat strategy. Establish a reputation for being a baby and, instead of everyone treating you like any other player (a veteran player, at that) they treat you with kid gloves, to the extend other vets are willing to give you free lynches just to appease you.

But on the other side of the fence, I just don't see the option where anyone tolerates it and I surely won't. I only back off because of the promise to vig him. And if tomorrow arises and Elminster is still alive, I'm voting him until he's dead, then Lunatic for lying.

But I predict either I'll be dead or Lunatic will concoct some story about why it didn't happen, most likely involving me being scum.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Lunatic
If mafia roleblock you, I would assume my kill should be free of being blocked obviously, and go through. If it doesn't, then mikal was the mafia carrying out the night kill and you guys know to lynch him next day phase. 

This way we satisfy killing mikal and we don't have to debate mikals intentions to throw the game all of day phase 1 (which is one of the more important day phases in the game typically in my opinion).
I'm confused as to how the kill not going through translates to Mikal being mafia. 

MisterChris
MisterChris
As far as whiteflame being non committal, its been discussed ad nauseum that he tends to come off that way as both affiliations. So i'd ultimately call it a null tell but I cam reference the christmas mafia game where he was scum and see if there are any glaring warning signs besides that I am missing.

Have to agree, this is Whiteflame's meta whether town or not. 
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@MisterChris
I'm confused as to how the kill not going through translates to Mikal being mafia. 
Actually I got that part wrong from my communication with pie. I can kill mafia only if they target me. Shouldn't make a huge difference
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Lunatic
huh? Explain. 

You said you were going to vig Elminster, and that Drafter could strengthen you. 

Where are you getting "I can only kill mafia if I'm targeted by mafia" from?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
huh? Explain. 

You said you were going to vig Elminster, and that Drafter could strengthen you. 

Where are you getting "I can only kill mafia if I'm targeted by mafia" from?

My communication with pie. Kill only goes through if I target the mafia who targets me. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
As for the plan to vig Mikal... I'm OK with it, but that doesn't confirm Lunatic or anything obviously if the kill goes through... Just means that either Lunatic or somebody he's buddies with has the ability to kill. Trackers and watchers should be all over this, if we have any. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Lunatic
My communication with pie. Kill only goes through if I target the mafia who targets me. 

What? Why? Is it a vig variant? Why doesn't the vig just.... kill its target. 
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Lunatic
Actually I got that part wrong from my communication with pie. I can kill mafia only if they target me. Shouldn't make a huge difference
Oh... so you can't actually vig Elminster.

VTL Elminster

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Speedrace (3/6) - Greyparrot, Lunatic, Elminster 
Greyparrot (2/6) - Speed, Whiteflame
Elminster (1/6) - Drafter

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@drafterman
Oh... so you can't actually vig Elminster.

VTL Elminster

Thats where the "you motivating me" part come in...
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Lunatic
My strengthening means your action is immune to interference. It can't be roleblocked, protected against, redirected, etc. If it is contingent on maf targeting you, I can't make maf target you.
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@drafterman
yeah bro but you obviously voted him solely because you thought he was a baby. if he did what he did that one game where he ragequit and throws the game and gets himself modkilled then yeah it's definitely his bad. but you immediately voting him at the start just proves his point about us "tunneling" him which needlessly incites him. he might've been incited anyways but i don't think you voting him at the start saying "Oh. Mikal is here. Let's get this out of the way then." helped.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Three games. Not one. Three.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@drafterman
My strengthening means your action is immune to interference. It can't be roleblocked, protected against, redirected, etc. If it is contingent on maf targeting you, I can't make maf target you.
What you asked pie and he told you that? When I first claimed I explained that you should be able to strengthen and you didn't say anything then. If my kill wouldn't normally go through, it should now go through if you enable me. I don't understand how that wasn't the idea from the get go...
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@MisterChris
What? Why? Is it a vig variant? Why doesn't the vig just.... kill its target. 
You'd think. It's a weak vig, but with drafters role it should work as normal.
Lunatic
Lunatic
lol at drafter looking for an excuse for his role not to work
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@drafterman
whatever man, too late anyways.
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Lunatic
by kill do you mean the kill from the mafia or the kill from you?

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@WaterPhoenix
by kill do you mean the kill from the mafia or the kill from you?
?

both?

I dont understand the question
Lunatic
Lunatic
So in summary if Mafia A targets you but you target Mafia B only you will die. If Mafia A targets you and you target Mafia A, you both will die. If you aren’t targeted by mafia your shot will go through