Pick this month's book for me, I promise I will read it.

Author: janesix

Total: 15
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
I usually buy one book a month, and for February I want you guys to pick my book for me. Has to be on a religious, philosophic, scientific, or occult/esoteric topic.  Price range around 20 dollars or less plus shipping. Has to be found on Amazon.

I will only do this if I get at least ten choices from you guys (anyone can choose more than one book) And once I have ten choices, I will choose one and buy it February 1st.

Serious books only, jokes will be ignored.

I will read and review within two weeks.
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
Games Primates Play
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

The Simulation Hypothesis: An MIT Computer Scientist Shows Why AI, Quantum Physics and Eastern Mystics All Agree We Are In a Video Game Paperback $13.79
Written by well-known Silicon Valley entrepreneur and MIT-educated computer scientist Rizwan Virk, The Simulation Hypothesis brings together disparate fields to explore one of the most daring and consequential theories of our time: The Simulation Hypothesis. Whether you are a computer scientist, a fan of science fiction like the Matrix movies, a video game enthusiast, or a spiritual seeker, The Simulation Hypothesis touches on all these areas. The Simulation Hypothesis is the idea that our physical reality, far from being a solid physical universe, is part of an increasingly sophisticated video game-like simulation, consisting of pixels with its own internal clock.In the Simulation Hypothesis, the mysteries of quantum science, the path of artificially intelligent consciousness, the evolution of VR and quantum computers, along with previously taboo subjects like consciousness and karma, are brought together into a cohesive, information-based computer science framework. Leading figures like Elon Musk and Stephen Hawking have advocated the Simulation Hypothesis.

rosends
Debates: 0
rosends
I just read The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue.

Recommend.
Soluminsanis
Debates: 1
Soluminsanis
Holy Bible authorized version
janesix
janesix
Thanks keep them coming guys:)
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
May I suggest:  Peacemaker by Richard Heket
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
I suggest two directly connected ones: Ender’s Game, and Ender’s Shadow. Both by Orson Scott Card.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
The Blue Island 
janesix
janesix
-->
@Barney
I've read ender's game, good book, although OSC as a tendency to make every single character an asshole and very negative all the time. I can't remember if I read ender's shadow, i used to read a lot of science fiction as a teen.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@janesix
The master and the margarita
Bulgakov
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@janesix
The Arena
Saint Ignatius Brianchaninov

One of the best books you'll ever read.

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
The Art of Power
by Thich Nhat Hanh

janesix
janesix
Ok, so I really wanted to read the invisible life of addie larue, but I was aiming for non-fiction. So I chose Games Primates Play. I really wanted both, so I got both, just ordered a few minutes ago.

11 days later

janesix
janesix
Sheesh. I've made it through about 4/5 of the way in "invisible life" and am really struggling to finish it. I will just make a few comments for now about why I dislike this book so much. There are some spoilers below.

The premise seemed interesting and different, which is why I chose to read it. The author could have done so much more with this. (immortality where you live forever but no one can remember you)

I will try not to give too many clues about where this book goes, because there is a mystery or two that I don't want to give away.

BUT I was really irritated by several factors, including:

It reads like the author was trying to get a movie deal. I think there's more than a grain of truth to that.

Selling your soul for trivial reasons.

Why does every other character have to have some form of paint on their body or clothing? In every other scene, boring.

The main character is immoral and entirely unpleasant. Does she have to sleep with EVERYone she meets? Why does she turn to prostitution immediately, before really exploring other options?

The author's writing style bugs the heck out of me. Every little detail is overly dramatic, making nothing dramatic by comparison.

There's more but I'm tired so this is enough for now.