What do you think you elected? Can-do Biden? Nope.

Author: fauxlaw

Total: 36
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@HistoryBuff
When Trump said his economy would break the 4.0 barrier, you and Obama laughed. Reality challenged people don't laugh last.
I have no idea what you are talking about. Trump didn't do anything to help the economy
I don't have TDS, so I saw the highest employment figures for women and minorities in decades. I saw the unfair trade deals the US was suffering under, I saw the countries dumping their products in our markets but not allowing our products into theirs. I saw the booming stock market.

I suppose you could argue that handing out shit tons of money to the rich and corporations helped.
As opposed to sending it by the stack in cash to Iran? Or sending it to Pakistan for studies in gender issues?

Taxes have to go back up to plug the massive hole Trump punched in the US' finances. 
Yet there is enough for millions for the WHO? Millions for Egypt? Millions to fund abortions in Islamic countries? The democrat's tax song and dance will no longer fly. That money is ours. And if there really is a massive hole in our finances, your spending ideas are insane.

Democrats increase taxes no matter the condition of the economy, because the have that loony liberal idea that America should pay for every brown skinned banana republic out there. Stop blaming others for what we know is your core policy. 

11 days later

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
The left has claimed for the better part of six years, since Trump announced his candidacy in 2015, that Trump was a pure authoritarian. 
In three weeks, Joe Biden has issued over 50 EOs. Who wears the big A?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
It is curious that "authoritarian" is a discussed concept, and that Trump is exemplified by many as "authoritarian." One gage of that categorical designation is number of issued EOs. Over his tenure, according to my favorite site [Wiki], Trump issued 55.0 EOs per year. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_federal_executive_orders
That's a lot, until one considers others in modern time:
Carter: 80.0 pert year
Ford: 69.1
Nixon: 63.2
Johnson 62.9
Kennedy: 75.4
Eisenhower: 60.5
Truman: 116.7 
Roosevelt: 307.8
But, who is the record-holder for per-year number? Extrapolated, because he has actually only been in office for 27 days: Joe Biden at 392.3 EOs per year.
So, Trump is merely ordinary compared to that level of taking authority.

FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
Dwight D. Eisenhower is often quoted from his February 17, 1953 News Conference in which he said,
The fact is there must be balanced budgets before we are again on a safe and sound system in our economy. That means, to my mind, that we cannot afford to reduce taxes, reduce income, until we have in sight a program of expenditures that shows that the factors of income and of outgo will be balanced. Now that is just to my mind sheer necessity.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@FLRW
There are two factors that refute the limited scope Eisenhower had. because his was an administration that still enjoyed a proper balance of import/export on trade that we have been plagued with just about ever since: an continued imbalance of trade, i.e., more imports than exports. The reversal of that imbalance was what drove Trump to renegotiate disastrous trade deals of previous administrations. With a trade export surplus, something we have not enjoyed for over 40 years, the economy, and the gov't spending deficit, will improve significantly. Biden will not allow that to happen. Watch. You think he is courting China to increase our exports? Ha!
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@fauxlaw
But, who is the record-holder for per-year number? Extrapolated, because he has actually only been in office for 27 days: Joe Biden at 392.3 EOs per year.
So, Trump is merely ordinary compared to that level of taking authority.
This is some funky stats work.