I am changing accounts (got a new e-mail)

Author: TheMelioist

Total: 8
TheMelioist
Debates: 0
TheMelioist
I will change my account to The_Meliorist, since I got a new e-mail. this means that the moderators can delete this one. 
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
Done.
RationalMadman
Debates: 561
RationalMadman
Thanks for making this thread, we would never have guessed.

33 days later

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
Never caught this string before now. A few days ago, I raised the issue with Ragnar that I could not change my email address in my DArt profile, and suggested that be changed. Doesn;t make sense to not be enabled to do that. I had to change my email because somebody, somewhere, on whose website I've been, most have sold their mailing list because suddentl, right after the firstr of the year, I suddenly became inundated with emails from people I've never heard of and never communicated with, including some Russian, Israeli, Japanese, and German sites, in those various languages, in none of which I have fluency. I tried unsubscribing, but that has not worked. 
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@fauxlaw
It's a feature that has been pitched before. Mike's implementation of it will take some time but I'm fairly certain its on his to do list
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@MisterChris
That's fine. I'm in no hurry. I'm leaving the old email open on my google account until I'm sure that all that is connected to it [photo's critical emails I want to keep, etc] is securely downloaded elsewhere so it is not eliminated when I close the google acct associated with that email. That will take some time. 
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@fauxlaw
OK, cool! By the way, you can DM Mike and he can manually change your email if needed. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 561
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
@MisterChris
@fauxlaw
In this website I am almost 100% sure that your unique identifying label/factor/item is your e-mail address. The reason I am quite certain of this is that the URL for profiles is /username (not /userIDnumber) and your username is able to be changed, though they don't offer that much.

This means the only things which can be uniquely identifying, to attach the entire account to, are either their place in a database with a separate key we don't see, or the username. There is possibly a third thing which is the default profile image, since that's unique per account on this website but I really doubt it's coded that way because that means he can never ever change that, which doesn't seem wise to design a website with/around.