Why is there so much more corruption with Republican Presidents than Democrat ones?

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 62
RationalMadman
Debates: 566
RationalMadman
Just a legit question.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@RationalMadman
It's a fake question. The Obama and Clinton presidencies outmatched all others in corruption.

For Trump, all you can point to are lies carried by outraged Democrats. But we can point to Benghazi, Steele dossier, Obamacare, Irangate, fake red lines, you can choose your own doctor, the lipstick stained dress, the list email server, and countless other shams that the Democrats try to pretend not to see.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Just a legit question.
Joe Biden was legit funded by Wall Street. The whole GameStop saga? Ya those were his friends who suffered. Be careful...
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
@RatMan.

They're all corrupt to some degree.

It's the only way to acquire a Presidency.

As competency certainly isn't a vital qualification.

The question should really be, why do Republican Presidents tend to be more intellectually challenged that Democratic ones.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ethang5
You didn't name any real corruption. Her emails were a security leak, not corruption. Sure, I'll give you Clinton regardless, now please give me defence of all the Republican presidents.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
Careful of what? You think NY rich boy Donald and his Republican predecessors weren't funded by even the mob itself (in the case of Nixon)?

Being funded by wall street individuals isn't in itself corruption, it's a legal donation to a campaign fund.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
Agreed, regarding the intelligence.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
If corruption happens and the state media does not report it, is it still corruption?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Joe Biden was legit funded by Wall Street. 

Biden may go down as the most documented (by his own recorded words) corrupt president in all of American History. No other president was so boldly unapologetic about the true nature of Washington DC's mafia mentality with the kickbacks, protection rackets, and outright extortion.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
why do Republican Presidents tend to be more intellectually challenged that Democratic ones.
If a Democrat president is never asked anything important by state propaganda media, is he still an idiot?

“The Devil lives in the details if the details that you’re talking about would affect the outcome of something that is about to happen or should happen.”

Joe Biden, President of America
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
 “The Devil lives in the details if the details that you’re talking about would affect the outcome of something that is about to happen or should happen.”

Joe Biden, President of America

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@RationalMadman
@Greyparrot
...now please give me defence of all the Republican presidents.
The Republican presidents need no defense. But when you have the MSM constantly barking in your ear, you think every bump is a burglar.

If a Democrat president is never asked anything important by state propaganda media, is he still an idiot?
Who knows, the 4th estate arm of the DNC never lets us know.

If they are idiots, how come the countries economy does better under Republican presidents? And is Biden the Democrats idea of a genius? Does reality matter to them? 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
Republican Presidents tend to be more intellectually challenged that Democratic ones.
Doesn't the state media have to challenge your intelligence for it to be properly fact-checked?

What challenges does Biden face? You may be right though. Republicans tend to be challenged more by the state media.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Careful of what? You think NY rich boy Donald and his Republican predecessors weren't funded by even the mob itself (in the case of Nixon)?
JFK had mob connections, LBJ probably worked with the mob to kill JFK. The mob would hate Trump lol consider his lawyer literally send their bosses to jail lol.

Being funded by wall street individuals isn't in itself corruption, it's a legal donation to a campaign fund.
Great so Citizens United v FEC should be the law of the land right?
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

Didn't H L Mencken in 1920 predict the Trump presidency when he said:

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Is your heart beating with desire right now for Joe Biden as well?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
State media is state media....And was so when Trump was Head of State....And will be whilst Joe is President.

Not sure of your point.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
And was so when Trump was Head of State

There is only one appointed faceman for Establishment DC, and it sure as fuck isn't a sand kicker like Trump.
Trump was never head of the Deep State.

You may be right though. Republicans tend to be challenged more by the state media.

Especially the uppity ones rocking the boat.

Again: If a President isn't mentally challenged by Establishment Media, can he still be mentally challenged?

Quite the poser.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
You contradict yourself. JFK was enemy of the mob, try again.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ethang5
If they are idiots, how come the countries economy does better under Republican presidents? And is Biden the Democrats idea of a genius? Does reality matter to them? 
Your first question is a total lie. Every single time Republicans are in power for an extended period, the world trades less with and grows more resentful/hostile towards US the longer they remain in place.

Every single time a Democrat is in power, the opposite happens, this is universally true and the correlation has become stronger, not weaker, over time.

Your latter 2 questions are loaded and nonsensical. Noone said Biden is a genius in this thread. Geniuses are introverts almost always and introverts don't go into politics.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ethang5
If they are idiots, how come the countries economy does better under Republican presidents? 
Aside from the fact this is untrue, they often try to force a surge in GDP by sacrificing all other areas of concern politically. They inprove some superficial stats when really they've merely made life hell for the poor and just display that because companies pay less and don't need to clena up wate products, they have somehow done well. The oil leak Obama inherited was due to Bush era letting BP get away with massive breaches of ecological welfare responsibility. The lets BP spend less and say it has inproved US economy, Republicans love to cut corners.
Trent0405
Debates: 33
Trent0405
I decided to take a little look into this using the Corruption Perception Index, it documents corruption around the world from 1995 to 2020.

Clinton from 1995 to 2000 made America marginally less corrupt relative to the rest of the world, with America moving from 15th to 14th world wide.

The Bush era from 2000 to 2008 saw a regression in America's international standing, with America falling from 14th to 18th.

Obama's reign from 2008 to 2016 saw no improvement nor regression in America's corruption ranking, with America remaining at 18th.

Lastly, the Trump era from 2016 to 2020 saw a spectacular descension in America's international standing, with America falling from 18th to 25th.

Clinton +1
Bush -4
Obama +0
Trump -7
Reps -11   Dems +1

So Dems do appear to be less corrupt, but they only appear to marginally improve America's worldwide standing.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Trent0405
Now add on Reagan and Nixon, the fucking devils.
Trent0405
Trent0405
-->
@RationalMadman
I can try to find an index that stretches back a little farther, the one I used only went back to 1995.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@RationalMadman

Your first question is a total lie. 
After some research, you amended...

Aside from the fact this is untrue, they (Republicans) often try to force a surge in GDP by sacrificing all other areas of concern politically. 
You know it isn't a lie, and if you had support for your claim, you would have posted it. What you're doing here is attempting to pass your bias off as fact. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Trent0405
The fact that you think your post was logical, and worse, not ashamed to post it, shows that you will notunderstand the reason why it was ridiculously illogical. 
Trent0405
Trent0405
-->
@ethang5
The fact that you think your post was logical, and worse, not ashamed to post it, shows that you will not understand the reason why it was ridiculously illogical. 
Are you unhappy with the index I used? There was one flaw in my interpretation, I used America's ranking relative to the rest of the world, not America's actual score, this means that America might see no gain or loss in their corruption score but may still rise or fall in the rankings given the expected ebbing and flowing of the scores of the other countries. Also, my index merely looks at perceptions of corruption, not corruption itself, however there have been studies verifying the efficacy of my index in determining how corrupt a given international body is.

Could you please elaborate on what I said that is "ridiculously illogical".
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Trent0405
I'm sure you're a nice guy, but you will not understand the reason why your post was ridiculously illogical. Your last post confirms that. It would be a waste of my time to try and explain it to you, and you would probably come away feeling insulted, and that is not my intention. Have a good day!
Trent0405
Trent0405
-->
@ethang5
I'm sure you're a nice guy, but you will not understand the reason why your post was ridiculously illogical. Your last post confirms that. It would be a waste of my time to try and explain it to you, and you would probably come away feeling insulted, and that is not my intention. Have a good day!
I must say that I'm disappointed, I wasn't even trying to prove a point, I was just curious if RM was correct or not so I relied on a broad and reputable analysis to see if America became more or less corrupt under a Democrat relative to a Republican. If you don't want to talk (even though you started the conversation and ad hominem attacked me), I suppose I will disengage.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
You contradict yourself. JFK was enemy of the mob, try again.
They were buddies until they weren’t