Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 845
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Speedrace
NO. I said, I was weak, therefore I am a vanilla. I am NOT talking about the way Lunatic justified my actions

OK. We get why you're vanilla. But we're talking about how your character is considered town relative to the theme split. 
Elminster
Debates: 0
Elminster
-->
@MisterChris
Wf first. Read his post 
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
I'd rather stick with Speed as he's a known quantity at this point. We can go after wf tomorrow. I honestly don't see him pushing back this hard as scum.
MisterChris
MisterChris
These are the problems with your claim and justification

A.) You claimed 3 separate individuals as one whole group

B.) Everyone’s PM so far states that their character is a villain but their actions were justified by Lunatic in a perverted way. Yours doesn’t fit that per your own admission - more on that later below
This^^^^^^^^
Elminster
Elminster
-->
@drafterman
I only want to go with him if he doesn't claim. 

I typically agree. Speed is a much better choice. However his unwillingness to claim is hedging and waiting for other claims. 

I don't see a world where he claims a universe and we go "ooo it's that power role"

Unless it's like oro said. Paul blart lmao 

He needs to give the universe imo and then I'll go back to speed. 

If his universe does line up with what he's already tied himself to then we go him 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@whiteflame
In a sense, the hyenas were justified: they were starving and Scar goaded them on with promises of being able to thrive under his leadership. That seems like a justification to me. I'm not going to get into my character, but I will say that mine is justified in a certain light as well. In fact, I'd say the same is true of everyone who has role claimed up to this point. They're not anti-villains (villains who do wrong for the right reasons), but they all do appear to be villains who were pushed to action by circumstances that were beyond their control. 
True but I'm not certain this works, as the hyenas never had good intentions whereas I'm pretty sure most everyone who has claimed so far was good intentioned but misguided. 

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
I’m probably dead tonight anyway, though for the record, some universes actually include a role in the title. Oro gave a good example of that, and Elm seems to just be writing that off as a joke and claiming that my defensiveness means there’s only one main antagonist in my world. Great that so many of the rest of you got universes that don’t out your role. I wasn’t so lucky.
Elminster
Elminster
Someone please refute this if you don't vote him

We have a townie saying lynch me if you want I'm not claiming. 9/10 out of ten that is always scum. And every time wf has done this , he is scum 

He did this in live mafia and at the last second claimed Oracle or knowing every role in the game and got the roles wrong and we laughed and killed him. Wf does really bad under pressure as scum. We need to put pressure there and if something does not line up with what he said, we lynch him. If it makes sense we go speed. 

He's already claimed a high key pr now, so there is certainly no reason not to push. When you say I have a role and this gives it away you are the nk. 

There is literally no reason for him not to claim other than fear of a cc at this point. 

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Elminster
I’m NOT hedging to get more claims. I’m NOT pushing to get a single other claim this DP. And, if I somehow survive the NP, I’ll claim first thing in DP2. Doubt that’ll happen, but hey, if you want to handicap town just because you want an early lynch based on nothing more than an unwillingness to claim in DP1, don’t let me stop you. Have at it.

Elminster
Elminster
-->
@whiteflame
Also this is wrong

In that world paul blart would be scum. 

You need to have a world where the villan is the only villan and it ties to your claim. More than that , you are now saying the title likely has a villan in it 

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Elminster
Funny, because every time I’ve refused to claim as scum, I’ve at least come up with a bad fake claim just before you guys lynch me. You won’t get one this time. You either lynch me this DP without a claim, or you wait, plain and simple. 

Elminster
Elminster
-->
@whiteflame
Bro listen to what you are saying. What show / movie / whatever has a title (you just now added this to it) that is so obvious that it screams your role. 

I would buy this if it's a progtagonist

Paul blart , but Paul blart would be scum. 

I'm really interested to see wtf you are going to claim that now is 

1) suppose to be obvious by the title 
2) has a villan in it 
3) villan is likely the only villan you could infer
4) villan is so obvious it gives away your role 

Elminster
Elminster
Not that the Paul blart thing is serious or would be here. But as an example. Most stuff like that which would be so inferential is a progtagonist not a antagonist
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Elminster
...You know there are actual villains in Paul Blart, right? He’s not the only character in those movies.

And no, I did not say that the title has the villain in it. I said the title has the ROLE in it.
MisterChris
MisterChris
So I'm torn on WF. I understand what he's saying, in fact I pointed this out as well while back... That said, I really can't think of any universe in which the character + role would be both denoted instantly. I'm thinking we lynch Speed, as if Speed flips scum WF's fate is sealed anyways. But if Speed is town, that allows us to interrogate WF next DP, and if his universe denotes his character + role as easily as he says when he claims, he'd be most likely town. 

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@whiteflame
I’m probably dead tonight anyway, though for the record, some universes actually include a role in the title. Oro gave a good example of that, and Elm seems to just be writing that off as a joke and claiming that my defensiveness means there’s only one main antagonist in my world. Great that so many of the rest of you got universes that don’t out your role. I wasn’t so lucky.
Is it The Godfather?

oromagi
oromagi
TOWN
oromagi         (karate kid)
supadudz        Neagen                                   MILLER
greyparrot       Smeagol                                HIDER
elminster
ilikepie5          Magneto
whiteflame
speedrace      Shenzi & Banzai & Ed        VANILLA & VANILLA & VANILLA
mistercrhis
drafterman
coal
warren42        (GoT)
SCUM

Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@MisterChris
OK. We get why you're vanilla. But we're talking about how your character is considered town relative to the theme split. 
You do not know the theme split. You assume you do
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
So if you do not want to claim you are soft claiming a power role then I assume

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
I already said that my universe WILL OUT MY CHARACTER AND ROLE. What part of that was unclear?

Now you need to claim dude. You’re literally hinting at a power role. Mafia already know this. Claim.
whiteflame
whiteflame
*sigh* seriously, guys, while I appreciate the effort from Oro to guess it, I’m neither going to state nor confirm my universe, character or role this DP. If, like Mikal, that makes you so sus of me that you can’t wait to lynch me until DP2 when I will full claim at the start of the phase, unprompted, then lynch me and find out how much of a mistake you’re making. Like I said, after all this discussion, I have little doubt that I’ll be the target of the NK, anyway, so you’ll likely have me off your hands regardless.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@whiteflame
I’m NOT hedging to get more claims. I’m NOT pushing to get a single other claim this DP. And, if I somehow survive the NP, I’ll claim first thing in DP2. Doubt that’ll happen, but hey, if you want to handicap town just because you want an early lynch based on nothing more than an unwillingness to claim in DP1, don’t let me stop you. Have at it.
My boi
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Speedrace
You do not know the theme split. You assume you do

We have multiple lines of independent confirmation, making you an undeniable outlier and by far most likely to be scum. It's in town's interest to lynch you, as even should you flip town, we can use that info to sniff out false claims more effectively as it'll give us a better grasp of the split. 

Things would be different if you had a confirmable role, but this paired with your vanilla claim and the group thing.... yeah. 

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@ILikePie5
You wouldn’t have known to not claim a group. All you knew is you had to claim something evil based on Supa’s character and role. 

And you did try to mold it with the starving thing lol. It failed.
And scar is evil-based, is he not? So why would I eliminate scar as a possible claim, especially since he is a MUCH better one than the hyenas?
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@MisterChris
We have multiple lines of independent confirmation, making you an undeniable outlier and by far most likely to be scum. It's in town's interest to lynch you, as even should you flip town, we can use that info to sniff out false claims more effectively as it'll give us a better grasp of the split. 

Things would be different if you had a confirmable role, but this paired with your vanilla claim and the group thing.... yeah. 
I'm aware it's in town's interest to lynch me, but I'm saying y'all are acting like you know everything when you don't
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
Yeah, I’m likely dead anyway, but as far as I’m concerned, at this stage, it’s up to you guys how I die. Yes, I’m soft claiming a power role. That’s all I’m going to do. If that’s lynch worthy, then so be it.

oromagi
oromagi
I dont like the Hyenas claim but I'm also thinking that Speed is just about the best scum player I've seen.  It does not seem in character for him to lock himself into some super sus claim on the seventh post of the game unless he's town.
MisterChris
MisterChris
VTL Speed. 

I'm interested in what WF has to say but Speed is by far our best scum candidate.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
sigh* seriously, guys, while I appreciate the effort from Oro to guess it, I’m neither going to state nor confirm my universe, character or role this DP. If, like Mikal, that makes you so sus of me that you can’t wait to lynch me until DP2 when I will full claim at the start of the phase, unprompted, then lynch me and find out how much of a mistake you’re making. Like I said, after all this discussion, I have little doubt that I’ll be the target of the NK, anyway, so you’ll likely have me off your hands regardless.
Exactly so why tf would you not claim lol. What utility is given to town with you soft claiming a power role and then dying lol. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Speedrace
I'm aware it's in town's interest to lynch me, but I'm saying y'all are acting like you know everything when you don't
Says the person who was lambasting me for not knowing the theme when it was so obvious