Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 845
Elminster
Debates: 0
Elminster
-->
@Speedrace
The part about starving and being exiled ?
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I am going to unvote 

I have some pretty steady reasons.

1. We know that Lunatic has put in multiple entity characters in his games before according to drafter's recollection, which I verified to be to be true. Which means this wasn't a 1/2 minded attempt to fake claim

2. We know the risk of claiming a character that is an outlier that could be scum read. Speed admitted to this in the first post he made, suggesting he knew his character was an outlier and wanted to claim it in the same way an SOP claims due to the oddity

3. I do not think that Lunatic bastard modded the game to where there would be 2 characters from the same form of entertainment that are on opposite teams. The theme and characters are so vague and unknown, to have the same show for opposite teams would be considered bastard in my opinion for this type of game, where the characters are too vague to resort 2+ characters from the same show

3a. The more ideal thing for Speed to do is claim Scar, as it will draw less suspicion to his character, hence making it easier for him

3b. I personally think Speed did not look back 1 and 1/2 years into mafia within 6 minutes of the DP starting just to see if group entities are in the game so he could claim did this.

Furthermore, if Speed is scum and he did this, I would praise him, but I don't think that is the case

Ultimately, I think there's too much to risk with Speed claiming the oddity versus claiming Scar if he is scum and I don't think his scum teammate would allow that to happen depending on who he is with.

Vader
Vader
I have some grammar errors in that but I hope you get the jist
Vader
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
As someone who hates pursuing claims in DP1, too soft claim a power role is ultimately claiming you have a role and you would've been dead either way. In forum you will be pressured for it
Elminster
Elminster
The part that gets me with speed is him changing the justification. He's said 2 different things now. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
1. We know that Lunatic has put in multiple entity characters in his games before according to drafter's recollection, which I verified to be to be true. Which means this wasn't a 1/2 minded attempt to fake claim
I already talked about this. In the game Drafter refers to, the 2 scum had group roles. The only townie that had a group role was the JOAT. Speed isn’t the JOAT here.

2. We know the risk of claiming a character that is an outlier that could be scum read. Speed admitted to this in the first post he made, suggesting he knew his character was an outlier and wanted to claim it in the same way an SOP claims due to the oddity
Where’d he say he was doing that for SOP? How would he have known it was an outlier at the time?

3. I do not think that Lunatic bastard modded the game to where there would be 2 characters from the same form of entertainment that are on opposite teams. The theme and characters are so vague and unknown, to have the same show for opposite teams would be considered bastard in my opinion for this type of game, where the characters are too vague to resort 2+ characters from the same show
Sure. That doesn’t go away from the fact that Speed could just be claiming his actual character. Or maybe he’s Scar and decided to fake claim Hyenas from the get go.

3a. The more ideal thing for Speed to do is claim Scar, as it will draw less suspicion to his character, hence making it easier for him
To do that he’d have to know the theme which he didn’t know. Soft claiming his actual role in an easy theme would probably be suicide. He couldn’t have know the theme from just the Miller claiming anyways.

3b. I personally think Speed did not look back 1 and 1/2 years into mafia within 6 minutes of the DP starting just to see if group entities are in the game so he could claim did this.
Doesn’t mean anything. The reason why he’s sus if the justification he’s giving, which is not even close
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Elminster
The part about starving and being exiled ?
That’s what I’ve been saying. He backtracked that part so hard. He’s trying to different between what’s in his role PM and justification supposedly.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Vote Count:

Speedrace- 3 /6- drafter, misterchris, iLikePie5
iLikePie5- 2 /6- Speedrace, oromagi
Elminster- 1 /6- Whiteflame
Drafter- 1 /6- Greyparrot

Not Voting:  Coal, Warren42, elminster, supadudz

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Speedrace
Wth does your PM say dude. Put everything paraphrased

MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
NO MORE CLAIMING THIS DP. Holy shit.

MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
Unvote.

With town so vulnerable, we've got to think about this more carefully now. 

Pie's point about Speed claiming before we knew the split got me to look back, and Speed hinted literally within the first 10 mins of the DP about his role being multiple people... 

It's not beyond Speed to fake claim multiple people as scum. But what I think IS beyond him is soft claiming multiple people within the first 10 mins of DP1, therefore limiting your options severely. 

Elminster
Elminster
Also I don't buy this vulnerable town thing. We accidentally force one power role to claim and all of a sudden everyone thinks the game is over. It's literally standard pressure in mafia. You pick someone and pressure to get anything. When you get a pr by accident , there are workarounds. That why game balance exists 
Vader
Vader
-->
@Elminster
In general I dislike claims in Dp1
Elminster
Elminster
-->
@Vader
If you don't press claims you no lynch. That's nonsense 

Town has to lynch as many times as they can. It's their weapon. Unless numbers allow otherwise. But you want to maximize how many lims you get. So if you have to lynch, you are inevitably going to have to claim. Because the person on the block will have to out. It's just standard mafia 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
There are three options for Speed’s character

1.) He is in fact The Hyenas

Maybe Speed claimed his actual role here even when he didn’t have to. If he’s The Hyenas he’s scum or a Town JOAT based on Lunatic’s game with group characters. He’s not the Town JOAT so he’s scum. The fact he was claiming multiple people would be SOP ig

2.) He is Scar

His real role is Scar but he has to claim another character because he’s afraid that saying Scar would help with the thematical analysis of the game. He couldn’t claim a positive role cause Supa’s character was negative

3.) He is a protagonist from Lion King

He definitely wouldn’t have claimed this. So he was forced to choose villains. He could’ve picked Scar or Hyenas or any other villain.

The main problem here is the PM justification which definitely does not fit in any way with my role. There’s so much Lunatic could’ve talked about especially considering there are 3 Hyenas but his PM is short as hell. Plus look at the whole starving thing. He back tracked on that so hard.
Elminster
Elminster
Going to sit back and let speed say his entire justification in detail and re read. The one thing mafia have going for them is when town is active and in the wrong direction they can slide by and it greatly benefits them. 

Going to take this time to reflect and read back and let speed actually paraphrase his justification in detail 

Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Elminster
That's all it says ?
For my justification, otherwise it says the stuff about us being kicked out and starving and other animals being on a high horse
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Elminster
The part that gets me with speed is him changing the justification. He's said 2 different things now.
Nooooooooooooooooooooo

All the stuff about being weak is my justification for being vanilla

All the stuff about starving and what not is in my PM, but it is NOT my role justification
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@ILikePie5
Wth does your PM say dude. Put everything paraphrased
"You're hyenas, you got kicked out and starved, other animals on high horse, you try to act tough but couldn't beat a warthog and meerkay, you're vanilla"
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
Just to confirm, you’re the Lt. Harris from the 1984 movie right?
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Speedrace- 2 /6- drafter, iLikePie5
iLikePie5- 2 /6- Speedrace, oromagi
Elminster- 1 /6- Whiteflame
Drafter- 1 /6- Greyparrot

Not Voting:  Coal, Warren42, elminster, supadudz, misterchris

Elminster
Elminster
-->
@Speedrace
I somewhat buy this in this format. It still gives you a justification
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
The description doesn’t include a year, but it is specific to Police Academy and not to its sequels, so that should refer to the 1984 movie.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Elminster
Most folks saw an obvious theme split once they saw Supa + GP post, but not you:
I posted in the middle of work, and yes, I didn't have a chance to give it much in the way of thought beyond "TV and movie characters"

You know the show but not the character so you are a TV show and probably a long running one with lots of character changes, I suppose.
I honestly haven't watched this one before, but that may be the case.

—————————————

The description doesn’t include a year, but it is specific to Police Academy and not to its sequels, so that should refer to the 1984 movie.

Thoughts?
Elminster
Elminster
-->
@ILikePie5
The issue I have with speed specifically was because of the lack of a justification. But one could be there and he just not see it. 

Hyenas all these other animals on their high horse tried to exile you but you just wanted food because you were starving. You coudnt kill a meerkat and the pig thing. You are town 

It kinda follows the framework so far. 

The issue with whiteflame is a un counterclaimed cop. Unless there is a mafia stipulation / role that tells them what's in the game. I'm not sure how else to explain the lack of a cc

Elminster
Elminster
I mean maybe Connor is bastard modding and didn't "give" them fake claims but they have a role where it tells them what's in the game.

But if that's the case I'd just chalk this game up to bastard mod

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
If Elm had said Wicked Witch of the West from the novel or the musical Wicked I would call her a quite shades-of-grey character but the Wicked Witch of the West from the LF Baum books or the classic movie is an unequivocal as well as literal black hat.  Seems a bit out of pocket with the rest of theme we've seen.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@oromagi
I think it's fairly easy to justify her actions in the movie. Dorothy did in fact steal her property and she was just trying to get what was rightfully hers back.
coal
coal
If I wasn't reasonably confident Pie is telling the truth about his claim, I'd be pushing his lynch right now based on behavior.

Right now, MisterChris is who I want to hear more from.

He has been hiding in the shadows.  It's time to step into the light. 

VOTE: MisterChris
coal
coal
-->
@drafterman
Are you still pursuing the speed lynch, or can we move onto something productive?