Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 845
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
Another false accusation.  The first thing I typed in this game was that I am both Karate Kid/Cobra Kai- which you have just agreed makes me both, which you have failed to note I've been saying all along.
If you’re Johnny Lawrence you physically can’t be. He’s an antagonist in one and protagonist in the other. Which one is in your PM?

Why do you keep making shit up about me?  Why won't you answer the question that started this?
I already have. Read.

Why did you edit out my claim to be both FIlm and TV?  What were you thinking?  What advantage did you hope to gain?
It fits with my thematic theory that you could be from a TV show. I thought you were tryin to play both sides of the game by claiming a tv show and a movie. This whole dilemma has a simple solution. Wtf is in your PM.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
Another false accusation.  The first thing I typed in this game was that I am both Karate Kid/Cobra Kai- which you have just agreed makes me both, which you have failed to note I've been saying all along.
It’s factually correct that Johnny Lawrence was the antagonist in Karate Kid and is the protagonist in Cobra Kai. Which Johnny are you? You can’t be both cause you seem to believe that it’s protagonist vs antagonist 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
--> @oromagi
If you’re Johnny Lawrence you physically can’t be. He’s an antagonist in one and protagonist in the other. Which one is in your PM?
Again, read the first sentence I wrote in this game.  Also, POST#540- "TUF specifically mentions both the tv show and the movie."

. I thought you were tryin to play both sides of the game by claiming a tv show and a movie.

So you edited my movie and tv show claim to just tv show?  That doesn't make any sense.  If you really thought I was trying to play both sides you would  highlight the fact that I was the only one claiming both (at that time).  But you did the opposite, you edited the film claim out to make 3 neat TV claims- as in 3 scum.

So that's another falsehood- that's obviously not what you were thinking.  Want to try again?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
Which Johnny are you?

POST #138
"I think that's interesting because my character is definitely a more 'shades of grey' character and TUF invested a lot of text in spelling out that complexity."

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
Again, read the first sentence I wrote in this game. 
Sure you said your show was Karate Kid/Cobra Kai. By saying show you’re saying it’s exclusively Cobra Kai right? 

Also, POST#540- "TUF specifically mentions both the tv show and the movie."
Wth are you even talking about? How is this even related?

So you edited my movie and tv show claim to just tv show? That doesn't make any sense. If you really thought I was trying to play both sides you would highlight the fact that I was the only one claiming both (at that time). But you did the opposite, you edited the film claim out to make 3 neat TV claims- as in 3 scum.

So that's another falsehood- that's obviously not what you were thinking.  Want to try again?
Lol, it wasnt be who was backtracking it was you. You were the one who just put Karate Kid next to your name after claiming your show was Karate Kid/Cobra Kai in post 371. Why’d you do that? If you could do that why couldn’t I just put your show? 

POST #138
"I think that's interesting because my character is definitely a more 'shades of grey' character and TUF invested a lot of text in spelling out that complexity."
Its a simple yes or no question. Does your PM mention things from both Karate Kid and Cobra Kai or just one of them?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
Pie seems to be flailing:

Also, POST#540- "TUF specifically mentions both the tv show and the movie."
Wth are you even talking about? How is this even related?

Two sentences later:

Does your PM mention things from both Karate Kid and Cobra Kai or just one of them?

oromagi
oromagi
I got to say I'm seeing a lot of mileage in this theme split.  Lots of characters who start out as villains but get better as the narrative progresses.

But speed and elm don't really fit this pattern.  If warren is not Tyrion or Jaime I think I'd want to know that now.  I wonder whether coal or draft think they fit that pattern

TOWN
oromagi          Johnny Lawrence
supadudz        Neagen                                        MILLER
greyparrot       Smeagol                                   HIDER
whiteflame     Lt. Thaddeus Harris               BOMB
ilikepie5          Magneto
warren42        (GoT)
misterchris      How the Grinch stole Chrismister
drafterman     (film)
coal                   (film)
speedrace      Shenzi & Banzai & Ed             VANILLA & VANILLA & VANILLA
elminster       Wicked Witch of the West
SCUM

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Right now I have a slight lean scum on Pie. He's being more active, which means he's either a PR or Scum
oromagi
oromagi
SUPADUDZ' FIRST LAW of PIE

Vader
Vader
-->
@oromagi
This would throw a dent into the entirety of Pie's theory since there would be Movies v TV Shows, but you are a combination of the two, so how would that be possible for theme split. If everyone is either movie or tv then you would have a character matches both, but in a different series. That would make no sense. I am going to ignore Pie's theme split theorizing
Vader
Vader
I actually start to scum read Pie a bit more for this. To change the conversation of a theme that town itself decided as true is sketchy.

I also am sketchy of MisterChris's claim. While the Grinch does turn good, I also think it could be an easy fake claim for someone who wasn't paying attention. Also my PM states that my character did bad things, but then justifies the actions, then states I turned positive. How would justify the Grinch's action before turning good? He was just a fucking dick 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
Right now I have a slight lean scum on Pie. He's being more active, which means he's either a PR or Scum
I thought we got rid of that a long time ago lol. I remember me being inactive af in a recent game where I was mafia lol. But go right ahead
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
This would throw a dent into the entirety of Pie's theory since there would be Movies v TV Shows, but you are a combination of the two, so how would that be possible for theme split. If everyone is either movie or tv then you would have a character matches both, but in a different series. That would make no sense. I am going to ignore Pie's theme split theorizing
That’s exactly what I’m saying. Forget about my theme for a second and let’s go to what we had before: Protagonists vs Antagonists. Oro claimed Johnny Lawrence that’s a Protagonist in Cobra Kai. He’s also claiming Karate Kid though where he was an antagonist. How in Neptune does this make sense
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
I actually start to scum read Pie a bit more for this. To change the conversation of a theme that town itself decided as true is sketchy.
Who said I changed it lol, I’m just theorizing. Oro is the one being defensive about it especially when he’s harping me about only putting Cobra Kai when on his list he only put Karate Kid long before.

If you’re saying that the theme is Protagonist vs Antagonist, Oro’s role is literally a Protagonist in Cobra Kai lol. 

I also am sketchy of MisterChris's claim. While the Grinch does turn good, I also think it could be an easy fake claim for someone who wasn't paying attention. Also my PM states that my character did bad things, but then justifies the actions, then states I turned positive. How would justify the Grinch's action before turning good? He was just a fucking dick 
It says he was an antagonist in the Wiki. Could be scum though if retards are writing the wiki. This is why I fuckin hate English dude. It’s so subjective based on the perspective at times. Either way I would wager there’s at least 2 scum between Oro, Warren, Polar, and Chris.
Vader
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
That’s exactly what I’m saying. Forget about my theme for a second and let’s go to what we had before: Protagonists vs Antagonists. Oro claimed Johnny Lawrence that’s a Protagonist in Cobra Kai. He’s also claiming Karate Kid though where he was an antagonist. How in Neptune does this make sense
This was inaccurate and Oromagi showed you that it was inaccurate. In his first post in #47, he said that his show was Karate Kid/Cobra Kai
Vader
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
Well the Wiki labels him as antagonist, but he returns the gifts thus making him the protag. But not til the last 2 minutes

My concern is how tf do you justify the Grinch's behavior. My pm says the bad shit, the justifiction of the bad shit, and then the turn. How do you jusitfy the Grinch just stealing presents and fucking with people? I don't get it
Vader
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
And with Chris being inactive and barely skimming DP, I know we discussed the PM's and how the bad was justified. It seems like to claim he didn't read that part and thought of a basic claim that everyone would know about good turning bad
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
This was inaccurate and Oromagi showed you that it was inaccurate. In his first post in #47, he said that his show was Karate Kid/Cobra Kai
How is it inaccurate. The character is the same but he switches from being the Antagonist in the Karate Kid movie to being the Protagonist in the Cobra Kai TV show.

Well the Wiki labels him as antagonist, but he returns the gifts thus making him the protag. But not til the last 2 minutes
No offense but don’t think you know the difference between a protagonist and antagonist lol

My concern is how tf do you justify the Grinch's behavior. My pm says the bad shit, the justifiction of the bad shit, and then the turn. How do you jusitfy the Grinch just stealing presents and fucking with people? I don't get it
Well you’re the Miller. You’re supposed to be in between scum and town. Town is full of antagonists. Your character is know for being the Antagonist but then he becomes a protagonist during the Whisperer Arc.

And with Chris being inactive and barely skimming DP, I know we discussed the PM's and how the bad was justified. It seems like to claim he didn't read that part and thought of a basic claim that everyone would know about good turning bad
It’s very possible as I mentioned earlier. I still don’t understand how Oro is claiming to be a character like Harry Osbone and saying Spider Man 1 and Spider Man 3. Harry is completely different in each minor protagonist in first and antagonist in latter
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Vote Count:

iLikePie5- 2 /6- Speedrace, oromagi
Elminster- 1 /6- Whiteflame
Drafter- 1 /6- Greyparrot
Oromagi- 1/6-  iLikePie5
MisterChris- 1/6- drafterman

Not Voting:   Warren42, elminster, supadudz, misterchris, coal

Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
About 26 hours remaining.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Unvote

All of this vote changing smells of scum flailing but I can't tell from whom yet.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Vader
How would justify the Grinch's action before turning good? He was just a fucking dick 
Well I told you how Lunatic did it. That says nothing about whether we should agree with what he said. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@ILikePie5
It’s so subjective based on the perspective at times. 
If this is the case, why should we base the entire theme split on it? I feel like with the characters we've got, it doesn't make a lot of sense to be so rigid. if we WANT to be rigid, we should target Speed if anyone, although I don't think he's scum rn. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@drafterman
I just realized: You'd normally be all over this. Lots has gone down. You are a LOT more lax than usual. Why is that?
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@MisterChris
All over what?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@drafterman
Can you advise whether your character is

• a villain who improves over narrative
  • bad from start to finish
    • or
  • good?

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@coal

Can you advise whether your character is

• a villain who improves over narrative
  • bad from start to finish
    • or
  • good?

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@oromagi
I would say he is "bad" throughout, but ends up being considered more sympathetic at the end than the beginning.
coal
coal
-->
@oromagi
My character comes from a series that I do not have extensive familiarity with, because I am not a fan and have not seen the movie(s) in which this character is the primary antagonist.  Though I have seen some movies within the universe, my preference has always been for a different universe.   

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@coal
-> @oromagi
My character comes from a series that I do not have extensive familiarity with, because I am not a fan and have not seen the movie(s) in which this character is the primary antagonist.  Though I have seen some movies within the universe, my preference has always been for a different universe.   

And yet we know how likely it is that you have googled your subject to the minimal extent necessary to answer my question, which you have elected to ignore.

Would you say your character is a figurative black hat, white hat, or shades of grey?