Simple yet accurate political quiz. America/modern-day specific. 2 Options per question, 9 outcomes.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 50
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@3RU7AL
Political Compass gives me a libertarian stance even when I answer 100% honest without 'tweaking' based on stats.

So, if you consider me authoritarian, take it up with the quiz.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@3RU7AL
By the way, you think far too simplistic. I use a VPN nearly 24/7 for my general browsing and value privacy and protection against abusive governments more than you know. I know what is at stake and that often too much freedom allows a new bunch of thugs to violently overthrow and take reigns because they were 'free' to do so without enough obstacles in place to safeguard the people.

You think it's all so simple because you think 'freedom' isn't self-defeating at any times.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@RationalMadman
So, it would seem that even though our positions are an exact match on your political survey, this glosses over our significant disagreements on personal privacy.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@3RU7AL
Exactly. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@3RU7AL
I value personal privacy, I also am willing to surrender it if it comes down to reason to suspect me. I'm a reasonable guy in many respects and my views reflect that, across the board.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RationalMadman
Political Compass gives me a libertarian stance even when I answer 100% honest without 'tweaking' based on stats.

So, if you consider me authoritarian, take it up with the quiz.
It sounds like you're a functional libertarian who still has faith that a "good king" is the ideal option.

Bad invasions of privacy are bad.

Good invasions of privacy are good.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@3RU7AL
Yes that is 100% my stance.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RationalMadman
Exactly. 
Do you still believe your "left" vs. "right" one-dimensional scale is better than the alternative (4 quadrant map)?

Just based on this one brief conversation, I wouldn't personally say we are an "exact match" politically speaking.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RationalMadman
Yes that is 100% my stance.
You're not getting a result that matches your self-image because your position is incoherent.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RationalMadman
I use a VPN nearly 24/7 for my general browsing and value privacy and protection against abusive governments
Does your VPN provider have your credit card info?
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
I would not say it is at all accurate, I didn't agree with either choice on the majority of the questions and most choices are just regurgitated, establishment political/media talking points. 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@sadolite
That is fine, pick the one closer to your view, not the one you agree with.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@3RU7AL
Yes, and it would take one look at my devices to know I use a VPN, I am not ashamed? There are nations where it's illegal, those nations have very high privacy for the people in charge, do you now see how it works?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@3RU7AL
You're not getting a result that matches your self-image because your position is incoherent.
No, you just can't comprehend it, there is a difference between coherence in your perception and the actual capacity to make coherent sense of it if one thought differently.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@3RU7AL
Do you still believe your "left" vs. "right" one-dimensional scale is better than the alternative (4 quadrant map)?
Lol. I see more dimensions, not less. I also understand that it's impractical to have a 20-scaled system of political belief differences when discussing which political stance one supports more or less than another. there's more than four, not less, and I also would like you to know that auth vs lib is not a genuine scale, instead auth vs lib in the political compass is an illusion and isn't a scale at all. A person can be very authoritarian on one issue and extremely anarchic/libertarian on another.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RationalMadman
But they advance to the last switch, 450 volts, a dangerous severe shock, XXX, because they're politely told to.

The results are terrifying and depressing.

They suggest that the kind of character produced in American society can't be counted on to insulate its citizens from brutality, and inhumane treatment in response to a malevolent authority. [LINK]
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RationalMadman
A person can be very authoritarian on one issue and extremely anarchic/libertarian on another.
Please explain.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@3RU7AL
A person can be very authoritarian on one issue and extremely anarchic/libertarian on another.
Please explain.
What is your stance on businesses and the people who rank high in them?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@3RU7AL
I am aware of the Milgram experiment and actually I am the type of guy who would literally say 'fuck this keep the money' and walk out of the experiment even threatening to report them to the police if they tried to stop me walking out.

That being said, I don't deny that most comply, nor do I see how that proves any point you've made. The movie is wrong, it has nothing to do with American society, the average human being is compliant to authority, it will always be the baseline because in the past people who weren't team players either were killed off or at least were isolated and didn't get a wife/husband to reproduce with and spread their seed. The is is why in all cultures, I am fairly certain that the majority would comply. 
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@RationalMadman
That's just it, neither option is close.  The choices are to  broad and one size fits all.