Trolley problem

Author: Intelligence_06

Total: 159
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
I think that's more of a "rational" choice than a purely instinctive (moral) choice.
Morals an be arrived at rationally and with Swarm A.I. we are given exactly those kinds of choices out in front of potential arriving situations in future.

It is BECAUSE an infant needs more protection that our instincts (generally) more strongly coax us to protect infants.
Yes, I agree and it is those instincts that kick in more in some than others, altho when our own detriment is involved in situations where we may have a minute or seconds more to consider our options we may be allowed to override Swarm AI primary codes.

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@ebuc
Yes, I agree and it is those instincts that kick in more in some than others, altho when our own detriment is involved in situations where we may have a minute or seconds more to consider our options we may be allowed to override Swarm AI primary codes.
I agree.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ebuc
Good concept, tho without input of all humans ---ergo all human cultures---, we may still have some parts of the Trinary Core Code that have uncalled for cracks in the code.
I have a feeling the underlying AXIOMS (moral instincts) are very similar for all social mammals.
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
I have a feeling the underlying AXIOMS (moral instincts) are very similar for all social mammals.
Ergo the three kinds of brain;

1. Reptilian or Primal Brain (Basal Ganglia)
  2. Paleomammalian or Emotional Brain (Limbic System)
  3. Neomammalian or Rational Brain (Neocortex)
All three have nervous associated nervous system of feelings.  Humans just have additional factors of accessing Metaphysical-1{ spirit-1 } mind/intellect/concepts

Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@3RU7AL
Please provide a specific example.
Do I really need to provide a specific example of someone thinking about doing something before they actually do it?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Reece101
Please provide a specific example.
Do I really need to provide a specific example of someone thinking about doing something before they actually do it?
Do you ever cause harm when your intentions are morally pure?

Do pure intentions (or ignorance of the law) absolve an agent from unintended (or unforseen) consequences?
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@3RU7AL
Do you ever cause harm when your intentions are morally pure?

Do pure intentions (or ignorance of the law) absolve an agent from unintended (or unforseen) consequences?
“The thing is morality is the distinction between right and wrong, not what is right or wrong (It’s situational).”

How about you directly address this instead of pivoting towards law which isn’t a moral agent. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Reece101
If you don't know the consequences of your actions (like buying clothes made with slave labor) are you still morally culpable for those actions?
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@3RU7AL
I would consider that amoral. It’s not black or white.