WWII Nations Mafia Endgame

Author: MisterChris

Total: 56
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
With no way left for a town victory, Mafia WINS!

Both Mafia and Town had some major slip-ups/bad luck, but everyone played their hardest (RIP Speed) and the end result was a very nail-biting finale. 

Good game!

P.S. As this is my first game, I would appreciate any and all feedback regarding setup.

P.P.S. I did in fact mess up Supa's PM and messaged him a correction. The reason I didn't disclose this was because ultimately it meant the difference between mafia and town winning, and I didn't want to show favoritism (plus mafia just about threatened to quit if that happened). I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts on whether a WATCHER should be able to see self-visits. My thinking was that since the WATCHER notes each person that targeted their watch target with a role, if the target targets themselves with a role, it is equivalent. I want to hear other people's thoughts though. 

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@MisterChris
I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts on whether a WATCHER should be able to see self-visits. My thinking was that since the WATCHER notes each person that targeted their watch target with a role, if the target targets themselves with a role, it is equivalent. I want to hear other people's thoughts though. 
Definitely should. Same thing with trackers, etc
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@MisterChris
In the future, you should alert town. I felt like this leaned scum due to the double sop plus only 2 investigative roles that can be countered by an RB and then the JOAT that can manipulate results

Otherwise not bad. It's your first time and you did a great job
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
Well, if I'm ever in a tight jam as scum, I want Mikal and Lunatic as my partners. Outstanding effort, guys.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
In the future, you should alert town. I felt like this leaned scum due to the double sop plus only 2 investigative roles that can be countered by an RB and then the JOAT that can manipulate results

Balance was fine. Town was just retarded. Wtf were y’all thinking when you lynched Mikal DP2 it was literally 7-2. You would’ve been fine if you mislynched someone.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
Well, if I'm ever in a tight jam as scum, I want Mikal and Lunatic as my partners. Outstanding effort, guys.
Why didn’t you claim Poland?
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
We were saving that claim for Intel/Mikal because we thought it would fit better as vanilla, since Mikal was a goon. Also, that would have just passed the buck for the fake claim. It may still have been a better idea, but I really didn't think Greece would be out there. I was expecting Australia or one of the Low Countries instead.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
I really wouldn’t have suspected Luna. Should definitely have lynched Mikal. My bad.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
We were saving that claim for Intel/Mikal because we thought it would fit better as vanilla, since Mikal was a goon. Also, that would have just passed the buck for the fake claim. It may still have been a better idea, but I really didn't think Greece would be out there. I was expecting Australia or one of the Low Countries instead.
Maybe Lunatic shouldn’t have proposed the mass claim idea xD
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
I really wouldn’t have suspected Luna. Should definitely have lynched Mikal. My bad.
It’s all good man, at least you learned something today
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader

Alerting town would have confirmed you. And plus the self visit should not have showed up on the report anyway so there was no mistake :)
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
It was a calculated risk. It was clearly the best play for town, so we gambled that it was more likely we'd look towny by supporting it early than that one of us would be CC'ed. We lost the gamble, but it probably would have worked 80% of the time.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
I called out Mexico so hard DP1. The Poland Sensor claim was also garbage. Oro unfortunately couldn’t capitalize on that because he was the Miller :/
Lunatic
Lunatic
This isnt the right thread to discuss meta about self visits on watcher reports though, town will want to have some confirmation bias based on the way things went in game. but In general I dont think they should because how can someone visit themselves?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Alerting town would have confirmed you. And plus the self visit should not have showed up on the report anyway so there was no mistake :)
Gotta disagree with you there. It’s like the only way to see Lawyers self selecting and stuff lol
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
You were right about Mexico. Norway or Denmark would have been a better fake claim.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
This isnt the right thread to discuss meta about self visits on watcher reports though, town will want to have some confirmation bias based on the way things went in game. but In general I dont think they should because how can someone visit themselves?
They set a camera in their own house so if a Doctor visits them they see the doctor and if scum try to kill the watcher they see that shit too
Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
I thought the same thing too tbh
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
You were right about Mexico. Norway or Denmark would have been a better fake claim.
For sure, sucks I died first :(. I love WWII
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
Chris shouldn't have given it because it made Supa look scummier, especially since he wouldn't confirm
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Speedrace
Chris shouldn't have given it because it made Supa look scummier, especially since he wouldn't confirm
No one was on supa but me lol
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
I died first. Well, it was Murphy's law that the WW2 buffs would die first.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
I was actually the one that reminded Chris to tell Supa about the self visit 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
I died first. Well, it was Murphy's law that the WW2 buffs would die first.
Sad life
Vader
Vader
Please do not ask why I went for Elm1 in the night it is not my proudest moment
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Vader
In the future, you should alert town.
I would have if it didn't town-confirm you... that was the big thing. it felt like too much of an intervention 

I felt like this leaned scum due to the double sop plus only 2 investigative roles that can be countered by an RB and then the JOAT that can manipulate results
Actually scum got REALLY close to throwing the game a few times. This game was close and it looked bad for mafia for a while there. 
Speedrace
Speedrace
WF's heart was in the right place at least, but GP didn't even try lol
Speedrace
Speedrace
I swear GP only plays well if I'm scum and he's town bruh it's not fair
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->