What is the agenda God has behind creating us?

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 20
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
I believe god created us for entertainment purposes. I believe in a rather deistic god overall. How about you?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
@RatMan

To facilitate the perpetuation of the universal sequence.

I would suggest that the GOD principle, is the ultimate accumulation of all necessary knowledge.....As such, GOD initiates a process that will eventually create us (or something similar), and we are a part of the same process that will eventually recreate GOD....And so on, until such times, when the process fails and the sequence is broken.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
Just another way of posing my old favorite question that I have been posing  to Christians for decades and on this forum since I joined:  

WHY, did god create anything at all in the first place?  

The bible itself offers only one single possible explanation for our own creation.  Just one.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
Does the RatMan block you too?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
Yep.  After telling  me  " You are an interesting poster.,#40  He apologised to me #41, then blocked me about 8 months ago. #42 
Which is a shame, as this is a very interesting discussion to have, as long as you know the scriptures of course.

But most of those here that claim to have read the bible, never have read it for themselves of by themselves. , Vic.

I posed a very similar question on the this forum a few times,  as I mentioned above #3. No one took it on at the time. 

It looks like someone has simply rearranged my question and posed it themselves,  and good for them.  I will be interested in any responses, or better still,  fact supported answers that this thread attracts.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06

I believe that the universe itself is a field of consciousness and energy and the universe itself is god. Yes, we are part of God.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Intelligence_06
And what about "gods agenda"? As per OP
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Stephen
Expanding the universe, I guess
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
I think that I am saying something similar......Though I work both expansion and contraction into my hypothesis.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
I think god is actually bored of being so powerful, it must get boring to literally be unbeatable, the joy of domination in games comes from the fact that you could be beaten if you played it worse.
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
I don't know. I can only think of human reasons (bored, lonely etc) I might not be able to think of God reasons, or if I am capable. I assume, for no particular reason, that God has attributes, like emotions etc that I can't comprehend.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@janesix
I assume, for no particular reason, that God has attributes, like emotions etc that I can't comprehend.

Not too sure about that Jayne.  From my understanding humans  are ten a penny and disposable to a god that doesn't flinch at the killing of children. Have you never read the 50 lines that make up the short sad story of Job, said by god to be "a perfect and an upright man"?  Job 1.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Stephen
I'm not a Christian, and have no reason to believe God is the Abrahamic God.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@janesix
Most peoples GODS, relate to the same unknown reason for everything.

And most theistic  systems have  accompanying folklore, fantasy and ritual.

It's the human condition...We worry about the unknown and develop coping strategies.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@janesix
From my understanding humans  are ten a penny and disposable to a god that doesn't flinch at the killing of children. Have you never read the 50 lines that make up the short sad story of Job, said by god to be "a perfect and an upright man"?  Job 1.

I'm not a Christian, and have no reason to believe God is the Abrahamic God.

I didn't ask you if you were a Christian Jane. I asked you if you had read a short  story about a god that Christians do believe in and worship.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Stephen
probably, but I don't remember. Why?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@janesix
probably, but I don't remember. Why?

Because above you spoke of   "God has attributes, like emotions that I can't comprehend"#11.   To which I relied:

From my understanding humans  are ten a penny and disposable to a god that doesn't flinch at the killing of children. Have you never read the 50 lines that make up the short sad story of Job, said by god to be "a perfect and an upright man"?  Job 1.#12

i.e god shows absolutely no emotions when it comes to humans and his own ego, see Job 1..
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@RationalMadman
I believe that he likes to go to Strip Clubs.  Remember, Man was made in his image.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@RationalMadman
I believe god created us for entertainment purposes.

In nutshell that's correct. God also has a creative quality which is innate to consciousness which will always seek to express itself in some form or another, hence "creation". God existing in an alone state eventually will desire to experience something totally contrived. The most ingenious thing is the way God figured out how to mask consciousness from Itself creating the illusion of duality and separation which appears through perception as being independent from God. You may ask yourself why? obviously to experience something other than being alone.

Consciousness is "separated" or divided through ranges of vibrational frequencies confined by form within creation, and God having access to each form can observe endless experiences through Its own creation. So God gets more than just watching, but also being the player....while also being the Creator of both the simulations and any being God wishes to create and put in that simulation. It's far better than any video game though, just imagine a video game that you could literally upload yourself into and literal be inside that game. This real life game has far more depth than a video game, far more features, far more characters, far more levels, far more places to play and the cool part is that each character or player has it's own objective, purpose and goal.

Now imagine all that but one more really cool element that stands out from any movie or game! the actual characters of the game begin to take on their own personas, attitudes, egos, attributes and character as they experience the game they take on their own perceptions and beliefs. What does this do? for one it gives God fresh experiences rather than being a movie director where the scripts and plays are completely written out in advance the characters instead are acting independent of the Creators knowledge. This is perhaps the most remarkable feature of creation, one in which God really enjoys and invests in.
So even though God has set the stage and created simulations, the dynamics of perceptions through consciousness created through varying experiences generates a unique and genuine experience that God can observe, so everything you do God gets to do. Isn't that badazz?

I believe in a rather deistic god overall. How about you?

There's all kinds of gods, goddesses, demigods, overlords, rulers ect ect and all these beings come out of the same Reality and are set up in many parts of God's creation as watchers that souls can experience and sojourn with. They are simply expressions of God's power and creativity. For God to be able to express Itself there must be an outlet for God to do that. In creation, God wants to be all different things and have endless types of experiences. From servant to Master all things go and all make for variances of experiences, nothing is too small and nothing is too great.
Most people don't know that polytheism is compatible with deism and monotheism! folks assume it's either one or the other but not so...many gods come out of One God.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Humans and gods are a product of nature and evolution. The creative force that started life and natural laws is not really aware. It's just life.  Creation stories in myth are to show that man is capable of comprehending abstract  concepts and learning how the universe works with and through the gods.