How Does Jesus Expect To Get Away With Blatant Lies....

Author: Stephen

Total: 105
Bringerofrain
Debates: 7
Bringerofrain
-->
@fauxlaw
What he says almost seems like word salad. A lot of schizophrenics have religious fixations and write in pretty incomprehensible ways like him. The thing that bothers me, is that I have seen people like that get better just by taking lithium every single day and yet a lot of them refuse to do so. I just hope if it ever happens to me, somebody forces me to take my medicine. I have never seen a schizophrenic actually prefer the delusional state over the same state of being. I don't want to insult him. I feel genuinely bad for him and want him to seek help. However I think you are right. I'm better off if prong him as he likely won't take my advice to actually start taking his meds anyway.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Theweakeredge
You do know I'm an atheist right? I don't believe in the bible or Jesus. 

What you are and believe is irrelevant to this thread and those questions in particular. Questions that you still haven't even bothered to answer.

You haven't even been polite enough to say if or not those three verses contradict one another.  If you don't want to commit yourself either way then that it fine by me.  

Jesus says that he didn't do things in secret. the bible claims that he clearly did. #48,   and is all I have asked you is to confirm or deny any or all  ;

[A] .... tell me, is Jesus lying? Is  the bible lying?  Do the verses contradict one another?  Have the scriptures been totally mistranslated? Or have the gospel authors simply put words into the mouth of the Christ? 

[B] What does the words -  "not publicly but in secret" -  mean to you in those verses?

If you don't want to commit yourself either way then that it fine by me.  Then there is no reason for you to even be on this thread any longer, is there.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@fauxlaw

Off you go.
And now for the third time, you have invited my departure, but you keep calling me back. Confused, Stephen? Typical state 
I have never invited you onto a single one of my threads . But it seems that you were so lonely and desperate to post to me that you unblocked me, when I didn't give two shites about your block.  And remember, I didn't drag you here either. I am tolerating you out of  politeness and for the sake of diplomacy. 

But my, you are a sly one aren't you.  And anyone (except you) clearly understands what is meant when I wrote " off you go" in this sense>> #42

So if all you have in reply to my simple request for you to show you Greek language skills  is to say I am "confused" , then you might as well to stay off my threads, might you? 

When YOU were given the opportunity to put your expert knowledge in the Greek language to the test and into practice you failed every single time and avoided the challenge altogether!!!!  What are you so scared of?  It should be a doddle for you with those  Phd's and  that brags to  us  all  "  I, too, am a student of Greek" #28  fauxlaw

Would you like another try?

Here we are shown that Jesus met and spoke with others in secret and did things in secret. If secret doesn't mean what the ancient Greek lexicon says it means, then simply put these verses into context with what you believe to be their real intended meanings using your new interpretation and  definition of the word - secret.

7:8-10
 You go to the festival. I am not  going up to this festival, because my time has not yet fully come.” After he had said this, he stayed in Galilee.
However, after his brothers had left for the festival, he went also, not publicly, but in secret".

John 19:38  "Later", Joseph of Arimathea asked Pilate for the body of Jesus. Now Joseph was a disciple of Jesus, but secretly because he feared the Jewish leaders. With Pilate’s permission, he came and took the body away".

Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Stephen
I don't care about your questions. You claimed that I was a Christian, so maybe you should do some very basic research before being a douche. Furthermore, I've already given you everything I care too - If you still can't understand very basic burdens of proof then maybe you shouldn't be on a debating website.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Theweakeredge
You claimed that I was a Christian

I did,  I assumed you was. I apologise. 

I don't care about your questions.

Yes I gathered that when you posed questions of your own instead of addressing my questions. And it is a thing that Christians do.   It won't be the first time you have come to one of my threads with questions of your own while totally ignoring my questions. Have you forgotten this >>#3  this  >>>> #8 and this especially>>.#10

Now you have finally admitted that you have no intention of answering those questions,  you have no business even being on this thread, do you, Theweakestlink

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Theweakeredge
@Stephen
#49  You do know I'm an atheist right? I don't believe in the bible or Jesus. 

You claimed that I was a Christian, so maybe you should do some very basic research before being a douche

Ok I have and looking back over my posts I see that you claim to be a Christian too. So make up your mind what you are before trying to be clever and behaving like  "douche"!!  eh

am a practicing Christian, yes.#8

Forum posts: 46
Added12.16.20 06:09AM

Indeed this is why I assumed you were a christian, and I had very good reason to,   didn't I, Theweakestlink?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Stephen
Stephen,

I am a practicing Christian was said by aletheakatharos, not Theweakeredge.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Stephen
No, that's you being an idiot; how does "Theweakestedge" and "aletheakatharos" look anything similar? We are two very different users and don't agree on basically anything. I have never claimed to be a Christian. There have been times when I talked about how I used to be a Christian, way before I even joined this site, but you didn't even quote one of those. You are being dishonest intentionally.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Theweakeredge
Then again I apologise. 

Now about these questions you still haven't bothered to reply to. I take your not interested so you can leave the thread. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@FLRW

Stephen,

I am a practicing Christian was said by aletheakatharos, not Theweakeredge.

Yep.  Just been corrected on that. And have apologised to Theweakestlink. 

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Stephen
Yeah see, that was arrogance, you didn't look at a simple thing. Furthermore, as you haven't addressed a single thing I pointed out makes me feel less responsible to answer your questions that aren't relevant. The bible is not a good source for finding intent, because the bible is not very accurate. 
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

FAUXLAW, the run away from biblical axioms, and the new contender in being the #1 Bible fool upon this forum,

YOUR RUNAWAY QUOTE TO BIBLICAL AXIOMS #458,398!: "Though new to the site (welcome, by the way), you see that BroT is a  broken little man who is best ignored, Bhutto on occasion it’s fun to listen to him pound his table."

Does your quote above address the following links that YOU have continued to RUN AWAY from, where in some of them you have called Jesus a LIAR and therefore committing the Unpardonable Sin? NO, it does not!  Obviously you have taken to heart that the links below are best ignored even though it is at your laughable and detrimental expense. Obviously you have learned that I literally OWN YOU and your faith, therefore you are thinking that why take the chance of making yourself the continued Bible stupid fool in trying to address your runaway links below! LOL

YOUR RUNAWAY LINKS THAT I HAVE DIRECTED TO YOU TO DATE THAT ARE TOTALLY EMBARRASSING FOR YOU AND JESUS (HEBREWS 4:13):

FAUXLAW, here is the image of YOU that comes to mind by YOU running away from Jesus' inspired words in the links above:

Here is yet another image of you that you have become within this forum by running away from Jesus' inspired words:

NEXT STUPID AND IGNORANT OF THE BIBLE PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN AS FAUXLAW REPRESENTS WILL BE ...?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Theweakeredge
see, that was arrogance, you didn't look at a simple thing.

Nope . Nothing to do with arrogance and all to do with with the key word and search engine &  maybe a little due diligence. But I accept all the blame. Would you like me to lick your arse too? 

.. I make no excuses and not sure how many times you'd like me to apologise.

You still haven't answered those questions and I am still puzzled as to what you are still doing on this thread after point plank telling me you are "not interested in my questions" ,and never was . 

You mentioned " burden of proof". I shown the the proof that Jesus told lies to the high priest. You have chosen to ignore those verses and by your own admission that you were not interested.  And didn't Jesus also tell these priest that they would witness him - "the son of man coming on a cloud" ?  How did that one turn out for them?

Just in case you claim to have missed it here it is again.

Here the bible tells us two very clear of things done and spoked IN SECRET by Jesus

John 7:8-10
 You go to the festival. I am not  going up to this festival, because my time has not yet fully come.” After he had said this, he stayed in Galilee.
However, after his brothers had left for the festival, he went also, not publicly, but in secret".

John 19:38  "Later", Joseph of Arimathea asked Pilate for the body of Jesus. Now Joseph was a disciple of Jesus, but secretly because he feared the Jewish leaders. With Pilate’s permission, he came and took the body away.

BUT HERE, Jesus claims to have not done anything at all in secret>>>

John 18: 19-21.
 “I have spoken openly to the world,” Jesus replied. “I always taught in synagogues or at the temple, where all the Jews come together. I said nothing in secret.

So clearly Jesus lied or the bible authors are putting words in the mouth of the Christ. I am going with the former.

You haven't been able to square this contradiction and haven't even attempted to. Others have blamed it all on mistranslation of the ancient Greek word for "secret". which then throws the whole of the bible under the suspicion and unreliability bus, doesn't it? 

The same have   failed to correct those verses with their own interpretation and definitions of the "mistranslated " word "secret" when given numerous opportunity to do so although  one of them even tells us that he is " a student of Greek"!?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@fauxlaw
Though new to the site (welcome, by the way), you see that BroT is a  broken little man who is best ignored, Bhutto on occasion it’s fun to listen to him pound his table.

Absolute uncalled for abuse of another member.

If a man doesn't believe as they do, they say he's a crank, and the settles it. I mean, it does nowadays, because now they can't burn him:  SamuelLanghorne Clemens. 

Stephen
Stephen
Occult secrets are like open secrets

And I have said the the word   'occult '  means hidden.

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
Some can do no more than cry. So, cry.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@fauxlaw
I just love it  when I see others having to steal someone else's thunder. Such desperation to be famous and popular on the back of others. And you , an alleged author with letters after your name and claims of being " a student of Greek "#28. How ridiculous if not pathetic..

I have nothing to cry about.  Are you now just posting to agitate and disrupt ? Are you totally spent or would you care to address this that you keep ignoring>>

Off you go.
And now for the third time, you have invited my departure, but you keep calling me back. Confused, Stephen? Typical state 
I have never invited you onto a single one of my threads . But it seems that you were so lonely and desperate to post to me that you unblocked me, when I didn't give two shites about your block.  And remember, I didn't drag you here either. I am tolerating you out of  politeness and for the sake of diplomacy. 

But my, you are a sly one aren't you.  And anyone (except you) clearly understands what is meant when I wrote " off you go" in this sense>> #42

So if all you have in reply to my simple request for you to show your Greek language skills  is to say I am "confused" , then you might as well to stay off my threads, might you? 

When YOU were given the opportunity to put your expert knowledge in the Greek language to the test and into practice you failed every single time and avoided the challenge altogether!!!!  What are you so scared of?  It should be a doddle for you with those  Phd's and  that brags to  us  all  "  I, too, am a student of Greek" #28  fauxlaw

Would you like another try?

Here we are shown that Jesus met and spoke with others in secret and did things in secret. If secret doesn't mean what the ancient Greek lexicon says it means, then simply put these verses into context with what you believe to be their real intended meanings using your new interpretation and  definition of the word - secret.

7:8-10

John 19:38  "Later", Joseph of Arimathea asked Pilate for the body of Jesus. Now Joseph was a disciple of Jesus, but secretly because he feared the Jewish leaders. With Pilate’s permission, he came and took the body away.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw
@Bringerofrain

Bringeroftherain,

YOUR ONCE AGAIN CHILD-LIKE QUOTE RELATIVE TO THE BROTHER D. SHOWING YOUR GRADE SCHOOL AGE:  "What he says almost seems like word salad. A lot of schizophrenics have religious fixations and write in pretty incomprehensible ways like him. The thing that bothers me, is that I have seen people like that get better just by taking lithium every single day and yet a lot of them refuse to do so. I just hope if it ever happens to me, somebody forces me to take my medicine. I have never seen a schizophrenic actually prefer the delusional state over the same state of being. I don't want to insult him. I feel genuinely bad for him and want him to seek help. However I think you are right. I'm better off if prong him as he likely won't take my advice to actually start taking his meds anyway."

HUH?  Barring your abhorred syntactical sentence structuring and your little boy ad hominem attacks because you cannot address my axiomatic facts, and your little boy insidious circular reasoning, your insipid rhetorical quote above is a TRUE example of a "word salad,"  therefore congratulations in showing the membership in what this term looks like!. Priceless embarrassment on your part once again!

Bringeroftherain, another "word salad" is represented by your comical faith of Hermeticism which is described as follows: “Hermeticism is an ancient spiritual, philosophical, and magical tradition. It is a path of spiritual growth. Hermeticism takes its name from the God Hermês Trismegistos (Greek, "Thrice-Greatest Hermes"), a Græco-Egyptian form of the great Egyptian God of Wisdom and Magic, Thôth. What the Hermetic Fellowship defines as Hermeticism has also been called the Western Esoteric Tradition, and embraces the Perennial Philosophy or the Ageless Wisdom. Generally, the following can be said to be characteristic of the positive form of Hermeticism advocated by the Hermetic Fellowship.” 

Hello, anyone that can swallow this mystical and magical faith of Hermeticism is an outright fool in the 21st century!  "There's a sucker born every minute; P.T. Barnum," and unfortunately for a minute in time, Bringeroftherain was in one of those minutes in later being an outright sucker!   Bringeroftherain, listen, I have an orange bridge for sale in San Francisco, and I will give you great terms of sale if you want to purchase it, okay? Let me know ASAP because I have other inept religious persons that are thinking of purchasing this well known bridge as well!  Hurry on your decision!

Bringerofrain, like FAUXLAW had to learn over time at his laughable expense of being a true inept pseudo-christian, the membership is going to have a lot of fun with your total and complete inept reasoning and mysticism, so be prepared to chain up!  

NEXT YOUNG KID TO BE MADE THE INEPT FOOL IN A RELIGION FORUM OTHER THAN BRINGOFTHERAIN WILL BE …?

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
When I think of some efforts back in the day in translating the Bible [nobody knew to call it that, then, by the way] from whatever was had into whatever translators thought they wanted it to say [agenda, anyone?], I think of Jack Nicholson's line in "A Few Good Men" [1992]:  You can't handle the truth!"

Frankly, I'm shocked the book managed to have enough integrity left in it when monks and such finished their agenda and still managed to give us an inkling of truth.
The infallible Word of God? You know, deep down, he never wrote a single word of it. Even in original manuscripts, men did the writing. Not even Jesus wrote anything but what is recorded as "and again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground." [John 8: 8]. There's no mention of anyone scooping up that writing to preserve it, and we have not a clue what he wrote. I'm suspicious that it was a note to Satan: "I'm doing this for you, too, little brother." After all, it was an infinite atonement. Trying to offer salvation and exaltation to the devil is, indeed, infinite.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

FAUXLAW,

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE THAT YOU ARE GUILTY OF IN POST #76: "Some can do no more than cry. So, cry."

Since you are crying because you are to SCARED  to address your biblical stupidity and ignorance, where you fail to realize the membership and Jesus is watching you RUN AWAY again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, AND AGAIN as the links below shows? 

YOUR RUNAWAY LINKS THAT I HAVE DIRECTED TO YOU TO DATE THAT ARE TOTALLY EMBARRASSING FOR YOU AND JESUS (HEBREWS 4:13):

When will you go crying and whimpering to the moderators to stop me in showing you are in contention of being the number 1 RUN AWAY to Jesus' inspired words within this forum?  Where do you think you get a "free ride" in this respect of continually RUNNING AWAY from your Biblical stupidity and ignorance? Tell us.

Bringerofrain
Bringerofrain
-->
@BrotherDThomas
It's not as hominem. I don't think it makes you less of a person to have schizophrenia. You can't help it.

What part of hermeticism do you think is incorrect? 

You seemed angry that I suggested bible translations may be imperfect as well. Why do you think out of the hundreds of bible translations all of which disagree with the translation of all the others are perfectly translated with no errors? 

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
BroT pounding his Bible again. Premature efactualtion...
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen
@fauxlaw

Stephen,

Have you ever seen such a pseudo-christian RUNAWAY from Jesus' inspired words that FAUXLAW is doing at this time in my posts in question to them within this thread alone, that is, other than Tradesecret and the ever so dumbfounded of the Bible ethang5?  It looks as though FAUXLAW is vying to take over Tradescret's #1 position of running away from biblical axioms, where "if" Tradesecret returns, he/she/unknown will be very sad because that was the only thing they were known for. 

FAUXLAW'S blatant silence upon their runaway status only proves that they are guilty of same.

In the name of the hung Savior,
Brother D. Thomas
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@fauxlaw
Frankly, I'm shocked the book managed to have enough integrity left in it when monks and such finished their agenda and still managed to give us an inkling of truth.

Well if you are talking about the holy Christian Bible I can agree with you. It is a mess . It is ambiguous and totally unreliable. It is full of inconsistent half stories and contradictions, isn't it?

So why don't you give us your own expert  translated version  in their original Greek of those two biblical verses and maybe we could have a better insight to what Jesus meant when he used the word "secret" ? It can't be too hard for you to do, can it? 

The infallible Word of God? You know, deep down, he never wrote a single word of it.

I do. All the four gospels have the actual names the of the supposed authors at the top of every page.  And not one says Jesus or god. But there are Christians here that believe they were at least the flawless  "breathed words of god".

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

FAUXLAW, the runaway from biblical axioms and is in contention of being the #1 Bible fool upon this forum,

ANOTHER CHILD LIKE QUOTE OF YOURS AS YOU RUNAWAY FROM JESUS' INSPIRED WORDS: "BroT pounding his Bible again. Premature efactualtion..."

Can you get any more child like than your quote above?  YES, and that is when you RUN AWAY from the posts to you as shown below where your outright bible stupidity and ignorance is equal to Tradesecret and ethang5.  LOL!

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Stephen,

Have you ever seen such a pseudo-christian RUNAWAY from Jesus' inspired words that FAUXLAW 

I will be honest brother. I am absolutely baffled as to why Fauxlaw is turning down the opportunity to show us his  linguistical skills that he claims to have in the ancient Greek language.    He claims the problem is all to do with the translation and the ancient Greek language. And he would know , wouldn't he? He has proudly told us ; "I am  a student of Greek "#28 .

I am asking him simply to translate two biblical verses into ancient Greek so as we will all have a better understanding what Jesus meant when he lied to the priest saying 
" I did nothing in secret" (John 18:20)  when the same author, John, also tells us : 

and then adds 

John 7:8-10

His reluctance is really puzzling. This argument may have been solved pages ago had he not have dragged his feet.  But then there is the problem of  "god words"  being "flawless".

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Bringerofrain

Bringeroftherain, 

YOUR OUTRIGHT COMICAL QUOTE!:  "What part of hermeticism do you think is incorrect? "

The entire Satanic faith of Hermeticism, HELLO!  In proving that you are a child, at least capitalize your comical faith with a capital "H." understood child like fool?

YOUR HYPOCRITICAL QUOTE: "You seemed angry that I suggested bible translations may be imperfect as well. Why do you think out of the hundreds of bible translations all of which disagree with the translation of all the others are perfectly translated with no errors? "

Remember, I had to easily school your child like and total ignorance of the Bible within this forum with your false ruse of Greek translations that go directly against Jesus' true words  as shown in this following link: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/5681-how-does-jesus-expect-to-get-away-with-blatant-lies?page=2&post_number=39
Therefore, now you want to continue to add more proverbial egg upon your face with your quote above!  Your Hermeticism faith is yet another DIVISION of all faiths in this world, where comically, all are true but yet they contradict each other!  GET IT? MAYBE? JUST A LITTLE BIT? HUH?

Listen up, I DO NOT want to take anymore time to address children like you represent, understood? My time is valuable, and therefore I do not want to easily school or enlighten children like you because it takes too much time because of a Child's insipid intellect, but only to adults that you are obviously not one of them.

I would suggest that you take your Hermeticism ruse to a kids religion forum where you will have more effect to the other children of equal low intelligence like you represent.  Here, since you are a given child, let me make this proposition easier for you, and list a few KIDS Religion Forums, where you can thank me later. Good luck!  

Bringerofrain
Bringerofrain
-->
@BrotherDThomas
The entire faith of hermeticism is wrong? So the belief in God you would consider incorrect? 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Your sense of history just about matches the utter lack of it expressed by HistoryBuff. Hermeticism is Satanic? You understand neither hermeticism nor Satanism.
meanwhile, your Bible is is need of its daily beating until its morale improves.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
> Stephen

It is ambiguous and totally unreliable.
You do not agree with me at all. I never said the Bible is unreliable. In fact, I did say

the book managed to have enough integrity left in it 
To find the integrity, you have to read it, and read it again. And again. When you have the attention span of a gnat, such is impossible, which is why you have not, and, therefore, have naught in any integrity to comment on it at all. Why bother?