Some from DDO think I don't have the right to live. I won't name names unless they post here.

Author: YeshuaBought

Total: 105
YeshuaBought
Debates: 4
YeshuaBought
So I this started because I said healthcare is a right. I was attacked and bullied. I said I have the right to live. SEVERAL DDO members ganged up on me, and said no I don't have the right to live. One of them even brought my religion into it. I was told I did not have the right to live, but I do have the right to die, thus infering my death was preferable. I told AirMax1227 from DDO, and nothing happened. When I stood up for myself, I was attacked and blamed. I think it is fucking bullshit, and wrote a nice little review on sitejabber.com or the world to know what happened. To any DDO members who want to follow me here and start shit: Fuck you. To anyone who wants to debate me on anything like an actual adult would: Thank you. This is my last and final rant on this site about it. I care about all right to life issues. From womb to tomb, baby!
Jhhillman
Debates: 1
Jhhillman
I read the forum. You're saying that they should be banned and that they were personally attackign you becuse they disagree that heathcare is a right.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
When food and water become a right, healthcare becomes a right.

YeshuaBought
YeshuaBought
-->
@Vader
I have the right to live.
Vader
Vader
-->
@YeshuaBought
Everyone does. Healthcare doesn't mean you automatically live like in a video game.
Vader
Vader
-->
@YeshuaBought
While it gives you better treatment for the flu and a common cold and even injury, it does nothing against homicide and fatal accidents and even a cancer where you know you can die. 
YeshuaBought
YeshuaBought
-->
@Vader
People need healthcare to live, and I have the right to live.
Vader
Vader

Just because you have healthcare doesn't mean you autmatically live. You can't control strokes or cure cancer. While they may remiss, you have an equal chance of dying. Then your bills skyrocket

Vader
Vader
Ok so I have been blocked for no reason even though I didn't abuse you. I said you have a right to live, but healthcare doesn't assure that
ResurgetExFavilla
Debates: 0
ResurgetExFavilla
You don't have the right to live. You have the right to be born. If you cannot support yourself, then you depend on the charity of others, and should be appropriately humbled by that fact.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@YeshuaBought
I think the issue is you have no ideal what the term "rights" imply. You use it the same way somebody would use the word "prefer". If somebody says you don't have the right to life, they may still believe you deserve to live. The problem is further escalated because you also have very little flexibility in your thinking and you ignore the point of view of others, not trying to understand what they say.

You deserve to live, and it is great thing you do, I'm sure you make a positive impact on this world, but you don't have the right to live. Can you imagine what the "right to live" would force society to do. If the right exists for you, it by it's nature would be the only right that also is owed to the non living. Not just the dead and not yet born, but also to those who were denied the right to life because the sperm was not the lucky one to hit the egg.

If the living and non living both have the right, than mankind would be morally obligated to create a program that could determine every single aspect of a person's personality, and then duplicate every single combined possibility of those elements and strength of each element to make artificial intelligences that would display those personalities.

If you want to say that I'm wrong and only the living have the right to life, fine though I would disagree with that analysis of the phrase "right to life". This would mean that society is morally obligated to do everything in it's power to stop people from dying. The death penalty would be eradicated, going to war would now be unethical. It is better to be invaded than to defend yourself if the right to life exists. It would mean you can't pull the plug on somebody who is essentially a vegetable and the brain dead patients relatives would be obligated to pay millions to keep them artificially alive for decades. It would also obligate us to cryonically preserve everyone a moment before death to best preserve their ability to remain alive by being reanimated some day. This is not a world, I think you want to live in.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
Read my response, the right to be born is equally absurd. After joining with an egg that may be fine, but prior to that it would be silly to say. Maybe I'm being pedantic, but the way you phrased it, seems like the right would extend even to the sperm I ejaculated onto the screen while writing this.
YeshuaBought
YeshuaBought
-->
@Wylted
Without healthcare, I would be dead.
Plisken
Plisken
-->
@YeshuaBought
Rights are innately correct.  They do not violate one another.  Healthcare, insofar as you conflate it with compulsory service, is not a natural right.  
Plisken
Plisken
-->
@Wylted
Soooo, I take it you aren't catholic 

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@YeshuaBought
If you're an American and you voted Trump, then you have only yourself to blame for losing y our healthcare.
YeshuaBought
YeshuaBought
-->
@bsh1
Are you telling me people are going to get away with saying I don't have the right to live?
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@YeshuaBought
I have yet to see anyone say that to or about you.
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Vader
Personally speaking, I think food, water, healthcare, and housing should all be rights.
YeshuaBought
YeshuaBought
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
You are lucky @bsh1 refuses to moderate and I want to avoiud prison, you unchristian piece of shit. Yes I do have the right to live.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Plisken
I'm pro life in respect to the abortion debate. Pro life in the way I used it to respond to the op is different beast altogether. I'm not Catholic though.
YeshuaBought
YeshuaBought
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
You don't have the right to live either, bitch. Two can play this fucking game.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@YeshuaBought
You are lucky @bsh1 refuses to moderate and I want to avoiud prison, you unchristian piece of shit. Yes I do have the right to live.

You're probably alone in that respect. The people who talk to me have done so in confidence, but I think they have made their opinions public, and the feeling I get is most people think BSH1 applies the COC in an autistic and silly way. I have no opinion at the moment. I haven't even read any of the older threads to know what his modding decisions were.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@YeshuaBought
You are very clearly alive, so I would say that it would be hard to argue that you don't have a right to live.

Either way, I must say that getting offended at anyone saying otherwise is pointless and likely does you more harm than those you are offended at. Clearly, they don't care enough to be hurt by you being offended.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@YeshuaBought
Would you like to debate over whether you should die or not? I'll take "Pro, you should die" I did forfeit the only two debates I started here, but I promise I won't forfeit that one
YeshuaBought
YeshuaBought
-->
@Wylted
Send me the link.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@YeshuaBought

Here you go. You're welcome

YeshuaBought
YeshuaBought
-->
@Wylted
Thank you sugar tits.
Vader
Vader
-->
@bsh1
Food, water, freedom, living, are all rights.

I disagree with housing to some extent. I think we should have some form of shelter, but not to the extent of an actual house.

I disagree with healthcare because fmpov it doesn't guarantee you life. There is always homicides, fatal accidents, and etc healthcare doesn't cover which skyrockets insurances. There has to be a better way to secure healthcare
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@bsh1
I think being cryonically preserved should be a right. If we figure out how to reanimate and heal people in 1000 more years, it would be a shame for the Earths current inhabitants to unneccessarily die.