Some from DDO think I don't have the right to live. I won't name names unless they post here.

Author: YeshuaBought

Total: 105
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Vader
Housing =/= a house. You can be housed in an apartment.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@bsh1
I meant shelter, whether that be anything like homeless shelter or anything related to that
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vader
I don't agree with that. A homeless shelter is no place anyone should have to spend their life.
Vader
Vader
-->
@bsh1
Would you rather live in the streets or a homeless shelter? Everyone should have a roof on their head even if it being a homeless shelter
Vader
Vader
-->
@bsh1
We should also instate a Hull House type program where homeless go to a "shelter" and learn and eventually find a job to afford a housing like apartments
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vader
I think that is a bit ridiculous--you are assuming that the homeless don't already have jobs. Many do, but simply can't afford housing on the salaries they earn. For others, it could take months or years to be successfully reintroduced to the job market. And what about the elderly?

Better to just give them housing. I don't see why they need a shelter first; job training would likely take place off-site anyhow.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@bsh1
Not only that but homeless shelters keep you homeless with strict curfues and time tables that make it impossible to get a job, without losing your spot in the shelter
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@bsh1
It's not the destination...it's the climb.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Vader
I'd rather live in the streets, and have chose it over a shelter before. Go stay in one for a week. It doesn't matter which one, just give it a shot.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Wylted
No to mention it's tough if you want to have a few beers.
Vader
Vader
-->
@bsh1
I agree that shelters are not idle, but there the best way right now to give a home. If they work hard, they may move into the housing in the future. This is why we need to revamp shelters so they provide education and more job opportunity. Once the savings for the homeless is saved, then they can afford housing. If they are not in a shelter, the rate of survival goes down

Elderly can't afford housing and aren't capable of labor. This is where we absolutely need shelters to provide for them.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Greyparrot
That's true also. You have one beer, and you're out. I wouldn't last a day
Vader
Vader
-->
@Wylted
That is an preference then. I would rather be fed some form of food and sleep on some bed and sacrifice a beer versus on the streets starving
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Vader
Why don't we just kill the elderly so they are not harming the economy and the people they love by forcing them to change their diapers and such? This is why I think we should have health care rationing boards (AKA death panels). It would save us young bucks so much trouble
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Wylted
There's a really nice homeless shelter a block from my apartment called Citizen's Inn Transition.

I see a lot of old people there on the front steps when I walk by.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Wylted
You will spend over 40% of all your lifetime healthcare dollars in the last month of your life on average.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Wylted
That's unethical. Every life matters and we need to preserve it, from the embryo to the death bed
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Vader
It's getting cold outside. Alcohol is the best way to stay warm in the cold. You act like you have never been homeless before. Shelters keep you from getting a job, google it, and beer keeps you warm, have a few get buck naked and walk outside and see if the temperature bothers you. You need to be homeless, you have missed out on so much by having a roof over your head
Vader
Vader
-->
@Wylted
Well I would rather not fit that stereotype of drunk homeless men
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Greyparrot
40% is huge. Hopefully I have the courage to accept an early death.  I want my family to inherit enough to do something with.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Vader
Well, hopefully you atleast do drugs. When you are homeless the days, feel like weeks and  you need to do something to pass the time. Supa, go camping bro. Atleast you get some of the homeless experience, and I can relate to you better.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vader
Being elderly doesn't mean you can't live by yourself, and obviously the state should pay for your home if you can't afford it (and you couldn't afford a livable abode without government help). Debate me on this if you want. I'd be happy to.

Vader
Vader
-->
@Wylted
I've been camping. It was fun and really liked it. That is different than being homeless

I don't do drugs because they are bad. The opioid crisis is causing tax hikes for middle class people. I have not even smoked a JUUL yet
Vader
Vader
-->
@bsh1
That is where the liberal vs conservative debate the comes in.

Private companies should be doing all these projects, not the government handing these things out. The government should regulate them to make sure they do their job correctly, but not have full control

That is the opposite belief for a democrat/liberal. 

I will be happily to debate you soon. I am very busy right now tbh but when I get time I will make an argument. 

Vader
Vader
-->
@Wylted
Not to mention the fact I'm 15 as well

bsh1
bsh1
I will be happily to debate you soon
Cool.
DBlaze
Debates: 0
DBlaze
-->
@Vader
How would the private companies make money?
Vader
Vader
-->
@DBlaze
Charities for homeless. I don't know how that system works but it worked in Greece

TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Vader
the Clinton's have raise a bunch of money for their charity........
there are some really great charities, it's too bad there's so many corrupt and fraudulent ones as well.

but anyway, no one has the right to live,  no one has the right to take someone's life.  you have the right to try, that's about it really.
Our_Boat_is_Right
Debates: 16
Our_Boat_is_Right
Do you think I said you don't have the right to live?  I assume this because you say "one of them brought my religion into it."