Does the Rabbi Have a Good Point?

Author: Stephen

Total: 124
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
"the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit" said Rabbi David Kimhi - " therefore, with reference to this god whom you call Father, Son and Holy Spirit, -  that part which you call the Father must be prior to that which you call Son,  for if they were always coexistent would have to be called twin brothers.

More over, if the Son is the Father what of  Mary getting pregnant?  Is this not an incestuous congregation? The Father has sex with the mother to conceive the Son who is also the Father.....so technically the Son, who is also the father, had sex with his mother"... 

It's  all very -  Oedipus, isn't it ?

Oedipus c 450 BC, was a mythical Greek king of Thebes. A tragic hero in Greek mythology, Oedipus is believed to have  fulfilled a prophecy (accidentally) that he would end up killing his father and marrying his mother, thereby bringing disaster to his city and family. 

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
I am no religious man but my interpretation is that the father and the son shares the same mind. and the mind is what God is. Consiousness.

The Holy Spirit is the consciousness that the father and the son shares. The father and the son do not share any physical mutuality, just spiritual.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Intelligence_06
I am no religious man but my interpretation is that the father and the son shares the same mind. and the mind is what God is. Consiousness.

The Holy Spirit is the consciousness that the father and the son shares. The father and the son do not share any physical mutuality, just spiritual.

And how or where does Mary the virgin  "mother of god" feature in your interpretation?

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Stephen
What do you mean?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Intelligence_06

• I am no religious man...

And neither am I ,  Intelligence_ 06

What do you mean?

The Christian  belief is that god  come unto the virgin Mary and there was an immaculate conception. She went on to  give birth to Jesus - son of god - king of the Jews, that Christians claim is also god.   

Are you dismissing the biblical account of the virgin ,  the immaculate conception and the birth of Jesus the son of god that is also god and and Mary's alleged involvement in the whole story?

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Stephen
Virgin Mary is...someone related to the two people possessing the consciousness we call God. That is my theory.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
What the rabbi here doesn't really understand is that our declaration of The Trinity is an acknowledgement of what the rabbi already knows. God's Word, and God's Spirit. Certainly the rabbi acknowledges these as being reality. It would be impious even to say that God's Spirit is not divine. That God's Word is not divine.

The Trinity is another  way of saying that God is one with His Word and Spirit. Not three Gods. And surely, it is through God's Word and Spirit that we find Him present in the world. The God with us.

To deny that God is one with His Word and Spirit is to undermine the prophets themselves, even going back to Moses.
Mopac
Mopac
Mary, having given birth to God The Word in flesh, we honor by calling theotokos. 

Nestorious, not comprehending the person of Christ struggled with this, and in refusing to repent of his impiety, even spreading it around, he was cut off from the church. His doctrines anathematized. 

If you call yourself a Christian, but cannot call Mary the theotokos, it is a sure sign that you hold heterodox or incorrect beliefs.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
If you call yourself a Christian,

I don't. I was christened at birth without my knowledge or permission. Like millions of  ` Christians `I had it foisted on me.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Intelligence_06
Virgin Mary is...someone related to the two people possessing the consciousness we call God. That is my theory.

Indeed.Christians call her Jesus' very much  human mother.  
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

Mopac,

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE ABOUT THE TRINITY DOCTRINE OF JESUS: "The Trinity is another  way of saying that God is one with His Word and Spirit. Not three Gods. And surely, it is through God's Word and Spirit that we find Him present in the world. The God with us."

You say that the Trinity is another way of saying Jesus is one with His word and spirit?  So it is Jesus, His word, and His spirit, but nonetheless, there are also three divine persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God. Yet these three divine persons are distinct from one another: the Father is not the Son, the Father is not the Holy Spirit, and the Son is not the Holy Spirit.  However, there is exactly one God (1 Timothy 2:5), therefore Christ is His own Father and His own Son. The Holy Ghost is neither Father nor Son, but both in spirit. The Son was begotten by the Father through Celestial impregnation through incest, but existed before He was begotten. Jesus is just as old as His Father, and the Father is just as young as His Son. The Holy Ghost proceeded from the Father and Son, but He is of the same age as the other two! 

You being a Hell bound Catholic, you still have to agree with my godly and truthful statement above, or do you Satanically disagree with it and how?  YOUR ANSWER IS?

Remember, the membership  and Jesus is watching you whereas you are to defend the faith as Jesus' inspired words tells you to do, period!  "He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it." (Titus 1:9) 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
You say that the Trinity is another way of saying Jesus is one with His word and spirit?  So it is Jesus, His word, and His spirit, but nonetheless, there are also three divine persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God. Yet these three divine persons are distinct from one another: the Father is not the Son, the Father is not the Holy Spirit, and the Son is not the Holy Spirit.  However, there is exactly one God (1 Timothy 2:5), therefore Christ is His own Father and His own Son. The Holy Ghost is neither Father nor Son, but both in spirit. The Son was begotten by the Father through Celestial impregnation through incest, but existed before He was begotten. Jesus is just as old as His Father, and the Father is just as young as His Son. The Holy Ghost proceeded from the Father and Son, but He is of the same age as the other two! 

Jesus!  That made my eyes water.

Good job there are no ` uncles` involved too,eh Brother.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Mary isn't the first story of incest in the Bible. Rabbi should realize that. 
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen
@Mopac

Stephen,

YOUR WARRANTED QUOTE, THANK YOU: "Jesus!  That made my eyes water. Good job there are no ` uncles` involved too, eh Brother."

Uh, I am assuming that your watery eyes are due to your joy of understanding the TRUE Trinity Doctrine, and NOT of eyes watering because of laughter which is blaspheme!

Since this Trinity proposition was posed to MOPAC in my godly post #11 above, and since we know that MOPAC is a run away pseudo-christian to such biblical truths, do you think that MOPAC will once again run away from this Trinity Doctrine Truth with yet another lame child like excuse?   The irony is the fact that when the pseudo-christian like MOPAC runs away in this manner, they still want to be called a Christian, NOT! LOL!

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas

or do you Satanically disagree with it and how? YOUR ANSWER IS?
A few things

Christ is His own Father and His own Son
We onlt refer to the Son as Christ, so it would be improper to call Christ The Father.

The Son was begotten by the Father through Celestial impregnation through incest, but existed before He was begotten

The symbol of the faith, the creed of the church states "begotten of the Father before all Ages."

The Son was begotten before time.

The Holy Ghost proceeded from the Father and Son

The Holy Ghost proceeds from the father, not the Father and the Son.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Mary isn't the first story of incest in the Bible. Rabbi should realize that. 

I am sure the Rabbi does realise that fact . But in this instance he is talking about Jesus "son of god " born of a virgin and  sired by himself so he could be born.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas

Since this Trinity proposition was posed to MOPAC in my godly post #11 above, and since we know that MOPAC is a run away pseudo-christian to such biblical truths, do you think that MOPAC will once again run away from this Trinity Doctrine Truth with yet another lame child like excuse?  

Considering he hasn't even attempted to iron out the conundrum that Rabbi David Kimhi put forward, I am sure it is highly likely that Mopac will give your own conundrum a wider berth.

The irony is the fact that when the pseudo-christian like MOPAC runs away in this manner, they still want to be called a Christian, NOT! LOL!

And I would accept that Brother  on the understanding that their title will be prefixed with the words  coward,  hypocrite or the bible ignorant.

Why is it that Christians accept the bible as the word of God  as  true and unalterable in one breath, but then in the next they don't  accept the bible's words that clearly state that there is but one god and one mediator that also clearly states that Jesus is A MAN!?

1 Timothy 2:5

"FOR THERE IS ONE GOD AND ONE MEDIATOR BETWEEN GOD AND MANKIND, THE MAN ( the anointed) JESUS".

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
I forgot also to add Isaiah 44:6

This is what the Lord says—
    Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty:
I am the first and I am the last;
    apart from me there is no God.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
I like the reference to Kazimir Malevich.

I am Green Square with White Shapes.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen
@Mopac

Mopac, the ungodly rewriter of the JUDEO-Christian Bible,

YOUR VERY IGNORANT QUOTE #1 RELATIVE TO MY DESCRIPTION OF OUR SERIAL KILLER JESUS IN MY POST #11: "We onlt refer to the Son as Christ, so it would be improper to call Christ The Father."

"Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel," which is translated, "God with us." (Matthew 1:23)
MOPAC, do you want to call Matthew's statement above where he states with specificity that subsequent to Jesus' birth, He is considered to be GOD as a LIE? Huh?  

“Thomas answered him, “My Lord and MY GOD”  (John 20:28)
Again, do want to call Thomas a LIAR when he called Jesus GOD?

“Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.” (Pslam 100:3)
Again, do you want to call the psalmist of this passage a LIAR as well? 

YOUR VERY IGNORANT QUOTE #2 RELATIVE TO MY DESCRIPTION OF OUR SERIAL KILLER JESUS IN MY POST #11: "The symbol of the faith, the creed of the church states "begotten of the Father before all Ages." The Son was begotten before time."

If you are going to use the Nicene-Constaninoplitan Creed to support your statement, then you have removed one foot to insert the other because this Creed stated with specificity: "God is always Father, Son, and Holy Spirit" which equals Christian math as 1+1+1 = 1.  GET IT?  Furthermore at your continued embarrassment, if you state that the son was begotten before time, then when Mary got pregnant by her own son Jesus as Yahweh God in a celestial and incestual way, was this also a LIE?  Get it? Huh?  BLASPHEME!

YOUR VERY IGNORANT QUOTE #3 RELATIVE TO MY DESCRIPTION OF OUR SERIAL KILLER JESUS IN MY POST #11:  "The Holy Ghost proceeds from the father, not the Father and the Son."

Scripture like Matthew 28 help show your complete biblical ignorance regarding that the Holy Ghost is equal to the Father and Son!   lead the church to the understanding that the Holy Spirit is fully God. Matthew 28:19 is part of what we call the Great Commission. Jesus says to His followers, “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” (Matthew 28:19).  Therefore, all believers are to be baptized in the threefold name of God, and in this way, the Holy Spirit is seen as equal with the Father and the Son!  Therefore the Holy Ghost proceeds from the Father AND the Son!  Mopac, anyone home today, obviously NOT!  LOL

See what happens when you follow the pagan Catholic Church with it pedophile priests buggering innocent children and the ungodly coverups of same by your church for many years, and the churches gobbledygook understanding of the scriptures, where when followed, you are easily and continually made the blatant Bible ignorant fool? Yes?

Once again your defense for Jesus goes terribly astray where you are guilty of Jesus' inspired words herewith: "For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear."  (2 Timothy 4:3)

I WILL AWAIT A COGENT RESPONSE THIS TIME RELATIVE TO YOUR BIBLE IGNORANCE SHOWN ABOVE, THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
I'm not interested in being a part of your clown game. You are playing a character. An intentionally stupid character.

You are no better than some white dude running around in blackface playing on negative stereotypes. For what laughs? Inciting ignorance and hatred against Christians for the lulz.

But it isn't funny. The last century alone created dozens of millions of martyrs. I hope one day you see the error of your ways. 

Mopac
Mopac
I've said it a dozen times, but the dishonest polemicists won't hear....

Roman Catholicism =/= Orthodox Catholicism

We don't have widespread sexual immorality among the clergy. Most Orthodox priests are married even. Not to say those who are married don't do these evil things, but it probably helps a little!
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Stephen
Does the Rabbi Have a Good Point?
They usually do.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Mopac
Roman Catholicism =/= Orthodox Catholicism
100% THIS.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen
@Mopac

MOPAC, the Judeo-Christian Bible rewriter in the name of Satan,

YOUR PATHETIC RUNAWAY POST ONCE AGAIN BECAUSE YOU DO NOT KNOW YOUR CATHOLIC SUBJECT MATTER WHATSOEVER: "I'm not interested in being a part of your clown game. You are playing a character. An intentionally stupid character."

HUH? Stephen and I were correct once again, you came up with another child like and lame excuse to NOT address my post #20 that easily corrected your Catholic Bible ignorance and stupidity, therefore how can that be stupid when I easily do this at your expense?  Again, I am truly sorry to make you the Catholic Bible Fool once again in front of the membership.  Where are you getting your Catholic information from, a Cracker's Jacks Box? LOL! 

Mopac, once again you are guilty of this inspired by Jesus passage:  "A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion." (Proverbs 18:2)

NEXT BIBLE STUPID AND IGNORANT FOOL EQUAL TO MOPAC WILL BE ...?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
I'm not interested in being a part of your clown game.

You'er  all  the same. You all want to take your ball home once more goals have been scored against you with your own ball.

Once you have been slapped with your own stick and your biblical ignorance has been exposed and embarrassed you , you don't want to play anymore.   If it is any consolation, Mopac, you certainly aren't the only one here that does as you often do.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen
@Mopac

Stephen,

Yep, you and I were correct in MOPAC running away from his pagan Catholic faith as shown in his little girly-boy runaway post #21.  My previous post that he ran away from is #20, where what he thought he knew about his pedophile priest Catholic faith, he drastically didn't!  Within said post of mine, can you believe the audacity of MOPAC stating that Matthew, Thomas, and the psalmist were LIARS as explicitly shown?  At what final costs will MOPAC continue to REWRITE the JUDEO-Christian Bible, or if he reads from the Satanic Douay Rheims Catholic Bible, that is even worse for this Bible fool.

The pseudo-christian named MOPAC bites the proverbial dust once again, and will always be known of being a complete Bible ignorant fool upon this Religion Forum!

NEXT?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
We onlt refer to the Son as Christ, so it would be improper to call Christ The Father.

But Jesus here appears to be contradicting you, Mopac.

John 10:30 "for  I and the Father are one".  

But there again, Jesus also contradicts himself saying;

John 14:28  “ I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I" .

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
Yes. And it's not the first incest story in the book. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
How many incest biblical stories are there , Witch?