Heavy Hitters Mafia

Author: warren42

Read-only
Total: 317
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
With regards to lynching this DP, I'm on the same page as Bringer and Pie. I'm normally not a fan of lynching in DP1 anyway, and the possibility of town confirming GP gives me more reason to support using his vig in place of a lynch. I'll leave it up to him to decide who to target, but given Pie's claim, we would benefit regardless of whether he's town or scum, since we'd skip the next NP if he's town.

Unvote
VTNL
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
The description is pretty thorough. The link to my role kind of works - it's not perfect
I mean if you think hard enough mine kinda makes sense. I’m the champ of Cruiserweight hence the Princess and I’m a promising threat to Fury (the top dude) hence the beloved. 

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
Not saying it doesn't work at all, just saying I don't have to squint that hard to understand my own.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
Not saying it doesn't work at all, just saying I don't have to squint that hard to understand my own.
Gotcha. Ya it’s honestly one of my pet peeves. I strive to make justifications good in my games and because of that it takes a while to make em
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
Gotcha. Ya it’s honestly one of my pet peeves. I strive to make justifications good in my games and because of that it takes a while to make em
Amen to that.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Lunatic
I am even night VIG plus a random message goes out to a random person, town or mafia, that has to confirm the kill.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
I am even night VIG plus a random message goes out to a random person, town or mafia, that has to confirm the kill.

Did you ever post your justification?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
no, i haven't
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Assuming GP is telling the truth, DP1 No Lynch is probably the best course of action

DP1: No Lynch, 7-2
NP1: NK Success, 6-2

———————

DP2: Lynch anyone but Pie, 5-2 or 6-1
NP2: NK + Vig Pie, 3-2 or 4-1 (LYLO)

OR

DP2: No Lynch, 6-2
NP2: NK + Vig Pie, 4-2 (MYLO)

Both involve only 2 nights of actions for information, but in the latter you just get 2 town selected lynches rather than 1 in the former. The latter would involve 2 No Lynches a row tho.

Thoughts?

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
no, i haven't
Could you please do so since your role has some odd mechanics + it helps to see if it’s just me whose justification is stretchy
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Wtf
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Going to watch University of Illinois smoke the shit out of Ohio State
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Greyparrot
I can almost town confirmed GP with this information alone. My role has a very similar dynamic to it and I’ve been waiting to see if anyone else mentioned something like this. I’d still like to see GP’s justification, but this is confirmation enough to me that his role claim isn’t fake. Could still be scum, but that’d be an odd caveat for scum.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@whiteflame
OP said specifically for vanillas to not check out during NP because of this flavor he put in to have a confirmation sent to a random person.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Greyparrot
I noticed, but the specifics of the phrasing of it stand out to me.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
I have insane one-punch power. All but one of my 42 wins have come by KO. Therefore: I am the even night vig. On even night phases I can choose to kill one player.

HOWEVER, since I am no longer a champion, My shot will need to be approved by another player who will be randomly selected.

I asked Warren if Mafia could be selected and he said yes.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
Anything thoughts?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@whiteflame
I guess this makes you solid town in my eyes since scum probably wouldn't volunteer this.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
I don't generally buy flavor claims that conveniently make the role unconfirmable after a reasonable plan for confirmation had been discussed.  GP's even NP claim strike me as a reaction to TOWN's request for confirmation.  I've read whiteflame's soft confirmation but I remain skeptical.  I'm content with a VTNL
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
I am off to babysit again.
Bringerofrain
Debates: 7
Bringerofrain
Warrens post does imply roles like GP describes will be in the game. Pie just used an intimidation tactic with the princess to make us scared to lynch. Smart move on his part.

Unvote VTL Pie

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Bringerofrain
Warrens post does imply roles like GP describes will be in the game. Pie just used an intimidation tactic with the princess to make us scared to lynch. Smart move on his part.
So you really want to risk allowing scum to have 2 NPs in a row rather than just having someone you townread kill me tomorrow night and have two consecutive DPs or kill scum? Your choice ig, though it’s pretty dumb 
Bringerofrain
Bringerofrain
-->
@Lunatic
@Greyparrot
@oromagi
@Speedrace
@MisterChris
This beloved princess thing is such a common scum claim. I am not sure what to say. I wouldn't even be surprised if him and GP are scum together. And this is just a stalling tactic to keep us from lynching either one. Pie's ideal denies us 2 town directed kills and I'm willing to gamble he is not beloved princess. It's a 9 person game, if we can really lose by mislynching pie, losing 2 more town in the following double NP and a 4th town if GP misses his mark. Nobody is designing a game that would allow us to lose 4 townies before we even get to the second DP. Not in a 9 person game. 
Bringerofrain
Bringerofrain
-->
@Vader
@whiteflame
Read the above post. Let's get that last second lynch in
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Bringerofrain
Your DP1 reads are aweful TBH.

Let's hope we get some better play out of you DP2.
Bringerofrain
Bringerofrain
-->
@Greyparrot
I said Pie is scum. I'm pretty confident it is an accurate read. The rest of my reads are negotiable. I think my reads are so spot on I may even be killed NP1
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Bringerofrain
This beloved princess thing is such a common scum claim. I am not sure what to say.
???

Idt I’ve ever seen scum fake claim Beloved Princess before.

I wouldn't even be surprised if him and GP are scum together.
I thought you townread GP lol

And this is just a stalling tactic to keep us from lynching either one. Pie's ideal denies us 2 town directed kills and I'm willing to gamble he is not beloved princess.
You’d get 2 town lynches in either scenario. The latter one is with more POE tho which makes it objectively better.

It's a 9 person game, if we can really lose by mislynching pie, losing 2 more town in the following double NP and a 4th town if GP misses his mark.
Grey cannot shoot till NP2. Plus the whole design of my role relies on punishing town for lynching me.

Nobody is designing a game that would allow us to lose 4 townies before we even get to the second DP. Not in a 9 person game. 
But it’s not designed that way if you’re believe me or Grey. Grey can’t shoot till NP2, and 2 NKs don’t happen if you don’t lynch me
Bringerofrain
Bringerofrain
-->
@ILikePie5
I literally day copped you bro
Bringerofrain
Bringerofrain
Figured I will be killed in the NP now anyway due to the accuracy of my reads so may as well admit I daycopped pie
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Bringerofrain
I literally day copped you bro
Ya I call bs on that. You’re either lying to get me lynched cause you’re full of yourself or you’re scum.