I've reached Top 10 debaters

Author: Theweakeredge

Total: 8
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
We'll see how long it lasts, but as of right now: March 5th, 2021 - 5:36 am CST I've made it to the top 10 debaters on the site, yipee.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
A pertinent question then, to everybody who's seen or followed my debates: what areas would you suggest I need to improve in? What areas do you think I do well enough on and need to emphasize? Feedback is always nice.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Theweakeredge
Congratulations. Your improvement, albeit by a couple of identities, is obvious. But, "be yourself," as Oscar Wilde once said, "everyone else is taken."  Your former dependence on Wiki has gone way, way down. I hope I've had some influence on that. In our current debate, I don't think you've used it once. You may have started there, but you've dug deeper to direct sources, and that's great. One suggestion, even though we're in the middle of a current debate, be careful of using cited courses embedded in a source you've also used. Carefully review the embedded source to assure it fully agrees with the primary source. As a voter, I scrutinize such second-tier sourcing, and often find there is not the correlation you want to have.
You can tell I'm a great believer in good sources, and I'm disappointed that the Mods have seen fit to make sourcing an optional tactic in the new voting policy. Again, as a voter: fair warning: I will never make it optional. If an argument can be damn good without a source, it will not be hurt with one. My "damn good" is a high bar, and I have little regard, as a voter, for "It is because I say so." I've been criticized for that standard, but no one has convinced me yet to back off.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@fauxlaw
Thank you for the advice, I'll be sure to be even more careful with that - though I do believe in this particular instance I think it was sufficient there, but I will be sure to double check.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Theweakeredge
Remember, however, that I can afford the time to do this stuff with some abandon. My schedule is my own; yours has obligations, even to yourself.  Your education is the most important thing you can accomplish right now; don't let this stuff, educating as it might be itself, overwhelm your time. All in good time.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
congratulations!
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@Theweakeredge
Congrats, you've officially peaked
MisterChris
Debates: 45