Are property tax funds devoted to education totally accountable?

Author: fauxlaw ,

Topic's posts

Posts in total: 3
  • fauxlaw
    fauxlaw avatar
    Debates: 57
    Forum posts: 2,385
    fauxlaw avatar
    fauxlaw
    When I first moved to the state wherein I now reside, I immediately saw a TV local news broadcast of the retirement of the school board superintendant, whose retirement package included the title to her company car. Well, I wasn't that upset about that item until the broadcast included a photo of the car: a two-year-old Mercedes 2-door coupe. REALLY? Is that the best use of the education apportionment of property taxes? I'm all on for supporting public education with my taxes, but I draw the line at that kind of apportionment.
  • Athias
    Athias avatar
    Debates: 12
    Forum posts: 1,226
    Athias avatar
    Athias
    --> @fauxlaw
    When I first moved to the state wherein I now reside, I immediately saw a TV local news broadcast of the retirement of the school board superintendant, whose retirement package included the title to her company car. Well, I wasn't that upset about that item until the broadcast included a photo of the car: a two-year-old Mercedes 2-door coupe. REALLY? Is that the best use of the education apportionment of property taxes? I'm all on for supporting public education with my taxes, but I draw the line at that kind of apportionment.
    That's not the worst of it. Many of them receive six-figure severance payments. Public financing, in any form, whether it be for health care or even education, is a scheme. It's a means to siphon funds from the unwitting without legal dissent.
  • fauxlaw
    fauxlaw avatar
    Debates: 57
    Forum posts: 2,385
    fauxlaw avatar
    fauxlaw
    Any teachers on this site who are unemployed, but receiving unempl. insurance, are you obligated to pay union dues out of those payments?