Whatever happened to free market capitalism?

Author: Double_R

Total: 131
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
-->
@Unpopular
Everything you've said in this thread is correct. 

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Greyparrot
Absolute bullshit. Companies wouldn't be doing this if they didn't have the government protecting them from free competition.

How are entities like Coca Cola and MLB being protected by government? I know the government subsidizes them through food stamps and by forcing tax payers to foot the bill for  stadiums, but how are they being protected from competition? 

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle

It pays to promote Americabad.

Just ask LeBron James.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
Companies like Apple, Nike, NBA and Coca-Cola operate precisely like rats on a sinking ship.

They see America in full decline and they know exactly where to go for safe harbor.
Anti-American propaganda is the grease for the wheels.

The US dropped to 20th on economic freedom.

With a low ranking like this, there really is no threat to their American market share. The lower the score on this chart, the more friendly a nation is to crony capitalism.

And China leads the world in Crony Capitalism.

You won't find Companies in, say, Australia(3) or New Zealand(2) overtly attacking their local consumers to gain market share in China because they are much more easily replaced than the Crony Monopolies entrenched in the USA.(20)
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Greyparrot
Predictably, none of your response comes close to answering my question. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
Predictably, none of your response comes close to answering my question. 
Because I was wrong about the reasons why Coke did this.
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Greyparrot
I'm not sure what you're referring to. I was responding to your post about how "companies wouldn't be doing this [promoting leftist values or policy] if they didn't have government protecting them from free competition." 

Even if you were mistaken about the reasons Coke promoted leftist values or policies as you responded, that doesn't answer how the government protects Coke from competition like you claimed earlier. 

It doesn't seem the government actively protects Coke from their competition (such as PepsiCo, Nestle, Keurig Doctor Pepper, Tropicana and Red Bull to name a few). So I think it's fair to say that so far it hasn't been proven that companies only reject right-wing values or policy when the government helps them.

What's interesting is that you'd think big corporations would be on the side of the party that routinely advocates to cut their taxes, but they're not in the instance of Coca Cola and other companies speaking out against the new voter legislation in Georgia. I think their comments are too little too late, but at least they publicly acknowledged how egregious it is for whatever that's worth. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
What's interesting is that you'd think big corporations would be on the side of the party that routinely advocates to cut their taxes, but they're not in the instance of Coca Cola and other companies speaking out against the new voter legislation in Georgia. 
Companies don't primarily care about taxes. They primarily care about exemptions and subsidies because industry-wide tax breaks don't destroy competition like the former 2 things. Taxing the entire industry rarely ever translates to a larger market share by large companies. Market share is the ultimate prize.

When large companies lobby, it isn't for lower taxes. It's for more control over the Market. Lobbies don't need to pay DC politicians ungodly amounts to insert thousands of pages into current pork legislation just to get "lower taxes." 

Corrupt lobbies are the costs associated with a society that centrally plans its economy from a dystopia like Washington DC.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
 I think their comments are too little too late, but at least they publicly acknowledged how egregious it is for whatever that's worth. 
So Companies have discovered that they can be used as mercenary footsoldiers for politicians in Washington DC. It's a new era in Crony corruption. No longer does a lobby need simply pay money to the DC coffers. Actions that destroy political competition are worth as much.

The fact that most Democrat States and Cities have uncontested political monopolies is a testament to how well the Democrat's strategy of destroying political competition manifests itself. Despite how bad Detroit, Chicago, New York, or California is, there hasn't been any real political competition in over 50 years, longer than you have been alive.

Republicans are new to the game, but they are catching up. Nothing Coke, Nike, or Apple has done or will do is going to actually help the lives of minorities anywhere on the planet. This is all about power and control. This power control game is why voter ID isn't an issue in states where Democrats already have a political monopoly. People in Detroit don't have a political alternative to vote for, regardless of how poorly or well the election process is regulated. Voter ID laws don't matter for those minorities.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Republicans are new to the game, but they are catching up. 
And what game exactly are republicans are not playing?
triangle.128k
Debates: 0
triangle.128k
Do conservatives still believe in it? If so, what exactly is supposed to be done about it and why do republican politicians seem to expect that you will vote for them over this?
Free market capitalism and social conservatism are in inherent contradiction to one another. It baffles me that conservative morons still defend it in this day and age.

I'll say that tech companies can fuck off and be broken up under antitrust law, I don't care for "capitalism."