Jesus Wasn't Dead When They Took Him Down From The Cross

Author: Stephen

Total: 94
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@Stephen
That has nothing to do with the thread. But I find the bible a fascinating read and always have. I hope that answers your question.

No , it does not. I find many things "fascinating" I dislike. You obviously dislike Christianity and the scriptures involved. 

" whereas at first you seemed somewhat polite."

It gets tedious having  to repeat ones stance on the bible every time I have question or an opinion and I will admit frustration sometimes does, but rarely, creeps in. Particularly when I am repeatedly told that any fault lies with me, that   I don't understand the scriptures or I am reading them wrong or have mistranslated them and many other ridiculous reasons for the theist not to have to explain away a biblical ambiguous anomaly. It is not hard to work out that some of the theisit here haven't read much- if any - of the scriptures  that they are so eager to defend.

Either that or you are not qualified to interpret them in a legit way because you do  not apply spiritual things to yourself? for example, you think because the Gospels mention "some" people murmured amongst themselves that Jesus was out of his mind and you interpret that as everyone believing Jesus was crazy. That is simply stupidity. Perhaps it is not Theists that have not read much? the Gospels are a perfect example of true spirituality, anything less is not adequate.

Take those contradictions above; just a few of hundreds contained in the bible that fawning sycophantic theist deny even exist never mind try to explain.

We have to discuss those contradictions and whether or not they actually matter in relevance to the soul.

Take the word Heaven: it is mentioned in the Bible over 550 times yet not a single resident theist here can explain what it is or where it is, yet the bible quite clearly states that it is occupied by some kind of beings of one sort or another and many christians believe a war once took place there and a devil was cast down from it?
 So where is heaven? what is heaven?  are you going to answer?

Of course I'll answer, I have never not answered a forthcoming question. Heaven is an ACTUAL planet, it's most likely located in the higher part of the astral realm. There are several universes that exist beyond this one we perceive as humans. The heaven of the Bible is not the only heaven. There are many.

disgusted
disgusted
@ET
the Gospels are a perfect example of true spirituality, anything less is not adequate.

Yeah, after all it purportedly records a god being killed by humans, now that's spitual.
We have to discuss those contradictions and whether or not they actually matter in relevance to the soul.
Umm no! The contradictions exist and you can't explain them you can only run away and there is no evidence that any such thing as a soul exists.
Of course I'll answer, I have never not answered a forthcoming question. Heaven is an ACTUAL planet, it's most likely located in the higher part of the astral realm. There are several universes that exist beyond this one we perceive as humans. The heaven of the Bible is not the only heaven. There are many.
And the answer is, as always, fantasy plucked from the depths of your very warped imagination.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@disgusted
Let me know if you ever come up with an argument, I may have a heart attack though.....how many years has it been now and you have never produced a legit debate/argument/response? how old are you again?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@EtrnlVw
You obviously dislike Christianity and the scriptures involved. 

I have made no secret of the fact that it is the scriptures that I have a problem with. Do you see what I did there AGAIN? I have had to explain my stance for the billionth time.This is what I get annoyed about. I have no problem with Christians or Christianity and have never believed I could change their beliefs. I wouldn’t bother trying and that is not my intention. I feel sorry for those Christians Who have believed the stories presented as they are in the New Testament. So for the billionth a 2 times that is where I stand on theist and the scriptures
Either that or you aren't qualified to interpret them in a legit way because you do  not apply spiritual things to yourself?

No it is “that”. But I notice you too have added remarks on my “qualifications” to read and “interpret”these anomalous, ambiguous half stories, that make up these extremely unreliable scriptures.  I have an opinions and I have questions. Nothing qualifies you any more than me to interpret these stories any better or worse.

Gospels mention"some" people murmured amongst themselves that Jesus was out of his mind.

I have presented verses from many bibles concerning Jesus’ state of mind. You have presented nothing that states any such thing as you claim as “some people” or “people murmuring”. But even if you could, this again would show the inconsistencies that lay within these scriptures.

you interpret that as everyone believing Jesus was crazy. 

No I have PRESENTED what is written.  He may have or may not have been “crazy”. His mother, the Holy Blessed among All Women Mother Of God and Jesus’ siblings seemed to agree with their mother that he had lost his mind. THAT IS WHAT I AM SAYING

Well that would be up to you what the “relevance “  of  these blatant contradictions actually means to you. But “relevance to the soul”  is just swerving the issue. First you have to admit they are there and that they are in fact contradictions.
 But the “relevance” to me shows,  NO, proves , that the scriptures are unreliable and cannot be taken on face value.

Heaven is an ACTUAL planet,
The Gospel of Judas say similar but this lost gospel calls it a realm named Barbelo, but I would settle on "planet" because the ancient Sumerians relate something similar.

But again the problem we have here is that old Christian adage “ if it ain’t in the bible it ain’t true.  And you infer THAT I ! have misread and misinterpreted AND misrepresented and that I  don’t know my arse from elbow.

I am better read than you give me credit for my friend and and I can assure you;  these ancient biblical scriptures I am well read in.  

Try selling " Jesus was from another ACTUAL planet"  to Mopac or Ethang5, Mopac keeps inferring that "Jesus is an alien".

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Stephen
 " I have made no secret of the fact that it is the scriptures that I have a problem with. Do you see what I did there AGAIN? I have had to explain my stance for the billionth time.This is what I get annoyed about. I have no problem with Christians or Christianity and have never believed I could change their beliefs. I wouldn’t bother trying and that is not my intention. I feel sorry for those Christians Who have believed the stories presented as they are in the New Testament. So for the billionth a 2 times that is where I stand on theist and the scriptures"

You don't seem to comprehend what you say isn't always the case, it is called opinion. That is why it's not only annoying for you, but us as well. I know you have a problem with scriptures, but it's your problem not mine so don't get that twisted. I don't rely on the Bible being a perfect piece of work and so imperfections within stories and accounts have no relevance to me personally or my spiritual development. Does that make sense?
likewise, those imperfections have no relevance to your spiritual development and the Bible scriptures contains knowledge that is useful for you. So maybe if you settle down a bit (and realize the book was created by imperfect writers) you would see that as well and maybe you could learn some important things from it.

Either that or you aren't qualified to interpret them in a legit way because you do  not apply spiritual things to yourself?

"No it is “that”. But I notice you too have added remarks on my “qualifications” to read and “interpret”these anomalous, ambiguous half stories, that make up these extremely unreliable scriptures.  I have an opinions and I have questions. Nothing qualifies you any more than me to interpret these stories any better or worse."

I'm going by what I see and read from you. Read above, I have never argued for the perfection of the Bible and that is ridiculous. I take from it what is useful and that is the only things that matter anyways.

Gospels mention"some" people murmured amongst themselves that Jesus was out of his mind.

" I have presented verses from many bibles concerning Jesus’ state of mind. You have presented nothing that states any such thing as you claim as “some people” or “people murmuring”. But even if you could, this again would show the inconsistencies that lay within these scriptures. "

It doesn't matter if you paste 200 versions of the same verse lol, you aren't getting the point. The Bible was not claiming Jesus was out of His mind, there were people who thought that and I explained why. Perhaps go back and read what I wrote. Jesus was doing and saying things people never heard before. It's irrelevant that anyone though Jesus was crazy, we can read His actions and teachings and gather our own opinion. 
 you interpret that as everyone believing Jesus was crazy.

"No I have PRESENTED what is written.  He may have or may not have been “crazy”. His mother, the Holy Blessed among All Women Mother Of God and Jesus’ siblings seemed to agree with their mother that he had lost his mind. THAT IS WHAT I AM SAYING"

Where does it say Jesus' mother thought he was crazy? besides that, has your mother ever told you that you were out of your mind? people say that all the time about others, it doesn't signify that is was the case, it was an OPINION. Jesus' mother was there with Him until the end, she supported His cause and mission.

"Well that would be up to you what the “relevance “  of  these blatant contradictions actually means to you. But “relevance to the soul”  is just swerving the issue. First you have to admit they are there and that they are in fact contradictions.
 But the “relevance” to me shows,  NO, proves , that the scriptures are unreliable and cannot be taken on face value."

Perhaps you don't understand what I meant by relevance to the soul?....those are the only things that matter in scriptures, what actually is relevant to the individual. Everything else is basically irrelevant. So, if you can produce some blatant contradictions regarding what applies to the SELF, we will have to discuss those because I believe they do not exist, at least in the Bible. BTW, my beliefs are not limited by the Bible, I study all forms of spirituality.

Heaven is an ACTUAL planet,

"The Gospel of Judas say similar but this lost gospel calls it a realm named Barbelo, but I would settle on "planet" because the ancient Sumerians relate something similar."

It is a planet within a realm just like the earth in our universe, did you think heaven was in the clouds lol?? it is a planet that exists outside the physical universe, likely in the upper region of the lower half of the grand division of creation. It's not something you could find in our own universe, but within the multi-verses what I call the God-worlds.

"But again the problem we have here is that old Christian adage “ if it ain’t in the bible it ain’t true.  And you infer THAT I ! have misread and misinterpreted AND misrepresented and that I  don’t know my arse from elbow."

I don't get "all" my information squarely from the Bible or Jewish scriptures as I have said and so that doesn't matter to me.

"I am better read than you give me credit for my friend and and I can assure you;  these ancient biblical scriptures I am well read in. "

But do you understand them and how they are relevant to your spiritual being is the key question? you can always be a skeptic but at some point you will have to make a stand.

"Try selling " Jesus was from another ACTUAL planet"  to Mopac or Ethang5, Mopac keeps inferring that "Jesus is an alien"."

This is between you and I. They are free to ask me whatever it is they wish to.

Goldtop
Goldtop
It is a planet within a realm just like the earth in our universe, did you think heaven was in the clouds lol?? it is a planet that exists outside the physical universe, likely in the upper region of the lower half of the grand division of creation. It's not something you could find in our own universe, but within the multi-verses what I call the God-worlds.
And, that's not a delusion? How could you possibly know that exists? It's simply not possible, you had to have made this up.

disgusted
disgusted
@ET
The reason you runaway is because you have no response to my arguments, they fly right over your empty head.
disgusted
disgusted
@ET
The Bible was not claiming Jesus was out of His mind,
It was god claiming that in "The Word of GOD."

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@EtrnlVw
did you think heaven was in the clouds lol??
No. I have said the Sumerians state similar. Astronomers often use the word heaven to describe space and realms and constellations as being in the “heavens”. The planets are described as “heavenly bodies” So there is absolutely no need for your childish sarcasm, get a grip.

but it's your problem not mine so don't get that twisted.
No. It is your problem when you are unable to explain what it is that you try to push onto and preach to others  I find them problematic as in - you /Christians have a lot of trouble explaining away these anomalous and ambiguous half stories. So you make stories up of your own, you rewrite biblical passages and produce what isn’t even written and you give poor explanations for verses that do not make sense AT all on the surface.

Example John 11:16
“Then said Thomas, which is called Didymus, unto his fellow disciples, Let us also go, that we may die with him”. Explain that!
 I believe it is symbolic death that he being spoken of here but the fawning sycophantic clowns here believes that these disciples are asking to actually physically die.

I don't rely on the Bible being a perfect piece of work and so imperfections within stories and accounts have no relevance to me personally or my spiritual development. 
Does that make sense? 

Only in the sense that it excuses you from explaining the anomalous and ambiguous half stories. : A - get out -  in other words. You must think I am totally stupid.I am not.
But at least you have gone some way to admitting that these scriptures are “imperfect” whereas I have said they are unreliable to be taken on face value and as fact. And I am not interested in your “spiritual development” that is your business not mine. ButI do see you are trying to distance yourself from these arguments simply telling me that you don’t “rely on the bible being perfect”.

I take from it [the bible] what is useful and that is the only things that matter anyways. 

And what are the useless parts that you discard?

The Bible was not claiming Jesus was out of His mind.
 No, the bible is stating that his family, which included his mother had said he had gone out of his mind.Stop trying to put words into my mouth.  Yet We have one poster here even denying that Mary was Jesus mother in this instance. . To deny this kind of thing is simply fanaticism at its worst.
 The scripture states “family” and the for and aft verses state his mother was there to see him.

has your mother ever told you that you were out of your mind?
Irrelevant.

Jesus' mother was there with Him until the end, she supported His cause and mission.

Evidence please. She was at the birth obviously, and then she is almost completely written out of the narrative altogether until the crucifixion. So let me see your evidence of  Mother Mary’s support.
And while we are on the subject of evidence, I am still waiting for you evidence of  “some people” or “people murmuring”.

what actually is relevant to the individual.

I have said, I am not interested in the relevance to you and or the individual. I am only addressing and concerned with what is written in these unreliable scriptures.

So, if you can produce some blatant contradictions regarding what applies to the SELF,

You are coming apart from what I am reading here. What applies to one person doesn’t necessarily apply to another. What is considered relevant to one does not necessarily hold relevance for another.  I am not interested in “contradictions of the SELF” or the " spiritual"  and what they do for you; the individual. . These scriptures as I Have said, are simply unreliable to be taken on face value as fact.

I don't get"all" my information squarely from the Bible or Jewish scriptures
Good for you.
But do you understand them.

I do. And they have no reflection or bearing on my being spiritual SELF or otherwise.

you can always be a skeptic but at some point you will have to make a stand.

I have and I am not moving from my opinion without explanations or answers to my questions.  So, AGAIN  here's my stance  that is to say - where I Stand - for the 20 billionth time:

THESE SCRIPTURES ARE UNRELIABLE. They are ambiguous, anomalous and are presented as half stories particularly in the New Testament. And no one has shown me anything to the contrary.
 That again is my stance. 
PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@Stephen
You keep making all these outlandish claims in thread after thread.

I.e., Jesus Wasn't Dead When They Took Him Down From The Cross

The problem with the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

One God? It is simply Not True

Lazarus. The "raising".

Why was the NT Zacharias "struck dumb"?

Why don't you make some of these formal debate challenges?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@PGA2.0
Why? You can't answer them as straightforward questions you'd have no hope in a debate.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@PGA2.0

I am quite content debating and discussing my opinions right here in the open. Why should that bother you .

Yes and?  I have not seen nor read anything to prove otherwise.

There are as I have shown.
It isn't true is it. the bible makes that undeniably clear.
Lazarus. The "raising".
Yes, and? Lazerus wasn't dead either and you cannot prove otherwise. I have shown it to be a symbolic ritualistic "raising" to a higher status and you don't like that .

Yes and?
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Stephen

I am quite content debating and discussing my opinions right here in the open. Why should that bother you .

Because there is no accountability for what you are saying. 

Yes and?  I have not seen nor read anything to prove otherwise.
 Who are you reading? One does not develop a philosophy like this without being deeply influenced by others.

There are as I have shown.

You created the problem that can be reconciled when properly understood. 

It isn't true is it. the bible makes that undeniably clear.
No, it does not. You read into the Bible what you want it to say.

Lazarus. The "raising".
Yes, and? Lazerus wasn't dead either and you cannot prove otherwise. I have shown it to be a symbolic ritualistic "raising" to a higher status and you don't like that .
Not according to the text. That is the source of reference. You are reading into it something it does not reveal. That is not an honest interpretation.

Yes and?
Your conclusions are the and. Pick one and we can have a formal debate over it. Let's see what others think of your truth claims.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@PGA2.0
philosophy like this without being deeply influenced by others.

Atheism has no such need. Your fantasy world on the other hand is desperately in need of being influenced by others ie indoctrination.
Reality stands on it's own. God belief is contingent on indoctrination.

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@disgusted
philosophy like this without being deeply influenced by others.

Atheism has no such need. Your fantasy world on the other hand is desperately in need of being influenced by others ie indoctrination.
Reality stands on it's own. God belief is contingent on indoctrination.
It is you who are indoctrinated. Francis Schaeffer wrote a masterful, piece tracing how this has been done that those who are open-minded (I exclude you) should read. [1]

Here is a smidgeon of what he said:

"Christians, in the last 80 years or so, have only been seeing things as bits and pieces which have gradually begun to trouble them and others, instead of understanding that they are the natural outcome of a change from a Christian World View to a Humanistic one; things such as
overpermissiveness , pornography, the problem of the public schools, the breakdown of the family, abortion, infanticide (the killing of newborn babies), increased emphasis upon the euthanasia of the old and many, many other things...
I want to say to you, those of you who are Christians or even if you are not a Christian and you are troubled about the direction that our society is going in, that we must not concentrate merely on the bits and pieces. But we must understand that all of these dilemmas come on the basis of moving from the Judeo-Christian world view -- that the final reality is an infinite creator God -- over into this other reality which is that the final reality is only energy or material in some mixture or form which has existed forever and which has taken its present shape by pure chance.
The word Humanism should be carefully defined....It gives no value system. It gives no basis for law, and therefore, in this case, man must be the measure of all things. So, Humanism properly defined, in contrast, let us say, to the humanities or humanitarianism, (which is something entirely different and which Christians should be in favor of) being the measure of all things, comes naturally, mathematically, inevitably, certainly. If indeed the final reality is silent about these values, then man must generate them from himself.
So, Humanism is the absolute certain result, if we choose this other final reality and say that is what it is. You must realize that when we speak of man being the measure of all things under the Humanist label, the first thing is that man has only knowledge from himself. That he, being finite, limited, very faulty in his observation of many things, yet nevertheless, has no possible source of knowledge except what man, beginning from himself, can find out from his own observation. Specifically, in this view, there is no place for any knowledge from God.
But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice. More frightening still, in our country, at our own moment of history, is the fact that any basis of law then becomes arbitrary -- merely certain people making decisions as to what is for the good of society at the given moment.
Now this is the real reason for the breakdown in morals in our country. It's the real reason for the breakdown in values in our country, and it is the reason that our Supreme Court now functions so thoroughly upon the fact of arbitrary law. They have no basis for law that is fixed, therefore, like the young person who decides to live hedonistically upon their own chosen arbitrary values, society is now doing the same thing legally. Certain few people come together and decide what they arbitrarily believe is for the good of society at the given moment, and that becomes law.
Continue on next post.
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@disgusted

"The world view that the final reality is only material or energy shaped by pure chance, inevitably, (that's the next word I would bring to you ) mathematically -- with mathematical certainty -- brings forth all these other results which are in our country and in our society which have led to the breakdown in the country -- in society -- and which are its present sorrows. So, if you hold this other world view
, you must realize that it is inevitable that we will come to the very sorrows of relativity and all these other things that are so represented in our country at this moment of history.It should be noticed that this new dominant world view is a view which is exactly opposite from that of the founding fathers of this country. Now, not all the founding fathers were individually, personally, Christians. That certainly is true. But, nevertheless, they founded the country on the base that there is a God who is the Creator (now I come to the next central phrase) who gave the inalienable rights.
We must understand something very thoroughly. If society -- if the state gives the rights, it can take them away -- they're not inalienable. If the states give the rights, they can change them and manipulate them. But this was not the view of the founding fathers of this country. They believed, although not all of them were individual Christians, that there was a Creator and that this Creator gave the inalienable rights -- this upon which our country was founded and which has given us the freedoms which we still have -- even the freedoms which are being used now to destroy the freedoms.
The reason that these freedoms were there is because they believed there was somebody who gave the inalienable rights. But if we have the view that the final reality is material or energy which has existed forever in some form, we must understand that this view never, never, never would have given the rights which we now know and which, unhappily, I say to you (those of you who are Christians) that too often you take all too much for granted. You forget that the freedoms which we have in northern Europe after the Reformation (and the United States is an extension of that, as would be Australia or Canada, New Zealand, etc.) are absolutely unique in the world.
Occasionally, some of you who have gone to universities have been taught that these freedoms are rooted in the Greek city-states. That is not the truth. All you have to do is read Plato's Republic and you understand that the Greek city-states never had any concept of the freedoms that we have. Go back into history. The freedoms which we have (the form / freedom balance of government) are unique in history and they are also unique in the world at this day."

(End of quote)

Democrats largely are a party that is using man as the measure. They have had control of the legal system for years now in its undermining of the Judeo-Christian worldview (thus the big fuss when two conservative judges were appointed to the Supreme Court). Schools and universities, the press, the media, the legal system, Hollywood, politicians, have all used man as the measure indoctrination to arrive at the current impasse the USA currently sits in, and most, as Schaeffer points out, don't even know how they got here because they are ignorant of history and do not see their indoctrination, just like Nazi Germany indoctrinated the masses. 

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@PGA2.0
Who the fuck is Francis Schaeffer and what difference does he make to the shape of an egg?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@PGA2.0
I don't know from shemocrats whatever they are, your task is to explain how I've been indoctrinated and with what have I been indoctrinated. Quoting some unknown indoctrinator is typical childish nonsense, you are only capable of believing the imaginations of men, reality is beyond your capacity to grasp.
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@disgusted
Who the  _  _ _ _ is Francis Schaeffer and what difference does he make to the shape of an egg?
Figure it out for yourself. Bye-bye!

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@PGA2.0

I can account for what I am saying. You just can’t seem to grasp the fact that my arguments are from the scriptures and my opinions are concerned with the scriptures. It is not me who has to account for anything. You either defend these scriptures against what I say about them or simply ignore me. That is your choice.

Who are you reading?
I am reading the scriptures. It is very rare I have to resort to outside sources to support myopinions and or theories. You see the bible is so flawed it is easy to find faults within them when looked at closely with a keen and sharp eye..
One does not develop a philosophy like this without being deeply influenced by others.
That is an opinion. I Am not “influenced” by anyone. The scriptures are full of faults and contradictions. They don’t stand up to close scrutiny. This is a fact.

Nope. That is a lie. The Problem with the Tree Of Knowledge of Good and Evil story is that it simply isn’t true as it is presented to us in the scriptures. It is presented as a fairy tale with talking snakes, life giving trees and flaming swords and a god who is all singing all dancing but who manages lose his creation among the bushes and trees  and has to shout out to his creation “ where are you” because he couldn’t find him....

No, it does not. You Read into the Bible what you want it to say.
Again that is simply alie. The bible is clear that there are more than one god and here are just a few of the examples so stop telling lies.
 In Genesis 1:26 we read, "Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, after our likeness'"(emphasis added). Genesis 3:22 adds, "Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil" (emphasis added).

Besides,   what had this particular god to be jealous about if he was the only god?
Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Exodus 20:3

Your conclusions are the and. Pick One and we can have a formal debate over it.
Here is short list of my threads.  You pick one and we can carry on from where it/they were left off. But I suggest you read all of the thread before posting as I won’t be repeating anything I have already said on the thread you choose.

Abraham Was Backward

Who was the God of Joseph, Son of Jacob?
I Hear the Phrase often " the war in heaven",...
Barabbas. More Lies!

Everything Is Wrong about the Biblical Creation in Genesis
“You Shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything"

The problem with the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.
Lazarus, theraising
Who can explain this verse to me

Zacharias.
This risen Christ

Let's see what others think of your truth claims.
  I have said. I am quite content to air my thoughts and opinions right here thank you. If you cannot cope with that, that's your problem, not mine. People here can see quite clearly what I have to say and they can add their opinions of “what they think” at any time they choose. They or you either rebut my claim  and or opinion with evidence or simply don't engage. I don't care either way.

But let me remind you again. This is a - religion - forum , it is not a -  religious -  forum for the religious only.

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Stephen

I can account for what I am saying. You just can’t seem to grasp the fact that my arguments are from the scriptures and my opinions are concerned with the scriptures. It is not me who has to account for anything. You either defend these scriptures against what I say about them or simply ignore me. That is your choice.
I will be glad to defend the Scriptures in a formal debate where what we say is judged by a panel of the best debaters on the forum, otherwise there is no accountability for you spewing forth these comments.

Who are you reading? 
I am reading the scriptures. It is very rare I have to resort to outside sources to support my opinions and or theories. You see the bible is so flawed it is easy to find faults within them when looked at closely with a keen and sharp eye.

Even if I grant you what you said, you are reading INTO the Scriptures things they do not say or even infer. Your fault finding comes from an ignorance of the deeper meaning, the spiritual meaning that goes over your head. 

One does not develop a philosophy like this without being deeply influenced by others.

That is an opinion. I Am not “influenced” by anyone. The scriptures are full of faults and contradictions. They don’t stand up to close scrutiny. This is a fact.
What you call contradictions hold reasonable, logical answers.

Nope. That is a lie. The Problem with the Tree Of Knowledge of Good and Evil story is that it simply isn’t true as it is presented to us in the scriptures. It is presented as a fairy tale with talking snakes, life giving trees and flaming swords and a god who is all singing all dancing but who manages lose his creation among the bushes and trees  and has to shout out to his creation “ where are you” because he couldn’t find him

You avoided confronting the issue in DDO by formally debating it. The problem with forum threads is that you are never held to the unreasonableness of your claims. You are never held accountable for what you say. Thus, it is a waste of time engaging in a thread, but a debate is a different story. 

No, it does not. You Read into the Bible what you want it to say.
Again that is simply a lie. The bible is clear that there are more than one god and here are just a few of the examples so stop telling lies.
 In Genesis 1:26 we read, "Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, after our likeness'"(emphasis added). Genesis 3:22 adds, "Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil" (emphasis added).

Besides,   what had this particular god to be jealous about if he was the only god?
Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Exodus 20:3
The Bible is clear there is only one true and living God, that God is God and there is no other. The use of the plural points to the Trinity, one God, three Persons of the Godhead. What applies to the Father applies to the Son and Spirit also. 

If this is the subject you choose to debate do it so formally and I will be glad to debate it with you. 

Your conclusions are the and. Pick One and we can have a formal debate over it. 
Here is short list of my threads.  You pick one and we can carry on from where it/they were left off. But I suggest you read all of the thread before posting as I won’t be repeating anything I have already said on the thread you choose.

The problem with the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Choose one of the two and set up a formal debate on it, or I can set up the debate if you wish?

Let's see what others think of your truth claims.
  I have said. I am quite content to air my thoughts and opinions right here thank you. If you cannot cope with that, that's your problem, not mine. People here can see quite clearly what I have to say and they can add their opinions of “what they think” at any time they choose. They or you either rebut my claim and or opinion with evidence or simply don't engage. I don't care either way.

But let me remind you again. This is a - religion - forum , 
it is not a -  religious -  forum for the religious only.

I never denied that last statement but I welcome it that the forum brings religious and non-religious arguments. What I object to is that you are not being held accountable for what you say. Often, you morph off when questioned. Thus, a formal debate is the only way to get feedback for who has the more reasonable view of Scripture. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@PGA2.0
otherwise there is no accountability for you spewing forth these comments.
 Opinion again. I will take it you don’t want to discuss these threads and or defend them against my opinions and or theories.I don’t care. I have said anyone here can judge what I have to say right here in the open.

Even if I grant you what you said, you are reading INTO the Scriptures things they do not say or even infer. 
 Opinion without evidence isn’t a good argument. It is just an opinion. I have told you, it isn't for me to have to defend what I say but for you to
debunk with good solid evidence and not repetitious posts over  and over of other unreliable verses from the same  unreliable source.

Your fault finding comes from an ignorance of the deeper meaning,
Opinion. When you say “a deeper meaning” that is to say you can offer anything to support anything you say believing it to be some kind of proof . it isn’t, it is just more opinion.

the spiritual meaning that goes over your head. 

Yes, “the spiritual”  that weird and unexplainable mysterious nonsense that the bible doesn’t explain at all. A belief in something that is not universally accepted by science and millions of unbelievers/atheists but  only by the faithful,  so that wouldn’t do either.

What you call contradictions hold reasonable, logical answers.

I won’t dispute that,but the problem is the bible  rarely does  contain those “logical answers” on its own. As I have shown.

You avoided confronting the issue in DDO by formally debating it.
 DDO. I wasn't on DDO.  But I have avoided debate here So what?It is not compulsory. I am happy showing anyone who cares to read here what a mixed up, confusing, anomalous and ambiguous pile of half stories and nonsense these scriptures are on the surface. You don’t like that.

The problem with forum threads is that you are never held to the unreasonableness of your claims. 

No I think the problem that YOU have with forum threads is that YOU do not like me highlighting the confusing,anomalous and ambiguous pile of half stories and nonsense these scriptures are on the surface. They are not as straightforward as you claim they are, this in turn leaves the likes of YOU to make any claim you like in an attempt to explain away the glaring  contradictory confusing,anomalous and ambiguous pile of half stories and nonsense these scriptures are.

You are never held accountable for what you say.

You keep saying this. Stop Boring me.

Thus, it is a waste of time engaging in a thread,

Your choice.

but a debate is a different story. 
Opinion

If this is the subject you choose to debate do it so formally and I will be glad to debate it with you.  .

I have already started debates on many biblical subjects on this open forum. You can take it or leave it. You can resurrect one of my old threads or just go away and preach to the converted. I don’t care either way

What I object to is that you are not being held accountable for what you say.
 I am trying not to laugh. What is stopping you holding me to account on this open forum with some evidence contrary to my opinions and or theories?.

I believe your problem lays in the possibility that I just may be causing people to have a rethink about what they have been led to believe since childhood. But I don’t think you should worry too much. There are only a handful of regular posters on this religion subforum. So you shouldn’t lose any sleep.

a formal debate is the only way to get feedback for who has the more reasonable view of Scripture. 
Already addressed about a billion times now. I am happy right here, thank you very much.

I won't engage you any longer on this thread. You have managed to disrupt it by creating an argument with me personally.   

JUST TO REMIND YOU. THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD IS: 

Jesus Wasn't Dead When They Took Him Down From The Cross

IT IS NOT ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT ME PERSONALLY OR ABOUT WHERE I SHOULD BE PITCHING MY ARGUMENTS, OPINIONS OR THEORIES

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Stephen
Yes even Pilate was amazed at how quick Jesus had “died”.  Mark 15:44
Mark 15:44 (NASB)
44 Pilate wondered if He was dead by this time, and summoning the centurion, he questioned him as to whether He was already dead.

What you do is called selective citing. You ISOLATE verses out of context. You take into consideration only a small portion of the message and then turn it into your personal opinion rather than gleaning what the true meaning is. You do this with almost every Bible verse you interact with. Then you deny you have done this.

Here is the rest of the context:

Jesus Is Buried
42 When evening had already come, because it was the preparation day, that is, the day before the Sabbath, 43 Joseph of Arimathea came, a prominent member of the Council, who himself was waiting for the kingdom of God; and he gathered up courage and went in before Pilate, and asked for the body of Jesus. 44 Pilate wondered if He was dead by this time, and summoning the centurion, he questioned him as to whether He was already dead. 45 And ascertaining this from the centurion, he granted the body to Joseph. 46 Joseph bought a linen cloth, took Him down, wrapped Him in the linen cloth and laid Him in a tomb which had been hewn out in the rock; and he rolled a stone against the entrance of the tomb. 47 Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of Joses were looking on to see where He was laid.

So you ignore the very next verse that explains to you the expert testimony of the centurion.

45 And ascertaining this from the centurion, he granted the body to Joseph. 

So Pilate had the testimony of the centurion who would know whether Jesus was dead. What does "this" refer to in the context?

The Roman's had practiced crucifixion for over a hundred years before Christ, as testified to by Josephus. He records specific incidents of crucifixion in the following link provided for those who wish to check out his testimony:

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Stephen
The Apostle John said that the two crucified alongside Jesus were still alive six hours after they were crucified so “the soldiers therefore came and broke the legs of the first man who had been crucified with Jesus, and then those of the other” to make sure they would die before the Sabbath.    John 19:31-34. 
John 19:31-34 (NASB)
Care of the Body of Jesus
31 Then the Jews, because it was the day of preparation,  so that the bodies would not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
 32 So the soldiers came, and broke the legs of the first man and of the other who was crucified with Him;33 but coming to Jesus, when they saw that He was already dead, they did not break His legs. 34 But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out.

So, once again, the text tells you that Jesus is dead. You SPECULATE on whether what it says is true or not, but the text tells you. You READ into it what it does not say again - "they saw that He was already dead."

Who saw this according to the text? It was the soldiers who were responsible for executing criminals and dissidents. 'They' in context refers to the soldiers. They did not need to break His legs to cause Him to die quickly because He was already dead. Not only this, but you have to take into consideration all four gospel accounts on that very subject.

A spear thrust into His side produced blood and water. That is a significant statement. Do you understand its significance? Frank Morison, who wrote a definitive book on the subject (Who Moved the Stone?) plus many others, including medical doctors describe what blood and water
mean:

"Nevertheless, to ensure Jesus was dead, a Roman soldier thrust his spear into Jesus’ side (John 19:31-37) and John the disciple (an eyewitness to Jesus’ crucifixion) reported “blood and water” came from Jesus’ heart (John 19:34-35). As explained by Dr. Alexander Metherell, the hypovolemic shock Jesus suffered from loss of blood from being flogged would have caused his heart to start beating rapidly ultimately contributing to heart failure. Fluid would have collected in the membrane around the heart (pericardial effusion) and around the lungs (pleural effusion). When the spear was thrust into Jesus’ side, it probably went through the right lung into Jesus’ heart which would have caused clear fluid like water to flow out of his side, followed by a large amount of blood. “There was absolutely no doubt that Jesus was dead.” [Lee Strobel, The Case For Easter, “Interview with Alexander Metherell, M.D., Ph.D.”, pgs. 21-22 (1998)]"

So, your view is contradictory to the facts given. 

Could the disciples simply have been wrong or mores the case duped into believing Jesus Was dead?  They had got it wrong on another occasion when they were convinced Paul was dead but wasn’t. Acts 14 

Again, you do not cite the specific verse. You leave it to the reader to find exactly what you are referring to. 

Again, you twist and corrupt the context to fit your narrative. This is a dishonest analogy conclusion from the text because the two different accounts are not parallel.

Here is the text in question:

Acts 14:19-20
19 But Jews came from Antioch and 
Iconium,
and having won over the crowds, they stoned Paul and dragged him out of the city, supposing him to be dead. 20 But while the disciples stood around him, he got up and entered the city. The next day he went away with Barnabas to Derbe.

Who supposed Paul to be dead? From the context, it was the Jews that stoned him and dragged him out of the city and supposed Him to be dead. The disciples were there too. We are not told of their thoughts but they witnessed he was not dead. The context gives a but - but what? Even if they originally thought Him dead, they would have good reason to question his death after watching Him stoned, until he confirmed otherwise. You try to make the analogy between this and the crucifixion in which everyone testified that He was dead. The Romans, the Jews, the disciples, the crowd, the women testify to Jesus's death by crucifixion.

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Stephen
Could the disciples simply have been wrong or mores the case duped into believing Jesus Was dead?  They had got it wrong on another occasion when they were convinced Paul was dead but wasn’t. Acts 14 

And there's not a mention of any of them being present at the crucifixion so how would they know either way. 
This is simply not true. The writer of John says he was present if you just read the greater context, which you again failed to do.

But standing by the cross of Jesus were His mother, and His mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. 26 When Jesus then saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing nearby, He *said to His mother, “Woman, behold, your son!” 27 Then He *said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother!” From that hour the disciple took her into his own household.

Why then,did Jesus die so quickly on the cross? 
Because He had suffered forty lashes and was weak. To sustain His weight for longer periods would require He was in good enough physical condition to do so. Wikipedia makes reference to this:

"A theory attributed to Pierre Barbet holds that, when the whole body weight was supported by the stretched arms, the typical cause of death was asphyxiation.[55] He wrote that the condemned would have severe difficulty inhaling, due to hyper-expansion of the chest muscles and lungs. The condemned would therefore have to draw himself up by the arms, leading to exhaustion, or have his feet supported by tying or by a wood block. When no longer able to lift himself, the condemned would die within a few minutes."

Why did they spear his side if he was dead?
The soldiers were responsible for His death. This would just be an extra verification although He showed no physical signs of being alive even without this spearing.

Did Jesus even predict that he would be dead for three days?
Yes, He did.

John 2:18-22
18 The Jews then said to Him, “What sign do You show us as your authority for doing these things?” 19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” 20 The Jews then said, “It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?” 21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body. 22 So when He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He said this; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had spoken.

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Stephen

otherwise there is no accountability for you spewing forth these comments.
 Opinion again. I will take it you don’t want to discuss these threads and or defend them against my opinions and or theories.I don’t care. I have said anyone here can judge what I have to say right here in the open. 
I know you don't care. That is the problem. You think that anything you say is logically consistent with the text you quote. You continually misrepresent the greater context. 

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@PGA2.0
It's always the same answer. RUN AWAY.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@PGA2.0
I don't know from shemocrats whatever they are, your task is to explain how I've been indoctrinated and with what have I been indoctrinated.
Stephen
Stephen
What you do is called selective citing. You ISOLATE verses out of context.
Yes, that old chestnut, of me “taking things out of context”. Old hat and  I sick of hearing.  I find it amazing that you say I take theseverses out of context but then you put them into a context that has absolutely nothing to do with anything. It is your own context that suits YOUR narrative.. I keep reminding you, that is all I do is highlight these problematic verse and you try to explain them away with other problematic unreliable verses from the same unreliable source.
rather than gleaning what the true meaning is.

I love that, so we have to “glean the true meaning”. I do just that. But my “gleaning” seems to upset you and you can’t accept that my “gleaning  is just as valid as yours. Look at the definition of “glean”.

glean:
obtain (information) from various sources, often with difficulty.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/glean/

And explain to me what it is you actually “glean from this verse.

"Then said Thomas, which is called Didymus, unto his fellow disciples, Let us also go, that we may die with him". John 11:16

I have given my opinion on what I believe this verse actually means.

So you ignore the very next verse that explains to you the expert testimony of the centurion. 
 No this is a silly thing to say when is all anyone has to do is read it for themselves. The follow up verse make no difference. Pilates Didn’t see him dead, it doesn’t say if the centurion was dragged from the crucifixion site to attest to death..

So Pilate had the testimony of the centurion who would know whether Jesus was dead. What does"this" refer to in the context?

How would he know?. Would he know the difference between someone unconscious and someone who was actually dead?Did this centurion take a pulse? Was he a doctor?  Would he know the difference between an induced coma and someone who was dead?  How do we know the “centurion" wasn’t bribed?

Jesus – so say the gospels- was offered a drink of vinegar/wine on a sponge when he seemed to complain of thirst.Why he should then suddenly die after sucking on, or even sniffing this sponge and after saying few words, words which are also in contention? The thing about the vinegar soaked sponge is that if anything, it would have had completely the opposite effect on the human body.  It was used on slave galleys as a temporary stimulant to revive flagging rowers, it had the same effect as smelling salts.

So again it appears just like all of these others gospels, it leaves gaping big holes in the commentary and we are left with yet another half story.

The Roman's had practiced crucifixion for over a hundred years before Christ, as testified to by Josephus. He records specific incidents of crucifixion in the following link provided for those who wish to check out his testimony:
I have read all the works of Josephus and he actually describes an incidence where one of “his friends”actually survives crucifixion. I found it particularly interesting in more ways than one. In that, precisely like the Jesus crucifixion story, there were three hung up, two die and one was nursed back to health and survived but supposedly happening some 40 years after the death of The Christ.
Marvelous don't you think, two precisely  identical stories that are over 40 years apart ? This isn't the only "coincidental " story that corresponds with stories written in the New Testament gospellers but are supposed to be happening in Josephus' own time 40 years later.

I may start a thread on these "coincidences", of which there are many, far too many for the comfort of a Christian, I would wager. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@PGA2.0
Yes, He did. [ say he would be dead]

John 2:18-22
18 The Jews then said to Him,“What sign do You show us as your authority for doing these things?” 19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple,and in three days I will raise it up.” 20 The Jews Then said, “It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?” 21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body. 22 So when He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He said this; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had spoken.

This goes absolutely nowhere in proving Jesus was talking about his “body temple”  being “DEAD”. The gospellers interpret what they believe he meant and not what Jesus himself actually said. PUTTING WORDS INTO HIS MOUTH IN OTHER WORDS!! 

And they did this because the real and actual Jerusalem Temple didn’t fall and was still standing after he was crucified; they had to cover his poor prophecy somehow, didn’t they.

To “destroy” doesn’t require total obliteration. It could in this case be to mean beat me to within an inch of my life until I am unconscious, but I will recover, I will survive:  Which he did: Because he wasn’t dead.

There is also another mention of the temple being destroyed that you seem keen to keep from the readers here.

Here you go. And notice, no one mentions what Jesus “meant by this” on this occasion, did they?

Mark 13:1-2 (NIV)

The Destruction of the Temple and Signs of the End Times
13 As Jesus was leaving the temple, one of his disciples said to him, “Look, Teacher! What massive stones!What magnificent buildings!”
“Do you see all these great buildings?” replied Jesus. “Not One stone here will be left on another; everyone will be thrown down.”

So  Jesus here is talking not about “DEAD TEMPLE bodies” or Bodies being DEAD TEMPLES, is he? He is talking about a  stone buildings collapsing.

AND before you accuse me “ISOLATing  verses out of context” the following verses has Jesus now on the mount of olives and no one seems to be  too concerned  or bothered enough to ask Jesus about his previous statement .. only  “when will this happen”? Jesus then goes into his “many coming in my name and nation rising against nation” speech.

Not a single mention here about his DEAD TEMPLE body,or him being DEAD TEMPLE, for three days or even one day or even a week or month. And there is  no one putting words into his mouth either , are they?