atheists can't meet their burden of proof - miracles

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 97
Mandrakel
Debates: 0
Mandrakel
-->
@n8nrgmi
my guess, is that you are just pulling this out of nowhere. 
You can guess all you want but the fact is that you lost the argument having been asked to provide evidence more than once (see how lenient I am?). Coming back and stating "Ohh! But I was right" after the fact matters diddly squat because you had already lost the argument by default.
Debating is not a matter of who is right but how an argument is presented.  Using such words as "idiot" and "stupid", making ad hominem attacks and not providing evidence when challenged will always lose.
You lost, deal with it.

Amoranemix
Amoranemix
n8nrgmi in OP
atheists always claim the same sorts of things happen to them.[1] sure they'll show lots of far out examples, but nothing that looks impossible becoming possible. they can't meet their burden of proof. theists, christians in particular, are always showing things that are impossible, becoming possible.
[1] No, they do not. You are confusing what you want atheists to claim and what they actually claim.

A problem with finding evidence paranormal things happening to atheists is that the beliefs of the protagonists are not reported. Evidence for miraculous healing after prayer is likely easier to find because it is mediagenic. Christian benefactors are likely to attribute their recovery to God and would be motivated to spread that message. Atheists would not have anything interesting to say about it. It also can't serve as evidence against God. People failing to heal on the other hand can and one can find plenty of such occurrences in the media. As secularmerlin pointed out, n8nrgmi appears to be committing an black swan fallacy.
Alleged miracle healings may be more likely with religious people because of the placebo effect.
Of course, some of these reports may be false.

How are such miracle healings supposed to fit in the Christian narrative ? No proposal is made. Apparrently that is something too difficult to do. What about people inexplicably dying ? I am confident that happens to both Christians and atheists. Also, what about other paranormal events, like UFO and ghost sightings. How do they fit into the Christian narrative ?

n8nrgmi 47 to secularmerlin
i didn't say they [impossible events to atheists] dont have happen as a fact. [ . . . ]
But then you have no argument. Hence, there is no good reason to believe miracle healings happen less to atheists than to Christians. Moreover, as others have pointed out, no conclusive evidence can be found that prayer for healing works, which is evidence that miracle healings are not promoted by prayer.

n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Mandrakel
you can't reason with someone who refuses to listen to facts and logic, such as you refuse to listen.  you are as full of willful ignorance as they come. 
Mandrakel
Mandrakel
-->
@n8nrgmi
you can't reason with someone who refuses to listen to facts and logic, such as you refuse to listen.  you are as full of willful ignorance as they come. 
Wrong, I have listened and replied each time.
"idiot", "stupid"........facts and logic? Refusing to supply evidence until after the fact.....facts and logic?
You speak the words of someone who has been sorely defeated and has to lower himself to uttering demeaning vitriol at the victor. 
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Mandrakel
i guess u can't win on the substance, so u try to weasel in a win on style. 

except, considering that u were uttering demeaning vitriol before i was, i guess that makes you the first loser even on style 
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Amoranemix
if i had shallow reasoning such as you are using, then id say u r guilty of appeal to ignorance fallacy, straw man fallacy, and appeal to probability fallacy. of course, the truth is that people can have different opinions regarding the evidence that exists without committing fallacies.... so the only fallacy u r for sure guilty of is the straw man fallacy in how u characterize my arguments. 
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Amoranemix
Yes, the largest study yet on the therapeutic power of prayer by strangers has found that it provided no benefit to the recovery of patients who had undergone cardiac bypass surgery.
In an unexpected twist, patients who knew prayers were being said for them had more complications after surgery than those who did not know, researchers reported Thursday.
The complications were minor, and doctors surmised that they could have been caused by the increased stress on patients worried that their conditions were so bad they needed prayers.