The problem of suffering

Author: secularmerlin

Total: 157
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas

ETRNLVW,

Listen, as if the following link of yours shown below wasn't ungodly and embarrassing enough for you, now you proffer in bringing  forth even more Satanic mumbo-jumbo with promoting reincarnation!  Just where do you stop slapping Jesus in the face all the time? 

Reread your Satanic Devil Speak in your pathetic and going against the Bible post #74, and then realize as a biblical axiom that Jesus is the result of ALL SUFFERING upon planet earth as explicitly shown below at your expense once again!  

ETRNLVW, do you want to call Jesus' inspired words within the scriptures in the passages below against reincarnation as LIES? Huh? Do you, Bible fool?

"And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment." (Hebrews 9:27)

"He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return." (Psalm 78:39)

Jesus H. Christ, where do these dumbfounded pseudo-christians like EtrnlVw come from that are embarrassing this esteemed forum by just being here?

Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas

"And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment." (Hebrews 9:27)

"He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return." (Psalm 78:39)

Jesus H. Christ, where do these dumbfounded pseudo-christians like EtrnlVw come from that are embarrassing this esteemed forum by just being here?
Yes, dead and no return. Quite plain isn't it.

But you must forgive them and ETRNLVW , Brother.   For they know not what their scripture is all about because they don't read it for themselves. They have not eyes to see  or ears to hear. I am reminded of the passage where Jesus says;  "Father, FFS, ! Why I am surrounded by clowns!?  I had a better conversation with a loaf of fkn bread at break-fast this morning!"

ronjs
ronjs
-->
@Stephen
Atheists often complain about God not doing anything about rape, murder, suffering  or other crimes against humanity, but then complain when he does do something about it. Free will is the cause of these crimes, but free will is necessary, otherwise we would just be robots. 
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@ludofl3x
There is usually more than enough food to feed everyone, it is corrupt politicians / tyrants who use hunger to control the masses.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@ronjs
free will is necessary
Actually free will is logically incoherent but assuming that free will exists I must ask do you believe free will exist in heaven?
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@ronjs
So God can't use his power to overcome those politicians and tyrants to solve the problem? You're explaining causes of hunger, not why god doesn't solve the problem using his powers. If god doesn't care about the masses enough to overcome those limiting factors then he's endorsing suffering by allowing it to continue. If god can't overcome the influence of a couple of politicians, then he's REALLY not that powerful, is he?

Pick a different problem if politicians and tyrants are too difficult for god to handle. What about childhood cancer? Surely god could offer a solution to that problem. Could he not use his powers to simply erase the issue, save children and parents needless suffering brought on through no fault of theirs, and allow the doctors and researchers to use the time they're no longer using to solve childhood cancer to make more impacts on diseases like Alzheimer's or Parkinson's?  I would point out childhood cancer has nothing to do with free will, it's genetic. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@ronjs
I promise you I won't complain if God did SOMETHING about rape and murder. Can you please point me to an atheist making such a complaint? You're bringing the problem of free will into the problem of suffering, trust me man, it's not going to make your case any easeir. It's going to have the opposite effect. It will diminish not only his omnipotence, but also his omniscience. 
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@BrotherDThomas
That is not yet enough hot air to keep your wish balloon filled. Keep blowing.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas

YOUR VERY SAD AND TRULY PITIFUL QUOTE REGARDING MY POST #87 OF YOU RUNNING AWAY FROM BIBLICAL DISCUSSION WITH ME 34 TIMES TO DATE: "That is not yet enough hot air to keep your wish balloon filled. Keep blowing."

I understand that you have to "try" and get out of the blatant FACT that you cannot defend your faith whatsoever as explicitly shown in the 34 TIMES YOU HAVE RUN AWAY FROM IT with me alone, as embarrassingly shown to you in the following link: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/5849-the-problem-of-suffering?page=4&post_number=87

Whoever is writing your totally inferior responses for you in trying to show that running away from Bible discussion 34 TIMES and counting is okay should be fired post haste.  This is a religion discussion forum, and when you cannot in any way discuss the topics posed to you, then you have no reason to be within this prestigious forum because you are giving it a bad reputation!   In my godly journey of Bible Slapping Silly®️ the totally inept pseudo-christians like you, I have seen your pitiful child -like defense many times, where you are grasping for straws that aren't even there to begin with.  :(

Unfortunately for you, and as long as Jesus allows me to be within this forum, I will continue to show you and the membership in just how Biblically stupid and ignorant you truly are regarding the JUDEO-Christian Bible, which will be added to your ever growing list at your flustering expense, you can count on it!  LOL!

NEXT RUNAWAY FROM CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION LIKE FAUXLAW REPRESENTS WILL BE ...?

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen
@Barney
@fauxlaw

Stephen,

In addressing your well deserved post #92, the real question is how many times will my serial killer Jesus the Christ forgive ETRNLVW and the #1 Bible fool and runaway from the Bible, FAUXLAW?  These two minions of Satan are not only giving Christianity a bad name from being so dumbfounded of the Bible that has been easily shown, but in turn, they are making a total mockery of this esteemed DEBATEART Religion forum by just being here spewing forth their Bible ignorance!  

When do the moderators add to the Code of Conduct rules that if you are proven to be so Bible stupid and ignorant like the aforementioned duo, that you are not welcomed within this forum anymore because they are trying to build up its notoriety, and where they must move on to a "Children's Religion Forum?

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ronjs
@fauxlaw

ronjs,

Whoops once again, you are still RUNNING AWAY from my godly posts to you, why?  Are you scared to respond to them like the #1 Bible runaway FAUXLAW does all the time, with 34 examples and counting, which is a record that will probably never be broken on DEBATEART! LOL!

Now, if you cannot address my post linked above, what excuses will you use, where poor ol' FAUXLAW uses pathetic child like non sequiturs as excuses as the membership laughs at his little boy expense.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
In addressing your well deserved post #92, the real question is how many times will my serial killer Jesus the Christ forgive ETRNLVW and the #1 Bible fool and runaway from the Bible, FAUXLAW? 

Good question, Brother, when we consider that Judas was vilified and never forgiven for doing exactly what was planned and prophesised by god for him to do. 
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@secularmerlin
Those in heaven will have already used their free will to choose to worship and obey and love God, so free will will possibly not be needed. 
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@ludofl3x
Its impossible to know without knowing the creators intentions.
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@ludofl3x
God can and does do whatever He pleases, and he has a plan in place to end hunger and suffering to those who choose his grace.
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@ludofl3x
Atheists complain the God does nothing to end rape and murder, but also complain that he ordered the killing of the cananites or the global deluge that took out those whose thoughts were only evil continually even refering to the old testament God as an ogre or worse.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@ronjs
Those in heaven will have already used their free will to choose to worship and obey and love God, so free will will possibly not be needed. 
So it's ok if we are robots in heaven? Wow hope they don't make me go... if in fact I am not already a robot.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@ronjs
God can and does do whatever He pleases, and he has a plan in place to end hunger and suffering to those who choose his grace.
Oh I see innocent starving children deserve it. That's a relief.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

ADDRESSING YOUR RUNAWAY PITIFUL BOYISH QUOTE TO MY POST #87 AGAIN:  That is not yet enough hot air to keep your wish balloon filled. Keep blowing."

I know, as you stated in your runaway quote above, then let me metaphorically "keep blowing" in making you the continued Biblical fool.  BUT, you have a way out, praise!  Therefore, I closed my eyes and moved the cursor up and down in my list of your plethora of runaways in my post #87, and it landed on the link shown below of which you are to defend as Jesus states (2 Corinthians 10:5, Titus 1:9 ). Therefore, you have another chance in NOT running away again from Jesus' inspired words, praise Jesus!  

Do you want to call Jesus a LIAR AGAIN if you can't address the said link in question above in not defending it, then what does that truthfully say about your faith, other than you have NONE because you continually run away from it!   2+2=4, oil and water don't mix, and your Biblical ignorance is without bounds.

BEGIN:

ronjs
ronjs
-->
@secularmerlin
Making a final choice to be with God  does not make a person a robot, free will may well exist in heaven but in the case of the Christian, they have made the choice to worship God before entering heaven. 
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@secularmerlin
None of us deserve Gods grace, it is a gift, but a gift is meaningless if it is not accepted.
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@BrotherDThomas
God (Jesus) is a loving and forgiving God, but is also a just God. 
God could also make their deaths peaceful.
And no people don't change after death, that is for the living.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ronjs

Ronjs,

YOUR QUOTE: "God (Jesus) is a loving and forgiving God, but is also a just God. "

So, when Jesus in being the serial killer Yahweh God incarnate, and loving and forgiving as you propose, how does He do this when He drowned innocent zygotes, fetus' and babies in His Great Flood by obviously NOT loving  and forgiving them?  EXPLAIN:

YOUR QUOTE: "God could also make their deaths peaceful."

How does an innocent baby get a peaceful drowning death along with their parents, because if they drown today, I am sure it is a horror to watch and not peaceful at all.  EXPLAIN:

YOUR QUOTE: "And no people don't change after death, that is for the living."

Jesus' inspired words say different in the following passages:

"But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself. (Philippians 3:20-21)

"I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality." (1 Corinthians 15:50-53)

RONJS, do you want to call Jesus a LIAR in His inspired words above where we do change and your Bible ignorance says we do not? EXPLAIN:

Awaiting a cogent reply this time, thank you.

In the name of the hung Savior,

Brother D. Thomas

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ronjs
God (Jesus) is a loving and forgiving God, but is also a just God. 

Has he forgiven Judas or Satan for their "transgressions"? >>> https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/5874-judas-had-a-bad-deal

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@ronjs
Is it "justice" to create broken robots and then punish them for being broken?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@ronjs
Making a final choice to be with God  does not make a person a robot, free will may well exist in heaven but in the case of the Christian, they have made the choice to worship God before entering heaven. 
If they are then unable to change their minds then they have lost their free will... if they ever had it.
None of us deserve Gods grace, it is a gift, but a gift is meaningless if it is not accepted.
IF the creation is flawed the one most personally responsible IS the creator. 
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
I'm actually not surprised that one of the things poundmethomas has not yet figured out is that the only thing that counts for the frequent buzzing around the head, a fair number of our heads, to tell the truth, is that our heads are swelling with the number of mentions the pounder gives away. I suppose I should be grateful for the stats. Frankly, though, I'd rather they be padded by legitimate interest. Well, I didn't write the rules, and pounder certainly does not read them; the same attitude as is had about the book he is always pounding. It has the highest stats of all.

Oh, I get it. Claims of reading do not account for understanding. Any simpleton can read.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

FAUXLAW, the runaway from biblical axioms, and now the #1 Bible fool upon this forum, and the #1 record holder of running away from godly posts where it is at 47 at this time, and who has called Jesus a LIAR many times at the expense of committing the Unpardonable Sin,

I am so sorry that you have had to resort to your latest non sequitur of HIDING from Christian discussion from yet another post of mine shown in the link below, where you once again totally disregard its Christian content, other than to run away from it in embarrassment AGAIN in front of the membership.   https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/5849-the-problem-of-suffering?page=5&post_number=109

Just to let you and the membership know first hand, is that you are up to 47, I repeat, 47 Christian discussions that you have recently RUN AWAY from with me alone, and this does not count the runaways that you've done from other members!  Listen, I know you are trying to break the record here on DEBATEART on how many runaways from religion discussion you want to put on record, but why are you doing it so fast? Don't you want to have at least a modicum of 2-3 percent of respect within this forum?

Yep, like shooting fish in a barrel with you, LOL

NEXT COMPLETE RUNAWAY FROM BIBLICAL DISCUSSION LIKE FAUXLAW IS SATANICALLY DOING WILL BE ...?

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

FAUXLAW, the runaway from biblical axioms, and now the #1 Bible fool upon this forum, and the #1 record holder of running away from godly posts where it is at 47 at this time, and who has called Jesus a LIAR many times at the expense of committing the Unpardonable Sin,

I FORGOT!  You are only 3 runaway from religion discussion posts away from having the momentous number 50! Therefore, do your normal schtick of being totally Bible stupid and ignorant in your next 3 posts so I can add them to your list post haste subsequent to me easily Bible Slapping you Silly®️ again, where this will definitely go down in DEBATEART Religion Forum history, praise Jesus!  Tradesecret is surly smiling. LOL

FAUXLAW, what party favors do you want at your upcoming party event when you hit the infamous 50 RUNAWAYS from Religion Discussion here on DEBATEART?  Whiskey?  Hors d'oeuvres?  Vodka? Shapely women jumping out from your congratulations cake?  Or you tell us, okay? Thanks!

This is like the Second Coming of Jesus the Christ, praise!  LOL

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ronjs
free will

It is also odd that Christians forget the threat of death from the biblical Old Testament god which,  in my mind rules out "free will" immediately.

It is also odd that Christians do not even entertain the question as to why when the couple made in his image are given the stern warning  of the penalty for defiance, that the same god didn't bother to tell this  couple that a servant of his will be along soon to try to tempt them? 

The excuse of "free will"  is regularly trotted out and used as nothing more than a cop-out for Christians when asked awkward questions that clearly contradict what they will have any one believe that their god is a  loving and forgiving God.