Yahoo Answers is shutting down on April 20th - Chance to get some more debaters and donaters!

Author: Nevets

Total: 9
Nevets
Debates: 35
Nevets
Yahoo Answers closing on April 20th

Yahoo Answers is shutting up shop on April 20th.

Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Copious amount of addicted users begging for a replacement idea

At the moment the Yahoo Answers question and answers site is full of panicking users desperately asking for ideas for an alternative.

What are some good alternatives of Yahoo Answer? ?
Everyone from here should answer as many questions as possible leaving a link to Debateart

As it says on the tin.
This is a real chance to get lots more debaters and potential donaters.
Everyone should go to Yahoo Answers and answer as many questions as possible leaving a link to debateart.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Nevets
DebateArt isn't an "answer question" community. Its a debate and discussion community - though the niches are similar they aren't identical. Furthermore.... As some people have already pointed out, Quora is much more suited than DebateArt for it. I actually use Quora, and wouldn't really consider using DebateArt for the same stuff - I do admittedly only use it for my comic questions, but the point remains.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Theweakeredge
Quora can have its moments but it often strikes me as an intellectual circle jerk. Lot's of very conceited individuals...
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@MisterChris
I don't disagree - lol - hence why I only use it for obscure comic stuff

I don't see it as a debating site at all - its more like a - hey-what do other people think. Rarely are answers super cogent.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
They shut down comments on their articles last year. 
Nevets
Debates: 35
Nevets

Their platform is still just "what will I do now" question after question.

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
I've never used Yahoo Answers, so I don't know enough to miss it. However, I do agree with Chris in regard to Quora. I will seldom use it as a source in debate, though I have been known to use Wiki, in spite of my well known opposition to it. Sometimes, it is a valid source [based entirely on finding support of other websites which are not as easily referenced, but I have at least looked]. But, let's recall that when I started debating in high school, or had to write an essay, I didn't have an Internet; I had a library with stacks. Some of you may have never darkened the door of one. Too bad. How many of you have personal, physically visited the Library of Congress [actually, several buildings]
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@fauxlaw
That sounds amazing! I regularly use libraries when I'm researching history and records, but I've never gotten the opportunity to visit the Library of Congress. 
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Theweakeredge
Something to which to look forward. Definitely a bucket list item.