Contradiction, Contradiction, Contradiction!

Author: Bones

Total: 98
Bones
Debates: 31
Bones
The Sabbath Day
“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.” — Exodus 20:8
“One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.” — Romans 14:5

The Permanence of Earth
“… the earth abideth for ever.” — Ecclesiastes 1:4
“… the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.” — 2Peter 3:10

Seeing God
“… I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.” — Genesis 32:30
“No man hath seen God at any time…”– John 1:18

Human Sacrifice
“… Thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God…” — Leviticus 18:21
[In Judges, though, the tale of Jephthah, who led the Israelites against the Ammonoites, is being told. Being fearful of defeat, this good religious man sought to guarantee victory by getting god firmly on his side. So he prayed to god] “… If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands, Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD’s, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering” — Judges 11:30-31

[The terms were acceptable to god — remember, he is supposed to be omniscient and know the future — so he gave victory to Jephthah, and the first whatsoever that greeted him upon his glorious return was his daughter, as god surely knew would happen, if god is god. True to his vow, the general made a human sacrifice of his only child to god!] — Judges 11:29-34

The Power of God

“… with God all things are possible.” — Matthew 19:26
“…The LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.” — Judges 1:19

Personal Injury
“…thou shalt give life for life, Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe. ” — Exodus 21:23-25
“…ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.” — Matthew 5:39
Circumcision
“This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.” — Genesis 17:10
“…if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.” — Galatians 5:2

Incest
“Cursed be he that lieth with his sister, the daughter of his father, or the daughter of this mother…” — Deuteronomy 27:22
“And if a man shall take his sister, his father’s daughter, or his mother’s daughter…it is a wicked thing….” — Leviticus 20:17
[But what was god’s reaction to Abraham, who married his sister — his father’s daughter?] See Genesis 20:11-12
“And God said unto Abraham, As for Sara thy wife…I bless her, and give thee a son also of her…” — Genesis 17:15-16

Trusting God
“A good man obtaineth favour of the LORD…” — Proverbs 12:2
Now consider the case of Job. After commissioning Satan to ruin Job financially and to slaughter his shepherds and children to win a petty bet with Satan. God asked Satan: “Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.” — Job 2:3

The Holy Lifestyle
“Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart…” — Ecclesiastes 9:7
“…they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not…” — 1 Corinthians 7:30

Punishing Crime
“The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father…” — Ezekiel 18:20
“I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation…” — Exodus 20:5

Temptation
“Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.” — James 1:13
“And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham…” — Genesis 22:1

Family Relationships
“Honor thy father and thy mother…”– Exodus 20:12
“If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. ” — Luke 14:26

Resurrection of the Dead
“…he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more. ” — Job 7:9
“…the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth….” — John 5:28-29

The End of the World
“Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. ” — Matthew 16:28
“Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. ” — Luke 21:32-33
“And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.” — Romans 13:11-12
“Be ye also patient; establish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.” — James 5:8
“Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.” — 1 John 2:18
“But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.” — 1 Peter 4:7
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Bones
When you are dealing with texts that are nowhere and nowhen close to original manuscripts...
When no original manuscripts exist to draw any translation from...
When you are dealing with a variety of original authors [though no direct examples of same], and some books clearly of differing styles, meaning different authors even in the same books...
When you have a series of ecumenical attempts to standardize a canon, and still end up with variable canons...
When you should know that dictionary-to-dictionary translation is fraught with potential corruption, even innocently, because culture drives language, and dictionaries do a piss-poor job of teaching culture, particularly when trying to define another language's culture...
When you have no assurance of scholarship of the translators in multiple languages...
When you are dealing with the potential of intentional corruption in agenda-driven translation...
When you are dealing with generational repeat of translations, even to the current era...

You expect crystal accuracy and a total lack of contradiction? Nice wish balloon. Keep blowing; it needs more hot air.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Bones
Just a few of the many contradictions from Jesus son of god himself, "ya'll"

Equal then not equal

John 10:30 " I and the Father are one".   

John 14:28  “ I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I" .

I judge then I don't judge 

John 5:22 , 30. " Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son.  By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just".

John 8:15     " You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one.

John 12:47  " I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world.

I am my own witness and it is true. Then It is not true.

John 8:14  “Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going".

John 5:31   “If I testify about myself, my testimony is not true.

Man is not my witness. Man is my witness .

John 33-34   “You have sent to John and he has testified to the truth. 34 Not that I accept human testimony; but I mention it that you may be saved.

John 15:27  "And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.

Before the default excuse of "YA'LL"  NEED TO BE SUDENTS OF GREEK,  "YA'LL"  is raised, let me draw your attention to the fact that these verses are all  from the same gospel. 

Context

And if they are not in "CONTEXT!"  then anyone is welcome to put these contradictions into "CONTEXT! for us showing us all how they make perfect sense when they are read in "context" and in Greek, "Ya'll. 

Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@fauxlaw
IF there are no original manuscripts to compare translation, AND you cannot accurately describe the actual meaning of the text, THEN that text is text which any conclusions is inherently worthless. 

You cannot hold the bible up as something which describes instructions if you cannot translate it - you can claim that you have individually have the ability to translate it, but you would need proof of that assertion.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@fauxlaw
When you are dealing with texts that are nowhere and nowhen close to original manuscripts...
When no original manuscripts exist to draw any translation from...
When you are dealing with a variety of original authors [though no direct examples of same], and some books clearly of differing styles, meaning different authors even in the same books...
When you have a series of ecumenical attempts to standardize a canon, and still end up with variable canons...
When you should know that dictionary-to-dictionary translation is fraught with potential corruption, even innocently, because culture drives language, and dictionaries do a piss-poor job of teaching culture, particularly when trying to define another language's culture...
When you have no assurance of scholarship of the translators in multiple languages...
When you are dealing with the potential of intentional corruption in agenda-driven translation...
When you are dealing with generational repeat of translations, even to the current era...

You expect crystal accuracy and a total lack of contradiction? 
Not at all. In fact I find inaccuracy  and contradiction wholly unremarkable. It is in fact what I see in all the religion texts which we agree are fictional as well as in your religious text which I find hard to distinguish from fiction. 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
The Old and New Testament do not jive. That is why I say Jesus is not the Son of the God of Abraham. He contradicted almost all those rules. 
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen
@fauxlaw

FAUXLAW, the runaway from biblical axioms, and now the #1 Bible fool upon this forum, and the #1 record holder of running away from godly posts, and who has called Jesus a LIAR many times at the expense of committing the Unpardonable Sin, and goes against Jesus in taking care of the poor,

FAUXLAW'S EXACT QUOTE BELOW IN STATING WITH SPECIFICITY THAT THE JUDEO-CHRISTIAN BIBLE IS NOT VAILD AND IS THEREFORE OUTRIGHT USELESS!

1. When you are dealing with texts that are nowhere and nowhen close to original manuscripts...
2. When no original manuscripts exist to draw any translation from...
3. When you are dealing with a variety of original authors [though no direct examples of same], and some books clearly of differing styles, meaning different authors even in the same books...
4. When you have a series of ecumenical attempts to standardize a canon, and still end up with variable canons...
5. When you should know that dictionary-to-dictionary translation is fraught with potential corruption, even innocently, because culture drives language, and dictionaries do a piss-poor job of teaching culture, particularly when trying to define another language's culture...
6. When you have no assurance of scholarship of the translators in multiple languages...
7. When you are dealing with the potential of intentional corruption in agenda-driven translation...
8. When you are dealing with generational repeat of translations, even to the current era...

'You expect crystal accuracy and a total lack of contradiction? Nice wish balloon. Keep blowing; it needs more hot air.'

OMG!....  THAT'S IT, THE CHICKENS FOR FAUXLAW FINALLY CAME HOME TO ROOST, WHERE HE ADMITS THAT WHAT IS SHOWN WITHIN THE SCRIPTURES IS NOT VALID BECAUSE OF HIS 8 PROPOSITIONS THAT HE HAS INCLUDED TO PROVE THIS FACT, THEREFORE, FAUXLAW CONCLUDES THAT THE  IMPETUS OF CHRISTIANITY BEING THE JUDEO-CHRISTIAN BIBLE IS FRAUGHT WITH FALSEHOODS AND CAN'T BE TRUSTED BECAUSE IT IS NOT WORTHY OF THE REAL TRUTH!!!

Biblical passages that now relate to the minion of Satan; FAUXLAW:

"He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made."  (Psalms 7:15)

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." (Galatians 6:7)

FAUXLAW is now finished within this forum in even calling himself a pseudo-christian
, and should  now join the disappearance of Tradesecret, ethang5, and many others in total flustering embarrassment in not being able to show themselves within this esteemed forum anymore because of his post #2!  Where this  is no loss whatsoever because these aforementioned biblical fools were giving this forum a bad name to begin with because of their total and complete Bible stupidity and ignorance, praise Jesus' revenge!

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Theweakeredge
AND you cannot accurately describe the actual meaning of the text,
I disagree with this statement as being merely an assumption. In my list in #2, did I ever mention the lack of ability to understand biblical text? No, I did not, simply because I know it can be understood in its correct meaning. Don't ask how as I already know you do not want to understand how it is done. And I have already described it, though not in this string. Until your are ready to know, and you will know when that is, the question is premature.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@secularmerlin
we agree are fictional
Which religious texts do we agree are fictional? I've never mentioned any.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@fauxlaw
You said that it could not be translated as their is no original manuscript - if that is the case - and you can say that a rather large collection of contradictions aren't valid - then the true meaning of the bible, period, is not valid. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@fauxlaw
Which religious texts do we agree are fictional? I've never mentioned any.
The veda? The Quran? The collected works of greek mythology?The gospel of the flying spaghetti monster? Yes? No? Maybe? Besides the point. Presumably you think all religions besides yours are incorrect. I believe all those religions are incorrect and also that one more is.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@secularmerlin
Thank you for assuming you know what I believe. You don't and cannot claim otherwise. Keep your accusations to yourself; they're yours, along with limitations.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@fauxlaw
That's not the first time you have mentioned limitations. How do you imagine I am limited in a way thatdies not also limit you?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@secularmerlin
Because we mostly create our own limitations, and then blame society. Human nature. However, that nature can be overcome by the free will to do so. But, since you do not accept free will, that is your own self-imposed limitation.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@fauxlaw
Thank you for assuming you know what I believe.
I don't need to know specifically what you believe to know that you believe you are correct and anyone who disagrees to strongly is therefore by necessity incorrect. Please detail which of the religious texts I highlighted that you agree is correct in the way you believe your preferred religious text is.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@fauxlaw
Because we mostly create our own limitations, and then blame society. Human nature. However, that nature can be overcome by the free will to do so. But, since you do not accept free will, that is your own self-imposed limitation.
We are both subject to the same physical laws. I am as "free" to "choose" to change or resist behavior I know is unhealthy. I simply recognize the "choice" to do so as a simple consequence of cause and effect to which I have assigned a post hoc rationalization. You are making a distinction without a difference. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@secularmerlin
Just as in the Bible, I find truth and error mixed in all of them, exactly as anticipated. It only makes sense, all being the works of men. There is no evidence that God, by whatever name be known, wrote a bloody thing.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
OMG!....  THAT'S IT, THE CHICKENS FOR FAUXLAW FINALLY CAME HOME TO ROOST, WHERE HE ADMITS THAT WHAT IS SHOWN WITHIN THE SCRIPTURES IS NOT VALID BECAUSE OF HIS 8 PROPOSITIONS THAT HE HAS INCLUDED TO PROVE THIS FACT, THEREFORE, FAUXLAW CONCLUDES THAT THE  IMPETUS OF CHRISTIANITY BEING THE JUDEO-CHRISTIAN BIBLE IS FRAUGHT WITH FALSEHOODS AND CAN'T BE TRUSTED BECAUSE IT IS NOT WORTHY OF THE REAL TRUTH!!!

Brother. You may well have noticed that of late I have pointed to the fact a few times now that every time the apologists such as fauxlaw " Ya'll"  attempt to rely on that good ole' favourite excuse that to understand scripture,  one has to be a student of "original Greek",  as fauxlaw "ya'll" claims to be..

"I, too, am a student of Greek,"#28

In my opinion, there are two things I find wrong with this pathetic excuse.

(1)  This excuse, if it has any validity automatically renders the New Testament written in English unreliable , untrustworthy and totally unbelievable.

(2)  When the student in the ancient  Greek language  is given the opportunity to translate a few words or verses into the ancient Greek language to make them understandable and to make sense of these contradictions, they fold immediately?  Such as when  I asked many times for a translation from  a "student of the ancient Greek language, ya'll" here>>> and  #32 And here>>>#34 and  quite a few other places.

We see again that the opportunity has arisen on this thread for the student of ancient Greek to show us their Greek language skills. But do not hold your breath, Brother.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@fauxlaw
Just as in the Bible, I find truth and error mixed in all of them, exactly as anticipated. It only makes sense, all being the works of men. There is no evidence that God, by whatever name be known, wrote a bloody thing.
Very well stated. I agree the bible is in no way evidence of any god(s).
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@secularmerlin
I agree the bible is in no way evidence of any god(s).
You agree with whom? Not with me, for I have the evidence of God, and that he is not alone in that stature. It is not a name, but a title, and one that many share. And the evidence is derived from many examples of Holy Writ, not only the Bible. Seems limitations are familiars to you.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@fauxlaw
for I have the evidence of God, 
Which you are apparently unable or unwilling to present.
the evidence is derived from many examples of Holy Writ, not only the Bible.
And doubtless they are plagued by the same contradictions and inaccuracies. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@secularmerlin
I have never said anything different: 
you want to have evidence of anything, go to the source of the answer sought.
why ask a plumber a carpenter’s question?
However, one must ask with a sincere desire to know, which means one can never assume they already have the answer and are asking doubting an answer will be given, which is how most approach such questions

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@fauxlaw
I think you have things backwards. The lack 9f evidence shaoes my beliefs. If sufficient evidence were presented I would have no choice but to be convinced. 
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

FAUXLAW, WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE WITHIN THIS ESTEEMED DEBATEART RELIGION FORUM AS A BIBLE FOOL INEPT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN AFTER CALLING JESUS A LIAR AND THE BIBLE AS FRAUDULENT AND USELESS?!

In simpler terms for you to “maybe” understand since I have easily Bible Slapped you Silly®️of late, what part of my statement to you in my revealing post #7 about you didn't you understand? You should be leaving this forum post haste to prevent you from further embarrassment that will come about by you literally trashing Jesus the Christ by calling Him a LIAR again, and calling the Judeo-Christian Bible as fraudulent, not valid, and useless, and most importantly, you mocked Jesus the Christ with your Devil speak in calling the faith of Christianity as totally dishonest as specifically shown in the link below?!!!!!!

Trust Jesus and I, YOU WILL NEVER LIVE DOWN YOUR SATANIC DEVIL SPEAK AS SHOWN IN THE POST ABOVE, NEVER!!!

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@secularmerlin
I've just shared with you the basics of how to obtain the evidence. That you choose to not employ it is on you, by your choice. It is not rocket science.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@BrotherDThomas
WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE
By my choice. Go ahead and banish me. Try, at least. 
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen
@fauxlaw

Stephen,

I DARE the Bible fool FAUXLAW to bring up the Greek card again, in fact, I WILL DOUBLE DARE HIM TO DO SO!  If he wants to see a bloodbath on his behalf, let this Bible ignorant pseudo-christian bring it forth!!!   As if my addressing his Satanic use of Greek interpretations in the following link weren't enough, then let him hang on to what underwear he has left with even more BIBLE BEATINGS that he occur for this minion of Satan fool!

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen
@fauxlaw

FAUXLAW, the runaway from biblical axioms, and now the #1 Bible fool upon this forum, and the #1 record holder of running away from godly posts, and who has called Jesus a LIAR many times at the expense of committing the Unpardonable Sin, and goes against Jesus in taking care of the poor, says that the Bible is a FRAUD, calls the Christian faith as dishonest, 

WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE
YOUR QUOTE THAT IS ABOUT TO MAKE YOU VERY UNCOMFORTABLE WITHIN THIS FORUM: "By my choice. Go ahead and banish me. Try, at least." 

You are here because Jesus has made the choice for you to be here, and that is because WE are going to use you as a blatant example of a true minion of Satan that calls the JUDEO-Christian Bible a FRAUD, do you understand Bible fool? Huh?  You think that you have free will, BUT, once again, JESUS prevails in the fact that you DO NOT have free will as He shows in one of many biblical verses below:

“Oh Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down, And are intimately acquainted with ALL my ways.” (Psalm 139:1-3)

FAUXLAW, chain up, your ride is about to get real bumpy in this forum in the name of Jesus!

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@fauxlaw
The claim can never be evidence of itself. Any holy text is a claim about the supernatural. Evidence would need to come independent of the claim.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Blah, blah, blah.
lf you draw your gun, shoot it, don’t just bore us talking about it