The Power of Prayer

Author: Mandrakel

Total: 31
Mandrakel
Debates: 0
Mandrakel
Perhaps we could build a 100% natural, faith healing hospital ....we could call it "The Holy Hospital of Kindness".

* Instead of operating theatres we will have prayer rooms.
 * Instead of professional doctors, nurses, and surgeons, we'll have naturopaths, chiropractors, and acupuncturists.
 * Instead of drugs we will have holy water.
 * And of course, we would need to erect a morgue that's larger than the hospital itself.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mandrakel
Matthew7:7-8
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Prayer and its  alleged "power" is the bibles most cruel lie.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mandrakel
Notwithstanding irrefutable physiological malfunction.

The powers of suggestion and positivity, should perhaps, also be taken seriously.

Hypochondria and self abuse are very common conditions.

Tell people about the reported side effects of Covid vaccine....And Surgeries will be inundated with sufferers.

Tell people that GOD loves them....What the heck....But if it makes them feel good.

Nowt as funny as folk.
Mandrakel
Mandrakel
-->
@zedvictor4
The powers of suggestion and positivity, should perhaps, also be taken seriously.
As seriously as any other placebo I reckon.
The day it is proven that prayer attached a severed limb then I will take prayer seriously.

Benjamin
Debates: 88
Benjamin
-->
@Theweakeredge
@Mandrakel
God is smart enough NOT to do miracles when we have the technology to document it.

Wouldn't want mass conversion, would he?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mandrakel
The stupid thing is, that placebos are effective when the problems are imaginary.

And I did make it clear, that certain physiological malfunction is obviously  irrefutable.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Benjamin
Don't know why I'm included - I don't see the point of mocking something that doesn't exist.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
THis guy's schtick is starting to look awfully familiar. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
The power of prayer.  
And yet If you are not facing mecca. It's a wasted prayer.

Let's together picture a pray ummm cast at 305° whateverest.
10 ° off target 
Picture it just skimming by.  That's a wasted prayer right there. 

What I'm trying to say is. If a prayer is powerful of sorts one would think a ( up to 100° ) off target prayer would reach its ummmmmm, attended target. 

Picture that one . 
The prayer getting sucked in , in like a grav pull.
Slurpppppp.

Them guys prayer a lot more thenews you guys.  

The Jesus really  loves it when you guys sing songs about him to him. 
Loves that shlt. 

Picture him pinching his nipples.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Atheists discussing the mass deaths of theists. It's a beautiful Tuesday.
Mandrakel
Mandrakel
-->
@Benjamin
God is smart enough NOT to do miracles when we have the technology to document it.
How do you know that or did you just make it up for fun?
No need to answer because anyone with half a brain knows that the latter is true.

Mandrakel
Mandrakel
-->
@zedvictor4
The stupid thing is, that placebos are effective when the problems are imaginary.
I think many people get more than a bit carried away with the (perceived) efficacy of placebos. Of course they don't bloody work...let me see a placebo re-attach a severed limb. It has been found that having a positive disposition helps one's body cure itself faster due to the release of certain substances in the body and the subject himself making positive choices in relation to diet etc. But a placebo itself does diddly squat and more often than not when someone says, gee that chiropractor really healed me, that person is really trying to kid you to cover up his own stupidity.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
It never ceases to amaze me that many Christians will testify to the power of prayer and it’s power to improve their lives, and yet claim that God ceased to talk directly to man at the close of the first century and that we do not receive revelation from God anymore.

Then why do you bother to pray?  You’re just feeding the atheist message that prayer has no more effect than positive thinking. Why do you deny that God still reveals truth to man?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
I don't understand humans regenerating limbs as the proof prayer might work when humans don't naturally have regeneration properties when it comes to limbs. Healing would still have to work within the parameters of nature. 
FLRW
FLRW
The largest study yet on the therapeutic power of prayer by strangers has found that it provided no benefit to the recovery of patients who had undergone cardiac bypass surgery.
In an unexpected twist, patients who knew prayers were being said for them had more complications after surgery than those who did not know, researchers reported Thursday.
The complications were minor, and doctors surmised that they could have been caused by the increased stress on patients worried that their conditions were so bad they needed prayers.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Was it "nature" when we believed the universe was geocentric? Was it "nature" when we were enlightened to the "natural" fact that the universe was heliocentric? 

What is "nature?"

I don't think we know the full scope of it, yet.

Mandrakel
Mandrakel
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Healing would still have to work within the parameters of nature. 

Isn't everything within the realms of nature?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Mandrakel
Let's analyze your
"...Holy Hospital of Kindness".
* Operating theaters are prayer rooms:

There are roughly 1M practicing doctors in the U.S.https://www.statista.com/topics/1244/physicians/
Of them, 1,044 of them participated in a recent survey. 76% acknowledged belief in God. https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/survey-most-doctors-believe-god-afterlife-flna1c9442008
I would say to your claim of a distinction of operating theaters and prayer rooms that they are, right now, without your "Holy Hospital," prayer rooms.  Helps to know the facts.

* Instead of professional doctors, nurses, and surgeons, we'll have naturopaths, chiropractors, and acupuncturists.

Your trio of a replacement squad are already on the team of practicing healthcare workers. They may not all be accredited by the AMA, but that is mostly a political, not necessarily just a medical organization. As a general observation, we, the public, certainly don'y make an outcry of that distinction, anyway. Helps to know the facts.

* Instead of drugs we will have holy water.

What constitutes a "drug," and what makes water, even holy water, anything distinctive from a drug? 'Drug' definition: a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.  It seems water fits that description, or did you have something else in mind? Helps to know the facts.

* And of course, we would need to erect a morgue that's larger than the hospital itself.

Hint: Morgues are not permanent body depositories. They have input/output just like the rest of the hospital. Restaurants do, too, by the way, yet they don't find a need to extensively multiply their size just because somebody gets a hair up their arse that they ought to change their procedures. Helps to know the facts.

HKF is a common phrase of yours. You ought to practice it, and this isn't.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Mandrakel
As I inquired to your interrogator, Polytheist-Witch, what is the nature of "nature?" 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mandrakel
Of course  the placebo itself, does diddly squat.

And you explained everything else perfectly.

Nice one.
Mandrakel
Mandrakel
-->
@zedvictor4
Of course  the placebo itself, does diddly squat.

And you explained everything else perfectly.

Nice one.
It is the mind of the beholder that works, not the placebo.
But okay, point taken. What I'll do is go to my physician and tell him that there is nothing  wrong with me, like absolutely nothing wrong and can he please prescribe some placebos for me, like an awful lot. Then I shall swallow the lot at once and we'll see if I OD.
Mandrakel
Mandrakel
-->
@fauxlaw
* Operating theaters are prayer rooms:

There are roughly 1M practicing doctors in the U.S.https://www.statista.com/topics/1244/physicians/
Of them, 1,044 of them participated in a recent survey. 76% acknowledged belief in God. https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/survey-most-doctors-believe-god-afterlife-flna1c9442008
I would say to your claim of a distinction of operating theaters and prayer rooms that they are, right now, without your "Holy Hospital," prayer rooms.  Helps to know the facts.
Of those who say they believe in God very few actually do. A recent census in Australia showed that less than 14% of Roman Catholics regularly attend Church. Most who claim to be religious give faith no more than lip service.

Your trio of a replacement squad are already on the team of practicing healthcare workers. They may not all be accredited by the AMA, but that is mostly a political, not necessarily just a medical organization. As a general observation, we, the public, certainly don'y make an outcry of that distinction, anyway. Helps to know the facts.
Crap. The AMA is not political and the reason that chiropractors, naturopaths and acupuncturists are banned from registration is that they are all a bunch of dishonest, charlatan quacks whose only interest is to fleece gullible people. The AMA have made it clear that they will not have a bar to do with theses shonks.

What constitutes a "drug," and what makes water, even holy water, anything distinctive from a drug? 'Drug' definition: a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.  It seems water fits that description, or did you have something else in mind? Helps to know the facts.
Kerrist, here we go on the nitpicking again. I'll go down to my neighborhood dealer shall I and ask him if he has any water?

They have input/output just like the rest of the hospital. Restaurants do, too, by the way, yet they don't find a need to extensively multiply their size just because somebody gets a hair up their arse that they ought to change their procedures. Helps to know the facts.
Oh well, let's give you the benefit of the doubt shall we? We'll scrape up all the road crash victims over a given period (and all their missing limbs, pulverised organs and gallons of blood) then take them to the prayer room and pray real hard, I mean really really hard. Then we will compare the statistics of how many operating theater patients were wheeled into the mortuary and how many prayer room patients ended up there.

Mandrakel
Mandrakel
-->
@fauxlaw
As I inquired to your interrogator, Polytheist-Witch, what is the nature of "nature?" 
I'm not into nitpicking so I really couldn't give a rat's orifice.
I am more into dealing with real issues.

And Poly couldn't interrogate an effeminate flea even if she tried. And I know she does try. At least she has long since dropped the "tard" word from her vocabulary.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ludofl3x
THis guy's schtick is starting to look awfully familiar. 

Yep.  And it will get better. He will start denying that he started a thread that has his name down as the author.
Mandrakel
Mandrakel
-->
@Stephen
Yep.  And it will get better. He will start denying that he started a thread that has his name down as the author.
So, that is your prophesy, is it?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mandrakel
So, that is your prophesy, is it?
It is and here you are doing what you always do and have started denying making claims already..#20 - #22

You simply cannot keep up with yourself  or your own threads never mind anyone else's threads.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
Are your thoughts, the same as my first thoughts?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
Yep, they are Vic.  

Why he even attempts to camouflage his nonsense is baffling at times. It stands out like an limbless gymnast.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Mandrakel
effeminate flea 
That's homophobic. 
Mandrakel
Mandrakel
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
That's homophobic. 
I didn't mean it to be and I'm certainly not homophobic. It was just colourful language coming off the top of my head as per usual.