Author: Vader

Read-only
Total: 222
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
I’m not convinced that Speed’s absent-ness puts him in either camp. Not sure what his deal is, but he’s likely busy. Wouldn’t be surprised if he came up with this on the fly, have a harder time believing that it’s real.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
up to you guys.  My vote is sticking on coal, you can either join me or hope others do. 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
@oromagi
@Speedrace
@MisterChris
@FourTrouble
At this stage, we'd need someone else regardless. Not sure why no one else has chosen to vote or comment, but here we are. Can't do a whole lot with so many people inactive.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
It’ll be 3/5 either way. We need Chris and Oro to pop up to vote for Coal but only you and Chris to vote for Speed. Order really doesn’t matter cause both are scummy but RB would be more useful than a Hider.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
Ping everyone on Discord 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Vote Count
Speed [3/5] coal, Whiteflame, iLikePie5
Coal [1/5] Lunatic

FourTrouble
Debates: 8
FourTrouble
I guess Speed/Oro just gave up?
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Why aren't we lynching Oro?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@FourTrouble
Why aren't we lynching Oro?
Speed is in my dreams and Oro isn’t.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
Ok. Speed is my pick. Here is why.

It's between Speed and Coal.

With Coal we have the following to work from:
  • he claims an obscure role, something I hadn't even heard of until this point and something that did not even make Drafter's list. I feel this adds to the authenticity of his claim, even despite the next bullet
  • he claims a TOWN roleblocker. Roleblocker is typically a SCUM role but the above point plus the fact that, as SCUM, I would avoid claiming TOWN roleblocker at all costs helps me believe him.
  • his role is confirmed with WF's testimony, albeit his reasoning behind blocking WF is shady to say the least.
With Speed:
  • complete absence. Speed was SCUM last game, and this was his tactic more or less.
  • although I have not seen the series, WF (if anyone here knows about FT, he does) charges Speed with a sus claim:
"The Hider role feels a little off for her character, and Levy's just a much less likely character to be in the mix here than the other two. That may be at least somewhat influenced by the lack of justification, and I'd still like to see that from Speed."

• Lunatic's role brings balance into question a bit. Hider + Passive Protector + several investigative roles?
Regardless, if I'm wrong, we can simply lynch Coal tomorrow. 

VTL Speed. 

Vader
Vader
Vote Count
Speed [4/5] coal, Whiteflame, iLikePie5, MisterChris
Coal [1/5] Lunatic

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@FourTrouble
Can we get on with this please?
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@FourTrouble
This has become the stupidest game of mafia I've seen.

TUF's reaction tells me that Speed is town, TUF is scum and scum are TUF and Oro.
coal
coal
UNVOTE
coal
coal
Actually no.  

We are lynching Speed. 

VTL Speed

I would be VTLing Pie for death without his claim. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@FourTrouble
Hello? 

Can you hammer?

Please, Thanks, Bye
coal
coal
TUF has done a complete 180.  He went from hard town-reading me when I was ambivalent to him DP1 before he claimed.  Now, after he claimed and I stated the obvious balance issues his claimed role implicates, he now incorrectly claims I was trying to "buddy" him despite repeatedly emphasizing the balance.

Meanwhile, Pie seems to have forgotten the other half of his "dream," that frankly gives rise to my doubts as to whether he is even telling the truth.  Those results provided the framework through which I've been viewing the entirety of DP1 and DP2 at this point in the game.  Yet, the combination of his aggression and unidimensional focus makes me question whether one of his scum buddies just told him to fake claim dreamer.  When there is a cop in the game.  And a purported day cop.  

Fake claiming dreamer is something within TUF's means.  He is the only player within the bucket of plausible scum who could have told Pie that.  They have been buddying.  Why is TUF suspicious of me for trying to buddy him --- when I was doing no such thing --- yet he is not suspicious of Pie, who may as well have been riding TUF's dick since I've claimed.   

I'm not trying to over-complicate.  But I struggle to reconcile how Pie is playing with him being town.  Even given his meta.  

Though if I take Pie's results at face value, scum must be Oro and Speed.  
coal
coal
Though stepping back, I guess I should just take TUF's incorrect reaction to my thoughts on the game so far as what they most likely are: 

• From his perspective, he thinks that whenever I say that he's correctly read the game (as he did DP1), I am scum. 
  • It's a cognitive trip wire for him. 
  • Which complicates getting cooperation from the town. 
  • I suppose beating him with a stick would have been a better approach. 
  • Although I have repeatedly emphasized balance issue. 
And if the above is true, then I'm back to taking Pie's results at face value.

Vader
Vader
Vote Count
Speed [4/5] coal, Whiteflame, iLikePie5, MisterChris
Coal [1/5] Lunatic

coal
coal
And some meta thoughts, in the unlikely event I'm killed in the night (as I am tomorrow's preferred mislynch it seems, from tunnel vision plagued players, living and dead).

1. I have not played mafia on here in a long time.  I don't mind playing as scum (although I am not scum in this game), although it is widely known I prefer playing as town.  
  2. I understand that when I was younger, namely on DDO, I might have been the most aggressive player in any game.  But now that I play infrequently, if ever, and there are other constraints on my time, I really would prefer to enjoy the games I play without regard to affiliation.
  3. The way RM played in DP1 is enough to keep me from playing mafia again on this site.  It's not that I'm trying to be a bad sport about it, but dealing with that shit just is not fun for me.  I am not invested enough in this activity to do it if I'm not enjoying myself.  I feel like others likely feel the same way.
  4. The way we should all play should be oriented towards playing many games, enjoyably and repeatedly.  It's less about winning any particular game, as wanting to play again when it's over no matter the outcome. 
  5. That is why live mafia is preferable to this . . . whatever we have here. 

If as a site DART struggles to fill a game with less than 15 people . . . maybe that says something.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@coal
  1. The way we should all play should be oriented towards playing many games, enjoyably and repeatedly.  It's less about winning any particular game, as wanting to play again when it's over no matter the outcome. 
What happens in mafia stays in mafia. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@coal
Why is TUF suspicious of me for trying to buddy him --- when I was doing no such thing --- yet he is not suspicious of Pie, who may as well have been riding TUF's dick since I've claimed.   
This is objectively false. Lunatic is the only legitimate protective role that has claimed. I don’t like the fact that FT has both day and night roles apparently and the fact that he visited RM last night (WIFOM tho).

You on the other hand have a generally scummy role. Your reasoning for choosing Whiteflame makes zero sense to me. Your refusal to give reads when I asked for them further leads me to believe that you’re frustrated which is what I’d put your scum meta at.

Speed is being lynched today because he’s inactive and as a result clearly a detriment to town. He also has a character that doesn’t fit the role based on what I’ve read. Also if he is scum then you’re town and I’d rather have a RB alive tomorrow as a Townie than a Hider. 

Until another protective role comes out, I’m willing to hard town read Lunatic.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
1. oromagi - Unknown —> Unknown
2. Lunatic - Juvia Lockser —> Protector
3. iLikePie5 - Lucy Heartfilia —> Dreamer
4. MisterChris - Mirajane Strauss —> Loved
5. FourTrouble - Erza Scarlet —> JOAT: Cop, Armor
6. coal - Cana Albertina —> Drunk
7. Speedrace - Levy McGarden —> Hider
8. whiteflame - Gray Fullbuster —> Unknown

Xx. RatMan - Doranbalt —> Cop
Xx. Earth - Jellal Hernandez —> Miller

coal
coal
Your refusal to give reads when I asked for them further leads me to believe that you’re frustrated which is what I’d put your scum meta at.

This is why I would be VTLing you for death absent your role claim.

Read your own post,  DP2-157.  

Then read mine, DP2-158 and DP2-172.

That you continue to maintain this delusion I somehow am "refusing" to give reads defies rational comprehension.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@coal
This is why I would be VTLing you for death absent your role claim.

Read your own post,  DP2-157.  

Then read mine, DP2-158 and DP2-172.

That you continue to maintain this delusion I somehow am "refusing" to give reads defies rational comprehension.
I asked for explanations for specific people. You outright refused to do it when I asked, and then pulled a 180 and did it after I complained about it. Again - frustration.
coal
coal
-->
@ILikePie5
outright refused to do it when I asked,
So you are wholly unable to see or understand why I would have been frustrated with your nonsense?

coal
coal
And your claim that I refused is demonstrably false, as evidenced by the subsequent posts. 

You're just wrong.  Period.

And your reads are wrong, to the limited extent you've posted them only after FT and I pressured you for them.

And your reasons for asking me for reads are wrong; you don't understand why I asked for yours, or what to do with the information now that you have it.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@coal
So you are wholly unable to see or understand why I would have been frustrated with your nonsense?
I think any ordinary person would’ve done what I asked because it’s the town thing to do.

And your claim that I refused is demonstrably false, as evidenced by the subsequent posts.

You're just wrong.  Period.
Anyone can read the interaction. I asked you to expand on reasoning behind 3 players and it took you 3 hours to do so when you were definitely on.

And your reads are wrong, to the limited extent you've posted them only after FT and I pressured you for them.
This makes no sense. If you want my reads, just ask, I’ll post them. I responded to FT’s request for reads on two players. Then we both posted our reads simultaneously.

And your reasons for asking me for reads are wrong; you don't understand why I asked for yours, or what to do with the information now that you have it.
I actually do. It furthers my belief that if Speed is not scum, you definitely are. 

This discussion is pointless. If you are scum you might as well kill me tonight and lobby to get Lunatic lynched tomorrow.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
What's the deadline for voting?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@FourTrouble
Tomorrow morning at 10:30 CST