Earliest mention of Jesus Christ

Author: Nevets

Total: 52
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@lady3keys
"Intimidating," pfft. This from the person who apparently reads quantum mechanics and astrophysics books in her spare time.
lady3keys
lady3keys
-->
@Castin
Intimidating," pfft. This from the person who apparently reads quantum mechanics and astrophysics books in her spare time.
WARNING: Rumors of my intellugence have been grossly exaggerated. 

I buy the books. I "try" to read them. I LOVE what I learn. Sadly, I don't always learn much. Lol.

But I DO love science, especially quantum physics and relativity (as it applies to black holes, the multiverse and time-space). Unfortunately, I'm not just a layman, I'm an assistant laman!

Nevets
Debates: 35
Nevets
-->
@Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge wrote...
The earliest mentions of "Jesus" are impossible because the name Jesus is a translation into itself, the earliest mentions of the Hebrew translation are the books of the bible - that is all - you historians reacting to these claims, but not actually verifying them.
Does that really mean anything though? Name spellings differ from language to language. Take Peter for example. Regardless of what his name is in different languages it is still the same person we refer to as Saint Peter in English.

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Nevets

Nevets,

YOUR QUOTE RELATING TO JESUS' MODUS OPERANDI: "I think you mean Yeshua, not Yahweh."

When Jesus becomes God within the scriptures (John 1:14), and since there is only one God the Hebrews worshipped (Isaiah 44:5), then that God is in fact "Yahweh," therefore Jesus is Yahweh god incarnate and not Yeshua.

The following image may help support this biblical axiom above, and that I as a TRUE Christian have to accept:

Nevets
Debates: 35
Nevets
-->
@BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas wrote...
Nevets,

YOUR QUOTE RELATING TO JESUS' MODUS OPERANDI: "I think you mean Yeshua, not Yahweh."

When Jesus becomes God within the scriptures (John 1:14), and since there is only one God the Hebrews worshipped (Isaiah 44:5), then that God is in fact "Yahweh," therefore Jesus is Yahweh god incarnate and not Yeshua.

In the modern western world we usually know Yeshua as Jesus. And we typically refer to Yahweh as God.
Whilst we mostly know that there is an argument to be had regarding the bible and whether or not the bible referred to Jesus as God or not, we typically do not refer to Jesus as God, nor do we typically refer to God as Jesus.
Therefore the same would apply to Yeshua and Yahweh.
They are typically regarded as two seperate entities, even though there may be or may not be passages within the bible which contradict this.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Nevets

Nevets,

Not to belabor this point too far,

YOUR QUOTE SEEMINGLY ACKNOWLEDGING THAT JESUS IS GOD: "In the modern western world we usually know Yeshua as Jesus. And we typically refer to Yahweh as God."

Correct, Yahweh is the Hebrew serial killer God, and conversely Jesus is this God.  Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.   How can you say, "Show us the Father?" Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.(John 14: 9-10)

YOUR QUOTE: "we typically do not refer to Jesus as God, nor do we typically refer to God as Jesus.."

The scriptures disagree with you:

“For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, (Colossians 2:9)

“Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my god”  (John 20:28)

"Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours: (2 Peter 1:1)

Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@BrotherDThomas
YOUR QUOTE SEEMINGLY ACKNOWLEDGING THAT JESUS IS GOD: "In the modern western world we usually know Yeshua as Jesus. And we typically refer to Yahweh as God."

Correct, Yahweh is the Hebrew serial killer God, and conversely Jesus is this God.  Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.   How can you say, "Show us the Father?" Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.(John 14: 9-10)

YOUR QUOTE: "we typically do not refer to Jesus as God, nor do we typically refer to God as Jesus.."

The scriptures disagree with you:

“For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, (Colossians 2:9)

“Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my god”  (John 20:28)

"Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours: (2 Peter 1:1)
Hello Brother,

I have to admit that for the first time in my entire life, i have been embarrassed to be non-theist.  Your words make me want to worship Jesus and to call him God Almighty. Everything you say makes perfect sense and suddenly i am confused about what to do.  

Please help me. 

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Timid8967

Timid8967,

YOUR COMING TO MY SERIAL KILLER JESUS' ENLIGHTENMENT QUOTE, PRAISE!: " I have to admit that for the first time in my entire life, i have been embarrassed to be non-theist."

DUH! Just look in what my pagan Bronze and Iron Age Christianity's thinking has to offer you in the 21st century of science and reason!  A few propositions of many that you will have to accept in being a TRUE Christian like myself are that the Earth is flat (Daniel 4:11) with four corners (Revelation 7:1) and where the earth is the center of our solar system with the sun rotating around it, and if so desired, Jesus as God can stop the sun to stand still in the sky if need be Joshua 10:12-13 and where the moon can stand still as well, and most importantly, the stars can sing (Job 38:7). Furthermore, the Earth's foundation are pillars in holding it firm (1 Samuel 2:8). Most importantly you will have to learn to despise the Sisters of Eve, aka, women, because they are 2nd class citizens, and that man is the head over the woman as Jesus' inspired words promote throughout the JUDEO-Christian Bible (Proverbs 21:9, 1Corinthians 11: 3,8 ).

I have yet to see this happen, but you will accept that donkeys can talk (Numbers 22:28). Another thing that you will have to accept is that Jesus, whom you will supplicate too and worship nonetheless, is in fact a blatant serial killer as shown when Jesus becomes the Hebrew Yahweh God incarnate within the scriptures. As one proof of this biblical axiom, is that Jesus murdered His entire creation in the Great Flood as He watched innocent babies drown as their mothers watched in horror (Hebrews 4:13). In any event, these are but a few entities that you will learn to accept because they are all inspired by Jesus' words within the scriptures (1 Thessalonians 2:13), and who wants to call Jesus a LIAR, other than the Bible ignorant fool FAUXLAW does ad infinitum!  Additionally, you will have to become a sect of the Jewish faith because Jesus ONLY came for the Jews  (Matthew 15:25) and that Jesus was the King of the Jews (Matthew 27:37). 

YOUR CONTINUED QUOTE OF LEAVING YOUR PREVIOUS ERRORS OF NOT BEING A TRUE CHRISTIAN:  "Your words make me want to worship Jesus and to call him God Almighty. Everything you say makes perfect sense and suddenly i am confused about what to do."

In your confusion now, the first and foremost thing for you to do is to take your sorry ass into your biography AND FILL IT OUT! Understood?  This alone gives you a foundation in what you are and represent, and when it is left with nothing like it is now, your credence within this esteemed forum is embarrassing and goes wanting! Get it?

Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@BrotherDThomas
YOUR COMING TO MY SERIAL KILLER JESUS' ENLIGHTENMENT QUOTE, PRAISE!: " I have to admit that for the first time in my entire life, i have been embarrassed to be non-theist."

DUH! Just look in what my pagan Bronze and Iron Age Christianity's thinking has to offer you in the 21st century of science and reason!  A few propositions of many that you will have to accept in being a TRUE Christian like myself are that the Earth is flat (Daniel 4:11) with four corners (Revelation 7:1) and where the earth is the center of our solar system with the sun rotating around it, and if so desired, Jesus as God can stop the sun to stand still in the sky if need be Joshua 10:12-13 and where the moon can stand still as well, and most importantly, the stars can sing (Job 38:7). Furthermore, the Earth's foundation are pillars in holding it firm (1 Samuel 2:8). Most importantly you will have to learn to despise the Sisters of Eve, aka, women, because they are 2nd class citizens, and that man is the head over the woman as Jesus' inspired words promote throughout the JUDEO-Christian Bible (Proverbs 21:9, 1Corinthians 11: 3,8 ).

I have yet to see this happen, but you will accept that donkeys can talk (Numbers 22:28). Another thing that you will have to accept is that Jesus, whom you will supplicate too and worship nonetheless, is in fact a blatant serial killer as shown when Jesus becomes the Hebrew Yahweh God incarnate within the scriptures. As one proof of this biblical axiom, is that Jesus murdered His entire creation in the Great Flood as He watched innocent babies drown as their mothers watched in horror (Hebrews 4:13). In any event, these are but a few entities that you will learn to accept because they are all inspired by Jesus' words within the scriptures (1 Thessalonians 2:13), and who wants to call Jesus a LIAR, other than the Bible ignorant fool FAUXLAW does ad infinitum!  Additionally, you will have to become a sect of the Jewish faith because Jesus ONLY came for the Jews  (Matthew 15:25) and that Jesus was the King of the Jews (Matthew 27:37). 
Wow! BrotherDThomas, that is so true.  You are opening my eyes more and more.  Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou.  My current embarrassment at being a non-theist is growing so much.  I still find it difficult to reject such things like science and common sense. But your words are so powerful.  I am overcome with emotion. I am not sure how long I can hold onto my non-theistic views.  Thank you for refuting the errors of strawmen atheists.  You are so wise. Wow!

YOUR CONTINUED QUOTE OF LEAVING YOUR PREVIOUS ERRORS OF NOT BEING A TRUE CHRISTIAN:  "Your words make me want to worship Jesus and to call him God Almighty. Everything you say makes perfect sense and suddenly i am confused about what to do."

In your confusion now, the first and foremost thing for you to do is to take your sorry ass into your biography AND FILL IT OUT! Understood?  This alone gives you a foundation in what you are and represent, and when it is left with nothing like it is now, your credence within this esteemed forum is embarrassing and goes wanting! Get it?

Thank you for correcting me.  My confusion is still so hazy.    Yet your words do make sense.        Thankyou for reminding me to fill out my biography. But I don't really have much to say. And now I am so embarrassed at who I am and what I should be doing that I am going to simply concede that I am nothing. In fact I am worse than nothing.  Prince felt this way and stopped using his name.   You have so wonderfully put me to shame that like him, I am unable to attribute anything to my persona.  

I fully accept that I am embarrassing. I fully understand that without a foundation in what I am and what I represent that I am nothing.  Yet, there you have it. I have read your wonderful and powerful words and I have now reached the point where everything I was before reading your words, is as though it did not exist.  I do not think I am worthy to add to its pages.   Thankyou for opening my eyes to this truth.  

PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@Timid8967
YOUR COMING TO MY SERIAL KILLER JESUS' ENLIGHTENMENT QUOTE, PRAISE!: " I have to admit that for the first time in my entire life, i have been embarrassed to be non-theist."

DUH! Just look in what my pagan Bronze and Iron Age Christianity's thinking has to offer you in the 21st century of science and reason!  A few propositions of many that you will have to accept in being a TRUE Christian like myself are that the Earth is flat (Daniel 4:11) with four corners (Revelation 7:1) and where the earth is the center of our solar system with the sun rotating around it, and if so desired, Jesus as God can stop the sun to stand still in the sky if need be Joshua 10:12-13 and where the moon can stand still as well, and most importantly, the stars can sing (Job 38:7). Furthermore, the Earth's foundation are pillars in holding it firm (1 Samuel 2:8). Most importantly you will have to learn to despise the Sisters of Eve, aka, women, because they are 2nd class citizens, and that man is the head over the woman as Jesus' inspired words promote throughout the JUDEO-Christian Bible (Proverbs 21:9, 1Corinthians 11: 3,8 ).

I have yet to see this happen, but you will accept that donkeys can talk (Numbers 22:28). Another thing that you will have to accept is that Jesus, whom you will supplicate too and worship nonetheless, is in fact a blatant serial killer as shown when Jesus becomes the Hebrew Yahweh God incarnate within the scriptures. As one proof of this biblical axiom, is that Jesus murdered His entire creation in the Great Flood as He watched innocent babies drown as their mothers watched in horror (Hebrews 4:13). In any event, these are but a few entities that you will learn to accept because they are all inspired by Jesus' words within the scriptures (1 Thessalonians 2:13), and who wants to call Jesus a LIAR, other than the Bible ignorant fool FAUXLAW does ad infinitum!  Additionally, you will have to become a sect of the Jewish faith because Jesus ONLY came for the Jews  (Matthew 15:25) and that Jesus was the King of the Jews (Matthew 27:37). 
Wow! BrotherDThomas, that is so true.  You are opening my eyes more and more.  Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou.  My current embarrassment at being a non-theist is growing so much.  I still find it difficult to reject such things like science and common sense. But your words are so powerful.  I am overcome with emotion. I am not sure how long I can hold onto my non-theistic views.  Thank you for refuting the errors of strawmen atheists.  You are so wise. Wow!

YOUR CONTINUED QUOTE OF LEAVING YOUR PREVIOUS ERRORS OF NOT BEING A TRUE CHRISTIAN:  "Your words make me want to worship Jesus and to call him God Almighty. Everything you say makes perfect sense and suddenly i am confused about what to do."

Thank you for correcting me.  My confusion is still so hazy.    Yet your words do make sense.        Thankyou for reminding me to fill out my biography. But I don't really have much to say. And now I am so embarrassed at who I am and what I should be doing that I am going to simply concede that I am nothing. In fact I am worse than nothing.  Prince felt this way and stopped using his name.   You have so wonderfully put me to shame that like him, I am unable to attribute anything to my persona.  

I fully accept that I am embarrassing. I fully understand that without a foundation in what I am and what I represent that I am nothing.  Yet, there you have it. I have read your wonderful and powerful words and I have now reached the point where everything I was before reading your words, is as though it did not exist.  I do not think I am worthy to add to its pages.   Thankyou for opening my eyes to this truth.  

I cannot say hallelujah, but yet another pleased and happy convert of BrotherD, at least sarcastically so!  (^8
Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@PGA2.0
Better than communism.
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Timid8967
Better than communism.
Or the crazed social Marxism going on in the States now. 
Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@PGA2.0
We should import the entire population of Mexico and Somalia into America
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Timid8967
We should import the entire population of Mexico and Somalia into America
Good idea. How about two more States? And working Americans can pay for the whole enchilada of education, medical and social welfare!!! 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Timid8967
Timid8967 wrote : What is the evidence that Jesus ever existed? #14

#15 Nevets replied
There is nothing conclusive as far as I am aware.

Timid8967 wrote : So why give air to a subject that ought to be closed down? It seems to me - the more you bring this sort of stuff up - the more air time and the larger the myth becomes. 

Why ought it be closed down? And not discussed? 

Don't you think it right that people should be criticizing and question these scriptures or simply airing their own opinions about Christ and the bible in general?

It appears to me that you want to close down all and any debate about the Christ and the scriptures , yet after reading it only once you tell us that you don't even believe the bible#18  and find it "confusing and contradictory"#186 

And you have mocked and doubted the crucifixion too, haven't you? .#101

You seem awful defensive of these totally unreliable and ambiguous half stories that make up these scriptures that you don't believe, have mocked and  find confusing and contradictory . Not to mention irritated and annoyed at people "giving them air ".

Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@Stephen
My point was giving air time to nonsense - is a mistake. 

Just like people give air time to Nazi Propaganda.  The best way to stop something burning is to stop giving it oxygen. 

Complaining and raising questions about Jesus and the bible obviously draws people to it.  And some people will use this fuel to burn an entire new way of life. 

That was my point. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Timid8967

You seem awful defensive of these totally unreliable and ambiguous half stories that make up these scriptures that you don't believe, have mocked and  find confusing and contradictory . Not to mention irritated and annoyed at people "giving them air ".

My point was giving air time to nonsense - is a mistake. 
Just like people give air time to Nazi Propaganda.  The best way to stop something burning is to stop giving it oxygen. Complaining and raising questions about Jesus and the bible obviously draws people to it.  And some people will use this fuel to burn an entire new way of life. That was my point. 

And that is the reason you decided to bump up some nearly 30 +threads on a religion forum,when you first joined, is it. OK

Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@Stephen
As I said before you are a FREAKING genius. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Timid8967
As I said before you are a FREAKING genius.

No I'm, not

I am just a lot sharper than you will ever live to be.
Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@Stephen
I never said otherwise. 

Well actually I suppose I was using sarcasm, which obviously went over your head. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Timid8967
I never said otherwise. 

Well actually I suppose I was using sarcasm, which obviously went over your head. 

Nothing that comes from you goes over my head, sunshine. Anything you say wouldn't go over the head of an embryo.  You are even shite at sarcasm and it didn't take me too long to show  expose you for what you are. 

Now take your argument somewhere else and have  a little respect for someone else's' thread.

Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@Stephen
The only thing you have exposed is your own stupidity.  

And having the entire forum laugh at your foolishness.