Posts in total: 109
  • fauxlaw
    fauxlaw avatar
    Debates: 60
    Forum posts: 2,889
    fauxlaw avatar
    fauxlaw
    --> @Double_R
    If you have something to say; you say it. Using YouTube is like the mimic of a duck without its quack.
  • Double_R
    Double_R avatar
    Debates: 1
    Forum posts: 325
    Double_R avatar
    Double_R
    --> @fauxlaw
    Your response wasn’t serious enough for a real reply. I honestly took it as a joke, are you really telling you meant that as an actual argument?
  • fauxlaw
    fauxlaw avatar
    fauxlaw avatar
    fauxlaw
    --> @Double_R
    Yet, you replied. Must have been taken as an argument. By whom? Your pocket mouse?
  • Double_R
    Double_R avatar
    Double_R avatar
    Double_R
    --> @fauxlaw
    I replied with a 9 second YouTube video essentially poking fun at you. Not exactly my way of refuting an argument.

So are you going to answer or not? Was that serious? Do you really need to to explain again and in greater detail the absurdity of attacking the clock analogy within the context of the conversation?
  • fauxlaw
    fauxlaw avatar
    fauxlaw avatar
    fauxlaw
    --> @Double_R
    Sorry, I do not click on random links, particularly typical nonsense in YouTube, where, within reason, anyone can post anything. So, unless you want to ask me specifically to what you are asking, without linking me to 9 seconds of trivia, you get no response.
  • Double_R
    Double_R avatar
    Double_R avatar
    Double_R
    --> @fauxlaw
    I just did. Why is this so difficult?

I used the analogy of a broken clock being right twice a day to point out the fact that Trump being correct about the Intel on Russian bounties being false, does not mean he was “right”.

You responded to this with a rant about clocks, time, and earths position. I’m just asking you... was this a serious response?

I suppose it doesn’t matter what your answer is there though, cause either way this conversation derailed from being serious long ago.  If it was a joke then there’s nothing for me to respond to, if it was serious then there’s nothing worth me responding to. So either way... have a nice day.

• fauxlaw
    fauxlaw avatar
    fauxlaw avatar
    fauxlaw
    --> @Double_R
    Yes, it was a bloody serious response, and I don't use YouTube to prove my point. It's what we call, in the debate format, "common knowledge." It works in Forum, too. I'm expecting some bloody common sense to have credibility, clocks, time, and earths position, as included factors. You are dealing, I'll remind, with a BROKEN clock, after all. When things break of that nature, I replace them, I don't expect them to be right, and I'm certainly not going to be satisfied by their being right just 0.05% of my day.

In other words, it's a bloody useless idiom. I did not raise the broken block. Your idiom, not mine.
  • Dr.Franklin
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Debates: 32
    Forum posts: 9,031
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin
    --> @Conway
    dont know where that came from
  • Dr.Franklin
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Debates: 32
    Forum posts: 9,031