To any bigoted or ignorant defender of Chauvin, I recommend shutting up and watching this.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 124
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@RationalMadman
You can care about starving people without donating a massive amount, especially if you're a low income earner.
They don't have to donate a massive dollar amount.  They just need to donate a large percentage of their excess funds to the cause.  I mean, Joe Biden, for all of his flaws summarized it here:

I don't know what EQ is.  I'm just not an emotional person.

You can care about something that you can't do much about, that feeling is real and exists.
Most people in the US who claim to care about an issue have a huge ability to do a lot of numerical stuff about that issue.  Sponsoring a kid in a 3rd world country costs about $1 a day.  The typical person makes $80/day more than they need to survive in the US (Assuming you need $30,000/year to survive).  One person can take all their excess money and sponsor 80 starving 3rd worlders with it, and all they have to sacrifice is money they don't need.  10 million liberals(6% of the left wing population in the US) with an average salary and average living expenses can sponsor 800 million starving 3rd worlders and eliminate world hunger. 

Despite this, most people don't feel like contributing, so they may claim, "I want to end world hunger!"  But actions speak louder than words.  There is nothing wrong with refusing to help out hungry people.  But come as advertised.  Neither the bleeding heart liberal nor myself is helping as many starving 3rd worlders as we can, so we are both selfish.  At least I'm honest about it, and honesty is a good trait to have.

If yoy don't care about cops and how they may mistreat people, especially when it's based on something as severely wrong as racism, then kindly state your position.
I don't care about extremely rare events, like the cops killing a very few number of people.

You couldn't give a duck about the suffering if the arbitrary number doesn't fit your arbitrary scale right? 
I wouldn't call my scale arbitrary.  I'd call it proportional.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Greyparrot
Taxation is the theft of money, even if it benefits a poor person.
Forced childbirth is the theft of labor, even if it benefits an unborn person.

How about the government stop stealing, or keep the stealing to an absolute minimum.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Greyparrot
Most people when asked will donate only 8 dollars to climate change I saw in a survey.
What an odd amount. You think most would at least round up to ten. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
It was an average among all the people who said they cared about the climate.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Greyparrot
Oh ok, lol. That's not much. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
Greyparrot forgets that it's on  top of what they've paid in tax and may have included people who don't believe in or care about climate change, be also doesn't make clear what income level the survey asked.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
the fact is there is a biological cap on how much a person can care for others. Scientists say the cap is 5 people for close intimate relationships and 150 casual acquaintances.

8 dollars among people that care about the climate is actually not that bad. It just won't change anything.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5

Biden continues the tradition of Democrat Presidents giving out verdicts before the trial is over regarding police.

Nazi war criminals got more respect than American Cops.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Bound to be guilty in liberal Hennepin County. It is what it is. They’re probably gonna appeal and imma laugh if it’s overturned cause of Mad Maxine
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
Can I ask you something sincerely? I've already hinted at it before but now I have to ask.

Why the fuck are you laughing about this?

Even if you are ridiculous enough to think he's innocent, how is that funny to you?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Can I ask you something sincerely? I've already hinted at it before but now I have to ask.

Why the fuck are you laughing about this?

Even if you are ridiculous enough to think he's innocent, how is that funny to you?
Cause he’s guilty as of now but Maxine Waters saying what she said could be a grounds for overturn of the conviction on appeal. Said by Judge Cahill himself. It’s pretty funny cause all she had to do was keep her mouth shut.

And you’re clearly very sensitive. I say lol in like every post I make. It’s just a habit at this point
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Lookie here, it’s another person triggered that I say lol in every post
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
All of politics is a tragic comedy to the initiated.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Wonder what the arrogant users that think/thought/said/typed that he is innocent will say now?

Let me guess; ohhhh the jury said he's guilty so now we believe he's guilty and never backed him being innocent oh yeah we're sooo openminded.

Learn to admit you're wrong. Learn to take a stance that you feel proud of or regret later on. Stop being a spineless coward who has no thoughts on anything.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
Admit you were wrong.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Wonder what the arrogant users that think/thought/said/typed that he is innocent will say now?
What I’ve always said? If they find him guilty, they find him guilty lol.

Let me guess; ohhhh the jury said he's guilty so now we believe he's guilty and never backed him being innocent oh yeah we're sooo openminded.
I think he’s innocent but a jury found him guilty and I’ll accept that decision even if I disagree with it. He’ll probably appeal which is within his right to do so, so we’ll see how it goes from there.

Learn to admit you're wrong. Learn to take a stance that you feel proud of or regret later on. Stop being a spineless coward who has no thoughts on anything.
Wrong about what? That I thought the jury was gonna find him not guilty? Sure lol. I don’t mind admitting I was wrong when I thought that. I personally thought he should be acquitted and I still do, but the process found him guilty so he’s guilty.

Admit you were wrong.
Again about what?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
What I’ve always said? If they find him guilty, they find him guilty lol.
ACAB supporters are still disappointed after the verdict because the police exists. This isn't over by a long shot.
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
ACAB supporters are still disappointed after the verdict because the police exists. This isn't over by a long shot.
there are a handful of people who believe that police shouldn't exist. but they are a tiny minority. 

The main issue isn't that police exist, it is that a large percentage of them are, or become, assholes. All jobs that give you power over others attract certain types of personalities. So right off the bat, the population of people that want to become police skews towards assholes. But on top of that, the police have created a culture where these assholes are protected. So people like Chauvin, who has had tons of complaints against him, gets little to no punishment. The police protect him while he continues to be a piece of shit not worthy of public service. The culmination of protecting all these "bad apples" is that the entire culture of the police force shifts towards acceptance of these shitty people and abhorrent practices. And that causes more people to hate all police, because there are so many examples of blatant corruption and abuse of power. And then when these thing happen, the police circle the wagons and protect the cops who are the problem. 
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@HistoryBuff
 it is that a large percentage of them are, or become, assholes.
From whose perspective comes this opinionated result? Yours? Your sock puppet? Show me some valid stats, not your personal opinion. Should you bother to look, [I did] I think you'll find there's divergent opinion [not even legit stats] on the subject. That you have one, too, congratulations, but its worth is about as valid as the result of picking one's arse, thinking it is one's nose.

That result is not pleasant, but is limited to personal history.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@HistoryBuff
Or, is it as simple as the fact that the police, doing their proper job, don't make headlines?
Given: There are approx. 700,000 law enforcement officers in the U.S.https://www.statista.com/statistics/191694/number-of-law-enforcement-officers-in-the-us/
Given: there are approx. 700,000 people in each voting district in the U.S.https://www2.census.gov/geo/pdfs/reference/GARM/Ch14GARM.pdf
Given: there are 435 voting districts in the U.S.https://www2.census.gov/geo/pdfs/reference/GARM/Ch14GARM.pdf

Therefore, the ratio of police officers to the public is approx 1:435, or 0.2% of us are police officers.
Given: There are approx 2.1M people in prison/jail today, or approx 0.6% of us.https://www.vera.org/downloads/publications/people-in-jail-and-prison-in-2020.pdf 
That's about 3 per each officer on an annual basis. looks like, to me, by the numbers, most of us are not harassed by the police at all. Care to revise your opinion?
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@fauxlaw
From whose perspective comes this opinionated result? Yours? Your sock puppet? Show me some valid stats, not your personal opinion. Should you bother to look, [I did] I think you'll find there's divergent opinion [not even legit stats] on the subject. That you have one, too, congratulations, but its worth is about as valid as the result of picking one's arse, thinking it is one's nose.
this translates as "blah, blah, blah" i don't care if police abuse their power. 

That's about 3 per each officer on an annual basis. looks like, to me, by the numbers, most of us are not harassed by the police at all. Care to revise your opinion?
wow, your numbers have absolutely nothing to do with what we are talking about. How does the number of police officers have anything to do with whether they are abusing their power? 

America has the highest percentage of population imprisoned in the world. America is literally the worst country on the planet (except maybe some that don't publicly say who they imprison) in terms of imprisoning people. And you are using this statistic as evidence that american police are totally fine?

And lastly, police can harass people without imprisoning them. They can stop them without cause, give out more tickets, more traffic stops, use excessive force in interactions etc. None of these things would necessarily be reflected in prison populations, but could easily be abused by police. Although, as i previously proved, america has a massively inflated prison population as well. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@fauxlaw
The MCAB lie has consequences.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Greyparrot
MCAB
Master Championship of Amateur Brewing? One of us has torn out a page.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@fauxlaw
Most Cops Are Bad.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
BLM has now graduated from being a defender of resisting arrest to being a social defender of having knife fights.

I can't imagine why Demokrat Dystopias even have any police at this point.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I wish I could ban GreyParrot from my threads. 24/7 bullshit.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
I love you too RM.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
BLM has now graduated from being a defender of resisting arrest to being a social defender of having knife fights.

I can't imagine why Demokrat Dystopias even have any police at this point.
King James really be inciting violence against the police officer
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
I wonder what the next Shark BLM has to jump to maintain all those million-dollar mansions.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
I wonder what the next Shark BLM has to jump to maintain all those million-dollar mansions.
Nothing. Sheep gonna sheep on everything