Can we get something here - aside from Mafia?

Author: Theweakeredge

Total: 6
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
You know - I like mafia plenty, I've played a lot of it in the past - but its kinda annoying that its the only forum game here -so- going to the people here: what are some games you'd like to see here in this category - aside from Mafia?
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
No, that is why you must surrender.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
I'd really rather not - and I unblocked you. Just letting you know
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
When there is a game worthy of coming back that people would play I wouldn't mind. I also am thinking of bringing back another famous DART discord/forum game
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Theweakeredge
How about a game called ARGUMENTUM ad POPULUM?

We start with people suggesting debate topics and encourage folks to like topics for a couple of days.  Whichever topic gets the most likes becomes the topic of debate.  Then folks start submitting affirmative argument on that topic.  The argument may not exceed the length or format of a single post in the thread.  One argument per DARTer.  Again, folks are encouraged to like as many or as few arguments as they like and the affirmative argument that gets the most likes wins the affirmative.  Then folks submit a counter-argument specifically refuting the WINNING affirmative.  Again, most likes wins.  One point is awarded to the topic winner.  Two points to the winning counterargument.  Three points to the winning affirmative.  If a single DARTER wins both affirmative and counter, points are doubled.  All points are carried over from week to week and a new game is started when the old game ends.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
I've always liked the idea of an in forum Dungeons and Dragons campaign.  I think I have a sense of how to customize playstyle (Dungeon World/PBtA style) but its a hard to preserve a narrative when participation is sketchy.