Tim Scott for President 24

Author: fauxlaw

Total: 41
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@FLRW

But what a petty accusation in the first place. 
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@fauxlaw
In May 2017, President Trump, Melania Trump, and Ivanka Trump visited Pope Francis in Rome. A news clip captured the Pope asking the first lady in Italian what she feeds her husband.
Melania Trump did not appear to understand the question until a translator repeated it in English. The video was posted by Inside Edition.
During the same trip, Melania Trump visited a children's hospital but did not speak Italian aside from rudimentary phrases, while speaking in English with the children for the rest of the time.
Even when she said some Italian phrases, she employed the incorrect conjugation. The video was posted by Rome Reports.
Also, when President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump visited France, a video of the event was posted by The Telegraph, and it was captioned "Melania Trump speaks French" but it did not capture her saying much more than "Hello" and the phrase "My name is Melania" in French.
There are no videos of her speaking German. She attended the G20 summit dinner in 2017, and she talked to Russian President Vladimir Putin, who can speak English and German, but it was not reported what language they used while conversing.
According to AMERICAblog Editor John Aravosis, who is also multilingual, if Melania Trump is really distinctive among all the U.S first ladies with her fluency in multiple languages, she would at least demonstrate her skill by briefly engaging locals in conversations in their native languages when she went to Europe with the President, but she didn't.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@FLRW
Is pope Francis Italian? No, and neither is Melania. I know some Italian, but listening to Pope Francis speaking Italian, he does not speak like a native Italian; few speakers of a foreign tongue do; Melania herself is difficult for some to understand, but I've been to over 30 countriers, most of which do not speak English as a native tongue, but many do speak it. They are sometimes hard to understand, so I get it when a non-Italian-native speaker [Francis] speaks Italian. I speak fluent French [both by education and living there for over three years], but it is not my native language, and sometimes I've screwed up, too. I am still considered fluent by francophone standards. And, sometimes, in conversation, I don 't say much, either. Just the nature of particular conversations, but one cannot judge on the basis of one or two exemplary conversations. A report that does not identify which language is spoken by two non-Germans is simply that, and has no credibility on either speaker's language skills, is it?
C'mon. You're making mountains of mole hills. To what purpose. To prove Melania is what? Only human, just like you? So, never heard of you. Melania, I've heard of. Jealous?

dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@fauxlaw
For me personally, I think the mastery of multiple languages over several different language families is an amazing feat, and does much to offset the air-headed stereotype of those who choose modelling as their profession and negative character traits associated with choosing to partner yourself with a character as repulsive as Trump. Alas, beyond tabloids that baselessly assert so, there seems to be little actual evidence that supports such a claim.
FLRW
FLRW
Melania Trump previously said that she graduated from college in Slovenia with a degree in architecture and design. However, this was proven to be a lie.
The FLOTUS also claimed that she studied at a university in Slovenia, and sources revealed that this may not necessarily be the case either.
In the book “Melania Trump: My World,” Donald Trump’s wife’s brief biography reveals that she studied at the University of Slovenia. After her graduation, she started pursuing her modeling career in different parts of the world.
But according to Snopes, there is no such thing as the University of Slovenia or University in Slovenia. Slovenia is home to a slew of other colleges, including the University of Ljubljana, which other publications claimed was Melania’s school.

CBS News reportedly looked into the school’s list of graduates, and they found out that the FLOTUS had not made it to her graduation day. After she was busted for lying, the first lady’s bio page on her husband’s government website claimed that she paused her studies to advance her modeling career in Milan and Paris.
Blaz Matija Vogelnik, Melania’s former professor, also said that the FLOTUS did not graduate from the University of Ljubljana.

FLRW
FLRW
Jeffery Epstein said that he was the one who introduced Trump to then-Slovenian model Melania Knauss, at the Kit Kat Club in Times Square.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@fauxlaw
Who is Tim Scott?
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@fauxlaw
I disagree with Tim Scott on many issues, but I agree with him on some as well.

What I disagree with Tim Scott on:

1) Abortion; he's pro life on abortion and I'm pro choice/anti pain.
2) Immigration; he supports secure borders, I support increasing the number of taxpayers in the country.
3) Military industrial complex: He wants to give the military more funds as a percentage of our GDP; I don't.
4) He, like 95% of politicians in DC is a partisan hack who only thinks along party lines.  Not even I think along party lines, as I disagree with libetarians on nuclear power and I think some taxation is needed to maintain a society, but would prefer it if taxes were lowered.  I prefer candidates that think for themselves.

What I agree with him on (but would prefer it if he went further):

1) He wants to, "Replace income tax & estate tax with 23% sales tax"(Tim Scott on the Issues).  I want something similar to this, so I give him credit here.
2) He, "Opposes restrictions on right to bear arms".  I agree with him 100% here.
3) He doesn't believe he is a racist.  I agree with him here.
4) He, "Disapprove of increasing the debt limit".  I want the debt entirely paid off in 4 years while cutting taxes and not cutting overall spending by increasing the number of taxpayers in the country.

Why should I support Tim Scott?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@bmdrocks21
SC Senator [R]
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@fauxlaw
And what's so good about him? Why do you want him to be president?