atheists have a stupid theory about people hallucinating elaborate afterlife stories when they die

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 77
n8nrgmi
Debates: 0
n8nrgmi
-->
@ludofl3x
'You're doing the popular "claim IS evidence" conflation. You need to claim there's an afterlife, then demonstrate there is. I get that you think an accusation is a form of evidence, but it's an exceptionally soft form. '

actually youre the one doing the claim is evidence conflating. you think simply asserting a theory is a good explanation. i see no reason to assume it's true, even if i agree it's plausible. i'm the one that has evidence here... people are clinically dead, and they tell us of the afterlife when they when they come back. that's plain evidence. so yes, i have evidence, all you have is a claim that you are conflating as evidence. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@n8nrgmi
actually youre the one doing the claim is evidence conflating. you think simply asserting a theory is a good explanation. i see no reason to assume it's true, even if i agree it's plausible. i'm the one that has evidence here... people are clinically dead, and they tell us of the afterlife when they when they come back. that's plain evidence. so yes, i have evidence, all you have is a claim that you are conflating as evidence. 
I'm not asserting a theory about there being a survival gene. that's part and parcel of being a member of a species. If you don't inherently want to survive, you don't have a fight or flight response, and you're eaten, quickly. The reason my 'theory' is more plausible than yours is because everything I said is demonstrated: people nearing death, particularly prolonged struggles, report 'life flashing before their eyes.' Your evidence for these people being transported to another dimension and returning is what, their reports? If so, why aren't they all exactly the same? Why do Christinas see CHristian  iconography, why do Hindus see Hindu iconography, why do some people see none, why do parents see their children when they're young, even if they're old? Again, my idea requires no inference of another dimension or supernatural plane. Yours does. All I'm saying is demonstrate that's real, not someone's anecdote reported from a time where their brain was going through end of life functionality. If someone testifies about something, do you just take that testimony alone at its word? Do you require corroboration from another witness? See if their stories match? Or better, can you independently confirm what the testimony was, through like video or forensics?

eople are clinically dead, and they tell us of the afterlife when they when they come back. that's plain evidence.
They're clinically dead, they're not ACTUALLY dead to report what's happening when they're really dead. I repeat: what do people who've been shot in the back of the head report vis a vis the afterlife? 
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@ludofl3x
I'm not asserting a theory about there being a survival gene.

no, you're not asserting there being a survival gene, but you are asserting that people hallucate elaborate afterlife stories when they die, based on the survival gene. that's all your claim is... something someone pulled out of their ass. it doesn't have any scienctific basis to it, in that you can't point to specific afterlife genes or anything specific. all you have is a plausible connection to the survival gene that skeptics seem to like for some reason. 

The reason my 'theory' is more plausible than yours is because everything I said is demonstrated: people nearing death, particularly prolonged struggles, report 'life flashing before their eyes.'

here is some science pointing to NDEs being authentic.

so we have common sense, people died and reported the afterlife. and we have loads of science pointing to them being authentic experiences. all you have is a theory that someone pulled from their ass, that is at best plausibly rational but with scant science attached to it. 

"Why do Christinas see CHristian  iconography, why do Hindus see Hindu iconography, why do some people see none, why do parents see their children when they're young, even if they're old? "

it's possible that our afterlives are of our own creation. that doesn't disprove there being an afterlife just because they might be different. but i also contest that there are so many types. have you actually ever seen an NDE of budda or muhamed? i haven't. i highly suspect you can't find very many of non christian religions. i know i found one where they thought some shadow figures were hindu gods, but i think they could have misinterpreted it. at least, i need more than just one example. i need a good array of examples... and that's hard to come by if it's at all possible. i'll stick with what i know... that there's a ton of light figures who people think is jesus and all that stuff. 

"They're clinically dead, they're not ACTUALLY dead to report what's happening when they're really dead. I repeat: what do people who've been shot in the back of the head report vis a vis the afterlife? "

you have a point that NDErs are not irreversibly dead. but they are still dead, and you can't deny that's significant. they died, and came back with afterlife stories. very straight forward 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Sooooooooooooooooooo.
We can wrap it up with. 
No one , not no how can know what happens when one dies.  
Apart from the observable. The body decays. 
FULL STOP
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Being Cremated is ballsy.
For what may it be like being burnt to ash after you die.  Its gotta hurt. 
Or would it ?  
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Surely a soul couldn't ummmmmm survive being burnt to ash. 
Oh but by that time ya soul would have already flown away.  
Or woukd it have ?
When does ya soul leave your body ? 
Can i say leave ?

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@n8nrgmi
do you agree that it's a stupid theory for atheists to just assume people hallucinate elaborate afterlife stories when they die?

Well TBH it doesn't surprise me, they have to make up crap to support their materialistic assertions. Is it stupid? yeah on one level it is, the fact they don't attribute conscious experience outside the confines of the brain and body as evidence of a soul or at the very least consider it is foolish because that is exactly what it supposes. It's not like the concept of souls, paranormal encounters and afterlife experience haven't been recorded and presented for as long as humans have existed.
NDE's are flat out evidence that such propositions exist, but instead of taking those witnesses at face value they are forced to conjure up stories about brains as if they even know how anything works at all.
Now, this is in spite of the fact that NDE's take place after no signs of brain activity, as that is what defines an NDE. 

Then, gullible people like Ludo aren't aware of the reality that a soul cannot come back into the body if the body has been damaged beyond the point of a soul being able to use it again, so obviously if someone's head gets blown off an NDE (coming back) is not possible lol. That's not proof that NDE's aren't actual or that conscious experience doesn't extend beyond the life of the brain, that's only proof that the soul needs a body that is still capable of normal function at some point to re-occupy it...Once death is final, the soul moves on, obviously a near death experience can only occur if the physical body is resuscitated. An NDE can only happen if the physical body is in a condition where it is reusable, then a soul may re-enter that body to tell of their encounter.

But brain death can occur while it is deprived of oxygen and blood flow depending upon an injury, and once the death of the brain happens the souls conscious experience continues outside the confines of that brain because it exists independent of that brain. As I've told Ludo before, the brain is simply a conduit or component that confines the conscious experience to a material body and as the brain shuts down conscious experience continues.
This is shown through NDE's on a worldwide scale, not just a few here and there. It has also been shown through spirituality and religion for eons and is thoroughly understood in these circles as a fact, not some silly hallucination or dreams. People that have spiritual experiences and NDE's are fully aware of what normal conscious experience is, and no one can tell them that what they experienced is anything other than what it was.

why do you think atheists have such stupid ideas? why do they have this deep seated need to disbelieve?

Confirmation bias you know...what they blame others for lol. That's the irony, and it's also a bit of irony as a group of followers they portray themselves as the superior bunch that follows the evidence, but when evidence of a soul is evident they sweep it under the rug. As I said above, they are FORCED to adopt any theory that confirms their deep seated materialistic worldview.
Now, when an NDE occurs we aren't just talking about someone having a normal body experience. We are talking about the soul separating from the physical body as they watch themselves leave it! and are fully able to leave the confines of that body and have clear, vivid experiences as life continues in a parallel world. That is paramount, because it specifically highlights the fact that the soul can detach from the physical body and physical world and fully operate.

Everyone knows that normal conscious experience (as that being experienced through the physical body) always takes place within the confines of that body. In other words no one experiences leaving their physical body unless death occurs, an OBE occurs or a spiritual encounter takes place. Because normally, while the physical body is in normal operation, the brain is the component that isolates the souls conscious experience to that body to be able to interact within this world. Its job is to confine your perceptions through that brain and body, and as long as the soul occupies the brain there will be activity within that brain just like with any electrical component or conduit.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Surely a soul couldn't ummmmmm survive being burnt to ash.

That contradicts the meaning of having a soul. Soul means to survive the death of the body and the body of course just being a vehicle or vessel which the soul occupies.

Oh but by that time ya soul would have already flown away. 

Correct, once the body loses function the soul separates from the physical body and leaves it behind. In other words your conscious experience will continue.

Or woukd it have ?

Yes it would have, cremation is done after brain death and after the heart stops beating. By then, the soul has no more use of the physical body, it would have been long gone. Actually, as soon as the brain shuts down the soul is already detaching from that body.

When does ya soul leave your body ?

As soon as normal function of the physical body begins to shut down. When your physical body experiences death, you will then experience leaving or separating from the physical body and most likely you will watch your body as it lays there lifeless. From there your conscious experience will prevail, you will be present within a parallel reality.

Can i say leave ?

Yes, why yes you can.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
For what may it be like being burnt to ash after you die.  Its gotta hurt. 
Or would it ?  

Lol, you can only experience pain through the nervous system of the physical body, and that only occurs while you are consciously awake within the body. Once the soul leaves the physical body after brain death, which occurs after the heart stops beating your experience will be outside the confines of your earthly body. You will be present within the subtle body, what people refer to as the spirit body. This is the subtle layer that confines you to the next parallel world. 
But once the brain shuts down, there's no more use or feeling of the nervous system that is prevalent within only that body. Think of the physical body as merely a piece of machinery, that you use to navigate this world but you are only temporarily using it. Once that piece of machinery breaks down, there is no more use of it. The nervous system that you experience within the body can only function while there is blood flow and brain activity, at least your experience of it. So no, when you are being cremated you aren't experiencing being burned lol. 

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@n8nrgmi
What's the "ND" in NDE stand for?

NDErs are not irreversibly dead. but they are still dead, and you can't deny that's significant

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@EtrnlVw
Lol, you can only experience pain through the nervous system of the physical body, and that only occurs while you are consciously awake within the body.
So souls can't be tortured, then? How do they experience pleasure?

That's not proof that NDE's aren't actual or that conscious experience doesn't extend beyond the life of the brain, 
That's not my point in bringing it up: my point was these stories ONLY come up when people die in some less-than-instant way, when blood flow and thereby oxygen flow to the brain is gradually reduced to critical levels. This allows for the idea that the brain, given the option, resorts to survival instinct and combs through the most important memories and ideas a person has had stored in their brains to find a reason to keep fighting. Do people who get shot in the back of the head experience the same? People who die instantly, in other words, that don't have the prolonged lack of oxygen. It'd be really helpful if one of those people could report what happened right before they died, then you'd have something to compare your NDE experiences to. Instead all you have is exactly what I laid out: people whose brains experienced critical blood and oxygen deficiency for enough time to have been declared dead, or nearly dead, and who fortunately came back. 

Now, this is in spite of the fact that NDE's take place after no signs of brain activity, as that is what defines an NDE
So you're 100% certain that the brain shuts off THEN an NDE occurs? Not that what's being called an "NDE" here happens inside the brain as it's still functioning in its death throes, THEN it shuts off, and that memory is accessed right after resuscitation? It seems a pretty critical piece of your theory, how are you certain?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
So souls can't be tortured, then?

First of all, who is torturing them? you know I don't believe God tortures souls right? so lets get that out of the way. Souls experience bad things if they put others through bad experiences, and there's many ways that can happen.
Next, what I was referring to above was specifically regarding the usage of the PHYSICAL body, not the spiritual body, or spirit form. Consciousness itself cannot experience pain because it is formless, pain is only relevant where there is an embodiment that can experience both pain and pleasure. In the physical world, the nervous system was created as a means of creating the exposure to sensations on a physical level.
Let me say this though, that the soul itself is also distinct from the spirit bodies,  and so the subtle bodies can also experience forms of feelings...I'll explain below. 

How do they experience pleasure?

Number one, when you leave the physical body you will be present within an energetic subtle body where there is still a high form of sensation, perhaps different from the physical body but still present within your experience. The vibrational quality of the subtle body exists at a much finer and higher frequency than that of the material earthly body which is far more dense and limited. The exact anatomy of this energetic body is probably somewhat of a mystery at least in this world, however I believe there is still a tangible energetic frequency that we experience. Because of the lightness of the spirit, the physics change drastically as your spiritual body can travel and move multidimensional.

Now having said that, sensations are not the only thing we experience and the soul being an eternal reality one can inhabit some dark places within creation depending on its Karma and one doesn't need to "feel" to have terrifying experiences. But like I said I'm almost certain the subtle body experiences sensations on an energetic level without a physical body. Pleasure comes in many different forms, not just through a physical nervous system but some of the energetic qualities of sensation in your spirit body will probably be euphoric and unlike anything you're used to. Not to mention the places of creation on other planes would shock you, the beauty is unreal. I've seen spiritual beings and they are fantastic, and I haven't seen a whole lot.

Actually the physical world is the outermost layer and probably the least of what exists in terms of ability, beauty and pleasure. There's colors, planets, creatures, landscapes and beings like you've never imagined and the experiences are far greater. Most people never consider the Creator as an eternal creative force and what the implications of that are, lets just say the Creator has been very busy for a long time lol, there are no limits to what can exist.
As we discussed before, creation is made up of layers and when you leave the body and are present within the astral world that is only but one other universe, and there are several. As you leave each plane of existence your soul has a layer that corresponds with that world so that you have a "body" to interact within that experience. But if you were to leave all the worlds and layers of creation and that which confines your soul to those places you would be conscious but completely free of any form whatsoever.

When you get into the pure conscious realms, you basically are navigating with your thought and instincts. It would be like living within your dreams so to speak in the sense whatever you think of you experience right then and there. Of course the beings that are permitted to experience this have learned full control over the emotions and the mind, otherwise you would probably severely traumatize yourself. Luckily for now, you are confined to the physical world through a physical body where it takes more time to manifest your ideas and thoughts into reality. In other words you don't get yourself into trouble as quick as you can imagine it, your physical body has to build or act out what you are thinking and desiring. But there are worlds that don't have these limitations, you experience everything as soon as you think it or want it. To leave all worlds of experience and to be completely free of anything related to creation is to exist as God exists in the full state of pure consciousness.
Sorry to ramble there, but just know the physical world and all its beauty is not the end of pleasure or experiences.

That's not my point in bringing it up: my point was these stories ONLY come up when people die in some less-than-instant way, when blood flow and thereby oxygen flow to the brain is gradually reduced to critical levels.

Brain death occurs within minutes after the hearts stops beating, after the heart stops beating and there is NO brain activity is when an NDE can take place. TBH it's not really anything gradual, we're talking minutes after the heart stops. The soul can only come back into that body as a useful component only if the heart is resuscitated.
There's a documentary called "I Survived Beyond and Back" that correlates each testimony with medical facts and documentation. Some of the testimonies have been reported hours after brain death. But again, if the soul must come back due to an accident of some kind, it can reenergize the body if that body is still intact and then breathing and heart beating can begin.

This allows for the idea that the brain, given the option, resorts to survival instinct and combs through the most important memories and ideas a person has had stored in their brains to find a reason to keep fighting.

You don't seem like you are very familiar with NDE's. Probably because you believe it's stupid, I'm sure you have put little effort into research instead of reading some materialistic BS trying to come up with reasons why it could happen. NDE's are clear, vivid and objective occurrences that are totally new to the individual like journeying to a completely new world. Of course that's because they are certainly in a new plane of experience.

Do people who get shot in the back of the head experience the same? People who die instantly, in other words, that don't have the prolonged lack of oxygen.

Why don't you get it? people can only report what they experience if they can come back into the body, if someone's head was blown off there is no option for the soul to come back into the body. In other words they do experience the same thing, they just can't come back into the body to tell you about it. They have completely lost the physical body. An NDE means that a person has had the experience, but was able to gain back function of the body and they returned to it, thereby telling you of their observations.

It'd be really helpful if one of those people could report what happened right before they died, then you'd have something to compare your NDE experiences to.

They do, they experience dying and feel their heart stopping and then they momentarily black out as their brain shuts off. Then comes the experience of leaving the body, which usually gets reported as the sensation of "going through a tunnel". That is the soul separating from the body, you will experience a suction or pulling and that is the spirit pulling away from your earthly form....... this is when people then have conscious experiences outside of the brain and body.

Instead all you have is exactly what I laid out: people whose brains experienced critical blood and oxygen deficiency for enough time to have been declared dead, or nearly dead, and who fortunately came back.

Lol, okay you're the expert.

So you're 100% certain that the brain shuts off THEN an NDE occurs? Not that what's being called an "NDE" here happens inside the brain as it's still functioning in its death throes, THEN it shuts off, and that memory is accessed right after resuscitation? It seems a pretty critical piece of your theory, how are you certain?

NDE's are recorded after the heart stops beating and there is no sign of brain function. After this occurs, the person watches themselves LEAVE the body as they freely move around in a parallel world, with real places, people and things. People can't leave their body Ludo unless the body dies, that's when an NDE occurs, and then unfortunately sometimes they are allowed back to finish their journey here.
These are not sleeping or dreaming states either, or half comatose states of consciousness. People know what it is like to dream or have some strange sensation that is different to normal consciousness. These are highly functioning, vivid and clear states of consciousness outside the body, no dreaming or half alive crap. We're talking HD here pal lol. Don't assume people are too stupid not to understand the difference. 
One thing to remember, that NDE's happen to people of all walks of life and the documentary I mentioned above has no agenda other than to document the facts. No one is trying to sell religious ideas or propaganda, these are just ordinary folks and as a matter of fact many people who have had one don't report it in fear they will be seen as a freak or something. But it does indeed change their views and attitudes of life and death. 
I have a thread somewhere within this forum with a bunch of NDE facts, right now I don't have the time to go back over it all. Perhaps I'll show you later or something. Also, if I don't get back to right away I'm having difficulties with logging in.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
@n8nrgmi
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@EtrnlVw
Number one, when you leave the physical body you will be present within an energetic subtle body where there is still a high form of sensation, perhaps different from the physical body but still present within your experience. The vibrational quality of the subtle body exists at a much finer and higher frequency than that of the material earthly body which is far more dense and limited. The exact anatomy of this energetic body is probably somewhat of a mystery at least in this world, however I believe there is still a tangible energetic frequency that we experience. Because of the lightness of the spirit, the physics change drastically as your spiritual body can travel and move multidimensional.
Demonstrate the truth in any one of these sentences, and I'll read the rest of that post. This is purely your conjecture. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
You can label it whatever you want, you can decide to read the rest of the post or not.  I don't know what you mean by "demonstrate", all I can offer you is the truth by writing to you information you should consider. You do realize your ideas about consciousness and your materialistic worldview are also conjecture?? then who are you to avoid anything I have to say? honestly I don't really enjoy conversing with you anyways, you're kind of a prick. In reality it doesn't matter if you take what I say or leave it, it will be demonstrated to you when you leave the physical body anyways. I'm just trying to create a path of knowledge for you. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
If you wish to stop being a stubborn jerk, I would suggest checking out some episodes of the link I left for you, maybe watch episode 4 from season 1. It will give you a good idea of what you will also experience one day. Maybe you will think back to yourself when that day comes and remember that dude from that debate site actually knew what he was talking about lol. "What a douche I was to fluff off what he had to say, what a pompous prick I was to demand he demonstrate something in order than I consider it". 
Just so you know I've put in the time, application and observations to present what I know to be the most accurate path to knowledge I can offer you. I'm not just some hillbilly playing games here, I take this very seriously. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@EtrnlVw
I don't really enjoy conversing with you anyways, you're kind of a prick
Haha, okay, fair enough. I am kind of a prick. 

I don't know what you mean by "demonstrate", all I can offer you is the truth

Well, the concept of demonstration is fairly simple: if it's true, you should be able to say "see, this is how you can tell it's true." You never have. You just say "this is usful information" when as far as I can tell, it's just your singular fantasy imagined version. If it's true, then why can't you demonstrate it? I'm struggling to think of anything that I know to be true, that CANNOT be demonstrated. 

Just so you know I've put in the time, application and observations to present what I know to be the most accurate path to knowledge I can offer you. 
Great! Let's see the application and your documented observations. I'm sorry, anecdotal evidence from a TV show does not make for compelling evidence. You said NDE's only happen after the brain shuts down, and you haven't said how you know that. Empirically, there can't be brain activity to detect if the brain shuts off, so are you saying this happens outside the brain? How do you know that, then? I'm glad to change my mind, if presented with evidence that's compelling. You're making extraordinary claims and providing SUPER soft evidence (one guy's oxygen-deprived recollection). 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Well atheists believe that all theists are mentally ill so of course it's all made up the fact that we make up the same things makes us even more mentally ill.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
 then why can't you demonstrate it? 

This is the religion forum where we are discussing spiritual concepts, basic ones at that I'm just expanding on them to give you a better idea of how it works and comes together instead of just saying "hey, you have soul" I'm willing to go much deeper into the subject. Rather than just feed you some religious dogma I'm here to give you the mechanics of how things operate. But these are spiritual based concepts, even though they are actual, it's not things I can harness or duplicate. This isn't science class or a chemistry set were I can demonstrate some material experimentation for you. Maybe if you don't want to consider information related to your soul you shouldn't be poking your nose around here?

I'm struggling to think of anything that I know to be true, that CANNOT be demonstrated. 

Well then, it should be fairly simple for you to give me a few examples? how do you plan on demonstrating something for me....

Great! Let's see the application and your documented observations.

Well at least you know you are a prick. 

I'm sorry, anecdotal evidence from a TV show does not make for compelling evidence.

Well it's partly because you're a prick and you probably believe peoples observations aren't worth hearing. However, as I said the show doesn't just cover anecdotes, it gives you the corresponding medical facts beside them, these are people that have been hospitalized.  Doctor testimonies and documented time frames of how long they were dead. 

You said NDE's only happen after the brain shuts down, and you haven't said how you know that. Empirically, there can't be brain activity to detect if the brain shuts off

These are people who have flatlined and show no signs of activity which indicates they were alive, ya know... EKG tests and all the little devices they read when they declare your azz clinically dead. 

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@EtrnlVw
I didn't have to demonstrate my personal experience to anyone.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Ludo doesn't get it, he doesn't understand that these topics can't be "demonstrated" but he's also a prick and is just here to mock people. That kind of thing is fun for pricks. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@EtrnlVw
How am I mocking you by asking how can I tell if you're telling the truth? And why are you yelling at PW?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
How am I mocking you by asking how can I tell if you're telling the truth?

It's your attitude, I mean do you think I'm stupid? I've seen enough of your posts to get where you are coming from and what kind of individual you are. 

And why are you yelling at PW?

Was I?
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@EtrnlVw
You @'d her, not me. And you're awful sensitive, man, I'm not trying to make you feel stupid, just pointing out that there's nothing in your arguments other than your imagination. You say you're trying to add detail to these concepts, that doesn't make them any more realistic or true, it's bizarre. I'm not trying to mock you. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
 there's nothing in your arguments other than your imagination.

Well that's your conjecture 

You say you're trying to add detail to these concepts, that doesn't make them any more realistic or true

You don't know what's realistic or true, that's obvious. 

it's bizarre

I don't know what's been said that's bizarre, but you are always entitled to your own bizarre opinions. I've been discussing basic spiritual concepts. Much of what I say has already been presented for a long time. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@EtrnlVw
Well that's your conjecture 
No, it's my conclusion based on the available evidence. Present more evidence and I'll gladly change my position. 

You don't know what's realistic or true, that's obvious. 
Which is why I've asked you to demonstrate what you say to be true. You cannot. 

I don't know what's been said that's bizarre, but you are always entitled to your own bizarre opinions. I've been discussing basic spiritual concepts. Much of what I say has already been presented for a long time. 
"Spiritual concepts" do not as presented constitute a representation of reality. They are just concepts. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
No, it's my conclusion based on the available evidence.

What evidence has convinced you of your position? demonstrate it Mr. Demonstrate...

Present more evidence and I'll gladly change my position. 

Evidence for what? NDE's are a great example of evidence demonstrating that the soul exists independent of the physical body. You can't give me any reason why a soul can travel outside of their body when they die without making up some tripe. 
You won't accept any evidence is the problem. And, you may not even know what evidence means. 

"Spiritual concepts" do not as presented constitute a representation of reality.

Why not? what is a body of knowledge used for? 

They are just concepts. 

And if it exists? what are they then?

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
And, you may not even know what evidence means.

based on the available evidence.

Here let me help you out.....
EVIDENCE-
"the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid."
"an outward sign : INDICATION"
 "something that furnishes proof : TESTIMONY"
 "A thing or set of things helpful in forming a conclusion or judgment:" 
"Something indicative; an indication or set of indications:"
"The means by which an allegation may be proven, such as oral testimony, documents, or physical objects."

TESTIMONY-
"evidence or proof provided by the existence or appearance of something.
 "Evidence in support of a fact or assertion; proof."
"a declaration of truth or fact"
FLRW
FLRW
See the 2013 Smithsonian Magazine  article titled  A Last-Second Surge of Brain Activity Could Explain Near-Death Experiences

Something physical might be able to explain the phenomena of near death experiences, according to a new finding by a team of neuroscientists from the University of Michigan. They observed, at least in the brains of rats, a sudden surge of electrical activity that continues for roughly 30 seconds after clinical death. This activity, they write in a study published today in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, “demonstrate that the mammalian brain can, albeit paradoxically, generate neural correlates of heightened conscious processing at near-death.”
Although the team had predicted they’d find some activity, “we were surprised by the high levels,” George Mashour, a co-author, said in a press statement. “At near-death, many known electrical signatures of consciousness exceeded levels found in the waking state, suggesting that the brain is capable of well-organized electrical activity during the early stage of clinical death.”
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
 at least in the brains of rats

lol

a sudden surge of electrical activity that continues for roughly 30 seconds after clinical death.

So what? did you know that NDE's occur long after 30 seconds?? but you don't care do you ding dong? all you care about is quoting dummies that have no idea why brains reflect neural activity lol. 

generate neural correlates of heightened conscious processing at near-death.

All this would suggest is that the soul has produced a heightened sense of conscious awareness because it realizes it's dying, you could probably correlate that with adrenaline surges. So what? the level of awareness present because of the soul will be reflected in its readings of the brain. 

we were surprised by the high levels,

Why? seems pretty obvious. Then again, these guys appear pretty stupid at times. 

suggesting that the brain is capable of well-organized electrical activity 

This is true for any electrical component that conducts electricity, I've been saying this for a while now. As long as a soul occupies the physical body the brain will read activity. This is due to the energetic presence of the soul and the brain which is responsible for isolating the souls experience to that body.