Now I know why Computer Science has a Law and ethics class.

Author: Undefeatable

Total: 8
Undefeatable
Debates: 64
Undefeatable
After I lost my Systemic racism debate twice, I tried to continuously improve my argument, running into many judicial cases and having to interpret law. Now I can really start to see why it can be important to know about Law related ideas, even if you are computer science. Using merely basic knowledge, there was no way I could win a debate that complex.

If only arguing the topic was as easy as analyzing systems of computers... *sigh*
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Undefeatable
Is it a graduation requirement for you? Our required class was Civics but if we wanted to dive deeper we could take a Business Law elective
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
So legal knowledge would help with online debating... does online debating help with Computer Science though?
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
A lot of computer science is problem-solving, so honestly, I would not be surprised if it did. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Theweakeredge
I meant to say does legal knowledge help with Computer Science (since that was the thread title) silly typo on my part.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Hm... probably, when I took computer science there was a lot about trademark and copy right laws - because a lot of computer science is design and coding, so you do have to have a degree of copyright and trademark law known. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Undefeatable
Some think the reason Computer Science actually has a Law and Ethics class may be related to trademark and copyright laws. This makes more sense to me than the idea that Computer Science classes are trying to make you a better debater.
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Undefeatable
You have proposed to me, on several occasions, ways you think you might be able to improve your systemic racism debate. 

I have told you why those options won't work.

I could win your systemic racism debate on the pro-side, against someone making the same arguments I'm making.  

Maybe at some point I'll tell you how.