Stephen King Mafia Endgame

Author: Lunatic

Total: 55
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Mafia wins!

Greyparrot was the last one standing.

Theme split was Bachman books vs King books. Pie figured it out, but Mike quick hammered himsel before he could out the information.

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
I’m honestly confused. How did Elm know I tracked him?

Otherwise, yeah, guess my inexperience with a mafia mason worked against me. Wasn’t expecting that.
Lunatic
Lunatic
As far as Mike calling out the jailkeep and the tracker dp1, he completely pulled that out of his @ss based on a suspicion that he would be tracked since he hammered chris. He happened to be right, and I think that gambit being pulled off right had a lot of people confused lol. 

I personally would have seen that and been like "Well we know that mafia have a rolecop then" and would have discounted GP as well. Was a random gambit but really worked well in their favor. 

Only mistakes made was mikal hammering misterchris (earth would have taken the fall for it if he had abstaine) and claiming their real characters even after I advised them not to based on the theme being pretty easy to figure out. That said no one really tried theme analysis so it didn't really hurt him in the end. Mike made some pretty good calls after that with night kills and recruiting, etc. 

GG's all. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@whiteflame
I’m honestly confused. How did Elm know I tracked him?
It was a gambit that paid off based on his suspicion that there would be a tracker. He thought there would be an everynight tracker, though later he ended up guessing it was more likely a JOAT, even before you claimed.

Otherwise, yeah, guess my inexperience with a mafia mason worked against me. Wasn’t expecting that.
Occasionally I'll design games like this where mafia don't have very powerful roles but have roles that are more commonly town aligned, to enforce the idea that behavior should always trump role confirmation. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
Well, GG. I’ll be second-guessing the affiliations of confirmed roles for a while. And GG to Elm for throwing that wrench in the mix. If I’d have gone with the Cop for NP1, it wouldn’t have worked so well.
Mikal
Debates: 0
Mikal
Yeah I kinda broke down the game from what i considered balance with their being a mason god father

figured it was cop and tracker, tracker to offset the auto inno. Later changed that when I saw you say 1x. Figured you were lying and were multi night tracker but when no cop claimed it was obvious it was a god father. 

I still defend that hammer on chris.  Wanted to bait all the night actions to me

initial idea was for me to role block grey parrot to confirm him, and get tracked to him (cus inno cop result + that he is a town lock) didn't think id get jk but that served to help me make the calls on who i thought visited me 
Mikal
Mikal
wrong account lol
Bullish
Bullish
bruh scum mason is like scum innocent child
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
@no role is a town role.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Bullish
bruh scum mason is like scum innocent child
DDO had tons of these though lol. When magic recruited me to the masons inDanielle's recent Riddle mafia from 6 months ago, we were hella sus of each other the whole time.

Role Conf = / = Affil Conf
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@Lunatic
Being town is built in to the role mason. The none aff confirmed version is called neighborizer.

It's like last game with superstar/innocent child
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Y’all are hoes for not trying to analyze what I said
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
Really disappointed in you. Earth couldn’t have been scum cause he was jail kept NP2. It had to be Grey from your PoV
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
Actually, it’s Supa’s fault. If he had come on and denied it, I would’ve said it instantly. Screw you Supa. Stop getting drunk and screwing town over
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
*shrug* didn’t notice the post where Bullish said he JK’d him that phase. Honestly, even if I had, I would have been second guessing the hell out of any decision I made.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
That said no one really tried theme analysis so it didn't really hurt him in the end. 
:(

I always look into theme for every game I play. Sometimes I find things and sometimes I don’t 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
*shrug* didn’t notice the post where Bullish said he JK’d him that phase. Honestly, even if I had, I would have been second guessing the hell out of any decision I made.
I feel like everyone just wants to be done with it these days. We really need to take Mafia off for a couple of weeks so people can actually start trying again and be active.

And there was no way you should’ve been second guessing yourself. There’s no scenario where Bullish would be lying. If he was he’s just dumb
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Bullish
Being town is built in to the role mason. The none aff confirmed version is called neighborizer.
Maybe some websites treat it that way. but mods on DART/DDO have always changed what affiliations can have what roles. Town Mason is no more auto town in DDO/DART meta than roleblocker is automatically scum.

Goal of the game should always be to prioritize behavior. Even on mafia scum, mods usually only stick to strict rules like that for newbie games because they are more designed to teach game mechanics. 

It's like last game with superstar/innocent child
Pretty different situation. I am okay with changing mechanics of a role. That wasn't even really a role. It was a flavor that could be applied to a role. Technically speaking I was vanilla. I think RM just phrased it superstar, because he was excited how well that sounded with his character. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
That said no one really tried theme analysis so it didn't really hurt him in the end. 
:(

I always look into theme for every game I play. Sometimes I find things and sometimes I don’t 

Oh I know you figured it out. I was so scared the game was gonna end dp2 when you posted that list in post 32 lol. I knew people wouldn't be that familiar with King so I purposely made the theme pretty easy. A basic google search of each claimed character would tell you which two are not like the others. Mikal said in his PM he claimed his real character because he doubted anyone would research it lol. I know you always try to do research though. When Mike saw you post that he was trying to get quick hammered to end the DP so he could kill you lol. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
I’m not saying Bullish would have been lying. I would have been concerned about mafia having some role that allowed them to escape the JK. That’s not to mention that this is my first time seeing a confirmed mason be scum, so I would have had to put aside my preconceptions as well. Not saying I made a good move, but I am saying that the right move would have been difficult for me to make, and I’m not sure I would have made it given that additional information.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
And people will not blame the mod because it's Lunatic 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
And people will not blame the mod because it's Lunatic 
Blame me for what lol
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Lunatic
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
Scumsided af setup
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
Scumsided af setup
How so? 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
I'll let them tell you.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
Bullish flipping as Town was the biggest mod error.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
I'll let them tell you.
I mean my game made it to LYLO and lasted 5 day phases, yours barely made it two lol I hardly think you know much about balance. 

Bullish flipping as Town was the biggest mod error.
Bullish isn't allowed to be town?
Elminster
Elminster
nothing about this game was scum sided. Even with all the calls I made, town only lost this because they were literally lazy af. This entire game had like 1/10 of the posts of the mafia pm

1) earth was confirmed town because bullish jail kept him
2) there was no world where earth should have got voted because a nk could not have happened if he was scum on np 2
3) When bullish died it confirmed he was jk and that came down to whether wf of parrot was scum since earth was town lock
4) The only way a kill could have happened on the night bullish blocked wf, is if wf was strongman. Because if bullish jk whiteflame, and wf was scum there could not have been a kill
5) a literal google search on the books would have gave away the theme. We picked it up in like 3 mins of searching

The only reason town lost this was because they were lazy, and this was on top of me having near perfect calls. Game was certainly balanced. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
Someone recruited to scum multiple nights before they died...

Flips Town.