Stephen King Mafia Endgame

Author: Lunatic

Total: 55
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
Ability of the Town is why they lasted that long, not balance. You had a planted clear mason on the scum team that the Town would confirm as Town unless they voted that person before the converted.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
a literal google search on the books would have gave away the theme. We picked it up in like 3 mins of searching

You knew what the theme was, you're scum and can interpolate other information vs the searches to asertain what isn't vs is a viable theme.
Elminster
Debates: 0
Elminster
-->
@RationalMadman
pie literally found this out instantly 
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
Someone recruited to scum multiple nights before they died...

Flips Town.

Grey parrot wasn't an affiliation changing role. Mason is literally just for communication. You are thinking of a cult recruiter. Also how does that prove your point that this was scum sided, if people you thought were recruited got to stay as town? If anything that would be town sided...

Ability of the Town is why they lasted that long, not balance. You had a planted clear mason onnthe scum team that the Town would confirm as Town unless they voted that person before the converted.
Ability of town? This was an extremely low post count game, and roles are not confirmation of affiliation. Scum reading behavior should always be a priority over "Town confirming roles". If you haven't learned that lesson in mafia yet, then you haven't played enough mafia games. 

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
You knew what the theme was, you're scum and can interpolate other information vs the searches to asertain what isn't vs is a viable theme.
Mafia were not told what the theme split was, neither was town. Mafia were told it was not reccomended to claim their real characters, that's literally it. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
Neighborizer isn't the same as Mason.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
Neighborizer isn't the same as Mason.
So? You are just repeating what bullish said, but this actually doesn't have anything to do with the argument you just made. It also doesn't address my response to him. You are all over the place here buddy. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Game was definitely balanced. Idk what RM is talking about. Even if the theme was more complicated, the roles Town had could easily reveal scum.

Town lost cause it was lazy. Period. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
I mean my game made it to LYLO and lasted 5 day phases, yours barely made it two lol I hardly think you know much about balance. 
Barely? It didn’t even make it to DP2 💀
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
Bullish is correct
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
Whiteflame said he had two hands in his image  💀, but... Therefore, scum is MisterChris for having two hands. Lunatic had two arms, Supadudz didn't specify.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
Whiteflame said he had two hands in his image  💀, but... Therefore, scum is MisterChris for having two hands. Lunatic had two arms, Supadudz didn't specify.
At least I tried...unlike everyone else. 🤷‍♂️
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
How about stop acting fucking stupid and quick rushing lynches.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I had a suspicion that Grey was scum but I just thought that the pieces alligned well enough for Grey to be town. Oh well GG's to them.

Again, how many times do I have fucking say to stop quick lynching people for no reason and actually listen to reason. This is the 5th time I've said that the NK was waived and got lynched when I flipped town. I don't believe that this has happened 5x and no one believes me. So stupid
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
How about stop acting fucking stupid and quick rushing lynches.
I wasn’t on the lynch lmaooo
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
Bullish is correct
No actually, he is not. Mods on DDO/DART have changed affiliation for commonly known roles since I've played the game. He himself has played in many of my own games where I've done this. He more than anyone should know better than to assume that something like mason is always town. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
A mafia-affiliated Mason is a Yakuza that doesn't die to convert.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
A mafia-affiliated Mason is a Yakuza that doesn't die to convert.
No. If it were I would have explained that in the role mechanics. Not even bullish thinks that lol. You are pulling stuff out of your @ss now. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
Of course he does, it's exactly what the difference is between a neighborizer and a mason.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Was Bullish a townsided mason or a townsided jailkeeper when he died?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
Of course he does, it's exactly what the difference is between a neighborizer and a mason.
According to who lol

Was Bullish a townsided mason or a townsided jailkeeper when he died?
He was a jailkeeper. He never had any confusion about his role either, he was submitting his jailkeeps every night after he was recruited. You are the only one that seems so confused here. Even your attempt to wagon bullishes minor complaint seems to have backfired, since  you don't seem to have understood what is argument was, but wanted to get back at me for telling you that you balanced your game around theme lol.

It's rich. 
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@Lunatic
No actually, he is not. Mods on DDO/DART have changed affiliation for commonly known roles since I've played the game. He himself has played in many of my own games where I've done this. He more than anyone should know better than to assume that something like mason is always town. 
You've had popular scum before and I don't have a problem with that because popular isn't inherently town. Mason is inherently town by the definition of the role. Neighbors/neighborizers are not alignment indicative, so when you explicitly use the term "mason" in our PM chat title, it is alignment indicative. If you google "mason mafia role" all 5 of the top links explicitly say masons are town, there's no room to argue against this definition. This is exactly the same as having a scum innocent child, or a town godfather. I don't know why you would think otherwise. Non-town masons is mod deception and therefor bastard. It's in the interest of the game to have standard definitions, and it's very established that masons are confirmed town.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Bullish
So why is it okay to change the definition for "popular" and not for other roles? I think your argument that masons have to be town is semantics. The role functions completely differently than innocent child, as its primary purpose is communicative which shouldn't be alignment indicative. It's ironic also that RM is sucking you off here also considering he seemingly shares the same philosophy that behavior should trump role confirmation, as my entire role in his game was designed to make me look town.
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@Lunatic
That's not changing the definition of popular, nothing about popular says it's town or scum. My argument is exactly semantics, because the meaning of words matter. And as I've pointed out it is widely accepted to the point of being definitive, that masons are confirmed town. Neighbors' function is outside communication, masons function is communication IN ADDITION to alignment confirmation. Nothing here detracts from behavioural analysis by using the correct term "neighbor" instead of "mason".

Confusion on definitions of mafia terms has caused problems before with the whole "rolemad" thing. It doesn't make the players happy and when the plays bring it up it doesn't make the mods happy. Aligning on the definition of words is good for the game. It is only natural for mods to use the established definitions. Do you think it would be good to use the generally accepted terms neighbor/masons? or at least preemptively clarify if your definition differs significantly from generally accepted definitions?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Bullish
 Do you think it would be good to use the generally accepted terms neighbor/masons? or at least preemptively clarify if your definition differs significantly from generally accepted definitions?
Quite frequently when I mod I do clarify this, danielle had copied and pasting my exact wording in her sign up threads for a while also clarifying that she does this. I assume most people who play in my games know I abide by a standard that generally encourages people to focus on behaviors instead of roles. Role experimentation, and changes is something I and many mods have done. That said, I still have seen many mafia masons in my time playing. I wasn't the person who invented that, and considering your history with the game is nearly as lengthy as mine and stems from the same website, I am rather surprises at your surprise at the inclusion of this role.