The war on terror, turned inward?

Author: coal

Total: 36
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@Greyparrot
I more mean that every single liberal position has a myriad of bogus studies supporting it, and on most issues they can just appeal to what the "experts" are saying. On top of this, the media uncritically accepts everything that may paint liberal policies in a favorable light. Wading through the overwhelming sophistry is really hard
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@thett3
>  What do you make of all the statements put out by the intelligence agencies and government that white supremacist terrorism is the most pressing threat to the US? I see liberals make this point all the time, and they share statistics that, frankly, are not believable which show dozens of annual attacks. I can think of a handful of white supremacist terrorist attacks over the past decade (Dylann Roof, the 2018 synagogue shooting) so it definitely is a real thing but the numbers show that there have been 267 plots in the last half decade? Something sinister is going on with the counting here, but I don't know what 

Any claims made by any entity or group suggesting that "white supremacist" terrorism exceeds the threat to the United States posed by Islamist extremism can only be explained by subjective political motivations.  There is not now, nor has there been since the 1990s, any threat to the United States posed by non-state actors (domestic or otherwise) greater than the threat posed by Islamist extremists.  

Leftists who claim otherwise tend to simply be misinformed.  They misattribute "frequency of hearing about something in the media" with "magnitude of threat posed."  Leftists did the same with COVID, who, as for example Bill Maher reported recently, profoundly over-estimated the threat posed to their health and life by COVID.  The video is widely available so I won't link it here. 

The problem is that once misinformed, and in particular misinformed with ideas that jive with their understanding of the world, evidence-based discussion becomes very difficult if not futile.  

28 days later

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Today, it's lone wolves and right wing nutjobs.  Tomorrow?   Who will it be, then?
This is what concerns me a ton. Any time a party has complete control of all branches of government, they seem to grant whoever their president is more power. It's as if both sides are too stupid to see that power shifts occur. 
coal
coal
-->
@Wylted
This is what concerns me a ton. Any time a party has complete control of all branches of government, they seem to grant whoever their president is more power. It's as if both sides are too stupid to see that power shifts occur. 

Both parties basically agree on most things.  Unless one of those parties is led by Trump.  In which case, they had to get rid of him by any means necessary.  And they did.  COVID was their tool.  
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@coal
I think Carrol B Quigley wrote about this. Saying the elites want both parties to be nearly identical, so they can throw the bums out when they want and still know what policies will be pursued. 
coal
coal
-->
@Wylted
That's all the two party system is.  That's why Trump was such an aberration.